Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Captain 10:23 - Jul 16 with 5844 viewsHunterhoop

Has it been announced who the club captain is for next season? With Johansen and Martin leaving, someone new will have to step in. Field has been captain on the pitch a few times when both the above were injured, but I think he was match day captain unless Ainsworth arrived and moved it to Martin.
I love Field and he is a leader, but he’s perhaps not as vocal and motivating as some of the others in the squad may need. I think he leads by example more. So who are the other contenders?

In some of the Austria videos, it looks to me like Dunne and Field are Ainsworth’s two senior pros he talks to about the sessions at the end of them, so guess it will be one of them.

Any other views?
Captain on 08:26 - Jul 17 with 1444 viewsdaveB

I think it will be Jimmy Dunne but imagine Ainsworth will have a leadership group with Field, Dykes and Chair all involved
Captain on 14:28 - Jul 17 with 1276 viewspaulhoop2

Chair has an attitude problem so no from me

I would like to see Albert do it but would not start every game so possibly Jimmy always been a fan of centre half’s being captains. I’ve said it before we have lacked leadership and a decent captain since Steve Palmer. What he did off the pitch is overlooked

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Captain on 14:56 - Jul 17 with 1228 viewsTheChef

Captain on 14:28 - Jul 17 by paulhoop2

Chair has an attitude problem so no from me

I would like to see Albert do it but would not start every game so possibly Jimmy always been a fan of centre half’s being captains. I’ve said it before we have lacked leadership and a decent captain since Steve Palmer. What he did off the pitch is overlooked

Interesting. What's his attitude problem?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Captain on 14:57 - Jul 17 with 1228 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Captain on 15:33 - Jul 17 with 1161 viewspaulhoop2

Captain on 14:56 - Jul 17 by TheChef

Interesting. What's his attitude problem?

By all accounts he was very instrumental in critchley leaving. As spoken about previously in the thread you see how he behaves towards team mates during a match also

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Captain on 11:43 - Jul 18 with 1023 viewsHayesender

Wouldn't be surprised to see Asmir Begović made captain

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Captain on 11:46 - Jul 18 with 1012 viewsdaveB

Captain on 15:33 - Jul 17 by paulhoop2

By all accounts he was very instrumental in critchley leaving. As spoken about previously in the thread you see how he behaves towards team mates during a match also

I think thats just a desire to win rather than an attitude problem
Captain on 12:05 - Jul 18 with 978 viewsdmm

Captain on 11:43 - Jul 18 by Hayesender

Wouldn't be surprised to see Asmir Begović made captain

I'd hope not. Although I'm sure he'd be a good captain, it would be a slap in the face of the likes of Field and Dunne.
Login to get fewer ads

Captain on 12:08 - Jul 18 with 966 viewshubble

Captain on 12:05 - Jul 18 by dmm

I'd hope not. Although I'm sure he'd be a good captain, it would be a slap in the face of the likes of Field and Dunne.

I thought a slap in the face was part of WIld Thing's new management style? 20 mile run followed by a cold shower and a slap in the face. That should sort them out.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Captain on 13:02 - Jul 18 with 886 viewskensalriser

By whose accounts?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Captain on 13:10 - Jul 18 with 858 viewsAntti_Heinola

If we had a squad full of people who could match Illy’s attitide we’d probably win the league.
Absurd defamation of his fantastic character. He tells other players off on the pitch? Diddums.

Bare bones.

Captain on 13:28 - Jul 18 with 815 viewsingeminate

Dunne will be Dunne regardless, blood and guts puts his head in, loud - don't think you lose anything not having him captain. Field has an old head, seems to enjoy team mates respect and given Captain might be a bit more vocal than he would otherwise be.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Captain on 14:27 - Jul 18 with 748 viewsbosh67

This may surprise people but I think it should be Dozzell.

Not really, Dunne or Field for me.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Captain on 14:29 - Jul 18 with 742 viewshubble

Captain on 14:27 - Jul 18 by bosh67

This may surprise people but I think it should be Dozzell.

Not really, Dunne or Field for me.

Doesn't just surprise me, I think that would surprise Dozzell!

Strange choice, I gotta say.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024