Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conerns 11:32 - Jun 8 with 2538 viewsDubaiR

Sorry not lumped it on the end of the other thread but have we actually been linked with anyone beyond the clickbait site's?

I know it is early but if ever there was a summer to get people in early to start building spirit from day 1 of pre season it would be this one. It seems to be one area we will have to rely on next year.

With the loans all going back, sales have started, concern at lack of actual links and not some spotty kid plucking random names because they are free
Conerns on 11:40 - Jun 8 with 2467 viewsNorthernr

Money has to come in before money can start going out. And big chunks of what does come in will go towards reducing our losses because of the 21/22 £24m loss.
Conerns on 11:47 - Jun 8 with 2442 viewsA40Bosh

Conerns on 11:40 - Jun 8 by Northernr

Money has to come in before money can start going out. And big chunks of what does come in will go towards reducing our losses because of the 21/22 £24m loss.

You have the patience of Job Clive

and probably a file with stock reply answers ready to paste in every June :-)

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Conerns on 11:53 - Jun 8 with 2406 viewsHayesender

When do the players report back?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Conerns on 12:07 - Jun 8 with 2368 viewsJuzzie

Also, player contracts expire at the end of June so nothing can really be done until July at the earliest. Every single year most of May & June on social media is full of paranoia and exasperations that (insert club here) haven't signed anyone.

[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 12:22]
Conerns on 13:20 - Jun 8 with 2163 viewsMonkey_Roots

Conerns on 12:07 - Jun 8 by Juzzie

Also, player contracts expire at the end of June so nothing can really be done until July at the earliest. Every single year most of May & June on social media is full of paranoia and exasperations that (insert club here) haven't signed anyone.

[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 12:22]

Is this important because we'll be almost exclusively dealing in the 'free' market?

I guess we ca negotiate before then though, right?
Conerns on 13:29 - Jun 8 with 2122 viewsMonkey_Roots

I'll lump this in here too, save starting another thread... it is a concern :)

It seems like there's a couple of posters on here that are close to the club and hear stuff, or at least know how things work more than others. So, my question is this...

If Les and/or others were to leave, would that have happened by now?

When could it potentially happen?

How likely is it that it will happen?

I know nobody really knows but, as I said, there's a few on here that know more about the business side of things, and that could obviously factor into these kind of decisions.
Conerns on 15:31 - Jun 8 with 1948 viewsDubaiR

I wasn't suggesting we should have players in by now, and understand the financial situation thanks Bosh. Was more of a are there any actual links to players beyond click bait site's.
Conerns on 15:52 - Jun 8 with 1912 viewsToast_R

I clicked on this expecting it to be another short or can't beat the first man pile on.
Login to get fewer ads

Conerns on 16:42 - Jun 8 with 1771 viewsSakura

Conerns on 15:31 - Jun 8 by DubaiR

I wasn't suggesting we should have players in by now, and understand the financial situation thanks Bosh. Was more of a are there any actual links to players beyond click bait site's.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Here is the list of transfers completed so far out of all the teams in England and Scotland

Its not a long list.

You can be sure that a contract offer has gone out to Lewis Wing as the most obvious one and others too no doubt. But its too early to expect that finalised

Patience...

[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 16:44]
Conerns on 17:30 - Jun 8 with 1656 viewsDannyPaddox

A mate who is connected and has been fairly accurate in the past on stuff like managers coming in told me the other week we have £10 million to spend this summer. I was surprised we had anything to spend and remarked “that’s good isn’t it?” He replied “no it’s not” Jaded by the season I couldn’t be arsed to continue the conversation. I’m assuming the £10 million is the transfer budget but maybe its the total club budget … new pitch, new lick of paint, pies, worming tablets for Jude, German phrasebook for Austria, new curtains etc, anything left over we buy a player or two 🤷🏼‍♂️
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 17:32]
Conerns on 17:40 - Jun 8 with 1614 viewsG_Ottershaw

Conerns on 17:30 - Jun 8 by DannyPaddox

A mate who is connected and has been fairly accurate in the past on stuff like managers coming in told me the other week we have £10 million to spend this summer. I was surprised we had anything to spend and remarked “that’s good isn’t it?” He replied “no it’s not” Jaded by the season I couldn’t be arsed to continue the conversation. I’m assuming the £10 million is the transfer budget but maybe its the total club budget … new pitch, new lick of paint, pies, worming tablets for Jude, German phrasebook for Austria, new curtains etc, anything left over we buy a player or two 🤷🏼‍♂️
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 17:32]

"worming tablets for Jude" - that wins post of the day for me, i've always wondered has jude been neutered ?
Conerns on 21:37 - Jun 8 with 1395 viewsDubaiR

Just realised the typo as well doh;) Concerns
Conerns on 22:10 - Jun 8 with 1316 viewsAndybrat

GA says he is getting calls from agents daily, wonder if he is directing to Les? I think we are in a similar position to other clubs with players released etc. Shoot me down ( again) but my view is we will see more interest in our players because they played so below their obvious potential. Actually more than potential because the performances had us top of the league. God ( or Clive) knows what exactly happened and we can all guess but there has to be changes. So frustrating as we were all dreaming and Chris Willock fully fit and motivated with his buddy is a thing of beauty. Don’t know exactly what I am saying but the rot has set in, confidence shot, needs the changes and he will either buy, loan, freebies, build a new team. Ignoring FFP imagine if he could actually bring a few of those with him, Illy, Seny ( he is better than the rest). I am an optimist and a realist, thinking GA mentality is what we needed, personal substance over style, though the ideal is both. I don’t doubt GA’s substance and his style may well depend as much as who he keeps as opposed to totally on who who he buys and sells. The one thing with whoever he buys they will have obvious traits and I think better fitness levels . Rob Dickie classic example, things aren’t good as we don’t play 5 at the back leading to continual questions over his substance. Which I disagree with and suspect will do well at down the M4. Cousin a West Ham fan, heard more from him today ( Warburton fan) than all year. Asked about Seny though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024