Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? 13:40 - Jan 25 with 38047 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/59431/ethan-brierley-sheffi

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:45 - Feb 2 with 3219 viewselectricblue

This season so far is not going Dales way at all it seems like everything is going against them.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:48 - Feb 2 with 3194 views49thseason

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:07 - Feb 2 by fitzochris

If correct, I feel really sorry for Ethan as none of this is his fault.

The experience must be good for his confidence though. He now knows that 2 Championship clubs were/ are interested in buying him, and RAFC know what he is valued at. If he has to stay here until the end of the season, he may add to his valuationand get more clubs chasing him , or he may go on an extended trial at Blackburn with a transfer agreed for day 1 of the next window...
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:57 - Feb 2 with 3102 viewsjudd

Blackburn fans on Twitter are adamant it is their fook up.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:02 - Feb 2 with 3059 viewsfitzochris

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:57 - Feb 2 by judd

It absolutely looks like it is - and they have appealed to the EFL on the grounds of mitigating circumstances.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:07 - Feb 2 with 3013 viewsrkershaw

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:02 - Feb 2 by fitzochris

It absolutely looks like it is - and they have appealed to the EFL on the grounds of mitigating circumstances.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/lewis-obrien-move-blocked-ma
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:13 - Feb 2 with 2961 viewsThreeLions

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:57 - Feb 2 by judd

Something about the clock in the Blackburn office being ten minutes slow
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:22 - Feb 2 with 2886 viewsDaleiLama

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:13 - Feb 2 by ThreeLions

Something about the clock in the Blackburn office being ten minutes slow

30 years and 10 minutes slow?

"The club (BRFC) will now appeal the EFL decision to reject both applications and will submit documents ahead of the Tuesday February 7th deadline."

Probably rules him out for Saturday. Don't know what his status training with the squad is, but probably no bad thing, as his head will no doubt be scrambled by all this. Massive blow for a young lad to see his dreams put on hold. I remember (just about) being his age ............ the new season will seem like 6 lifetimes away.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:35 - Feb 2 with 2816 viewskel

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:22 - Feb 2 by DaleiLama

"The club (BRFC) will now appeal the EFL decision to reject both applications and will submit documents ahead of the Tuesday February 7th deadline."

Probably rules him out for Saturday. Don't know what his status training with the squad is, but probably no bad thing, as his head will no doubt be scrambled by all this. Massive blow for a young lad to see his dreams put on hold. I remember (just about) being his age ............ the new season will seem like 6 lifetimes away.

If we deregistered him as Forest did with O’Brien it won’t just be Saturday he misses out on.
Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:37 - Feb 2 with 2806 viewsjonahwhereru

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:22 - Feb 2 by DaleiLama

Mentally the lad has already left the Dale. I just don’t see how he will readily transition back to being a Dale player, if that is the outcome of this debacle.
He is a fan of the club but that doesn’t necessarily make him immune from spending time regretting he is not somewhere else, rather than concentrating his endeavours on the Dale.

I got 5 months notice of impending redundancy so I have experienced mentally leaving while still having months of employment left. The difference is mind was joyous but Ethan’s wouldn’t be.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:02 - Feb 2 with 2637 views442Dale

Would clubs have insurance in place in the events of deals going wrong? Not sure it would be relevant in this case, but there could be something when a payment expected is not received.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:37 - Feb 2 with 2509 viewsdingdangblue

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 16:45 - Feb 2 by electricblue

This season so far is not going Dales way at all it seems like everything is going against them.......

Keeping Brierley till the end of the season could go for us - he could now be involved in helping keep us up.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:38 - Feb 2 with 2511 viewsturnthescrew

Ethan (and Lewis O'Brien) will be utterly gutted about this, no doubt, and whilst appeals still go on, this has been a monumental cock-up by someone at Ewood Park. Shambolic.

Two careers unnecessarily derailed, never mind the personal upset and trauma.

Apart from anything else Ethan has been a Dale fan since he was 4, and is ever proud tow wear the Dale shirt.

If he ever gets to wear it again, he will give hi all, as he always has. Feel desperately sad for him and all involved, including the O'Brien people.

The EFL need to remember that these rules they impose seriously affect peoples careers and lives and it's not just a case of handing a lesson out to clubs about the deadline. Think again would be my advice.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:45 - Feb 2 with 2478 viewsEllDale

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:35 - Feb 2 by kel

If we deregistered him as Forest did with O’Brien it won’t just be Saturday he misses out on.

Can’t understand why Forest deregistered O’Brien.
Quite simply, a football transfer isn’t strictly a transfer of a body but rather a transfer of a players registration and, in this electronic age, there isn’t much excuse for missing deadlines especially if the clubs have the time to take premature publicity shots.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:08 - Feb 2 with 2338 viewsDaleiLama

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:38 - Feb 2 by turnthescrew

Ethan (and Lewis O'Brien) will be utterly gutted about this, no doubt, and whilst appeals still go on, this has been a monumental cock-up by someone at Ewood Park. Shambolic.

Apart from anything else Ethan has been a Dale fan since he was 4, and is ever proud tow wear the Dale shirt.

If he ever gets to wear it again, he will give hi all, as he always has. Feel desperately sad for him and all involved, including the O'Brien people.

The EFL need to remember that these rules they impose seriously affect peoples careers and lives and it's not just a case of handing a lesson out to clubs about the deadline. Think again would be my advice.

"The EFL need to remember that these rules they impose seriously affect peoples careers and lives and it's not just a case of handing a lesson out to clubs about the deadline. Think again would be my advice."

Chuckle. Agree with all you said, but time and time again, the EFL has shown the only thing it cares about is the EFL and officers staying in cushy jobs, which don't involve getting their hands dirty. This would. Next.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:24 - Feb 2 with 2225 viewsShun

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 18:38 - Feb 2 by turnthescrew

It’s not the EFL’s fault. They set clear enough rules, it’s not difficult to follow them. Blackburn had a month to make an offer.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:26 - Feb 2 with 2213 viewsShun

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 17:35 - Feb 2 by kel

I may be wrong but I don’t think U21s need to be registered in the squad to play.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:39 - Feb 2 with 2147 views49thseason

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:08 - Feb 2 by DaleiLama

"The EFL need to remember that these rules they impose seriously affect peoples careers and lives and it's not just a case of handing a lesson out to clubs about the deadline. Think again would be my advice."

Chuckle. Agree with all you said, but time and time again, the EFL has shown the only thing it cares about is the EFL and officers staying in cushy jobs, which don't involve getting their hands dirty. This would. Next.

All true, it makes you wonder if the EFL actually give a toss about any individual clubs in their Leagues? Does 10 minutes actually matter at the end of the day? I can see that there has to be a cut off at some point but with all the mitigating circumstances at Blackburn, you can easily imagine they are actually discriminating against them and in turn, us. Especially when you consider other leagues closed at midnight, why are English clubs being discriminated against by the very organisations that are supposed to have their backs....this may well be another nail in our coffin if we have spent money we do not have thanks to the EFL rules. Pettyfogging pratts the lot of them.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 20:02 - Feb 2 with 2055 viewsdingdangblue

I know clubs like to wait till last minute to get the best deal possible but Blackburn knew they had a game on Tuesday night. All their business should have been done on the Monday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 22:17 - Feb 2 with 1665 viewsgolfaduffy

I might be missing something here, but Blackburn say that they were only made aware of the players availability late on Tuesday afternoon. I guess this was after it came clear that he couldn't sign for Shefield United.
Who made them aware so late?
It was obvious he can't sign for shefield a few days before, so why didn't we bring him back earlier?

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 22:28 - Feb 2 with 1608 viewsEllDale

As the song goes, “There are more questions then answers”.
The whole thing is a shambles from start to finish.
Were people led to believe that Brierley’s initial absence from the team was due to injury?
How long was he actually at Sheffield United?
When did Dale realise that the Blades had a transfer embargo placed on them?
Was Jake Eastwood’s arrival all part of the deal?
When did the “trial” at Sheffield end?
I’m sure people can think of a few more.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 22:38 - Feb 2 with 1560 viewsShun

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 19:39 - Feb 2 by 49thseason

All true, it makes you wonder if the EFL actually give a toss about any individual clubs in their Leagues? Does 10 minutes actually matter at the end of the day? I can see that there has to be a cut off at some point but with all the mitigating circumstances at Blackburn, you can easily imagine they are actually discriminating against them and in turn, us. Especially when you consider other leagues closed at midnight, why are English clubs being discriminated against by the very organisations that are supposed to have their backs....this may well be another nail in our coffin if we have spent money we do not have thanks to the EFL rules. Pettyfogging pratts the lot of them.

How are they being discriminated against? If I speed and get a ticket I’m not being discriminated against, I’m just not abiding by the rules.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 23:01 - Feb 2 with 1496 viewsD_Alien

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 22:17 - Feb 2 by golfaduffy

I might be missing something here, but Blackburn say that they were only made aware of the players availability late on Tuesday afternoon. I guess this was after it came clear that he couldn't sign for Shefield United.
Who made them aware so late?
It was obvious he can't sign for shefield a few days before, so why didn't we bring him back earlier?

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere.

The "only made aware of the players availability late on Tuesday afternoon" was regarding the Nottm Forest deal, not Ethan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64499540

The link does, however, refer to "unsigned paperwork"... by Dale?

[Post edited 2 Feb 2023 23:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 23:15 - Feb 2 with 1442 viewsgolfaduffy

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 23:01 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

The "only made aware of the players availability late on Tuesday afternoon" was regarding the Nottm Forest deal, not Ethan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64499540

The link does, however, refer to "unsigned paperwork"... by Dale?

[Post edited 2 Feb 2023 23:02]

Doesn't really specify which player was which.

Suppose its another question for someone to ask at the forum.

I'd be amazed if Blackburn tried to sign a multi million player at such short notice. Ie the other one.
If they did then its asking for trouble.

I just asumed if was Brierley and they were only told he could go a few hours before deadline.
Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 23:17 - Feb 2 with 1423 viewsD_Alien

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 23:15 - Feb 2 by golfaduffy

Doesn't really specify which player was which.

Suppose its another question for someone to ask at the forum.

I'd be amazed if Blackburn tried to sign a multi million player at such short notice. Ie the other one.
If they did then its asking for trouble.

I just asumed if was Brierley and they were only told he could go a few hours before deadline.

It does specify which player is involved - not by name, but it couldn't be more clear that the "promising young player" refers to Ethan Brierley

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 23:38 - Feb 2 with 1357 views49thseason

Ethan Brierley Sheffield Bound? on 22:38 - Feb 2 by Shun

How are they being discriminated against? If I speed and get a ticket I’m not being discriminated against, I’m just not abiding by the rules.

If you break a law , that law has been made law by politicians you could vote for, it is checked in the Lords and upheld by the police and you can go to court and appeal if you feel you have been mistreated.

The EFL are the politicians, police, judge and jury in all English football matters for just 72 clubs and apparently there is no appeal court when problems arise. This matter directly impacts 2 of those clubs, one, Rochdale have been totally innocent but still affected, the other, Blackburn, had mitigating circumstances. The governing body makes its own rules and could, if minded, make an exception, no one would complain given the circumstances. This is another example of the EFL being heavy handed and tone deaf.

The EFL discriminates against L1 and L2 clubs by effectively making it impossible to disagree with Championship clubs and win, the biased voting system gives championship clubs most of the TV revenues and the Premiership monies, and 48 other clubs get crumbs off the table. It is a discriminatory and grossly iniquitous organisation which needs major reform for the sake of football generally
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024