Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our next XI 18:22 - Jan 29 with 2081 viewsMonkey_Roots

So, who’s your next XI, which loanees are in, which loanee’s are on the bench?

Assume Dykes, Paal, Roberts and Laird are all out injured…

For me:

Dieng
Dickie. Dunne. JCS.
Kakay. Field. Johansson. Willock.
Chair. Sinclair. Lowe.

Subs: Archer. Tim. Dozzell. Albert. Niko. Richards. Kolli?
Our next XI on 18:32 - Jan 29 with 2021 viewscolinallcars

Dieng
A N Other
A N Other
A N Other
A N Other
A N Other
A N Other
A N Other
A N Other
A N Other
A N Other

Not sure about the bench.
Our next XI on 18:36 - Jan 29 with 1999 viewsaston_hoop

Assuming all those injured plus Niko and Thomas leaving then

Dieng
Kakay
Dickie
Dunne
JCS (Field switching to LB and Tim in midfield when JCS picks up his injury)
Field
Johansen
Chair
Lowe
Sinclair
Willock

Don't think we'll deviate that far from where we currently are despite the clamour (and likely need) for it. I should say this is what I think we'll do, not what I'd do personally
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 18:37]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Our next XI on 18:39 - Jan 29 with 1986 viewsed_83

Taking a terminally out-of-form Willock and playing him at left wingback, a role he's played a handful of times in his career and been consistently terrible at, does not strike me as a good idea.

While the switch to 5 at the back worked for Warburton, i don't think we can rely on Clarke-Salter to stay fit enough to justify it. I'd stick with 4 at the back, but go to a 433 rather than 4231 so we've got an extra body into midfield, with Richards bombing forward and Field holding.

Iroegbunam is a liability, Roberts can't be arsed and Willock's head is gone, would give them all a spell on the bench, but I'd try and make do with what we've got otherwise. Richards and Armstrong can hardly be worse than the dross we've seen recently, would be inclined to give them both a go.

Assuming none of Laird, Johannson or Dykes are fit to start, I'd go with something like:

Dieng
Kakay Dickie Dunne Paal
Field Dozzell Richards
Lowe Armstrong Chair

Subs: Archer, JCS, Albert, Iroegbunam, Johannson, Willock, Roberts
Our next XI on 18:47 - Jan 29 with 1927 viewsBoston

Desperately need a pair of strikers and a defender.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Our next XI on 19:22 - Jan 29 with 1761 viewsdaveB

problem is the players we don't like are the only ones who appear to be fit every week

I'd like to see Armstrong start a few games, i find how we've ignored him for 3 months absolutely bizarre
Our next XI on 19:27 - Jan 29 with 1738 viewsDubaiR

Honestly sick of watching this lot so my 11 would be:

Dieng

Kakay
Dunne
Salter

Adomah
Dozzel (would try at wing back as can tackle and picks a pass, a passenger in cm)

Field
Jojo

Lowe
Kargbo
Armstrong

Bench: chair, willock, dickie, archer, couple more kids

The 11 from Saturday has no heart or bottle
Our next XI on 19:35 - Jan 29 with 1703 viewsMonkey_Roots

Our next XI on 19:22 - Jan 29 by daveB

problem is the players we don't like are the only ones who appear to be fit every week

I'd like to see Armstrong start a few games, i find how we've ignored him for 3 months absolutely bizarre

I might have misread, but I swear Clive, or someone else, alluded to some negative attitude or element around Sinclair…

Did Chair point the finger him yesterday for an offside? They seem to be having words, or (again) I misread it.

So, absolutely no solid evidence for either of the above, or maybe just cast iron evidence that I fail at reading anything.
Our next XI on 19:38 - Jan 29 with 1689 viewsterryb

I've not seen a minute from yesterday & don't intend to, so my side is based on what I've witnessed.

Apart from colinallcars there doesn't appear to be much difference with the selected sides as to what we have been seeing. Not that mine will be that different!

Going on the asumptions the OP made & that the following are all fit & available:-

Dieng
Dickie, Dunne, Clarke-Salter
Richards, Dozell, Field, Johansen, Chair
Armstrong, Lowe

If Laird or Paal are fit, Dozell is left out & if both were fit Richards sits another one out. No idea about the subs, but I would prefer under 21's or under 18's to Tim, Niko or Albert being there!

What we can't do is play a back four with Dickie & Dunne as partners as they don't compliment each other. I've included Richards based more on who to leave out rather than who to play!

I would also prefer not to have included Armstrong, for many reasons, but don't think we have any alternative.
Login to get fewer ads

Our next XI on 20:15 - Jan 29 with 1613 viewspaulparker

Dieng in goal

Back thee of Dunne, Dickie JCS

Wing backs Albert & Paal

Dozzell and Field in the middle

Chair & Willock

Lowe up top

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Our next XI on 00:27 - Jan 30 with 1390 viewsgobbles

Archer
Trialist Dickie Dunne Trialist
Field
Johansen
Chair
Lowe Dieng Armstrong
Our next XI on 18:41 - Jan 30 with 1144 viewsderbyhoop

Our next XI on 19:22 - Jan 29 by daveB

Has Armstrong done anything so far to have him as a first choice pick today.
In hist first 10 minutes he was offside 3 times. Agreed he looked more interested than anybody else in our kit.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our next XI on 18:59 - Jan 30 with 1105 viewsPeterHucker

Our next XI on 18:41 - Jan 30 by derbyhoop

Has Armstrong done anything so far to have him as a first choice pick today.
In hist first 10 minutes he was offside 3 times. Agreed he looked more interested than anybody else in our kit.

“Looking interested” makes him the first name of the team sheet, doesn’t it?

Assuming Dykes is not going to be well enough to play….

Dieng
Paal
Dickie
Dunne
Kakay
Field
Johansen (not sure if he’ll ever again be fit enough to start a match?)
Richards
Chair
Lowe
Armstrong
Our next XI on 19:07 - Jan 30 with 1097 viewsAndybrat

Laird and Paal are obvious wingbacks, so the rest sort of picks itself but for clarity, 5 at the back ( all ours) Sam and Steph in the middle and 4 up front hoping the ref doesn’t spot 11 on the pitch. Using the logic we had less than 10 last week so evening it up.
Our next XI on 19:10 - Jan 30 with 1094 viewsAndybrat

Take that back, Laird not ours but I think he tries
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024