Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That miss…. 23:04 - Aug 30 with 9609 viewsDoudou87

I can’t stop thinking about it!

Massive shout out to the fans who applauded his every effort after it. Would of been crushing to have given him any stick, save that for behind my computer screen.

Completely shot of confidence. Yes he’s got a good work rate but he’s just not on the same wave length as our attackers. It seems like an intentional move that our fullbacks are playing the ball in low for our attacking midfields to come onto and shoot. He very rarely gets the ball under control or gets a decent flick on, so I’m sat here wondering what exactly he brings to our new system. Not sure we even need a target man and rather a false 9.

Not long left until we find out if there is anyone lined up to take his place.

Hope he comes good, I really do.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

That miss…. on 23:06 - Aug 30 with 5472 viewsHAYESBOY

Fair play to the crowd. Think it might have been different if we were losing. Just needs to get a goal.
Cant fault his effort though as per him chasing back in the second half to the left back position to make a tackle.
We do need an alternative though.

Smells like a trout farm in here

That miss…. on 23:07 - Aug 30 with 5445 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought he played well first half but yeh it was a shocking miss.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

That miss…. on 23:09 - Aug 30 with 5398 viewsHAYESBOY

From Beale:

Beale backed striker Lyndon Dykes, who squandered a chance make it 4-0 early in the second half when he missed an open goal.

“Lyndon worked tirelessly again, winning all his flick-ons and holding the ball up,” Beale said.

“He’s missed a big chance where he’s overthinking it, but his general play for the team is excellent.”

Smells like a trout farm in here

That miss…. on 23:10 - Aug 30 with 5386 viewsstowmarketrange

It would’ve been nice to see him applaud the fans as he made his way off the pitch after being subbed.
That miss…. on 23:12 - Aug 30 with 5336 viewsnumptydumpty

Dykes played very well today and deserves credit.

Even in his run of form in front of goal was harder to miss but his all round play contributed to the win and we won nearly 66% of all ariel duals and Dykes certainly played his part.

Deserved the standing ovation from proper QPR fans when he went off.

Shame he missed as would have been the perfect way to win such a game.. Think he just needs one to go in and he will do well. But he put himself about and did help provide space for our two maestros to perform within..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

That miss…. on 23:17 - Aug 30 with 5265 viewsMaggsinho

That miss…. on 23:10 - Aug 30 by stowmarketrange

It would’ve been nice to see him applaud the fans as he made his way off the pitch after being subbed.

I imagine he was too busy thinking about that miss at that moment.
That miss…. on 23:23 - Aug 30 with 5188 viewsnix

That miss…. on 23:17 - Aug 30 by Maggsinho

I imagine he was too busy thinking about that miss at that moment.

He clearly was. There was one point when they were having a drinks break and he was just standing there on his own, looking like he was probably thinking about the miss.

Glad to hear the manager defend him and the fans were brilliant at singing his name and clapping him off. No one will be more disappointed than him and I can't see getting on his back would have helped at all.
That miss…. on 23:45 - Aug 30 with 5067 viewsconnell10

I can't help thinking about 3 fantastic goals and a great performance from the team against a pretty good Hull team! Dykes missed a chance so what we won , who cares!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

That miss…. on 23:52 - Aug 30 with 4991 viewsA40Bosh

That miss…. on 23:45 - Aug 30 by connell10

I can't help thinking about 3 fantastic goals and a great performance from the team against a pretty good Hull team! Dykes missed a chance so what we won , who cares!!!!

You have to care Connell because at 0-0 or 0-1 down in another game you cannot afford to be missing absolute sitters like that. I think people are banging on about it because if he even misses chances like that then "there is a problem" that needs to be addressed one way or another.

Just relieved that the home end and other stands got behind straight away because Jaysus Christi it was pure embarrassment for a professional, no matter how off form.

Also, the 3 fantastic goals were all in the first half and we stand there looking at each other at half time saying "how are we now going to f..k this up again in the 2nd half" - it's like 2nd nature to us and sure enough the 2nd half as it dragged on got worse and they scored. Beale explained it away post match in his interview and that if fine, it's just I would prefer a bit more balance so that I am not on antacids by the 75th min.

Anyway... onwards and upwards regardless a great night all in all

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

That miss…. on 23:52 - Aug 30 with 4965 viewsBoston

He can miss all day long if he keeps contributing to performances like this.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

That miss…. on 23:58 - Aug 30 with 4935 viewsNorthantsHoop

He tries but after 2 years let's be honest he is the same player when he joined, can't control a ball properly, drifts far too off centre for my liking and cannot convert the simplest of chances. He will probably be moved on end of the season, Beale has too big him up as there is unlikely to be a replacement any time soon.
That miss…. on 00:04 - Aug 31 with 4878 viewsDamo1962

We are top scorers in the Championship I believe - with a striker who hasn't scored yet 🤔
That miss…. on 00:05 - Aug 31 with 4889 viewsWatfordR

It looks to me as though they guy is working so hard to do the things he is being asked to do for the benefit of his team mates that he is almost not thinking about being a striker, if that makes any sense at all. There's a couple of occasions over the last three or four games where it just seems as though putting the ball away is the last thing on his mind.

I thought the miss apart, he did a very decent job for the team.
That miss…. on 00:11 - Aug 31 with 4823 viewsDamo1962

That miss…. on 00:05 - Aug 31 by WatfordR

It looks to me as though they guy is working so hard to do the things he is being asked to do for the benefit of his team mates that he is almost not thinking about being a striker, if that makes any sense at all. There's a couple of occasions over the last three or four games where it just seems as though putting the ball away is the last thing on his mind.

I thought the miss apart, he did a very decent job for the team.

Good strikers are and should be a bit selfish, but I get where you are coming from. He does need a goal soon though - hopefully at the weekend.
That miss…. on 00:14 - Aug 31 with 4812 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That miss…. on 23:52 - Aug 30 by Boston

He can miss all day long if he keeps contributing to performances like this.

I doubt you really mean that. I'm as pleased as you with tonight's performance and result but this doesn't detract from the fact that Dykes missed an absolute sitter. It may not have affected tonight's result but there will be tighter games where such profligacy costs QPR points (Blackpool at home being a case in point). He needs to improve his finishing if QPR are to have a successful season.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 0:26]
That miss…. on 00:23 - Aug 31 with 4781 viewsCiderwithRsie

That miss…. on 23:52 - Aug 30 by A40Bosh

You have to care Connell because at 0-0 or 0-1 down in another game you cannot afford to be missing absolute sitters like that. I think people are banging on about it because if he even misses chances like that then "there is a problem" that needs to be addressed one way or another.

Just relieved that the home end and other stands got behind straight away because Jaysus Christi it was pure embarrassment for a professional, no matter how off form.

Also, the 3 fantastic goals were all in the first half and we stand there looking at each other at half time saying "how are we now going to f..k this up again in the 2nd half" - it's like 2nd nature to us and sure enough the 2nd half as it dragged on got worse and they scored. Beale explained it away post match in his interview and that if fine, it's just I would prefer a bit more balance so that I am not on antacids by the 75th min.

Anyway... onwards and upwards regardless a great night all in all

Well, yeah, you do, but there's a self-fulfilling element to this.

He's a confidence player, you can see how he improved when Charlie came in and instead of replacing him told him to be more selfish, and how in his first goalless stretch he kept scoring for Scotland in a team he clearly felt more at home in and under less pressure.

Now the world is on his shoulders again and if all he sees on social media after two fantastic team win that's put us in the play-offs (at Hull's expense, this wasn't an easy win) is "shocking miss from Dykes, put him down" it ain't going to help.

Not going to pretend the clock isn't ticking or you're wrong, because you aren't, but Beale and the crowd are taking the right approach.
That miss…. on 00:30 - Aug 31 with 4746 viewsQPR_Hibs

That miss…. on 00:04 - Aug 31 by Damo1962

We are top scorers in the Championship I believe - with a striker who hasn't scored yet 🤔

Dykes scored against Middlesboro.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

That miss…. on 00:39 - Aug 31 with 4705 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That miss…. on 00:23 - Aug 31 by CiderwithRsie

Well, yeah, you do, but there's a self-fulfilling element to this.

He's a confidence player, you can see how he improved when Charlie came in and instead of replacing him told him to be more selfish, and how in his first goalless stretch he kept scoring for Scotland in a team he clearly felt more at home in and under less pressure.

Now the world is on his shoulders again and if all he sees on social media after two fantastic team win that's put us in the play-offs (at Hull's expense, this wasn't an easy win) is "shocking miss from Dykes, put him down" it ain't going to help.

Not going to pretend the clock isn't ticking or you're wrong, because you aren't, but Beale and the crowd are taking the right approach.

I understand where you're coming from but that's the nature of football. To be successful players (particularly strikers) need to be resilient otherwise they're in the wrong trade.

Whilst Beale and the crowd did take the right approach, that was in the stadium. Retrospective analysis requires a different approach, whether on this message board or at the training ground.

Make no mistake, despite the public show of support in the post-match interview, Beale will be having a critical word with Lyndon tomorrow with a view to improving his finishing.
That miss…. on 01:39 - Aug 31 with 4603 viewsCiderwithRsie

That miss…. on 00:39 - Aug 31 by Benny_the_Ball

I understand where you're coming from but that's the nature of football. To be successful players (particularly strikers) need to be resilient otherwise they're in the wrong trade.

Whilst Beale and the crowd did take the right approach, that was in the stadium. Retrospective analysis requires a different approach, whether on this message board or at the training ground.

Make no mistake, despite the public show of support in the post-match interview, Beale will be having a critical word with Lyndon tomorrow with a view to improving his finishing.

Yeah, agree with all of that.

Dykes needs to be more resilient. I thought he was getting here but he's regressed. Can he turn it around again? Dunno. Want him to, obviously.

Flawed characters are where we are as a club, usually have been, we sort of love it/hate it.
That miss…. on 01:45 - Aug 31 with 4590 viewsVancouverHoop

That miss…. on 00:04 - Aug 31 by Damo1962

He has scored.
That miss…. on 02:02 - Aug 31 with 4566 viewsLblock

There’s no getting away from it - that one has to be filed in The Dean Coney Hall of Misses.
I said at the time it’s up there in the top ten of worst sitters missed I’ve ever seen but on reflection it may be top five. The only mitigating factor may be how close in he was and the keeper sprawling himself well.

Put the Miss aside… I just don’t buy the “all round game and work ethic” argument. Deep in the first half he was 30 yards out, ball at feet with clear grass in front of him. He got caught in twenty eight minds, shaped to shoot, move forward with the ball or pass… ended up doing none of the above, ball caught under his legs and was closed down so he had to shield and try and lay it off. I want my striker having a dig there.

Sorry but, game as Lyndon might well be, we need better and I’d move him on no matter the loss.
I’m sure if by some miracle we land Cameron Archer he’ll be Beales first choice.
It would rankle that we’re developing someone else’s player but such is life - might push us to the top six which is where we want to be.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

That miss…. on 03:43 - Aug 31 with 4467 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I put that miss up there with similar shockers like Spenny's up at Bury - where he chipped the home end, and Conner's at Brum - where his body position and where the ball ended were just all wrong for a striker.

This was the worst of the three, no doubt. And with the previous two, you have a feeling that everyone knows the rubicon has been crossed.

I wasn't at St. Andrews but it sounds like the fans reaction was akin to that for Spenny at Gigg Lane: we are in the final throws, and there's no point kicking the bloke when he's down.

MB done a good job of defending the guy; good to read the reaction of the Rfosi, which is considerably easier when 3-up.

Appears we're at the point where he and Bonne need replacing and to move on for everyone's sake.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

That miss…. on 07:33 - Aug 31 with 4036 viewsKeithW

Rob Steiner was in the seat next to mine last night and comfortably closer to putting that chance away than Lyndon!
That miss…. on 09:38 - Aug 31 with 3710 viewsCiderwithRsie

That miss…. on 07:33 - Aug 31 by KeithW

Rob Steiner was in the seat next to mine last night and comfortably closer to putting that chance away than Lyndon!

Nice to see he's attending the odd game. Always quite fond of him, seemed a decent player in a rubbish time for us.
That miss…. on 09:40 - Aug 31 with 3689 viewsAberystwythR

As long as the front 4 are scoring 2/3 goals a game then each component of the attack is clearly working as part of the group. Take dykes out of it and suddenly chair or willock havent got as much space to pull the strings
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024