Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State Of Origin 2023 10:22 - May 31 with 7480 viewsDiscodroids

Game One. 11am.

This is the only Sporting event remaining that evokes the same level of solar plexus Glow of excitement in me, as the FA Cup final once did as a kid back back in the late 70's and 80's when it was on both chanels from 12-5, with Freddie Starr parading the Wembley turf as Albert Speer in Pat Coombs winceyette bloomers.

Hoping for a NSW Win and looking to see how Canberra Raider Hudson Young goes today.

State of Origin... 'I love this Game Moonpie!'

[Post edited 31 May 2023 10:25]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

State Of Origin 2023 on 13:39 - Jun 2 with 1424 viewsNorthernr

State Of Origin 2023 on 13:07 - Jun 2 by MrSheen

Insane finish today.

Very Tigers thing to do that. They can be the best team in the comp, and the worst team you've ever seen, often within the same minute, sometimes within the same set. Three tries in four minutes and a beautiful DG to turn the game around, and then the thickest penalty you could possibly imagine to lose it.
State Of Origin 2023 on 14:02 - Jun 2 with 1404 viewsMrSheen

State Of Origin 2023 on 13:39 - Jun 2 by Northernr

Very Tigers thing to do that. They can be the best team in the comp, and the worst team you've ever seen, often within the same minute, sometimes within the same set. Three tries in four minutes and a beautiful DG to turn the game around, and then the thickest penalty you could possibly imagine to lose it.

Great set-up for the final drop goal attempt, too.
State Of Origin 2023 on 14:15 - Jun 2 with 1384 viewsNorthernr

State Of Origin 2023 on 14:02 - Jun 2 by MrSheen

Great set-up for the final drop goal attempt, too.

Twice in that move a try was on, and they were so fixated on a drop goal they turned it down to try and work it back to the middle.
State Of Origin 2023 on 18:35 - Jun 3 with 1286 viewseasthertsr

State Of Origin 2023 on 14:15 - Jun 2 by Northernr

Twice in that move a try was on, and they were so fixated on a drop goal they turned it down to try and work it back to the middle.

Sorry but for most of us on here rugby league is like watching paint dry. It's a load of northerners and Aussies running into each other for eighty minutes
State Of Origin 2023 on 19:18 - Jun 3 with 1276 viewsLoyalitat

State Of Origin 2023 on 18:35 - Jun 3 by easthertsr

Sorry but for most of us on here rugby league is like watching paint dry. It's a load of northerners and Aussies running into each other for eighty minutes

Watching GA style football is the very definition of watching paint dry. The skill-sets exhibited by those Aussies, northerners and a growing number of southerners in their particular discipline are at a higher level to many playing in our beloved football team.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 19:33]
State Of Origin 2023 on 20:52 - Jun 3 with 1253 viewsKiwi76

& Kiwi’s!
Go the Warriors who are showing some more steel this year.
NRL is great comp & salary cap a great leveller - pretty open this season
State Of Origin 2023 on 09:41 - Jun 4 with 1208 viewsDiscodroids

Another award winning contribution to the advancement of mankind from this forums 5th dan shaolin monk high sensei of the exclamation mark.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

State Of Origin 2023 on 09:47 - Jun 4 with 1201 viewsNorthernr

Other threads are available.
Login to get fewer ads

State Of Origin 2023 on 09:48 - Jun 4 with 1201 viewsDiscodroids

State Of Origin 2023 on 13:39 - Jun 2 by Northernr

We done our very best to throw that one away. I thought we got lucky with the penalty at the death also. Typical Raiders to turn Luke brooks into brett kimmorley for 80 minutes.

Ricky Stuarts press conference after was a joy to behold.

State Of Origin 2023 on 22:17 - Jun 4 with 1156 viewsNorthernr

State Of Origin 2023 on 09:48 - Jun 4 by Discodroids

We done our very best to throw that one away. I thought we got lucky with the penalty at the death also. Typical Raiders to turn Luke brooks into brett kimmorley for 80 minutes.

Ricky Stuarts press conference after was a joy to behold.

I suspect Rickie would be giving the bloke who got sin binned a paddling.

Leeds ready to smash the marquee player rule apart for Luke Brooks. I mean, boy looking like that will do well in the fleshpots of Leeds, but... really?

Boss eyed Jake Clifford meanwhile continues to haul a mostly drunk, coked up and past it Hull FC team without a pack through Super League games by himself - Warrington the latest victims at Magic Weekend. He should be playing NRL, no business over here.
State Of Origin 2023 on 22:20 - Jun 4 with 1153 viewsMrSheen

The two Tigers fans on my favourite NRL podcast have been slagging off Luke Brooks for about three years, desperate to see the back of him. Suddenly he’s Joey Johns!
State Of Origin 2023 on 22:29 - Jun 4 with 1146 viewsNorthernr

State Of Origin 2023 on 22:20 - Jun 4 by MrSheen

The two Tigers fans on my favourite NRL podcast have been slagging off Luke Brooks for about three years, desperate to see the back of him. Suddenly he’s Joey Johns!

No chance. Super League half back. Clifford on the other hand should not be playing for Hull.
State Of Origin 2023 on 22:37 - Jun 4 with 1122 viewsLoyalitat

State Of Origin 2023 on 22:29 - Jun 4 by Northernr

No chance. Super League half back. Clifford on the other hand should not be playing for Hull.

Totally agree.

I'm equally amazed at how Brodie Croft is plying his trade in Super League.
State Of Origin 2023 on 22:42 - Jun 4 with 1119 viewsNorthernr

State Of Origin 2023 on 22:37 - Jun 4 by Loyalitat

Totally agree.

I'm equally amazed at how Brodie Croft is plying his trade in Super League.

And at Salford as well.
State Of Origin 2023 on 10:26 - Jun 10 with 1003 viewsMrSheen

What a game that was. I was thinking that was the best Newcastle performance in years, then the Broncos shake themselves awake for the final 15. Watching professional sport you take the ridiculous skill and athleticism for granted, but what stands out is the ability to see opportunities the rest of us can’t and to take advantage of them - think a Taarabt, Bowles, etc. The best in the NRL can do that, but under additional physical peril. That Mam pass!
State Of Origin 2023 on 13:34 - Jun 10 with 955 viewseasthertsr

State Of Origin 2023 on 09:47 - Jun 4 by Northernr

Other threads are available.

I'm only joking guys! Each to their own ,watch and enjoy the sports you like! As to other threads are available Norths, why do you get so jumpy about the political ones? As you infer you do not have to look at them! Genuine question.
State Of Origin 2023 on 11:09 - Jun 21 with 868 viewsNorthernr

Morning everybody.

Tom lasts 3 mins.

This post has been edited by an administrator
State Of Origin 2023 on 11:12 - Jun 21 with 859 viewsLoyalitat

State Of Origin 2023 on 11:09 - Jun 21 by Northernr

Morning everybody.

Tom lasts 3 mins.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Morning.

Queensland for me but it will be closer than some are forecasting.
State Of Origin 2023 on 11:31 - Jun 21 with 840 viewsSydneyRs

State Of Origin 2023 on 13:34 - Jun 10 by easthertsr

I'm only joking guys! Each to their own ,watch and enjoy the sports you like! As to other threads are available Norths, why do you get so jumpy about the political ones? As you infer you do not have to look at them! Genuine question.

As a mod he kind of does have to look at them. If anything potentially libelous etc is posted the site can be held responsible for it.

Anyway Queensland in front early doors, long way to go.
State Of Origin 2023 on 12:24 - Jun 21 with 807 viewsLoyalitat

State Of Origin 2023 on 11:12 - Jun 21 by Loyalitat

Morning.

Queensland for me but it will be closer than some are forecasting.

Oh well, so much for a close game. I know nothing.
State Of Origin 2023 on 19:33 - Jun 21 with 742 viewshighleverhoopL

In case anyone isn't aware, Brad Fittler's nickname is Adolph.
State Of Origin 2023 on 23:47 - Jun 21 with 699 viewsMrSheen

Amazing how players shrivel up in a blue jersey…Paulo, Tedesco, Addo-Carr, Luai, Young, Crichton…
State Of Origin 2023 on 00:57 - Jun 22 with 671 viewsSydneyRs

State Of Origin 2023 on 23:47 - Jun 21 by MrSheen

Amazing how players shrivel up in a blue jersey…Paulo, Tedesco, Addo-Carr, Luai, Young, Crichton…

Luai too busy trying to play the hard man to remember to do his actual job on the field well.
State Of Origin 2023 on 04:40 - Jun 22 with 653 viewsBrisbaneR

It's just bizarre how the Blues keep disappearing in the key moments...it's becoming self-fulfilling isn't it? Every set back seems to confirm their thought line that QLD won't break or will always come back.
On the flip side, QLD just absorb punishment and seem to have faith that it will turn for them in the end.
As for Luai...keep that up son, that will see the Blues losing series as long as you are there mouthing of...I loved Tino pointing up at the scoreboard and smiling as he was doing that.
QUEENSLANDER!
State Of Origin 2023 on 09:14 - Jun 22 with 618 viewsMrSheen

Ouch.
https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/06/22/freddies-cooked-how-selection-decisions-ta
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024