Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody up for a chat? 01:47 - Feb 1 with 4586 viewsFredManRave

This new AI software is mind boggling.

Is ithe beginning of the end?

Would be interested to hear anybody's informed opinion.

Other than how fcuked we R, it's all anybody is talking about!

https://chat.openai.com/chat

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Anybody up for a chat? on 06:28 - Feb 1 with 3692 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I read something the other day about a new piece of kit (name escapes me), where you can ask it to write an essay, report etc. and no matter how technical, wallop, on your computer in seconds.

Made even more harrowing by the fact that you could also ask that your essay be in any language, writing style(s) as well.

As you say: the beginning of the end. I say thus because as the late Stephen Hawking predicts, if people aren't using their brains, it'll cease up. See further how barstaff are incapable of adding up a round without recourse to asking the till.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Anybody up for a chat? on 07:45 - Feb 1 with 3608 viewsLandshark

Anybody up for a chat? on 06:28 - Feb 1 by PlanetHonneywood

I read something the other day about a new piece of kit (name escapes me), where you can ask it to write an essay, report etc. and no matter how technical, wallop, on your computer in seconds.

Made even more harrowing by the fact that you could also ask that your essay be in any language, writing style(s) as well.

As you say: the beginning of the end. I say thus because as the late Stephen Hawking predicts, if people aren't using their brains, it'll cease up. See further how barstaff are incapable of adding up a round without recourse to asking the till.

ChatGPT.
Anybody up for a chat? on 08:56 - Feb 1 with 3499 viewsStevenageRanger

The world is sure changing however it always does. Who would have thought 20 years ago we would be waling round with a super computer in our pockets.

I really want to find my old Maths teacher who said "You wont have a calculator in your pocket all the time"
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 8:57]
Anybody up for a chat? on 09:40 - Feb 1 with 3442 viewsSimonJames

I've messed briefly with ChatGPT. Using it to come up with some headlines ideas for Google Ads, based on landing page content.
A lot of people I know are testing it out for marketing related purposes... content writing, chatbots, etc.
It's useful as a research tool, collating information on a topic - provided you ask it the right questions.
At the moment I would say it's a good tool for getting you 80% percent of the way there. Then you need to be a good editor and fact checker, if you want to publish what it creates.
As with all these AIs, I think they will always need a human input to point them in the right direction.

More useful to me at the moment is an AI called Midjourney, which is pretty cool for creating images. For example I asked it to create "an image of a woman, reading a planner, in the style of Banksy" and it created images like the following:

https://app.screencast.com/2IxVOxNbqWmva
https://app.screencast.com/okT1EZFKU8Qk3

100% of people who drink water will die.

Anybody up for a chat? on 09:43 - Feb 1 with 3425 viewstoboboly

Anybody up for a chat? on 06:28 - Feb 1 by PlanetHonneywood

All the up tops at my uni are quivering in their boots. Academics will have to finally address the way they write their questions

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Anybody up for a chat? on 09:49 - Feb 1 with 3406 viewsLazyFan

It only gets me 50% of the way there, and in a way whereby I am not sure how to start so, I ask it to start writing it for me. This gets me going with a good start.

As for facts, I have caught it repeating many misconceptions in my industry, some of which are dangerous. So, it's like all tools, useful but very limited. If you rely upon it, you will fail.

For many years academics have held the dissertation as the highest form fo testing if someone knows a subject or not, but no govts and non-academics always want exams, exams, exams. Forever the argument has gone back and forth.

Well now with this tool, it's been proven exams are just memory tests and not knowledge tests. As ChatGPT is passing loads of exams all over the internet and in other places. Still, people will stay with exams, despite it being proven they are memory tests and not real knowledge that can be applied.

zzzzzzzzzz

Anybody up for a chat? on 09:51 - Feb 1 with 3401 viewsLblock

First I’ve heard of it.

Meanwhile…. First phones you don’t have to wind up and blow down the mouthpiece due on sale in Argentina next month

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Anybody up for a chat? on 09:54 - Feb 1 with 3383 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Looks like a data mining operation to me!
Login to get fewer ads

Anybody up for a chat? on 10:12 - Feb 1 with 3359 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Anybody up for a chat? on 07:45 - Feb 1 by Landshark

ChatGPT.

That's the fellow!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Anybody up for a chat? on 10:50 - Feb 1 with 3292 viewsEsox_Lucius

Anybody up for a chat? on 09:54 - Feb 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Looks like a data mining operation to me!

That was my first thought, especially after reading stories that are coming to light regarding the part Cambridge Analytica played in rigging elections in this country, and the US.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/04/cambridge-analytica-data-leak-gl
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/they-were-planning-on
https://bylinetimes.com/2023/01/26/minutes-of-boris-johnson-meeting-with-cambrid
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 10:50]

The grass is always greener.

Anybody up for a chat? on 11:01 - Feb 1 with 3259 viewstoboboly

Anybody up for a chat? on 09:49 - Feb 1 by LazyFan

It only gets me 50% of the way there, and in a way whereby I am not sure how to start so, I ask it to start writing it for me. This gets me going with a good start.

As for facts, I have caught it repeating many misconceptions in my industry, some of which are dangerous. So, it's like all tools, useful but very limited. If you rely upon it, you will fail.

For many years academics have held the dissertation as the highest form fo testing if someone knows a subject or not, but no govts and non-academics always want exams, exams, exams. Forever the argument has gone back and forth.

Well now with this tool, it's been proven exams are just memory tests and not knowledge tests. As ChatGPT is passing loads of exams all over the internet and in other places. Still, people will stay with exams, despite it being proven they are memory tests and not real knowledge that can be applied.

At my uni it's the academics desperate to keep exams, we keep providing analysis that they are increasing and aren't as useful as other forms of assessment and we keep being ignored

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Anybody up for a chat? on 11:05 - Feb 1 with 3246 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anybody up for a chat? on 10:50 - Feb 1 by Esox_Lucius

That was my first thought, especially after reading stories that are coming to light regarding the part Cambridge Analytica played in rigging elections in this country, and the US.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/04/cambridge-analytica-data-leak-gl
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/they-were-planning-on
https://bylinetimes.com/2023/01/26/minutes-of-boris-johnson-meeting-with-cambrid
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 10:50]

I can’t find the link, but there is apparently an impending scandal with all of these face filter apps too where they are storing our faces and background information and it’s ending up in the hands of commercial interests.
Anybody up for a chat? on 11:12 - Feb 1 with 3235 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Anybody up for a chat? on 11:05 - Feb 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

I can’t find the link, but there is apparently an impending scandal with all of these face filter apps too where they are storing our faces and background information and it’s ending up in the hands of commercial interests.

Commercial interests have been harvesting our data, buying habits etc. for decades now; it's just that it's growing ever more pernicious and sophisticated.

The real fun comes when that info starts to be manipulated 'against' you for a variety of purposes. If Eric Blair were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave.

Anybody up for a chat? on 11:14 - Feb 1 with 3230 viewsTheChef

Anybody up for a chat? on 11:12 - Feb 1 by PlanetHonneywood

Commercial interests have been harvesting our data, buying habits etc. for decades now; it's just that it's growing ever more pernicious and sophisticated.

The real fun comes when that info starts to be manipulated 'against' you for a variety of purposes. If Eric Blair were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave.

"If Eric Blair were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave."

But then he'd have to be dead?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Anybody up for a chat? on 11:14 - Feb 1 with 3230 viewsEsox_Lucius

Anybody up for a chat? on 11:05 - Feb 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

I had a quick look and whilst searching, discovered that Alexander Nix (Cambridge Analytica CEO) is 2 years into a 7 year disqualification from owning or operating a business ruling.
I have always been wary of having my information digitally visible and tend to be online with that as a primary concern. As far as FB are concerned, I went to MIT to study stuffing teddy bears.

The grass is always greener.

Anybody up for a chat? on 12:54 - Feb 1 with 3139 viewsBluce_Ree

Bruh. Terminator came out in 1984 and it had it all figured out. People are going to create some robot bullshit that's going to fk us all right in the face.

Between robots in Japan that can do somersaults for some reason, AI bots that can write books and deep fake tech that can create film and photos of people who aren't there, this all seems like a recipe for a bummed gob.

Add to that the fact that kids now have to be surgically removed from their phones and I'm pretty glad I've not got any bairns growing up with this nonsense.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Anybody up for a chat? on 12:57 - Feb 1 with 3131 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Anybody up for a chat? on 11:14 - Feb 1 by TheChef

"If Eric Blair were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave."

But then he'd have to be dead?

Anybody up for a chat? on 13:40 - Feb 1 with 3050 viewsRs_Holy

Anybody up for a chat? on 12:54 - Feb 1 by Bluce_Ree

Bruh. Terminator came out in 1984 and it had it all figured out. People are going to create some robot bullshit that's going to fk us all right in the face.

Between robots in Japan that can do somersaults for some reason, AI bots that can write books and deep fake tech that can create film and photos of people who aren't there, this all seems like a recipe for a bummed gob.

Add to that the fact that kids now have to be surgically removed from their phones and I'm pretty glad I've not got any bairns growing up with this nonsense.

Bruh... 1968

this is a bit like me trying to get Alexa to stop playing music the other evening
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 13:43]
Anybody up for a chat? on 13:53 - Feb 1 with 2999 viewsToast_R

Tell it a joke and see if it laughs. Until then, we'll be fine.
Anybody up for a chat? on 14:24 - Feb 1 with 2964 viewsballbag

Just gave it a go. Seems plausible:

Write a script about Clive, a QPR supporter, trying to muster up the will to write a match report of his beloved QPR which just lost to Huddersfield 4-0. Clive is in the Crown & Sceptre pub and says the word "f*ck" a lot

INT. CROWN & SCEPTRE PUB - DAY

Clive sits at the bar with a pen and notebook, staring at a blank page. He takes a sip of his beer and lets out a sigh.

Clive: (muttering to himself) Alright, let's do this. QPR vs. Huddersfield...

He pauses, takes another sip of his beer, and lets out another sigh.

Clive: (groaning) f*cking Huddersfield...

Bartender: Everything okay, mate?

Clive: (frustrated) No, it's not okay. QPR just got thrashed by Huddersfield 4-0. And now I have to write a f*cking match report about it.

Bartender: Well, try to focus on the positives. Did anyone have a good game?

Clive: (sarcastic) Yeah, f*cking Huddersfield had a great game.

Bartender: (laughing) Alright, mate. I'll leave you to it.

Clive: (sighing) Thanks.

Clive picks up his pen and starts to write, but then pauses and crumples up the paper.

Clive: (angry) F*cking hell, this is hopeless.

He takes another sip of his beer and sets the pen down on the bar.

Clive: (defeated) Maybe I'll just forget about the report and drown my sorrows in this beer instead.

Bartender: (smiling) I think that's a good plan.

Clive nods in agreement and takes another sip of his beer. The camera zooms out as he continues to drink, clearly in no rush to write that match report.

Fade to black.

THE END.
Anybody up for a chat? on 16:20 - Feb 1 with 2836 viewsQPunkR

Anybody up for a chat? on 14:24 - Feb 1 by ballbag

Just gave it a go. Seems plausible:

Write a script about Clive, a QPR supporter, trying to muster up the will to write a match report of his beloved QPR which just lost to Huddersfield 4-0. Clive is in the Crown & Sceptre pub and says the word "f*ck" a lot

INT. CROWN & SCEPTRE PUB - DAY

Clive sits at the bar with a pen and notebook, staring at a blank page. He takes a sip of his beer and lets out a sigh.

Clive: (muttering to himself) Alright, let's do this. QPR vs. Huddersfield...

He pauses, takes another sip of his beer, and lets out another sigh.

Clive: (groaning) f*cking Huddersfield...

Bartender: Everything okay, mate?

Clive: (frustrated) No, it's not okay. QPR just got thrashed by Huddersfield 4-0. And now I have to write a f*cking match report about it.

Bartender: Well, try to focus on the positives. Did anyone have a good game?

Clive: (sarcastic) Yeah, f*cking Huddersfield had a great game.

Bartender: (laughing) Alright, mate. I'll leave you to it.

Clive: (sighing) Thanks.

Clive picks up his pen and starts to write, but then pauses and crumples up the paper.

Clive: (angry) F*cking hell, this is hopeless.

He takes another sip of his beer and sets the pen down on the bar.

Clive: (defeated) Maybe I'll just forget about the report and drown my sorrows in this beer instead.

Bartender: (smiling) I think that's a good plan.

Clive nods in agreement and takes another sip of his beer. The camera zooms out as he continues to drink, clearly in no rush to write that match report.

Fade to black.

THE END.

My sweet Lord 😳😳😳

QPR - "shit but local"

Anybody up for a chat? on 16:23 - Feb 1 with 2833 viewsQPunkR

Anybody up for a chat? on 12:54 - Feb 1 by Bluce_Ree

I’ve been saying that about Skynet.

We had a company come into my work today for a meeting and we got into the subject of ChatGTP and they pretty much admitted that it’ll be the end of all of our careers 😞🥺

QPR - "shit but local"

Anybody up for a chat? on 16:49 - Feb 1 with 2803 viewsTacticalR

If anyone is trying to find their bearings over the capabilities or otherwise of AI, I recommend The Myth of Artificial Intelligence: Why Computers Can’t Think the Way We Do (2021) by AI researcher Erik J. Larson.

Air hostess clique

Anybody up for a chat? on 17:45 - Feb 1 with 2760 viewsPunteR

Switch the plug off.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Anybody up for a chat? on 19:02 - Feb 1 with 2717 viewsGaxZE

Clive could legit get ChatGPT to write his previews or reviews. Especially since the players are phoning it in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024