Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ed Sheeran 17:21 - Sep 30 with 2948 viewsStanmiguel

A bit of relief from the Pound thread.....Ed Sheeran faces another trial in the States for plagiarising other people's songs. I thought he was quite open in the previous case when he said, 'well, it's just 12 notes and a few chords bruv'
Never seemed to bother Mozart or Mahler - they seemed to cope alright.

Ed Sheeran on 17:56 - Sep 30 with 2839 viewsJuzzie

My Dad is a retired musician and I asked him a few years ago if there's a finite amount of chords, riffs etc. Basically do we get to a point where there are no more then everything thereafter is just a repeat (even if unintentional) of something that may have been done, years or decades ago.

"Yeah, I guess so"
Ed Sheeran on 18:12 - Sep 30 with 2804 viewsted_hendrix

As Keith Richards once said "The best riffs are stolen ones"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ed Sheeran on 18:46 - Sep 30 with 2723 viewscolinallcars

Ed Sheeran on 18:12 - Sep 30 by ted_hendrix

He should know, he stole a few !
To be fair, you hear other music and perhaps unintentially, it stays with you and influences what you do.
Pop music is ‘formulaic’ if that's the word - you can use the same backing track for ever.
Ed Sheeran on 18:57 - Sep 30 with 2703 viewsPunteR

You can plagiarise other peoples drum riffs/patterns all you like though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ed Sheeran on 19:00 - Sep 30 with 2699 viewsNorthLondonR

Ed Sheeran on 18:46 - Sep 30 by colinallcars

He should know, he stole a few !
To be fair, you hear other music and perhaps unintentially, it stays with you and influences what you do.
Pop music is ‘formulaic’ if that's the word - you can use the same backing track for ever.

Sheeran's a c@nt and social and artistic chameleon who deserves everything coming his way. Terrible voice, mundane lyrics and songs all lapped up by teenagers and middle age mum's who are enticed to like the c@nt through constant positive media and his record company insisting he features on every playlist the world over. His Ipswich allegiance is b@llocks and reinforces his 'man of the people' persona.

I hope he gets his comeupence(?) in the US, the insipid, beige pr@ck....

There's one thing Keith Richards plagiarising and coming up with something else, but seriously his tripe??? A swimming pool was even voted more popular than that c@nt in a poll from Suffolk folk..
Ed Sheeran on 19:06 - Sep 30 with 2679 viewsPunteR

Ed Sheeran on 19:00 - Sep 30 by NorthLondonR

Sheeran's a c@nt and social and artistic chameleon who deserves everything coming his way. Terrible voice, mundane lyrics and songs all lapped up by teenagers and middle age mum's who are enticed to like the c@nt through constant positive media and his record company insisting he features on every playlist the world over. His Ipswich allegiance is b@llocks and reinforces his 'man of the people' persona.

There's one thing Keith Richards plagiarising and coming up with something else, but seriously his tripe??? A swimming pool was even voted more popular than that c@nt in a poll from Suffolk folk..

Not a fan then..?

Ive never understood why Sheeran is even a thing. Same as Adele. Both can get in the sea.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ed Sheeran on 20:07 - Sep 30 with 2583 viewsMick_S

Ed Sheeran on 19:06 - Sep 30 by PunteR

Not a fan then..?

Ive never understood why Sheeran is even a thing. Same as Adele. Both can get in the sea.

I’d love to go for a swim with Adele. Point taken, mind.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ed Sheeran on 20:17 - Sep 30 with 2554 viewsted_hendrix

Richards has never hidden from his peers and has always shown them respect, he's stated that his heroes were Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters who he tried to imitate, he spent time with Chuck Berry In the early days.

I don't know much about Sheeran, sometimes he comes up on my news feeds, I don't read It by choice, a few years ago he was on the television thing In the back ground whilst we were visiting boring friends, all I could see out of the corner of my eye was thousands of Women swaying from side to side whilst holding lit candles and having multiple orgasms, anyway at that point I fell into a mild coma and came round about an hour later and we went home.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Ed Sheeran on 22:56 - Sep 30 with 2423 viewsDannyPaddox

I wouldn’t know one of his songs. But his face is hard to avoid. It’s a strange one. The expression of a goldfish fed MDMA cut with haribo oil.
Ed Sheeran on 23:07 - Sep 30 with 2395 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ed Sheeran on 20:07 - Sep 30 by Mick_S

I’d love to go for a swim with Adele. Point taken, mind.

She wouldn’t swim With Someone Like You
Ed Sheeran on 23:18 - Sep 30 with 2388 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ed Sheeran on 23:07 - Sep 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

She wouldn’t swim With Someone Like You

So 'Rumour Has It'

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ed Sheeran on 01:06 - Oct 1 with 2303 viewsBoston

Ed Sheeran on 18:12 - Sep 30 by ted_hendrix

Farkin 'ell. Reading your post triggered a forty plus year memory of a band called The Riffs who came out of Malta. Typed their name in - and good lawd, they're still banging it out! Strangely, they did have some sort of connection wiv Keef if I remember correctly.

Oh yeah, was out on the island with the 'Urban Dissidents', who were on the bill with the above. Nice spot Malta.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+riffs+band+Malta&docid=6080260479919803

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ed Sheeran on 08:50 - Oct 1 with 2111 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I read an interview with Max Cavalera in the early 90's when he was in Sepultura and the interviewer started talking about riffs and Max replied something like "Black Sabbath have already written all the best ones".

By the Tate modern I often used to go past the busking spot and it's usually some dude with an accoustic and a hoodie on wailing, some of these dudes are over 30 ffs (or had a hard life) all trying to be the next "Sheeran" we used to laugh at them.
The last time I walked up there was an unofficial one by the pub a bit further up, a girl on a bench, electric guitar plugged in rocking out she wasn't bad either.
Sadly I had no change I said to my mate "I'd have given her a quid." She looked like a student trying to earn some extra cash.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ed Sheeran on 10:06 - Oct 1 with 2041 viewsSonofpugwash

Who?
Never heard of him.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ed Sheeran on 10:59 - Oct 1 with 1979 viewsderbyhoop

The OH went to Stade de France to see him in concert end July. I managed to swerve that.
She said he was very good, variety of styles, theatrical show. And, as hinted earlier, majority of audience teenagers and middle aged women

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ed Sheeran on 11:06 - Oct 1 with 1962 viewsWoog

Ed Sheeran on 19:00 - Sep 30 by NorthLondonR

Ed Sheeran on 14:42 - Oct 1 with 1882 viewscolinallcars

I read that on his previous plagiarism case he brought his ‘co-writers’ with him.
He actually needs co-writers to write his stuff ? I imagine a five year old would he too sophisticated for his music.
Ed Sheeran on 21:27 - Oct 3 with 1549 viewsPeterHucker

Can't stand Sheeran's music but he deserves credit for 1 thing.

He's made some pretty simple changes to the way his gig tickets are sold including not allowing any to be sold on legalised touting sites like Viagogo, Stubhub, Seatwave etc.
It has meant that nobody can resell and fleece the fans and it's actually worked.

Other big music acts must be aware of what he's done and yet they don't follow suit. Which means that McCartney, Coldplay, Killers, Springsteen, Harry Styles, Rolling Stones, Liam Gallagher etc etc have all allowed their tour dates to go on sale and for their fans to get totally stitched up by the scummy touts & bots & ticket sellers. But they don't care, presumably because they're making more money from it too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024