Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? 13:40 - Jan 25 with 38049 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/59431/ethan-brierley-sheffi

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:04 - Jan 31 with 5135 viewsJames1980

In an ideal world another championship club will decide to sign him for a decent fee and loan him back to us for the rest of the season.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:35 - Jan 31 with 4795 viewsHullDale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:43 - Jan 31 with 4737 viewsJames1980

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:35 - Jan 31 by HullDale

Hopefully if true it includes decent add ons

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:55 - Jan 31 with 4679 viewsBrierls

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:04 - Jan 31 by James1980

In an ideal world another championship club will decide to sign him for a decent fee and loan him back to us for the rest of the season.

I’m not sure on the loan back to us. He wasn’t starting every week and we already have five loan players. As much money as possible, as soon as possible, so we can spend some of it on players that Bentley wants.

Blackburn have got £££, they’ve just agreed to sign O’Brien in a deal up to £10M.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:01 - Jan 31 with 4624 viewsjudd

EOC to Wrexham??

The mind fookin' boggles

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 20:33 - Jan 31 with 4304 viewsHullDale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:01 - Jan 31 by judd

EOC to Wrexham??

The mind fookin' boggles

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 10:09 - Feb 1 with 3751 viewsAtThePeake

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:50 - Jan 31 by BillyRudd

Totally agree with your point At thePeake about the "ability between the divisions". I would have thought that concept went without being stated, thats how we work out who gets promoted and relegated.. However I have no idea why you chose my post to make your self evident point, as I never stated to the contrary. Bizarre.

I'm just pointing out that when we use teams like Ramsbottom as a yardstick for the entirety of non-league, we're missing out three full divisions in between. I'm sure plenty of people on here don't pay much attention to non-league with us never having been in there before, so when you mention a non-league club when using them as a barometer of the standard, they may think that's what we're heading for next season if we are to go down.

I think people generally have been a bit disrespectful to the standard in the National League in the last few months on this forum to be honest when they talk about how awful they're expecting the football to be if we are to be relegated and how they're not willing to pay to watch non-league football. The gap in quality between this division and the one below is far smaller than the gap between this division and the one above as far as I can tell from the games I watch (and I do watch a lot of non-league - at all levels!)

Tangled up in blue.

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 10:51 - Feb 1 with 3576 viewsBillyRudd

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 10:09 - Feb 1 by AtThePeake

I'm just pointing out that when we use teams like Ramsbottom as a yardstick for the entirety of non-league, we're missing out three full divisions in between. I'm sure plenty of people on here don't pay much attention to non-league with us never having been in there before, so when you mention a non-league club when using them as a barometer of the standard, they may think that's what we're heading for next season if we are to go down.

I think people generally have been a bit disrespectful to the standard in the National League in the last few months on this forum to be honest when they talk about how awful they're expecting the football to be if we are to be relegated and how they're not willing to pay to watch non-league football. The gap in quality between this division and the one below is far smaller than the gap between this division and the one above as far as I can tell from the games I watch (and I do watch a lot of non-league - at all levels!)

I generally value your contributions on here ATP not the least because you take a balanced view on most matters. Unlike some on here that would have an argument in an empty house. Am also more than happy to be pulled up by you on views I have actually expressed that you disagree with. Something you have done on several occaisons and always with reasoned argument
Unfortunately in this instance, you are following a muck cart thinking its a wedding. I used Ramsbottom only in the context of indicating to a previous contributor that I have witnessed non league football. Yes the football WAS dire but I neither implied it was the standard throughout or that it was the standard we might be encountering next season.
I totally agree with your views in this post other than your inference that I actually disagree with them.
I think its the fact that you are one of the few posters on here who,s views I respect , that has, for such a trivial issue, irritated me so much.
Up the Dale
Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 11:53 - Feb 1 with 3324 viewsKingstdale

There's a picture of Ethan holding a Blackburn shirt on a FB group. Nothing online anywhere yet though.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 12:12 - Feb 1 with 3190 viewskel

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 11:53 - Feb 1 by Kingstdale

There's a picture of Ethan holding a Blackburn shirt on a FB group. Nothing online anywhere yet though.

It will more than likely be announced at the same time as the volunteer army plans… One step forward, two steps back. Again.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 12:35 - Feb 1 with 3029 viewsKingstdale

According to LancsLive,,,Blackburn are "waiting on confirmation from the EFL" for the deal to be approved.
https://www-lancs-live.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/tran
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 12:39]
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 12:43 - Feb 1 with 2956 viewsDalenet

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 12:35 - Feb 1 by Kingstdale

According to LancsLive,,,Blackburn are "waiting on confirmation from the EFL" for the deal to be approved.
https://www-lancs-live.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/tran

If he has gone to Blackburn then I hope we can now de-couple any link with us needing to play Eastwood regardless of his form or capability to keep Sheffield Utd happy. RO'D needs to start asap
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 12:48 - Feb 1 with 2896 viewsTVOS1907

... as well as Littleborough native Lewis O'Brien.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 13:07 - Feb 1 with 2768 viewsHullDale

Rumours flying around that the deadline was missed last night & the deal has collapsed.

I hope for Brierley's sake it hasn't, especially if he has already had his photo shoot. I hope for our sake it hasn't, too, if we budgeted our incomings based on the fee paid for him.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 13:11 - Feb 1 with 2717 viewsAtThePeake

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 10:51 - Feb 1 by BillyRudd

I generally value your contributions on here ATP not the least because you take a balanced view on most matters. Unlike some on here that would have an argument in an empty house. Am also more than happy to be pulled up by you on views I have actually expressed that you disagree with. Something you have done on several occaisons and always with reasoned argument
Unfortunately in this instance, you are following a muck cart thinking its a wedding. I used Ramsbottom only in the context of indicating to a previous contributor that I have witnessed non league football. Yes the football WAS dire but I neither implied it was the standard throughout or that it was the standard we might be encountering next season.
I totally agree with your views in this post other than your inference that I actually disagree with them.
I think its the fact that you are one of the few posters on here who,s views I respect , that has, for such a trivial issue, irritated me so much.
Up the Dale

Apologies BR. I wasn't intending to specifically pick up on your point, it was just that in the context of you replying to FFT who said he didn't want non-league football for Rochdale and you replying mentioning Ramsbottom, it could have been construed as you suggesting that's the kind of non-league football we were heading for. If that wasn't the case then I misunderstood, but there have been several instances of people on here belittling the entirety of 'non-league' football as if we're going to be playing the likes of Bacup Borough, Prestwich Heyes and Bury next season when that's not the case.

For what it's worth, fully agree with your other points regarding independence from other clubs, particularly after seeing how Hyde United were treated by Manchester City during their partnership a few years back, with their identity stripped and then leaving them in the mire once they had no further use for them:

https://www.thescore.com/eng_fed/news/1706981/the-little-club-that-sold-its-soul

Tangled up in blue.

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 13:26 - Feb 1 with 2614 viewskel

I jumped the gun a bit by having a bit of a pop at the club because obviously there’s nothing to confirm yet. Still, somebody at the club is leaking all this as people’s phones were red hot last night with our signings before they were announced.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 13:50 - Feb 1 with 2447 viewsjudd

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 13:11 - Feb 1 by AtThePeake

Apologies BR. I wasn't intending to specifically pick up on your point, it was just that in the context of you replying to FFT who said he didn't want non-league football for Rochdale and you replying mentioning Ramsbottom, it could have been construed as you suggesting that's the kind of non-league football we were heading for. If that wasn't the case then I misunderstood, but there have been several instances of people on here belittling the entirety of 'non-league' football as if we're going to be playing the likes of Bacup Borough, Prestwich Heyes and Bury next season when that's not the case.

For what it's worth, fully agree with your other points regarding independence from other clubs, particularly after seeing how Hyde United were treated by Manchester City during their partnership a few years back, with their identity stripped and then leaving them in the mire once they had no further use for them:

https://www.thescore.com/eng_fed/news/1706981/the-little-club-that-sold-its-soul

You spelt bury wrong, ffs, but just as well you mentioned 'em as Billy has wiped the floor with you.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:30 - Feb 1 with 2236 viewsjonahwhereru

This just has shades of the Baah fiasco. When the fans were kept in the dark for way to long.

Plus when Baah returned to the club, ha was never remotely near his best. The difference here is that Brierley has a long association with the club.

Surely we should know by Friday if the EFL have sanctioned the deal with Blackburn. Given the late embargo placed on Utd they may be flexible about timings. Seemed to remember we did a deal previously that didn’t get sanctioned until several days after the window closed.

In any event it stuffed us in terms of the financing of deals on deadline day. No party comes out with any credit for the way the lad has been handled this last month.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:38 - Feb 1 with 2187 viewsBrierls

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 14:30 - Feb 1 by jonahwhereru

This just has shades of the Baah fiasco. When the fans were kept in the dark for way to long.

Plus when Baah returned to the club, ha was never remotely near his best. The difference here is that Brierley has a long association with the club.

Surely we should know by Friday if the EFL have sanctioned the deal with Blackburn. Given the late embargo placed on Utd they may be flexible about timings. Seemed to remember we did a deal previously that didn’t get sanctioned until several days after the window closed.

In any event it stuffed us in terms of the financing of deals on deadline day. No party comes out with any credit for the way the lad has been handled this last month.

Ethan has been handled impeccably from his career perspective. He was allowed to go on trial to Sheffield United, taking him out of a relegation battle and out of harms way, and then a deal agreed with another Championship club in Blackburn when it wasn't possible to join Sheffield United. If that's not looking after his career aspirations, I don't know what is!

Blackburn are in a bit of a situation, waiting on EFL ratification. Brierley is the least of their concerns, they're also waiting on a £10M deal for O'Brien from Forest to be ratified.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 15:41 - Feb 1 with 1901 viewsBrierls

This is a decent link for the latest on Blackburn's deadline day - https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23287491.blackburn-rovers-transfer-d
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 15:45 - Feb 1 with 1861 viewsnordenblue

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 15:41 - Feb 1 by Brierls

This is a decent link for the latest on Blackburn's deadline day - https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23287491.blackburn-rovers-transfer-d

There's a photo going around of Ethan holding up a Blackburn shirt for the press, seems the deal did go through
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:11 - Feb 1 with 1749 viewsleedsdale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 15:45 - Feb 1 by nordenblue

There's a photo going around of Ethan holding up a Blackburn shirt for the press, seems the deal did go through

All it proves is that a photo was taken. I’m sure deadline day deals are generally pretty hectic affairs so they won’t necessarily wait until a deal is done before taking a photo.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:27 - Feb 1 with 1650 viewsD_Alien

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:11 - Feb 1 by leedsdale

All it proves is that a photo was taken. I’m sure deadline day deals are generally pretty hectic affairs so they won’t necessarily wait until a deal is done before taking a photo.

The photo was referred to in this thread, this morning, and before any paperwork had been ratified, but what it does tell us is that Blackburn seemed confident the deal would go through

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:36 - Feb 1 with 1546 viewsleedsdale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:27 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

The photo was referred to in this thread, this morning, and before any paperwork had been ratified, but what it does tell us is that Blackburn seemed confident the deal would go through

Agreed. I was just contesting nordenblue’s statement that the deal had gone through on the basis of the photo having been taken.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:51 - Feb 1 with 1438 viewselectricblue

Even wiki as Ethan Brierley down as a Blackburn player and even give him the first team squad number 14..
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 17:30]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024