Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds 13:43 - Nov 22 with 2853 viewsslmrstid

I'm not watching much of the World Cup and all the conspiracy nutjob stuff is doing my head in, so to try and contribute my own music thread, please share with me...

Music that when you hear it takes you back to a football ground you've been to.

BUT...not the obvious stereotypical stuff. So not Pigbag for QPR for instance because that's obvious for all of us. But songs you've heard at grounds, or around grounds, that in ordinary times no normal person ever would associate with football, but for you takes you straight back to a particular time and place.

I have many, but I will start with just one post and come back to it later when seeing if anyone is as bad as I am for this, and to give you an idea of the theme I'm thinking - Firework by Katy Perry. Heard whilst sat freezing in the back of the away end at Burnley in the title winning 2010/11 season watching the players warm up in the pouring rain.

And the game finished 0-0. Fireworks there most definitely weren't. But nonetheless, I hear this song, I'm straight back in my mind into that freezing January Saturday at Turf Moor.

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds (n/t) on 14:04 - Nov 22 with 2806 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 22 Nov 2022 14:09]
Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 14:48 - Nov 22 with 2755 viewsHAYESBOY

Scumford Bridge.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 14:51 - Nov 22 with 2749 viewslightwaterhoop

Always enjoyed hearing the Z cars theme at Everton.
Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 14:53 - Nov 22 with 2746 viewsBoston

When I am in reminisce mode with Loftus Rd, I often get a mental picture of myself walking actress the terrace with Mott the Hoople's Roll Away the Stone blasting over the tannoy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 17:17 - Nov 22 with 2679 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

See if you can guess which one it is.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 21:35 - Nov 22 with 2560 viewsStanisgod

Not a song, but a person, Sally Ann Field.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 23:49 - Nov 22 with 2489 viewsLoftgirl

My first experience of a football match. Nine years old when my oldest brother took me to see Hendon play. I was so cold he had to take me home before the end, vowing to never take me again. It was playing on the tannoy as we walked thgrough Clitterhouse playing fields.
Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 07:28 - Nov 23 with 2402 viewsdistortR

when I first watched Rangers in the late 70's/early 80's, the team used torun out to a tune. Anyone know what it was?
Login to get fewer ads

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 09:18 - Nov 23 with 2343 viewsDWQPR

Went to the first game Rangers played at the new Cardiff stadium. They announced our team to the backdrop of the theme tune to Steptoe & Son. We soundly beat them 2-0 with a Jay Simpson double.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 10:09 - Nov 23 with 2298 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Oh and Ashton gate with this after they wheeled them out during the Tony Thorpe game. 'Do you know the way to san jose...'

[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 10:23]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 10:09 - Nov 23 with 2296 viewsMrSheen

On my first trip to Highfield Road, I remember them playing The Grid's "Swamp Thing", on my second and last, "Cotton-Eyed Joe". So Coventry will always be the home of banjo-picking hillbillies for me.
Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 10:12 - Nov 23 with 2291 viewsNorthernr

Always makes me laugh that when we played Walsall away 1999/00 this was their runout music...

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 10:31 - Nov 23 with 2250 viewsMoonshineSteve

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 07:28 - Nov 23 by distortR

when I first watched Rangers in the late 70's/early 80's, the team used torun out to a tune. Anyone know what it was?

Try The Pied Piper (The Beeje) from 1963 by Steve Race and his Group. Was that the one?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 10:36 - Nov 23 with 2248 viewsdmm

Not a ground but a period - Chumbawamba's Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down) reminds me of our seasons in the then Division 2 in the early noughties as we played it a lot at LR.
Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 11:23 - Nov 23 with 2226 viewskernowhoop

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 10:31 - Nov 23 by MoonshineSteve

Try The Pied Piper (The Beeje) from 1963 by Steve Race and his Group. Was that the one?

I think it was. This has been discussed before. I used to think that the catchy tune was Rinky Dink but someone put me right (Esox, I think) - Pied Piper.
Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 11:51 - Nov 23 with 2215 viewsslmrstid

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 11:23 - Nov 23 by kernowhoop

I think it was. This has been discussed before. I used to think that the catchy tune was Rinky Dink but someone put me right (Esox, I think) - Pied Piper.

This one I think? It sounds familiar, I'm sure they played it at Loftus Road a few years ago when we were doing a retro day of some sort, possibly when we played Cardiff in the all white kit for the 1967 anniversary.

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 11:54 - Nov 23 with 2214 viewsslmrstid

Another random one to add to the list...

I haven't been there for years, but there was a period where I went to Barnsley more or less every year we played them between about 2004 and 2011. Whoever did the DJ'ing there always had somewhat an eclectic taste and one Tuesday night game saw this being played beforehand...

For the record we lost 2-0, think it was the night Adam Bolder and Danny Cullip made their debuts.

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 12:35 - Nov 23 with 2187 views81A

St Andrews -what's she gonna look like with a chimney on her
Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 13:35 - Nov 23 with 2153 viewsaston_hoop

Once heard over the tannoy at Loftus Road sometime around 2002 before a quite dull home game, always reminds me of that on the rare occasion I hear it for some reason.

Also for non-QPR purposes, basically every game in Spain at every level. I hear it and think I'm at the football now

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 13:36 - Nov 23 with 2150 viewskernowhoop

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 11:51 - Nov 23 by slmrstid

This one I think? It sounds familiar, I'm sure they played it at Loftus Road a few years ago when we were doing a retro day of some sort, possibly when we played Cardiff in the all white kit for the 1967 anniversary.

That's it, thank you. A cheeky, happy little tune.
Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 22:29 - Nov 23 with 2054 viewsDannyPaddox

Songs That Remind You of Football Grounds on 13:36 - Nov 23 by kernowhoop

That's it, thank you. A cheeky, happy little tune.

I used to think it was this music from Midnight Cowboy.

Steve Race is a QPR fan too I believe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024