Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Gregory 15:59 - Mar 30 with 2616 viewsenfieldargh

Is there a definitive biography on JG?

I've read snippets here and there about his time as QPR chairman from Rodney, Stan, The wintons podcast appearance, Peter Hucker.

Did Ron Phillips ever write up anything?

Would love to find out more, anyone have any stories?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Jim Gregory on 16:34 - Mar 30 with 2500 viewskernowhoop

A late uncle of mine (born Grenfell Road) went to school with Jim. Not likely to be part of any biography, though!
Jim Gregory on 16:55 - Mar 30 with 2475 viewsTomS

I believe that the reason both QPR and Spurs played in their away kits in the '82 Cup Final was that Jim refused to toss a coin to see who got to wear their home shirts.
Jim Gregory on 17:05 - Mar 30 with 2454 viewsBushman

Someone came or a meeting with him in his office and enquired whether a certain player was for sale

He replied "Everything here is for sale, even this desk if you want to make me an offer "

Allegedly

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Jim Gregory on 17:24 - Mar 30 with 2422 viewsdmm

If you can get a copy, the book 'A History of Queens Park Rangers" by Dennis Signey and published in 1968 has a chapter on Jim Gregory. There's also another chapter on what actually happened in the Brentford "take over", as opposed to what most Brentford fans seem to think happened. Gregory of course played a key role in that episode.
Jim Gregory on 22:31 - Mar 30 with 2246 viewsPikey

I have a copy of that book in the loft. Must get up there and read it again 55 years after I first got it.
Jim Gregory on 01:14 - Mar 31 with 2149 viewsBoston

Jim Gregory on 22:31 - Mar 30 by Pikey

I have a copy of that book in the loft. Must get up there and read it again 55 years after I first got it.

Too late squire...they've demolished the Loft.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jim Gregory on 01:44 - Mar 31 with 2138 viewsTacticalR

Long-time QPR Club Secretary Ron Phillips Recalls Les Ferdinand's Non-Transfer and Chairman Jim Gregory
http://qprreport.blogspot.com/2011/04/longtime-qpr-club-secretary-ron.html

Air hostess clique

Jim Gregory on 11:07 - Mar 31 with 1959 viewsTomS

Jim Gregory on 01:44 - Mar 31 by TacticalR

Long-time QPR Club Secretary Ron Phillips Recalls Les Ferdinand's Non-Transfer and Chairman Jim Gregory
http://qprreport.blogspot.com/2011/04/longtime-qpr-club-secretary-ron.html

That's an eye-opener. I wasn't aware that the club's financial mis-management went that far back, and that we were that close to going into admin while still in the Premiership.
Login to get fewer ads

Jim Gregory on 11:27 - Mar 31 with 1917 viewsDannyPaddox

Boyhood Fulham fan. I’m told.
Jim Gregory on 12:53 - Mar 31 with 1825 viewsTacticalR

A very unflattering account of Gregory's treatment of Alec Stock

The forgotten story of Alec Stock
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/oct/30/forgotten-story-alec-stock-qp

Air hostess clique

Jim Gregory on 13:35 - Mar 31 with 1722 viewsTGRRRSSS

Jim Gregory on 17:05 - Mar 30 by Bushman

Someone came or a meeting with him in his office and enquired whether a certain player was for sale

He replied "Everything here is for sale, even this desk if you want to make me an offer "

Allegedly

That was the core idea of the Trotters - everything would be for sale if you made a good enough offer.

Sullivan confirmed this in one of those talking heads programmes he did on the show
Jim Gregory on 14:27 - Mar 31 with 1637 viewsCamberleyR

Jim Gregory on 11:27 - Mar 31 by DannyPaddox

Boyhood Fulham fan. I’m told.

I believe that's true. Before joining QPR's board of directors prior to becoming chairman he apparently tried to join Fulham's but Tommy Trinder & Co weren't having any of it.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024