Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report 00:37 - Jan 16 with 4142 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59362/royals-fall-
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 06:57 - Jan 16 with 3792 viewsnix

Hell, we don't deserve you.

Don't know how you do it, but like the best stand ups, you turn what's in my heart and head into a riotous, hilarious representation of life, and more particularly my beloved QPR.

God, that half time was tough. Had to go for a walk, had to push past our own multiple pimply youths, clutching the hot chips from the surprisingly decent looking kiosk outside, to get a bit of fresh air and walk off my own angst at half time. Most of the time I try to be a grown up, honest guv. I even got my tax return in this week, two weeks early. Polish that shiny badge. But that first half was tough to watch. Maybe it looked better on TV. Maybe it was too hard to watch Jeff Hendrick and Junior Hoilett parading just in front of us actually playing football, actually running and trying to get the ball into our goal, that was too tough to take. But from our end it really looked grim. Watching us passing to each other from two feet away outside their box with never more than one burgundy shirt in it, and giving Andy Carroll, ANDY CARROLL, yards of space to run unto a ball launched over the top to make another promising attack just broke me a bit.

But it was worth that forty five minutes to see us run round with purpose, take people on, show some drive and belief in the second. Desperately sad about Willock, not sure what's wrong but it's hard to watch him at the moment. I hope he turns it round for his sake, not for ours. I said to my brother in law at half-time that we needed to take him off, and it was right with hindsight. Anyway, a second draw away at Reading that felt like a win, and a happy journey home because I drove this time, so I even avoided that frigging bus.

Incidentally my time it turned around was when Chair went to take a corner and he actually looked like we might even score, the crowd responded and we were off again. Good subs from Critchley and let's hope Lowe continues to be just the support to our beleaguered attack we need.
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 08:16 - Jan 16 with 3581 viewsWokingR

Well, none of us have done anything Clive so it must be you.
Which leads to the bigger question of just exactly did you do to that poor girl?
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 09:39 - Jan 16 with 3294 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lovely writing, as ever. Thanks Clive.
I was happier than most with Saturday, it seems. But I have been seeing little white pills in my food again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 09:55 - Jan 16 with 3236 viewsdaveB

I thought we were far too passive first half, got in some good areas but went for 3 extra passes rather than drive forward. Laird had one first half, got the ball on the halfway line space head to drive into and he stopped checked back inside then another touch then a pass to Roberts who now had 2 men on him and Reading were back in shape. Willock and Chair guilty of that as well. We also had no one in the box again supporting Dykes, we just kind of let things happen to us.

Hendrick was dreadful for us but you can't give any professional footballer that much time and space on the edge of your own box, that first goal was dreadful from us. The second as well Dieng can do better but what is Field doing not sensing the danger just stood hand in the air watching Hendrick head it in, at least challenge him. That mentality of putting bodies on the line to stop goals we saw when we were good last season, Dickie at Hull for example, that you are not scoring past us mentality is long gone.

I didn't think we were much better second half really until Lowe came on then by some miracle we seemed to work out if you put more than one player in the opposition penalty area you might score a goal. Compare to the first half and the last 12 months the number of times we had 3/4 sometimes 5 players in the area so when lumley makes a great save we have someone on hand to score the rebound. I hope that continues as we looked so much better doing that and having extra men in there meant Chair didn't want to hold onto the ball he had options to put the ball in.

Hopefully that is the start of a turnaround but I still don't trust this team, they are so fragile at times
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 10:00]
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 10:23 - Jan 16 with 3091 viewsMrSheen

While a Catholic can be spared eternal torment and damnation by repentance and good works, a Protestant can be redeemed by faith alone. So what are you? DO YOU BELIEVE, CLIVE? DO YOU?
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 10:33 - Jan 16 with 3059 viewsNorthernr

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 10:23 - Jan 16 by MrSheen

While a Catholic can be spared eternal torment and damnation by repentance and good works, a Protestant can be redeemed by faith alone. So what are you? DO YOU BELIEVE, CLIVE? DO YOU?

Whatever works.
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 10:36 - Jan 16 with 3040 viewsMrSheen

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 10:33 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Whatever works.

Catholic then. One of us!
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 10:39 - Jan 16 with 3023 viewsrobith

oh my days, absolute dying at the hot dog costume reference
Login to get fewer ads

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 10:45 - Jan 16 with 2993 viewsTheChef

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 09:55 - Jan 16 by daveB

I thought we were far too passive first half, got in some good areas but went for 3 extra passes rather than drive forward. Laird had one first half, got the ball on the halfway line space head to drive into and he stopped checked back inside then another touch then a pass to Roberts who now had 2 men on him and Reading were back in shape. Willock and Chair guilty of that as well. We also had no one in the box again supporting Dykes, we just kind of let things happen to us.

Hendrick was dreadful for us but you can't give any professional footballer that much time and space on the edge of your own box, that first goal was dreadful from us. The second as well Dieng can do better but what is Field doing not sensing the danger just stood hand in the air watching Hendrick head it in, at least challenge him. That mentality of putting bodies on the line to stop goals we saw when we were good last season, Dickie at Hull for example, that you are not scoring past us mentality is long gone.

I didn't think we were much better second half really until Lowe came on then by some miracle we seemed to work out if you put more than one player in the opposition penalty area you might score a goal. Compare to the first half and the last 12 months the number of times we had 3/4 sometimes 5 players in the area so when lumley makes a great save we have someone on hand to score the rebound. I hope that continues as we looked so much better doing that and having extra men in there meant Chair didn't want to hold onto the ball he had options to put the ball in.

Hopefully that is the start of a turnaround but I still don't trust this team, they are so fragile at times
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 10:00]

Ha yes I was thinking ooh maybe things are on the up, might take the boys this Saturday. But then we'll probably lie down quietly and take another home defeat.

Totally unpredictable this team.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 10:49 - Jan 16 with 2994 viewsPaddyhoops

We looked a good side second half . Mind you we did for most of the game against Sheffield.
A word for Dykes . He’s luck will change one of these days. He’s not had much of late.
As for those Reading fans . Why go to a football match and your first thought rather than celebrating your teams goal is to try and bait the opposition fans.
F** king pathetic.
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 11:00 - Jan 16 with 2952 viewsngbqpr

I guess when you're 14-15, Reading is a pretty $hit place to live?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 11:04 - Jan 16 with 2919 viewsSuperhoop83

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 10:39 - Jan 16 by robith

oh my days, absolute dying at the hot dog costume reference

Clive needs to weave in a reference to this one by the end of the season...

Suffering since 1978.

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 12:17 - Jan 16 with 2680 viewsozranger

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 10:49 - Jan 16 by Paddyhoops

We looked a good side second half . Mind you we did for most of the game against Sheffield.
A word for Dykes . He’s luck will change one of these days. He’s not had much of late.
As for those Reading fans . Why go to a football match and your first thought rather than celebrating your teams goal is to try and bait the opposition fans.
F** king pathetic.

I agree here re Dykes. He had two great chances, one in each half. A blind back heal, by making that run to the near post, that just went wide and the volley that Lumley unbelievably saved. However, it is interesting that no one has mentioned his part in the opening goal. As soon as Lowe gets the ball in a good position, Dykes pulls away towards the far post dragging two defenders with him and allowing Roberts to ghost into the box un-marked. As Roberts says in the interview, the rest was instinctive. It was mentioned by someone on here at the game, that when Lowe came on he created more up front and people were getting closer to Dykes. I think this will give Dykes more confidence and just one goal could be enough to see him really push forward.
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 13:14 - Jan 16 with 2489 viewsDixie_CT

‘Father, the MadJetSki has the largest confession section in the whole of Berkshire...so I understand. I read that somewhere’
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 13:14 - Jan 16 with 2485 viewsRangersw12

Talking of the creche next to the away end there is video doing the rounds on twitter of one of the more gobby ones having to apologise to a few Rangers lads for "giving it large" 😂

BTW you can all thank me for the draw as we left at HT to go back to the pub
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 13:31 - Jan 16 with 2414 viewsTheChef

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 12:17 - Jan 16 by ozranger

I agree here re Dykes. He had two great chances, one in each half. A blind back heal, by making that run to the near post, that just went wide and the volley that Lumley unbelievably saved. However, it is interesting that no one has mentioned his part in the opening goal. As soon as Lowe gets the ball in a good position, Dykes pulls away towards the far post dragging two defenders with him and allowing Roberts to ghost into the box un-marked. As Roberts says in the interview, the rest was instinctive. It was mentioned by someone on here at the game, that when Lowe came on he created more up front and people were getting closer to Dykes. I think this will give Dykes more confidence and just one goal could be enough to see him really push forward.

Bodies in the box/bodies around Dykes. Will inevitably improve the number of scoring chances.

As Clive put in his report, try running more towards that white thing with the net hanging off it, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 15:18 - Jan 16 with 2095 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Amazing work Clive and QPR also
Going off memory I think we have never lost to big Joe Lumley since he moved on instead breaking his heart a few times .
Ince is a w*nker for sure
Shane Long should be back in Tipperary milking cows
Jeff Hendrick still plays for ROI as we say in my old county "God help us "
What is casual c*nting btw I might use that from now on
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 15:21 - Jan 16 with 2096 viewsTomS

Am I the only person who looked at the Reading team sheet and thought of Dad's Army?
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 20:33 - Jan 16 with 1582 viewsMickB

What's wrong with opening a bike shop?
Royals fall victim to Roberts' redemption story - Report on 22:26 - Jan 16 with 1374 viewseastside_r

Notwithstanding anything else in this report, but NC as Dave from the Royle Family, of course he is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024