Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A40 speed cameras 10:51 - Nov 4 with 3626 viewsdelhoop

anyone driving between whitecity and paddington,cameras are now working as i’ve been caught 3 times in last week,and i have been using that road for years aswell,so they must have just put on last week
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 11:16]
A40 speed cameras on 11:03 - Nov 4 with 3583 viewsNorthernr

Sorry to hear that mate.
Got rid of my car when I moved to London and having driven to Bristol and Sheffield in the last rail strike I remembered why. Four lanes of empty motorway in the middle of the night - gantry of matrix displays flashing 60 all with a camera on the back.
A40 speed cameras on 11:19 - Nov 4 with 3532 viewsJuzzie

is that the average speed cameras on the westway? (as that's the section between white city and Paddington).

I use it both ways one day a week and always kept to the limit but see plenty of people zooming past.
A40 speed cameras on 11:24 - Nov 4 with 3519 viewsMetallica_Hoop

These speed limits are ridiculous especially the 20 ones.
Near a School fair enough but it's getting stupid now, 30 on the A40 by Edgware Road? What?

I checked Strava ages ago and down Haymarket I hit 38 on a shit bike and I wasn't even pedalling. (ave speed 10 but thats because I stop at red lights.)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

A40 speed cameras on 11:35 - Nov 4 with 3485 viewsSnipper

If you get tickets 3 days in a row (37 in a 30), does that automatically mean 3 fines + 3 points on your license for each day?

By the way, it’s got sod all to do with safety. It’s a cash cow.
A40 speed cameras on 11:41 - Nov 4 with 3450 viewsPaddyhoops

It’s a thirty zone and has been for a while. Apparently it’s that because of structural faults with the pillars holding it up. I use it most days . It’s a pain but is best to stick to it . Sorry to hear you’ve been done.
A40 speed cameras on 11:41 - Nov 4 with 3442 viewsJuzzie

A40 speed cameras on 11:35 - Nov 4 by Snipper

If you get tickets 3 days in a row (37 in a 30), does that automatically mean 3 fines + 3 points on your license for each day?

By the way, it’s got sod all to do with safety. It’s a cash cow.

Not defending it but if it is up on westway then from what I understand is that the speed restriction is to reduce the damage to an already ailing section of elevated road.

If that is the case though the speed restrictions should apply to anything bigger than a transit type of van as it's those larger vehicles that cause the rumbling/vibration etc. My 500cc motorbike doing 40mph does sod-all damage to the infrastructure.

[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 12:54]
A40 speed cameras on 12:37 - Nov 4 with 3364 viewsHayesender

A40 speed cameras on 11:24 - Nov 4 by Metallica_Hoop

These speed limits are ridiculous especially the 20 ones.
Near a School fair enough but it's getting stupid now, 30 on the A40 by Edgware Road? What?

I checked Strava ages ago and down Haymarket I hit 38 on a shit bike and I wasn't even pedalling. (ave speed 10 but thats because I stop at red lights.)

I was doing 30 on the Uxbridge Road a few weeks back on my motorbike, and some deliveroo rider on one of these souped up electric bicycles went flying past me

Poll: Shamima Beghum

A40 speed cameras on 05:51 - Nov 5 with 3055 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A40 speed cameras on 11:41 - Nov 4 by Paddyhoops

It’s a thirty zone and has been for a while. Apparently it’s that because of structural faults with the pillars holding it up. I use it most days . It’s a pain but is best to stick to it . Sorry to hear you’ve been done.

And if you believe that, then you believe anything. If there were structural faults, then the road would have to be closed for repair. You simply can't just allow folk to drive on a fly-over with structurally weak pillars. That would be a massive health and safety risk to the public and a legal minefield.

Same as the stretch of A40 between Perivale and Northolt. They 'temporarily' reduced that to 40mph on the basis of phantom engineering works. I've been driving on that road for years and I haven't seen a jot of work take place.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 6:18]
Login to get fewer ads

A40 speed cameras on 05:53 - Nov 5 with 3054 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A40 speed cameras on 11:41 - Nov 4 by Juzzie

Not defending it but if it is up on westway then from what I understand is that the speed restriction is to reduce the damage to an already ailing section of elevated road.

If that is the case though the speed restrictions should apply to anything bigger than a transit type of van as it's those larger vehicles that cause the rumbling/vibration etc. My 500cc motorbike doing 40mph does sod-all damage to the infrastructure.

[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 12:54]

An interesting idea but one that would never take off because it just isn't profitable.

I attended an Ealing Council consultation into the introduction of 20mph zones and LTNs in the borough. They ran a pilot before deciding whether to make the change permanent. Despite their own evidence clearly showing that it had resulted in an increase in pollution and congestion, they decided to proceed anyway because of the revenue that it will generate. Brazen cash cow.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 6:05]
A40 speed cameras on 05:55 - Nov 5 with 3053 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A40 speed cameras on 11:03 - Nov 4 by Northernr

Sorry to hear that mate.
Got rid of my car when I moved to London and having driven to Bristol and Sheffield in the last rail strike I remembered why. Four lanes of empty motorway in the middle of the night - gantry of matrix displays flashing 60 all with a camera on the back.

Now that really boils my piss. I've experienced 40mph on the M25 in the middle of the night with barely a soul on the road. Clear and obvious cash cow targeting honest motorists on a database.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 6:17]
A40 speed cameras on 06:27 - Nov 5 with 3030 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Thanks for the heads up. One particularly needs to concentrate at quiet times as 30mph on that stretch can feel like you're crawling. My cousin received 3 penalty points and a fine for driving at 32mph at 6am on a Sunday morning.
A40 speed cameras on 08:31 - Nov 5 with 2936 viewsstevec

Was on the west way flyover going up to Swiss Cottage yesterday, saw the cameras, everyone doing 30 all the way over it. Remember when it was built my dad bombing over it at 70 up to the Marylebone Road, as did everyone else.

Took two and a half hours to drive back from Swiss Cottage to Epsom as west London is basically closed for business with Hammersmith Bridge shut. You just crawl your way along the north of the river until some kind of respite is reached circa the A3 and a return to sanity with actual 30mph roads beyond the reach of the tentacles of Genghis Khan and his London Boroughs.

My dad would be shocked what we’ve become, a risk averse, do what we’re told society, I honestly think climate change is saying, look you lot, you’ve had your day, now just fck off and make room for some new improved pro active encumbents who can cope with a bit of warm weather.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024