Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still want VAR in the championship 23:13 - Sep 3 with 10587 viewsloftboy

Absolutely shocking decision at Chelscum today.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:20 - Sep 3 with 5482 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

No I don't want it. I was really disappointed with Mick Beale saying he'd like VAR in the Championship this week. After one slightly dodgy decision.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:26 - Sep 3 with 5456 viewstraininvain

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:20 - Sep 3 by CliveWilsonSaid

No I don't want it. I was really disappointed with Mick Beale saying he'd like VAR in the Championship this week. After one slightly dodgy decision.

From a spectator point of view, I don’t want VAR in the championship. But if my livelihood depended upon refs getting decisions right and given the quality of refereeing in the championship, I’d want VAR as a manager.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:32 - Sep 3 with 5428 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:26 - Sep 3 by traininvain

From a spectator point of view, I don’t want VAR in the championship. But if my livelihood depended upon refs getting decisions right and given the quality of refereeing in the championship, I’d want VAR as a manager.

I've not been shown any proof that VAR solves anything.

Especially keeping a manager his job.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 23:37]

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:41 - Sep 3 with 5396 viewsqpr_1968

if var cant get decisions right, whats the point of it.
always said, and that is initially what i thought they were only going to use it for, is if the ball crosses the goal line.

dont need it for anything else.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:50 - Sep 3 with 5360 viewsdmm

I don't want VAR but I can't help wonder what it would have made of the foul on Willock today.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 00:01 - Sep 4 with 5341 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:50 - Sep 3 by dmm

I don't want VAR but I can't help wonder what it would have made of the foul on Willock today.

Would VAR be useful for that kind of thing in the championship? I've not seen the challenge myself. How long would it take for a decision and who would make it?

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 00:31 - Sep 4 with 5267 viewsdaveB

Shit refs giving shit decsions after seering the replay no different to shit refs getting it wrong in real time

The newcastle one was just as bad
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 01:25 - Sep 4 with 5209 viewsdmm

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 00:01 - Sep 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

Would VAR be useful for that kind of thing in the championship? I've not seen the challenge myself. How long would it take for a decision and who would make it?

Here you go - see what you think.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 07:17 - Sep 4 with 5031 viewsLblock

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 01:25 - Sep 4 by dmm

Here you go - see what you think.

Sad as it is to say… Willock should’ve gone down.
He probably wouldn’t have got anything but this ref wasn’t going to give us anything by staying on our feet.

Similar situation with Dykes when two converged on him and he kept battling for the ball.

Terrible performance from the ref AND his assistants

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 07:19 - Sep 4 with 5028 viewsHAYESBOY

Yes, bring VAR in.

It's not the technology that's the problem. It's the idiots that are officiating the game still that are the problem. VAR will bring more correct decisions, and we would have benefitted twice yesterday, but VAR will highlight the incompetence of some refs and officials even more.
Overall VAR has brought in more correct decisions than before.
Also, we are basically playing by different rules outside the Prem without VAR.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 07:29 - Sep 4 with 5002 viewsHarbour

It’s a no for me. On field wrong decisions swapped for delayed wrong decisions off the pitch.Also these border line off side decisions where the players shoe lace is deemed off side are ridiculous. Thought it was clear and obvious on field errors but that’s not happening.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 07:34 - Sep 4 with 4992 viewstraininvain

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:32 - Sep 3 by CliveWilsonSaid

I've not been shown any proof that VAR solves anything.

Especially keeping a manager his job.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 23:37]

Personally I think VAR gets the majority of decisions right but still makes mistakes. If I was a manager I’d feel a lot more comfortable having VAR but as a supporter it ruins the spectacle.

Ultimately, there’s a reason that Beale’s calling for VAR as it’s his job on the line and he must feel that it would avoid poor decisions like yesterday.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 07:44 - Sep 4 with 4966 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 07:34 - Sep 4 by traininvain

Personally I think VAR gets the majority of decisions right but still makes mistakes. If I was a manager I’d feel a lot more comfortable having VAR but as a supporter it ruins the spectacle.

Ultimately, there’s a reason that Beale’s calling for VAR as it’s his job on the line and he must feel that it would avoid poor decisions like yesterday.

Isn’t VAR equally likely to lose and save his job?
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:02 - Sep 4 with 4922 viewsdenhamhoop2

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:26 - Sep 3 by traininvain

Why does anyone think adding another poor referee into the decision making process will make things better.
Refs make correct decisions they make incorrect decisions that's part of football
When the NFL voted on use of video replays it was voted in 29 to 1 my team were the one voting against because they said refereeing mistakes were an integral part of the game and they are all VAR does is delay them and allow 2 different people to make decisions either correct or incorrect
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:04 - Sep 4 with 4919 viewstraininvain

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 07:44 - Sep 4 by Padulas_Shampoo

Isn’t VAR equally likely to lose and save his job?

Not if you want to increase the likelihood of referees getting decisions right. I’d imagine that most managers want refs to get the big decisions right?

According to this ( https://apsportseditors.org/soccer/var-statistics/amp/) VAR has increased the accuracy of reviewable decisions by circa 5.8% to reach a high of 98.8%.

Admittedly I’m not sure how the statistic is calculated but it seems pretty obvious to me that VAR results in better decision making overall, albeit with the occasional mistake which tend to attract more interest than the correct ones for obvious reasons.

But I agree that it does ruin the game for supporters so I’m not advocating its use. However I can see why Beale (and other managers) would want VAR as ultimately they pay a bigger price for bad decisions.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:13 - Sep 4 with 4897 viewstraininvain

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:02 - Sep 4 by denhamhoop2

Why does anyone think adding another poor referee into the decision making process will make things better.
Refs make correct decisions they make incorrect decisions that's part of football
When the NFL voted on use of video replays it was voted in 29 to 1 my team were the one voting against because they said refereeing mistakes were an integral part of the game and they are all VAR does is delay them and allow 2 different people to make decisions either correct or incorrect

Surely the NFL stat supports what I’m saying- only one team voted against using video replays in your NFL comparison. Not one Premiership club voted against using VAR.

Managers and clubs are more likely to support VAR as they pay a bigger price for incorrect decisions whereas supporters (like you or me) don’t want it because of the negative impact it has on watching the game as a spectacle.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:36 - Sep 4 with 4829 viewsgazza1

Want it 100%....gets more right than wrong and does away with very poor linesman decisions for sure.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:41 - Sep 4 with 4820 viewsswitchingcode

Hate VAR even though we benefited from it yesterday massively.Refereeing has been just as bad in the PL as it is in the championship and these same Refs are sat looking at screens and making poor judgments.The delayed enjoyment of celebrating a goal is scandalous.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:46 - Sep 4 with 4806 viewsnix

No because I hate watching Prem football when they can't even celebrate a goal any more. And I think if you can't tell with the naked eye whether or not it's offside they should stick with the on field decision.

Also, I think VAR still favours the bigger clubs, so what's the point? That's the only thing that it theoretically had in its favour, to balance that out.

The real issue is that our standard of refereeing is so very poor. I don't understand why because they're paid better, they're trained better, they have more time to develop their skills, but the standard is so much worse than when I was younger.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:47 - Sep 4 with 4809 viewsHAYESBOY

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:41 - Sep 4 by switchingcode

Hate VAR even though we benefited from it yesterday massively.Refereeing has been just as bad in the PL as it is in the championship and these same Refs are sat looking at screens and making poor judgments.The delayed enjoyment of celebrating a goal is scandalous.

Sometimes you get to celebrate twice.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:47 - Sep 4 with 4808 viewsJuzzie

I’m still split on this. Initially I wanted it in but seeing mistakes makes me less confident.

However, i do understand that it’s only the mistakes that get talked about so it seems worse. In my job I could make one mistake in a year and next thing you know it’s the Spanish Inquisition yet nothing is taken into account with the dozens of things i have prevented from going wrong.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:48 - Sep 4 with 4807 viewsdaveB

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:41 - Sep 4 by switchingcode

yeah same people getting it wrong in real time are getting it wrong on video.

Yesterday was a farce in the Prem. The Villa goal an awful decsion by the ref to blow early, Leeds should have had a penalty and ended with the manager sent off. Those West ham and Newcastle ones were awful

Scrap the bloody thing, I don't think I could cope with celebrating a goal like Diengs at sunderland and then having to wait 5 minutes for someone at the other end of the country to let me know if it's Ok or not.

VAR is a good idea but is executed so poorly
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 09:03 - Sep 4 with 4750 viewsted_hendrix

The people who watch the screen and make the decission's need to be trained and then pass an exam.
Who keeps an eye on them? who checks they're decission's the next day if at all?
You can't keep having the odd wrong decission's nowadays, not with today's modern technology.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 09:22 - Sep 4 with 4696 viewsWren67

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:41 - Sep 3 by qpr_1968

if var cant get decisions right, whats the point of it.
always said, and that is initially what i thought they were only going to use it for, is if the ball crosses the goal line.

dont need it for anything else.

Agree entirely. Slows the game too.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 09:31 - Sep 4 with 4667 viewsderbyhoop

The problem is the quality of referees. VAR makes football more of a stop start sport and should only be used for clear and obvious errors. But it isnt helped by players simulating injuries to get an initial decision overturned.

DRS which is similar is used in cricket but the officials are so much better, on the
field and off. It has improved the accuracy of decision making but the default position is Umpire's Call.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024