Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR - Are there any positives? 17:24 - Feb 18 with 3689 viewsGreenbay

Let's be frank about this.
Our team is a League 1 side - as I mentioned in last week's match thread and which Clive also said in his match preview.
In fact not only was Clive's emotional piece so accurate but it was laden with solid facts about our team.
I think it would be good to re-read that article.
So for years we've punched above our weight almost defying the logistics of a poor stadium, FFP, and no player development.
But what we saw against a very good Middlesbrough side was - for the first time in many matches - a desire from most of the players. And they kept trying throughout the match instead of 'downing tools' in recent games.
If - and I know it is a big if - if we can show that determination against lesser sides on our run-in then we can survive relegation.
Yes our defence is poor and we have little goal threat.
So as many have said - as Warbs did to great effect - three centre-backs if we have enough fit - with Kakay and Paal as wing backs. Surely that's the only way we can score.
And if we combine that with our effort - shown at Middlesbrough - then we can survive.
We have an 8-point start on the bottom 3 but have played one more game.
Also let's not underestimate that we have so many players injured or not interested.
That's why players like Dunne, Field, Seny, Chair and Kakay along with Dickie (hopefully he can come back to form) and Paal, are now so important to us.
Just look at that bench today - we're well short of Championship class.
But those who want to play for us and give everything as above then we can survive this mess.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 17:29]
QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:17 - Feb 18 with 3442 viewsDamo1962

I've said for years(and got plenty of stick for it) - that we have over- achieved, given the players we own...not loans. Most are L1 at best, and this is the inevitable outcome. Having said that, I don't want to see any of them playing for us in L1. I dislike a lot of these players more than is healthy.
QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:19 - Feb 18 with 3440 viewsBushRanger82

Only one I can see is, we don't have to watch them again for a whole week.
Bliss.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 18:20]
QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:21 - Feb 18 with 3399 viewsplasmahoop

What we've tended to do on this dismal run is draw the odd game and play slightly better, then follow it up with an absolute horror show. I'm pleased to hear there was a bit more commitment today, but will there be next game? I wouldn't bet on it
QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:27 - Feb 18 with 3326 viewsbosh67

If there are any positives it is that hopefully in future we'll be able to supply a coach/manager with a squad that doesn't fall to pieces injury wise when it gets near an actual match.

To be without Willock, Amos, Johansen, Salter-Clark, Balogun, Roberts, Richards and now Dykes for so much of the season really has been incredible.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 18:42]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:38 - Feb 18 with 3227 viewsDamo1962

QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:27 - Feb 18 by bosh67

If there are any positives it is that hopefully in future we'll be able to supply a coach/manager with a squad that doesn't fall to pieces injury wise when it gets near an actual match.

To be without Willock, Amos, Johansen, Salter-Clark, Balogun, Roberts, Richards and now Dykes for so much of the season really has been incredible.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 18:42]

Yep.If all those were available...we should have enough to stay out of trouble. Even if half were fit, it might change things. I will hold my hand up now and say I was wrong about Dykes contribution to the side. Not as a striker, but as a fit and regular stater - and someone who played with professional pride. We have noticeably deteriorated since his illness.
QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:40 - Feb 18 with 3210 viewsSonofpugwash

Yes,as a dedicated masochist only the exquisite application of nipple clamps and self flagellation would make this the perfect day.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:42 - Feb 18 with 3192 viewsenfieldargh

Armstrong also out today

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:45 - Feb 18 with 3159 viewsbosh67

QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:42 - Feb 18 by enfieldargh

Armstrong also out today

Yup...

Willock, Amos, Salter-Clark, Balogun, Roberts, Richards, Dykes and Armstrong (8) all out and Johansen not really fit enough to play. I can't remember a time like it?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:50 - Feb 18 with 3096 viewsnumptydumpty

QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:45 - Feb 18 by bosh67

Yup...

Willock, Amos, Salter-Clark, Balogun, Roberts, Richards, Dykes and Armstrong (8) all out and Johansen not really fit enough to play. I can't remember a time like it?

Last season - seven goalkeepers !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:59 - Feb 18 with 3020 viewsHanwellHoopster

Surely the main big positive on the horizon is that we've got a new training ground, that we'll own, due to open this summer? It's a huge step forward for the club and arguably a lot more important in the short term than a new ground.

Doesn't seem to generate much / any excitement but it's the one thing giving me hope.
QPR - Are there any positives? on 19:11 - Feb 18 with 2936 viewsdaveB

Sam Field was pretty good today and thought Dunne was good as well, Martin and Lowe had their moments. That's about all i can muster at the moment
QPR - Are there any positives? on 19:12 - Feb 18 with 2930 viewsWokingR

It’s going to be sunny tomorrow
QPR - Are there any positives? on 19:37 - Feb 18 with 2785 viewsVancouverHoop

QPR - Are there any positives? on 19:11 - Feb 18 by daveB

Sam Field was pretty good today and thought Dunne was good as well, Martin and Lowe had their moments. That's about all i can muster at the moment

Aside from Field, I though Kakay was very good today. Possibly his best performance as a starter. In fact with Laird out he seems to be coming into his own somewhat.
QPR - Are there any positives? on 19:41 - Feb 18 with 2759 viewsDorse

No matter how bad it gets, at least we aren't Chelsea.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR - Are there any positives? on 19:43 - Feb 18 with 2742 viewsted_hendrix

Positives you say?

Well the only one I can think of at the moment Is today we only conceded three goals as opposed to the thirty three goals I thought we'd concede at the aptly named Riverside Stadium.

Did you know that over the course of the last thirteen games we've conceded three goals per game five times?

Not a lot of people know that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:52 - Feb 18 with 2650 viewsbongo_king

QPR - Are there any positives? on 19:37 - Feb 18 by VancouverHoop

Aside from Field, I though Kakay was very good today. Possibly his best performance as a starter. In fact with Laird out he seems to be coming into his own somewhat.

[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 19:56]
QPR - Are there any positives? on 20:04 - Feb 18 with 2536 viewsbongo_king

Positives are hard to come by at the mo. However, I disagree we have a league 1 side. We have league 1 resources/attendance, but not a league 1 side.

If we end up in L1, I 'm almost certain we'll have bids from above for: Chair, Field, Dieng, Willock, Dykes, Dunne, Paal... and possibly for Johansen, Dickie, Amos, JCS. That's almost a starting 11.

Only positive I can see at the mo is we're out of the relegation places, and I'd rather be above the line than below.

(2nd attempt at posting this, apologies for the accidental blank reply to Vancouver).
QPR - Are there any positives? on 22:43 - Feb 18 with 2268 viewskropotkin41

Right, we didn't get absolutely thoroughly hammered today. Chair scored. Critchley has a whole week to turn that improvement into a proper "we all want to win" performance against Blackburn.... that's all positive.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR - Are there any positives? on 22:49 - Feb 18 with 2227 viewsDesertBoot

No. Boro were lethargic and sloppy in the first half making us look marginally better.
Second half they got it together and outclassed us.
Those injured players, bar Armstrong and Willock, don’t fancy it and this is going to the wire.

Wish I could be like David Watts

QPR - Are there any positives? on 00:00 - Feb 19 with 2090 viewsLblock

QPR - Are there any positives? on 18:59 - Feb 18 by HanwellHoopster

Surely the main big positive on the horizon is that we've got a new training ground, that we'll own, due to open this summer? It's a huge step forward for the club and arguably a lot more important in the short term than a new ground.

Doesn't seem to generate much / any excitement but it's the one thing giving me hope.

Why does a building and some pitches give you hope?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024