Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley going, going... 09:16 - Feb 15 with 15758 viewsEastR

He's going to be gone imminently.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Critchley going, going... on 09:18 - Feb 15 with 8457 viewsNortholt_Rs

Is LF going too? He’s the problem.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Critchley going, going... on 09:18 - Feb 15 with 8459 viewsRangersw12

From a source or just an educated guess?
Critchley going, going... on 09:20 - Feb 15 with 8388 viewsconnell10

And you know this how ?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Critchley going, going... on 09:21 - Feb 15 with 8360 viewsLandshark

As I saw someone pointed out yesterday, he's on a 3 year contract. Surely they are not going to sack him. We can't afford another huge pay off.
Critchley going, going... on 09:30 - Feb 15 with 8232 viewsYokelR

Why who do you think we could get in who could turn this around?
I know it's the QPR way - everything is 100% the managers fault but after 8 years with our dof maybe he's the problem?
NC didn't recruit or develop this lot did he?
LF's recent interview was full of Well what can you do,?and Nothing to do with me guv?
Maybe get someone in who has some ideas to get us out of this disaster of a season?
Critchley going, going... on 09:53 - Feb 15 with 8091 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Critchley going, going... on 09:21 - Feb 15 by Landshark

As I saw someone pointed out yesterday, he's on a 3 year contract. Surely they are not going to sack him. We can't afford another huge pay off.

Well it all depends on the terms of his (and his team's) contracts, and whether there are any clauses within them that allow for a 'cheaper' break.

It being QPR, and given our track record of not being the most savvy of operators, we probably bent over the table and took it up the wazoo.

I feel sorry for NC - as I do you poor buggers paying to watch this rubbish - in that he really has inherited a shower of monkey gizz. However, seeing as much is made of 'Beale's in-room interview technique' I'd really love to know what wowed QPR about NC and vice versa.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Critchley going, going... on 09:59 - Feb 15 with 8005 viewsdaveB

Critchley going, going... on 09:21 - Feb 15 by Landshark

usually you only pay off one year if you sack him
Critchley going, going... on 10:01 - Feb 15 with 7977 viewsted_hendrix

We need to be very careful at the moment, the club Is in a critical time of It's history whether you like It or not sacking people Is not always the answer and Indeed can make matters worse.
Sack this bloke--sack that bloke--where do you stop and who do you replace them with?

The fixture list won't stop while we organise replacements will It.

Relegation Is a possibility and should It happen It will be a disaster for this club, quite possibly worse than you could Imagine and might/probably take years to recover from.

The people running this club/making the decisions have failed us for far too long but the way I see It now Is not the time to get rid, hopefully we'll survive this season and then they should be removed/sacked.

As for Critchley, enough has been said about him but If he was to be sacked this morning we'd be In a worse place In my opinion, who will manage/train the team for the next few fixtures? you can't temporarily promote someone from within the club as their all bloody useless.

Look, nobody needs telling to calm down but I'm serious by saying we're In a critical part of our history/survival even at the moment and It needs a calm head to sort It out.

As for our so called players, they have regressed at the moment and they seriously need to take a good long look at themselves and hopefully come up with the conclusion that they have to stop feeling sorry for themselves and pull their fingers out, they are the biggest contributory factor in the mess we find ourselves in this morning In my opinion.

It's all so bloody Déjà vu yet again, only this time It's worse, relegation to L1 would be a bridge too far to recover from.

I'm seriously concerned for the future/ long term future of our club, any decisions made over the next few days/weeks need to be the right ones.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Critchley going, going... on 10:04 - Feb 15 with 7927 viewsCamberleyR

Critchley going, going... on 09:53 - Feb 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Well it all depends on the terms of his (and his team's) contracts, and whether there are any clauses within them that allow for a 'cheaper' break.

It being QPR, and given our track record of not being the most savvy of operators, we probably bent over the table and took it up the wazoo.

I feel sorry for NC - as I do you poor buggers paying to watch this rubbish - in that he really has inherited a shower of monkey gizz. However, seeing as much is made of 'Beale's in-room interview technique' I'd really love to know what wowed QPR about NC and vice versa.

"I feel sorry for NC - as I do you poor buggers paying to watch this rubbish - in that he really has inherited a shower of monkey gizz"

I feel for him as well. In following after the Bromley bullshitter's treachery, he's been handed the shittiest of sticks in the whole entire history of shitty sticks. To paraphrase Capt Blackadder, he's probably finding it as joyful as getting an arrow through the neck and then finding there's a gas bill attached.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 10:07]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Critchley going, going... on 10:08 - Feb 15 with 7847 viewsdaveB

It all stinks of the Magilton season where we went from world beaters to a shambles. Not sure we are going to be lucky enough to get another Warnock this time
Critchley going, going... on 10:14 - Feb 15 with 7741 viewsDamo1962

Critchley going, going... on 10:01 - Feb 15 by ted_hendrix

We need to be very careful at the moment, the club Is in a critical time of It's history whether you like It or not sacking people Is not always the answer and Indeed can make matters worse.
Sack this bloke--sack that bloke--where do you stop and who do you replace them with?

Relegation Is a possibility and should It happen It will be a disaster for this club, quite possibly worse than you could Imagine and might/probably take years to recover from.

The people running this club/making the decisions have failed us for far too long but the way I see It now Is not the time to get rid, hopefully we'll survive this season and then they should be removed/sacked.

As for Critchley, enough has been said about him but If he was to be sacked this morning we'd be In a worse place In my opinion, who will manage/train the team for the next few fixtures? you can't temporarily promote someone from within the club as their all bloody useless.

Look, nobody needs telling to calm down but I'm serious by saying we're In a critical part of our history/survival even at the moment and It needs a calm head to sort It out.

As for our so called players, they have regressed at the moment and they seriously need to take a good long look at themselves and hopefully come up with the conclusion that they have to stop feeling sorry for themselves and pull their fingers out, they are the biggest contributory factor in the mess we find ourselves in this morning In my opinion.

It's all so bloody Déjà vu yet again, only this time It's worse, relegation to L1 would be a bridge too far to recover from.

I'm seriously concerned for the future/ long term future of our club, any decisions made over the next few days/weeks need to be the right ones.

Thoughtful stuff Ted. Much to ponder there.
Critchley going, going... on 11:36 - Feb 15 with 7286 viewsstanistheman

Critchley going, going... on 09:30 - Feb 15 by YokelR

Why who do you think we could get in who could turn this around?
I know it's the QPR way - everything is 100% the managers fault but after 8 years with our dof maybe he's the problem?
NC didn't recruit or develop this lot did he?
LF's recent interview was full of Well what can you do,?and Nothing to do with me guv?
Maybe get someone in who has some ideas to get us out of this disaster of a season?

This is the real problem. Players have been accused of stealing a living from the club , but this man has been doing the same for 8 years now.

Just what the owners think he has achieved is beyond me.

Reducing the wage bill by paying off contracts using the parachute payments was not difficult. Other players just ran down their contacts. Also, how much of that was down to him and not the Financial manager , Hoos?

LF has recruited managers coaches and players with a policy of signing players with injury issues because they are cheaper and could perhaps be improved and sold for a profit. Amos bring one of those but he is still injured and out of contract this summer - so no profit or even a successful season from him.
Critchley going, going... on 11:43 - Feb 15 with 7206 viewsGloucs_R

Define imminently....

It's been two hours already ⏰

Poll: Are we staying up?

Critchley going, going... on 11:53 - Feb 15 with 7108 viewsBostonR

Brilliant post and bang-on.

We need to stay in the Championship and finishing 21st feels like success this morning. The club lacks any form of leadership at present - someone who can make brave and difficult decisions.
We have been a wreck since 2012 with each season thereafter adding a nail in our coffin. Jim Gregory must be turning in his grave watching this lot presiding over the mess we are in.
The problem is no-one is standing up and taking accountability. Critchley is literally being hung out to dry. Yet, the current crop of Director's and coaches just breeze along producing absolutely feck-all.
Critchley going, going... on 12:17 - Feb 15 with 6923 viewsloftus77

Critchley going, going... on 11:53 - Feb 15 by BostonR

Brilliant post and bang-on.

We need to stay in the Championship and finishing 21st feels like success this morning. The club lacks any form of leadership at present - someone who can make brave and difficult decisions.
We have been a wreck since 2012 with each season thereafter adding a nail in our coffin. Jim Gregory must be turning in his grave watching this lot presiding over the mess we are in.
The problem is no-one is standing up and taking accountability. Critchley is literally being hung out to dry. Yet, the current crop of Director's and coaches just breeze along producing absolutely feck-all.

I'd say that we've actually been a "wreck" since 1995 in reality.

The 1995-96 Premiership relegation - us moving in one direction just as the 'Whole New Ball Game' was moving in the other - is where it all went wrong originally IMHO.
Critchley going, going... on 12:42 - Feb 15 with 6605 viewsjtuck

Agree that this is a good and thoughtful post. But do not think Critchley can be left in position. One tiny example of the nonsense going on with his handling of the team is extremely left footed Sam Field playing the second half last night wide on the right hand side of midfield and even having to cross at least once with his right. Everything Ted says is true but still should get rid of NC. If we accept this as fans and say there is no panacea then that is a self-fulfilling prophecy .

LAranger

Critchley going, going... on 12:54 - Feb 15 with 6462 viewsTheChef

Critchley going, going... on 12:17 - Feb 15 by loftus77

I'd say that we've actually been a "wreck" since 1995 in reality.

The 1995-96 Premiership relegation - us moving in one direction just as the 'Whole New Ball Game' was moving in the other - is where it all went wrong originally IMHO.

Yep. And given further opportunities to cash in, in 2011 and 2014, we chucked those down the toilet as well.

We get what we deserve unfortunately.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Critchley going, going... on 13:18 - Feb 15 with 6253 viewsQPR_Jim

Agree with all of that. The only thing I would question is the relegation to League 1. I'll be clear, I absolutely do not want us to get relegated.

Looking at the FFP regs for League 1 it looks like it any shareholder investment which isn't a loan counts as turnover, so we'd immediately change from losing £13m a year to breaking even under those rules. So does that mean when we'd get promoted we'd have extra headroom under FFP? I'm not sure exactly how it would work but presumably your accounts submitted in league 1 would form part of your 3 year rolling FFP period.

There's no guarantee the owners would still chuck the money in and there's no guarantee we'd get promoted straight away. But it looks like on paper they could have a right good sort out terminating contracts, buy some promising young players (maybe even buy some strikers) and write off all the costs.

So it could be an opportunity but then knowing us we'd buy Mark Hateley.
Critchley going, going... on 13:22 - Feb 15 with 6212 viewsNov77

What do you reckon our crowds would be in league 1?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Critchley going, going... on 13:29 - Feb 15 with 6142 viewskingsburyR

I'm a pretty patient and understanding man but how nothing has been announced yet after that dog show last night is beyond me.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Critchley going, going... on 13:43 - Feb 15 with 6030 viewsGloucs_R

Critchley going, going... on 13:22 - Feb 15 by Nov77

What do you reckon our crowds would be in league 1?

Depends on how well we are doing.

12k to 18k

Poll: Are we staying up?

Critchley going, going... on 13:49 - Feb 15 with 5950 viewsLblock

Critchley going, going... on 13:18 - Feb 15 by QPR_Jim

Agree with all of that. The only thing I would question is the relegation to League 1. I'll be clear, I absolutely do not want us to get relegated.

Looking at the FFP regs for League 1 it looks like it any shareholder investment which isn't a loan counts as turnover, so we'd immediately change from losing £13m a year to breaking even under those rules. So does that mean when we'd get promoted we'd have extra headroom under FFP? I'm not sure exactly how it would work but presumably your accounts submitted in league 1 would form part of your 3 year rolling FFP period.

There's no guarantee the owners would still chuck the money in and there's no guarantee we'd get promoted straight away. But it looks like on paper they could have a right good sort out terminating contracts, buy some promising young players (maybe even buy some strikers) and write off all the costs.

So it could be an opportunity but then knowing us we'd buy Mark Hateley.

The owners have chucked the towel in.

I don't blame them -- sometimes you have to have a word with yourself and realise that you really are shit at something you are trying to do and give it up.
This is why I don't play football anymore, gave up DJ'ing and haven't had sexual intercourse for ages............

The only come back people will have on that will be the white elephant of a training ground that took them 8 years to sort and when they did it falls short.

The club is cooked

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Critchley going, going... on 13:49 - Feb 15 with 5943 viewsBerkoRanger

Critchley going, going... on 12:54 - Feb 15 by TheChef

Yep. And given further opportunities to cash in, in 2011 and 2014, we chucked those down the toilet as well.

We get what we deserve unfortunately.

I remember walking back from Wembley after the BZ euphoria, convinced the club would be secure for years as we would spend the promotion money wisely... but we didin't.
So, The Chef, I completely agree with you.
Critchley going, going... on 13:56 - Feb 15 with 5887 viewsthemodfather

we have sacked better for less , ia m ahving been watching sky sports news most of the day awaiting news of a qpr manager vacancy
Critchley going, going... on 13:56 - Feb 15 with 5883 viewsDejR_vu

We've never recovered from the mistakes made whilst in the Premier League. Relegation would be the final nail in the coffin imo. We would have all the same stadium expenses etc, but even less income. We would have even less chance of selling players to Premier League clubs from L1 than we do from the Championship (if we were ever to get our act together). We are, in theory, one step away from the Premier League, League 1 makes it 2 steps, so, I would imagine, that is the line for the owners, and we have even less chance of someone decent buying the club.

I think there's a real possibility we could go into liquidation if we were relegated.

I agree, now isn't the time to start rolling dice with the manager. Those above should go straight away though, so that we have time to conduct a proper, thorough process (if, in fact, the people left are capable of doing that; they've been around long enough to know enough to at least know who to ask, surely) to find replacements in the Summer. That said I can't see them going of their own accord, I suspect the owners will have act.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024