Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southgate is Garbage at managing England 12:01 - Jun 20 with 6976 viewsnumptydumpty

There are plenty on here and throughout the country who constantly give this man a consistent hammering about everything he does for the England football team.

Myself personally I find this hard to comprehend.

The guy has done a fantastic job. Quarters, Semis and Final at last three major tournaments and the team spirit and togetherness which Gerrard Lampard Ferdinand era lacked spectacularly, is superb.

That's down to one man. Ie Mr Southgate.

I know what the justifications will be, we not beaten a so called elite side at finals for some time.

But really.

England have some superb attacking talent and also they want to play for Southgate and England.

So you Southgate knockers come on and speak your minds and explain why the man's skills are lacking !!

Am all ears !!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2023 12:03]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 22:55 - Jun 21 with 1263 viewsnumptydumpty

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 06:59 - Jun 21 by distortR

Nah, you came on here to rehash something that's getting boring now.
Some like him, some don't, nothing's changed.
Can we not just leave it at that, rather then getting into insulting people?

There were lots of insults thrown Southgates way in a similar way that Les Ferdinand has endured.

I was just highlighting the nastiness that sometimes happens from posters on here which I think is incredibly poor.

Ok I called such nastiness in a derogatory way by calling it dumbass because a lot of flak is uneducated, undeserved , unkind and mostly without substance.

There is factual evidence that Southgates team are united, play for each other and have been very successful.

We have only ever one international tournament in our history.

With Southgate in charge, we have played decent football, the players play for him and in every competition we have been in, we have been very competitive.

As said just highlighted because the man has done extremely well.

I believe some posters on here are more against as a person rather than his obviously very astute management skills.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 23:03]

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 22:58 - Jun 21 with 1262 viewsnumptydumpty

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 09:36 - Jun 21 by stantheman10

You are an extremely arrogant person to think that only your opinion of Southgate is right and anyone who disagrees is a 'plum' or 'dim dumbass'. You on the other hand are an opinionated pr1ck

Again the abuse Southgate gets is unkind, nasty and unkind. OK I called it dumbass, wrong terms, should have said as previous.

But please refrain from the nastiness.

Self opiniated prick is uncalled for and also nasty.

But as said why the criticism of Southgate. If I hear reasonable arguments as to why he is a total failure, I would clearly respect those ideas.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 23:30]

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 00:53 - Jun 22 with 1194 viewsYorkshirehoop

As is said from the title if the book I'm currently reading, Simon Jordan's be careful what you wish for.
If Southgate leaves who is gonna replace him ? The grass isn't always greener on the other side despite what the Scottish band Travis say.
Knowing the FA we would end up with some big time Charlie from abroad that talks about a project, then we would be back to square one from Coldplay.
Many boys wanted the bread man Warburton out due to poor form at the ass end of his tenure, yet he put us close to success in this league.
Without being disrespectful towards Gareth, who would you rather be in charge ? Mark had a sound knowledge of the game and had a plan.
The injuries we had to put up with were unheard of.
To go through five keepers will be in the Guinness book of world records.
I really hope this post is approved by Benny the ball.
I havnt checked my spelling.commas or spacing but I deliberatley didn't put an apostrophe above the word havnt so you can have a dig.😎
Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 00:55 - Jun 22 with 1190 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 20:25 - Jun 21 by Yorkshirehoop

That's harsh to say that.This is a football forum ffs and didn't think it it was a test of ones use of English literature and punctuation, I made my point saying Southgate is being criticised unjustly and stand by that.I don't have time to check every possible spelling mistake but I really hope this post meets your standards.All capital letters where needed,I even put two commas in there.

Actually, I'm trying to help you because this is a written football forum and I'm genuinely interested in reading your opinion. You could well be making a good point but it will be lost on most who can't be bothered to pick their way through a huge block of text lacking in punctuation. Spaces are your friend (especially between sentences)!

P.S. I've lived in Yorkshire. Folk there are usually direct and to the point. I found it refreshing and more honest than the tip-toeing you get down south.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 0:57]
Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 02:34 - Jun 22 with 1163 viewsnumptydumpty

One of the other comments on this thread was we had in not too distant times won tournaments at under 21 levels and below and why weren't we doing it at senior level.

What the posters failed to understand who was in charge at the younger age levels at that time. Err, it was Gareth Southgate.

I do believe the criticism he gets is more to do with people not taking to his personality ie he is kind of like an accountant cum librarian in character terms and does not come across as the most dynamic of people and I reckon its this bias people are reacting to as against the actual performances and results his teams have been achieving !!!

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 06:28 - Jun 22 with 1134 viewspaulparker

We have had more good times than bad under Southgate but that game against France is the one we didn’t turn up for with Southgate even saying that the players had no belief before the match
That’s his job ultimately to make them believe and he failed
This next tournament will be his last so I hope he goes out and wins it but I can’t see it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 10:03 - Jun 22 with 1079 viewsstantheman10

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 22:58 - Jun 21 by numptydumpty

Again the abuse Southgate gets is unkind, nasty and unkind. OK I called it dumbass, wrong terms, should have said as previous.

But please refrain from the nastiness.

Self opiniated prick is uncalled for and also nasty.

But as said why the criticism of Southgate. If I hear reasonable arguments as to why he is a total failure, I would clearly respect those ideas.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 23:30]

You say I'm being nasty? So you don't regard referring to people as being a 'plum' or 'dim dumbass' as being derogatory? Just because we don't agree with you?
Southgate is not a total failure because he won the Toulon Trophy with England under 21's but other than that as a manager of clubs and country he hasn't won anything.
So 7 years as England manager without winning a trophy makes him a failure to me (other opinions are allowed)..
Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 19:31 - Jun 22 with 1009 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He has unorthodox motivational techniques:

https://talksport.com/football/1470106/gareth-southgate-jack-grealish-man-city-e
Login to get fewer ads

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 08:37 - Jun 23 with 919 viewsHantsR

We're going to see Dear England at the National Theatre soon. A drama about Gareth Southgate that got a 4* review in The Times today. Great cast as well, so looking forward to it. Fwiw I like the bloke.
Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 16:52 - Jun 23 with 870 viewshubble

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 19:31 - Jun 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

He has unorthodox motivational techniques:

https://talksport.com/football/1470106/gareth-southgate-jack-grealish-man-city-e

And a very odd way of expressing himself - from that article:

"“There is a line but in our head we weren’t thinking of including the City players for this game."

Is he referring to his multiple personalities? I was sure he only had one.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 17:07 - Jun 23 with 857 viewskensalriser

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 16:52 - Jun 23 by hubble

And a very odd way of expressing himself - from that article:

"“There is a line but in our head we weren’t thinking of including the City players for this game."

Is he referring to his multiple personalities? I was sure he only had one.

Some would say he doesn't even have one! (Not me, I like the bloke).

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 17:49 - May 2 with 431 viewsJPC

Southgate is Garbage at managing England on 08:37 - Jun 23 by HantsR

We're going to see Dear England at the National Theatre soon. A drama about Gareth Southgate that got a 4* review in The Times today. Great cast as well, so looking forward to it. Fwiw I like the bloke.

Saw it a couple of months ago. Really good. Joseph Fiennes is uncannily realistic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024