Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane 10:26 - Oct 6 with 2351 viewskernowhoop

The film showed that, despite the fact that the Sheffield United fans at the Kop end were screaming for a penalty, both players were pulling shirts. Nevertheless, in that atmosphere, Andre Dozell was lucky to get away with it. Well done the ref.
I have wondered many times why professional footballers wear shirts that can be gripped and tugged. Don't Rugby Union players wear skin-tight shirts that are difficult to grip, or have I dreamt that up? Shouldn't footballers do likewise?

The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 10:48 - Oct 6 with 2208 viewsWegerles_Stairs

You'd have to give a penalty after every corner if you're going to punish shirt-pulling in the area.
The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 10:49 - Oct 6 with 2204 viewsdmm

Grealish wears a skintight kit with tiny, tiny shin guards and he's never fouled.
The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 10:50 - Oct 6 with 2200 viewsTonto

THe shirts of rugby are designed differently, as front row players have to have something to hook onto in the scrum

but tight fitting replica shirts on some of our supporters would not be attractive

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 11:13 - Oct 6 with 2122 viewsstowmarketrange

Didn’t spurs try that a few years ago with a tight fitting shirt?It would make more sense if there was nothing to grab hold of,and obviously the players would look more comfortable wearing it than some of us more rotund fans.
At the FC Halle game in July I swapped shirts with one of their supporters at the end of the match,but I should’ve chosen a better fitting person to swap shirts with rather than the bloke who chose me.It was nice of our fans to start singing “ get your tits out for the lads” as I was trying to put on this XL halle shirt where a 3xl qpr one used to be.
The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 11:34 - Oct 6 with 2042 viewskensalriser

Shirts should be designed with perforated tear off sections.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 11:57 - Oct 6 with 1965 viewsPinnerPaul

On the leniency towards holding, this was introduced into the glossary of the laws a couple of years ago - make of it what you will, but IMHO it is a possible reason why some, what may seem blatant, offences are let go

"Holding offence
A holding offence occurs only when a player’s contact with an opponent’s body
or equipment impedes the opponent’s movement"
The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 12:02 - Oct 6 with 1947 viewsDannyPaddox

Cameroon’s arse-crack hugging kit of 2004. Not a leotard - an indomitable unitard. Was way ahead of it’s time.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 12:54]
The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 12:15 - Oct 6 with 1892 viewsToast_R

The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 11:34 - Oct 6 by kensalriser

Shirts should be designed with perforated tear off sections.

All running around like Captain Kirk after a scuffle.
Login to get fewer ads

The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 13:06 - Oct 6 with 1761 viewsDannyPaddox

Meanwhile on Planet Stroud: Kirk’s appeal for a shirt-pull - not given!
The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 13:33 - Oct 6 with 1692 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In Gaelic Games different teams wear different tyoes of jersies. If you're a team that scores goals you'll wear tight-fitting shirts so you can't be pulled back, if you're not good at goals you'll wear baggy shirts so you do get fouled and you score from frees/penalties instead.

I'd be amazed if this hadn't occured to English football teams as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 13:54 - Oct 6 with 1620 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 13:33 - Oct 6 by BrianMcCarthy

In Gaelic Games different teams wear different tyoes of jersies. If you're a team that scores goals you'll wear tight-fitting shirts so you can't be pulled back, if you're not good at goals you'll wear baggy shirts so you do get fouled and you score from frees/penalties instead.

I'd be amazed if this hadn't occured to English football teams as well.

Preston's new kit will be modelled on The Stone Roses circa 1989.
The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 13:55 - Oct 6 with 1618 viewsNoelmc

One of the Action Images photos Clive put up on website in his 'Pics Gallery' clearly shows it was a bit more than 'six of one, half a dozen of the other'. I think we were very lucky not to concede a penalty there. Poor decision making from Dozell.

The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 14:31 - Oct 6 with 1544 viewsTacticalR

@Noelmc 'Poor decision making from Dozell'

Midfielders sometimes forget that they can't get away with things in the box that they can get away with in midfield. Although he got away with it.

Air hostess clique

The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 14:33 - Oct 6 with 1540 viewsDWQPR

The shirt pulling at Bramall Lane on 13:55 - Oct 6 by Noelmc

One of the Action Images photos Clive put up on website in his 'Pics Gallery' clearly shows it was a bit more than 'six of one, half a dozen of the other'. I think we were very lucky not to concede a penalty there. Poor decision making from Dozell.

It’s obvious that it wasn’t the shirt pulling that impeded Berge it was his inability to tie his boot lace properly. Schoolboy error.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024