Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday's Game ? 19:00 - Sep 8 with 26670 viewsconnell10

I presume all football games will be cancelled on Saturday.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Saturday's Game ? on 19:12 - Sep 8 with 9650 viewsMrSheen

Particularly Her Majesty’s Park Rangers.
Saturday's Game ? on 19:12 - Sep 8 with 9647 viewsdenhamhoop2

Would be shocked if any games go ahead this weekend and would imagine next weeks midweek games will be gone
Saturday's Game ? on 19:15 - Sep 8 with 9592 viewsBklynRanger

Saturday's Game ? on 19:12 - Sep 8 by MrSheen

Particularly Her Majesty’s Park Rangers.

Kings Park Rangers is going to feel very odd at first
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 19:18]
Saturday's Game ? on 19:17 - Sep 8 with 9568 viewsstowmarketrange

Saturday's Game ? on 19:15 - Sep 8 by BklynRanger

Kings Park Rangers is going to feel very odd at first
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 19:18]

No apostrophe please.
Saturday's Game ? on 19:18 - Sep 8 with 9564 viewsBklynRanger

Saturday's Game ? on 19:17 - Sep 8 by stowmarketrange

No apostrophe please.

Auto thingy
Saturday's Game ? on 19:33 - Sep 8 with 9390 viewsHayesender

Tomorrow's test at the oval has been postponed, so I'd imagine the football will follow suit

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Saturday's Game ? on 19:43 - Sep 8 with 9281 viewsdaveB

Man Utd still playing tonight but probably too late to cancel
I'd be surprised if there is any sport weekend, the Racing tonight was ended early
Saturday's Game ? on 20:04 - Sep 8 with 9098 viewsozranger

Offy just put out a statement to say that the matter is under consideration and an announcement will be made at the earliest opportunity. So, expect to hear tomorrow about postponements.
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday's Game ? on 20:22 - Sep 8 with 8959 viewsswitchingcode

Saturday's Game ? on 20:04 - Sep 8 by ozranger

Offy just put out a statement to say that the matter is under consideration and an announcement will be made at the earliest opportunity. So, expect to hear tomorrow about postponements.

Don’t think any games will be played until after the funeral that’s Sunday week
Saturday's Game ? on 20:25 - Sep 8 with 8924 viewsToast_R

Not saying its right or wrong, but if you were a Huddersfiedl fan and paid a stupid amount of money for a train ticket and all the rest of it, not sure you'd be too happy about it.
Saturday's Game ? on 20:27 - Sep 8 with 8898 viewsstowmarketrange

Saturday's Game ? on 20:25 - Sep 8 by Toast_R

Not saying its right or wrong, but if you were a Huddersfiedl fan and paid a stupid amount of money for a train ticket and all the rest of it, not sure you'd be too happy about it.

There will be loads of fans of all clubs that will have bought train tickets that are now worthless.I doubt many train companies will be offering refunds.
Saturday's Game ? on 20:37 - Sep 8 with 8792 viewsToast_R

Saturday's Game ? on 20:27 - Sep 8 by stowmarketrange

There will be loads of fans of all clubs that will have bought train tickets that are now worthless.I doubt many train companies will be offering refunds.

Exactly. Don't see the point in that really. Play the fixtures, let there be tributes, moments of reflection and applause etc, no need to put thousands of people out of pocket. What possible good does that do? That's my opinion on it.
Saturday's Game ? on 20:41 - Sep 8 with 8760 viewsterryb

It couldn't just be football/sport. If these are cancelled, surely theatres, cinemas & all live events would have to be as well?

I'm struggling to envisage this happening for this weekend, although Lockdown showed it can be done at little notice.
Saturday's Game ? on 20:45 - Sep 8 with 8742 viewsLogman

I agree with Toast R.
Saturday's Game ? on 20:46 - Sep 8 with 8730 viewsstowmarketrange

Saturday's Game ? on 20:41 - Sep 8 by terryb

It couldn't just be football/sport. If these are cancelled, surely theatres, cinemas & all live events would have to be as well?

I'm struggling to envisage this happening for this weekend, although Lockdown showed it can be done at little notice.

I was supposed to be going straight up to Norwich after the game Saturday for a gig,but will that happen now either?
Saturday's Game ? on 20:47 - Sep 8 with 8726 viewsBklynRanger

Saturday's Game ? on 20:37 - Sep 8 by Toast_R

Exactly. Don't see the point in that really. Play the fixtures, let there be tributes, moments of reflection and applause etc, no need to put thousands of people out of pocket. What possible good does that do? That's my opinion on it.

Yeah I think it's genuinely sad but do wonder about some of that.
Saturday's Game ? on 20:50 - Sep 8 with 8687 viewsWatford_Ranger

Essentially all the fun stuff will stop but you can still go to work.
Saturday's Game ? on 20:52 - Sep 8 with 8652 viewsstowmarketrange

Saturday's Game ? on 20:50 - Sep 8 by Watford_Ranger

I was supposed to be at work on Saturday night but I got the night off to do the fun stuff,but now it looks like I might as well go to work after all.
Saturday's Game ? on 21:05 - Sep 8 with 8525 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Bizarre to cancel all the weekend's sporting events. What's wrong with a minute's silence (or applause)?

Even more bizarre if they call off the midweek fixtures and next weekend's programme because of the funeral too.

It's not like they're going to close down all the schools, businesses and shops too.
Saturday's Game ? on 21:08 - Sep 8 with 8499 viewsOldPedro

As a mark of respect, following the passing of Her Majesty, The Queen Elizabeth II earlier today, the EFL has confirmed that its fixtures scheduled for tomorrow evening (Friday 9 September) — Burnley v Norwich City and Tranmere Rovers v Stockport County - have been postponed.

A determination regarding the remainder of this weekend’s scheduled fixtures will be made following a review of the official mourning guidance, in addition to further consultation with DCMS and other sports on Friday morning.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Saturday's Game ? on 21:11 - Sep 8 with 8461 viewsdavman

Saturday's Game ? on 20:50 - Sep 8 by Watford_Ranger

That's about it. The BBC apparently won't be broadcasting any comedy (now, now, no-one suggest that this is nothing new) until after the funeral, so the view that we have to mourn for ten days 'til the funeral may well be true.

Yes, I can see its the ultimate respect, but QE2 clearly loved fun and wouldn' t want her subjects to wallow, surely?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Saturday's Game ? on 21:19 - Sep 8 with 8413 viewsdaveB

Saturday's Game ? on 21:11 - Sep 8 by davman

That's about it. The BBC apparently won't be broadcasting any comedy (now, now, no-one suggest that this is nothing new) until after the funeral, so the view that we have to mourn for ten days 'til the funeral may well be true.

Yes, I can see its the ultimate respect, but QE2 clearly loved fun and wouldn' t want her subjects to wallow, surely?

It's supposed to be 10 days of national mourning so BBC probably not going to put Fools and Horses on

I think the games should go ahead but would be surprised if they do
Saturday's Game ? on 21:26 - Sep 8 with 8333 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just seen that the West Ham fans started singing God Save the Queen tonight; surely that's a more genuine tribute than cancelling matches for the next 10 days.
Saturday's Game ? on 21:29 - Sep 8 with 8291 viewsQPR_John

Saturday's Game ? on 21:11 - Sep 8 by davman

I agree
Saturday's Game ? on 21:30 - Sep 8 with 8277 viewsBAWHoops

State Funeral would be next Saturday, so looks like next 3 games will be off (and then a 2 week international break)

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024