Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Share Issue 16:24 - Nov 11 with 16092 viewsHullDale

Share Issue on 03:26 - Nov 19 with 2778 viewsnordenblue

Share Issue on 20:24 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

Seems like you're the one trying to regurgitate something, but you're good at bringing things up that'd normally be happier resting in your bowels

How does it go, about the narcissism, again?

Easy tiger, wouldn't want you feeling "abused" again.

Most the stuff you bring up would be right at home resting in my large bowel tbh.
Share Issue on 08:22 - Nov 19 with 2643 viewsD_Alien

Share Issue on 03:26 - Nov 19 by nordenblue

Easy tiger, wouldn't want you feeling "abused" again.

Most the stuff you bring up would be right at home resting in my large bowel tbh.

You're the one losing sleep over it, sonny

Try some Horlicks tonight, there's a good lad

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Share Issue on 08:46 - Nov 19 with 2607 viewsnordenblue

Share Issue on 08:22 - Nov 19 by D_Alien

You're the one losing sleep over it, sonny

Try some Horlicks tonight, there's a good lad

"Losing sleep" really...you know how much sleep I get now too, pretty impressive.

I'll leave the malted drinks just yet for th'owd generation, cheers though 👍
Share Issue on 10:25 - Nov 19 with 2528 viewsDalliance

Lurker alert!

The £50/£60-ish suggestion seems a decent one to me because it's far easier to equate the amount to something real. A night out with the cost of beer at the moment, a taxi and a takeaway is going to be about that so something like "Staying in to support the Dale?". Something like that just to make it more relevant to everyday folks? Local businesses might not thank me for that though:/

£200 just sounds like spending a big chunk of utility bills for the month.

Anyway not sure I'd be much cop as a marketeer and/or psychologist and maybe like other posters are saying there's probably a reason for the threshold but that was my big thought for the day.
Share Issue on 10:54 - Nov 19 with 2490 viewsfourfourtwo

Share Issue on 10:25 - Nov 18 by windowsbug2002

They could stop pissing people off for a start.
Every time I go to the ground with my wife I get searched, the wife doesn't and never has been. Kids don't get searched. So untill this is sorted ill never go again.
Discriminated for being an adult male.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2022 16:14]

I just really struggle to not comment when I see posts like this.

What on earth is the issue with being searched at a game? It’s for everybody’s safety. Could it be done better? Absolutely. Do the stewards require more training to promote consistency? Definitely.

Unfortunately, the majority of crowd & hooligan issues tends to occur within the adult (adolescent) male population.

I don’t often recall seeing many middle aged women or single mums in the ICF back in the day.

To say you’re never attending a game again over this issue is just OTT for me & really should be put into perspective.
Share Issue on 11:20 - Nov 19 with 2462 views442Dale

Share Issue on 10:25 - Nov 19 by Dalliance

Lurker alert!

The £50/£60-ish suggestion seems a decent one to me because it's far easier to equate the amount to something real. A night out with the cost of beer at the moment, a taxi and a takeaway is going to be about that so something like "Staying in to support the Dale?". Something like that just to make it more relevant to everyday folks? Local businesses might not thank me for that though:/

£200 just sounds like spending a big chunk of utility bills for the month.

Anyway not sure I'd be much cop as a marketeer and/or psychologist and maybe like other posters are saying there's probably a reason for the threshold but that was my big thought for the day.

It’s a good thought and one that should have been given more consideration.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Share Issue on 12:52 - Nov 21 with 2065 viewswindowsbug2002

Share Issue on 10:54 - Nov 19 by fourfourtwo

What on earth is the issue with being searched at a game? It’s for everybody’s safety. Could it be done better? Absolutely. Do the stewards require more training to promote consistency? Definitely.

Unfortunately, the majority of crowd & hooligan issues tends to occur within the adult (adolescent) male population.

I don’t often recall seeing many middle aged women or single mums in the ICF back in the day.

To say you’re never attending a game again over this issue is just OTT for me & really should be put into perspective.

If you're happy to be searched that's you're choice.
I'm not, and again its my choice to not spend and more money at this club.
By the way I'm not a jonny come lately fan, I've had a season ticket for over 30 years, Im 57 by the way. My wife and I used to go to every game home and away untill recently.
I even spoke to the owner of Taurus last season as I caused a stir at the turnstiles one game. When I eventually got in to the ground he came to me and accused me of racially abusing his staff. There were witnesses to disprove his accusations.
Enough is enough.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 12:57]
Share Issue on 13:53 - Nov 21 with 1990 views442Dale

Share Issue on 12:52 - Nov 21 by windowsbug2002

By the way I'm not a jonny come lately fan, I've had a season ticket for over 30 years, Im 57 by the way. My wife and I used to go to every game home and away untill recently.
I even spoke to the owner of Taurus last season as I caused a stir at the turnstiles one game. When I eventually got in to the ground he came to me and accused me of racially abusing his staff. There were witnesses to disprove his accusations.
Enough is enough.

Have you raised the issue with the club via the Trust?

Login to get fewer ads

Share Issue on 16:31 - Nov 21 with 1849 viewsJames1980

Is being searched before games really a topic up for discussion?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Share Issue on 16:38 - Nov 21 with 1838 viewsNorthernDale

Was it not Taurus who created issues with the Oldham fans last season, including claims of assault against an Oldham fan, due the poor stewarding standards.

I often wondered about the level of training and experience of the Taurus stewards.
Share Issue on 17:22 - Nov 21 with 1784 viewsDaleiLama

Share Issue on 16:38 - Nov 21 by NorthernDale

Was it not Taurus who created issues with the Oldham fans last season, including claims of assault against an Oldham fan, due the poor stewarding standards.

I often wondered about the level of training and experience of the Taurus stewards.

Surely not? I thought Taurus had an Oldham fan as a guest on their table at the recent awards dinner?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Share Issue on 17:36 - Nov 21 with 1758 viewsisitme

Share Issue on 10:54 - Nov 19 by fourfourtwo

There are a number of issues which come down to consistency, attitude and training. If it was every person, at every game then that would be fine but it is not. On some random Tuesday night game some over zealous steward will randomly pick on someone to search in a way that they are treated like a criminal. Often this will be a middle aged/older guy who looks nothing like someone who would be likely to cause trouble, but some sort of easy frisk.

When I go to test matches you open your bag before you get to the gate they have a quick look, you are treated like a human and you go in. No problem. I would have no issue if the way in which it was done was better and consistent.
Share Issue on 19:57 - Nov 21 with 1649 viewswindowsbug2002

Share Issue on 13:53 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

Have you raised the issue with the club via the Trust?

I'm not a member of the Trust and don't want to be.
There's no point communicating to anyone over this, all you get is the usual "ground regulations' garb.
I'm still awaiting a reply over a complaint I made several years ago, so I know I won't get anywhere with it.
Apologies for hogging this thread. I wont make anymore replies to it.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 19:58]
Share Issue on 20:02 - Nov 21 with 1643 viewsTVOS1907

Share Issue on 17:36 - Nov 21 by isitme

There are a number of issues which come down to consistency, attitude and training. If it was every person, at every game then that would be fine but it is not. On some random Tuesday night game some over zealous steward will randomly pick on someone to search in a way that they are treated like a criminal. Often this will be a middle aged/older guy who looks nothing like someone who would be likely to cause trouble, but some sort of easy frisk.

When I go to test matches you open your bag before you get to the gate they have a quick look, you are treated like a human and you go in. No problem. I would have no issue if the way in which it was done was better and consistent.

The best one I saw was at the Papa Johns Trophy game v Liverpool, where a Dale fan, clearly aged 70-80, was being frisked at the Main Stand turnstiles, including both arms, which he had to outstretch, and both legs. All that was missing was him being asked to remove his flat cap.

I implore anyone to convince me that's acceptable.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Share Issue on 20:07 - Nov 21 with 1633 viewsTVOS1907

Share Issue on 16:31 - Nov 21 by James1980

If it's something that spoiling the matchday experience or annoying fans, James, then yes, it is.

Share Issue on 20:13 - Nov 21 with 1623 viewsJames1980

Share Issue on 20:07 - Nov 21 by TVOS1907

If it's something that spoiling the matchday experience or annoying fans, James, then yes, it is.

OK how searches are carried out and the attitude of security staff is something to be discussed. But isn't potentially being searched part and parcel of going to a game these days?

Share Issue on 20:15 - Nov 21 with 1615 views442Dale

Share Issue on 19:57 - Nov 21 by windowsbug2002

I'm not a member of the Trust and don't want to be.
There's no point communicating to anyone over this, all you get is the usual "ground regulations' garb.
I'm still awaiting a reply over a complaint I made several years ago, so I know I won't get anywhere with it.
Apologies for hogging this thread. I wont make anymore replies to it.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 19:58]

With the Trust now having a representative on the club board, there is a defined route to address concerns which are then followed up with detailed responses made public.

This alone makes it well worth joining the Trust as it ensures the concerns of supporters are looked into to benefit the fan base as a whole.

If you want to send me a PM, happy to take it forward with the Trust.

Share Issue on 20:16 - Nov 21 with 1615 viewsTVOS1907

Share Issue on 20:13 - Nov 21 by James1980

OK how searches are carried out and the attitude of security staff is something to be discussed. But isn't potentially being searched part and parcel of going to a game these days?

It has been for a long time, James, but not generally at Spotland.

Unfortunately, certain incidents at the ground in recent times have apparently made this mandatory now, rather than discretionary.

See my other post for an example.

Share Issue on 20:20 - Nov 21 with 1592 viewsnordenblue

Share Issue on 16:31 - Nov 21 by James1980

I'd probably say it is if it's putting people off attending matches?
Share Issue on 21:30 - Nov 21 with 1484 viewsJames1980

Share Issue on 20:20 - Nov 21 by nordenblue

I'd probably say it is if it's putting people off attending matches?

If the attitude of security staff is putting people off then that definitely needs to be addressed.

Share Issue on 21:35 - Nov 21 with 1474 viewskel

I’ve been frisked briefly just once this season and my two lads who with me weren’t. Didn’t bother me in the slightest and took less than five seconds. If it stops bellends bringing pyros into the stadium then I’m all for it.
Share Issue on 21:59 - Nov 21 with 1442 viewsJames1980

Changing the subject perhaps something similar to boost attendance one match day maybe the next midweek game
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 22:08]

Share Issue on 23:00 - Nov 21 with 1381 viewsR17ALE

Share Issue on 12:52 - Nov 21 by windowsbug2002

Enough is enough.

When they ask to search me, I just tell them to fook off and walk right past them.

Works every time.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Share Issue on 23:04 - Nov 21 with 1373 viewsTVOS1907

Share Issue on 23:00 - Nov 21 by R17ALE

When they ask to search me, I just tell them to fook off and walk right past them.

Works every time.

Except at Peterborough!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024