Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 09:45 - Oct 5 with 2188 viewsAberystwythR

Looks a harder, more aggressive, all round centre midfielder now... i wonder how much of that is down to beale and how much is just adjusting to the championship
Dozzell on 09:53 - Oct 5 with 2112 viewsdaveB

He is so much better off the ball this season, gets in much better positions and thats really helped his game, he was very good last night
Dozzell on 09:58 - Oct 5 with 2087 viewsdannyblue

He's got a little more spikiness too. More aggression in closing down. Better seeing him on the left last night. One peach of a pass out to wide right to start a break. Would be interested to see his distance covered compared to other players in that position because I still suspect he does a bit less running.
Dozzell on 10:02 - Oct 5 with 2048 viewsdmm

Agree with the OP. He met Beale's faith in him to fill Johansen's boots well. I think he can improve still and will as he gets more game time.
Dozzell on 10:15 - Oct 5 with 1997 viewsTacticalR

When you think he's just played the whole game away at the team at the top of the Championship, he's come a long way since he and Thomas had to be hooked before half-time when we were getting blunderbussed at home by Barnsley.

Sometimes I still have the feeling that he's not playing quite the same game as everybody else, but that feeling is less strong than it used to be.

Air hostess clique

Dozzell on 10:26 - Oct 5 with 1919 viewsTonto

Much improved. there has always been a player in there, but it was only shown in a few games - mainly those with the lowest levels of physicality.

probably due to a combination of more games and some good coaching.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Dozzell on 10:30 - Oct 5 with 1882 viewsrobith

I felt earlier in the season that Beale had lit a bit of a fire in him. When we weren't quite firing I had a suspicion that Dozzell was following MB's instructions closer than others - he kept peeling out to the left and playing the ball inside for a wide run that at the time wasn't happening. His pressing is much higher the pitch and far more intense.

Far from the finished article, but it's great to see improvement inline with the coaching ticket - I had worried he might turn out to be a bit of busted flush
Dozzell on 10:57 - Oct 5 with 1790 viewsHAYESBOY

I thought he worked really hard for the team last night, often the first one out to meet the possession.
There was also a cross field ball he played to Roberts from 60-70 yards out that I am not sure anyone else would have seen or pulled off.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Dozzell on 11:35 - Oct 5 with 1654 viewsJPC

I think what also gets missed is how good his passing range is - looks to play the ball forward quickly and accurately
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 11:36 - Oct 5 with 1651 viewsToast_R

Its amazing what coaching and giving someone time to mature does for a players confidence.

Has been a decent acquisition written off way too early by a fair few supporters and I include myself in that.
Dozzell on 12:13 - Oct 5 with 1539 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Massive improvement from last season. Is much more physical, and his work rate has gone up massively. I got the impression that Warburton never really trusted him last year.
Just needs to start adding the odd goal now, like Johansen.
Dozzell on 14:06 - Oct 5 with 1307 viewsNorthantsHoop

Dozzell has made a lot of progress, and starting to pay off, just needs a goal. Thought he and our midfield dealt very well with that man mountain of a midfield player Sander Berge.
Dozzell on 14:10 - Oct 5 with 1280 viewsNW5Hoop

Dozzell on 10:57 - Oct 5 by HAYESBOY

I thought he worked really hard for the team last night, often the first one out to meet the possession.
There was also a cross field ball he played to Roberts from 60-70 yards out that I am not sure anyone else would have seen or pulled off.

Yes, that pass was astounding. From left to an advanced right wing position. I thought it was insane when he hit it, and it looked like the Sheff player was going to head it, but no — inches over his head, easy for Roberts to control in acres of space. Simply brilliant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024