Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Tourism 10:58 - Jul 17 with 42107 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jul/16/huge-market-untapped-lack-of-vis

Already on its knees in recent years thanks to the Welsh Govts unnecessarily heavy Covid restrictions, refusal to deal with M4 congestion and seeming intention to actually make getting around in Wales even harder. To top that off we've still got the mooted tourist tax to come.

Is there anything in this country that they can't screw up?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Tourism on 11:44 - Jul 17 with 9517 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ummmmm, the weather?
Welsh Tourism on 12:04 - Jul 17 with 9506 viewsonehunglow

And they are planning a tourist tax.
I can understand why many are out off .
For a start ,it’s not edifying for visitors to read they should simply go away and never contemplate buying a home on Wales .
You can’t treat visitors with contempt and expect them to come along. God forbid they don’t or won’t speak Welsh.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Tourism on 12:17 - Jul 17 with 9499 viewsWingstandwood

I have said before on quite a few occasions that the backward/thicko/ruinous yokels in Cardiff Bay are deliberately turning Wales into an economic/infrastructural/public services backwater.

To think idiots want to give them full power. Could you imagine how many days those yokels would last in the private sector where genuine: ability ambition, drive, accomplishment and end results are appraised? That lot are not "go getters" they are "go wreckers".

Argus!

Welsh Tourism on 12:23 - Jul 17 with 9492 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 12:17 - Jul 17 by Wingstandwood

I have said before on quite a few occasions that the backward/thicko/ruinous yokels in Cardiff Bay are deliberately turning Wales into an economic/infrastructural/public services backwater.

To think idiots want to give them full power. Could you imagine how many days those yokels would last in the private sector where genuine: ability ambition, drive, accomplishment and end results are appraised? That lot are not "go getters" they are "go wreckers".

I read Wales can survive on tourism which is strange after reading this article .
As for water and the beaches,five have been blacklisted for raw sewerage including Swansea ,blaming the incessant rain.
Now, if one were planning a trip,just why would you be arsed .
Nod yw Cymru ar Werth everywhere on Anglesey .

Welsh Tourism on 12:27 - Jul 17 with 9491 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Tourism on 12:17 - Jul 17 by Wingstandwood

The sad thing is, no matter how badly they run Wales they'll still be voted back into power, and they know that, that's why they couldn't give a flying f*ck about what we (the plebs) think.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Tourism on 12:59 - Jul 17 with 9464 viewsWhiterockin

This starts during the peak holiday season, the tourists coming this year my well not come back. To think the Senedd turned down the cash from Westminster to build the alternative route because they thought the M4 was up to the required standard. I don't think many living down west will be voting them back in.

https://www.gov.wales/essential-road-works-take-place-m4
Welsh Tourism on 13:30 - Jul 17 with 9434 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 12:59 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

This starts during the peak holiday season, the tourists coming this year my well not come back. To think the Senedd turned down the cash from Westminster to build the alternative route because they thought the M4 was up to the required standard. I don't think many living down west will be voting them back in.

And as I say earlier,visitors to north Wales are net with signage basically telling them they are not wanted .
Recently, Police found time out from their crime fighting to instigate mass removal of vehicles in Snowdonia for having the temerity to visit and park on the road .
Really, why would they come;snarling ,ignorant local who do their best to make them feel unwelcome, Police looking to for a ticket fest and hate signage .
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 13:31]

Welsh Tourism on 13:42 - Jul 17 with 9420 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Tourism on 12:59 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

Absolute madness and the relief road should be a no brainer.

Public transport is a shambles too.

However, geneal uselessness isn't just the preserve of the Senedd. Ask those who use Southern or Avanti train services. Try getting anywhere by road in East Sussex.

Infrastruture is poor everywhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Tourism on 14:14 - Jul 17 with 9397 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 13:42 - Jul 17 by Gwyn737

However, geneal uselessness isn't just the preserve of the Senedd. Ask those who use Southern or Avanti train services. Try getting anywhere by road in East Sussex.

Not necessarily so, personally I have found many parts of the UK with a decent infrastructure Scotland in particular.
Welsh Tourism on 15:18 - Jul 17 with 9366 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 13:42 - Jul 17 by Gwyn737

Thing is gwyn, Westminster is responsible for English infrastructure, the Senedd is responsible for Welsh infrastructure but try pointing that out to some people. What we normally get is the whataboutery of yes, ah but England, or yes, ah but the tories....

It seems we are not allowed to blame the Senedd for the things they mess up, according to Welsh Labour voters and Drakeford himself seems to be generating problems so he can blame Westminster.
Take the NHS, Drakeford doesn't spend all the Welsh NHS cash on the Welsh NHS yet he says Westminster underfunds it. He spends some of it on elsewhere then blames the tories.

Politicians eh.
Welsh Tourism on 15:21 - Jul 17 with 9361 viewsDr_Winston

The money will be found to increase the size of the Senedd. The money will be found to continue subsidising a bankrupt, empty airport. The money is being found to change thousands of road signs and markings.

There's no shortage of money, just a shortage of sense in what to spend it on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Tourism on 15:29 - Jul 17 with 9358 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 15:21 - Jul 17 by Dr_Winston

The money will be found to increase the size of the Senedd. The money will be found to continue subsidising a bankrupt, empty airport. The money is being found to change thousands of road signs and markings.

There's no shortage of money, just a shortage of sense in what to spend it on.

Yes, they'll waste a lot of money on things that make no sense and/or most people in Wales don't want then complain they are underfunded.

The one thing there is absolutely no shortage of is idiotic politicians.
Welsh Tourism on 16:13 - Jul 17 with 9337 viewsBoundy

Welsh Tourism on 15:29 - Jul 17 by SullutaCreturned

Yes, they'll waste a lot of money on things that make no sense and/or most people in Wales don't want then complain they are underfunded.

The one thing there is absolutely no shortage of is idiotic politicians.

With 65 more to come ,to be fed ,watered and paid fir by the Welsh taxpayer

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Tourism on 16:16 - Jul 17 with 9342 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Back to the OP, the additional restrictions on holiday accommodation won't help.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Welsh Tourism on 17:18 - Jul 17 with 9307 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Tourism on 14:14 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

Not necessarily so, personally I have found many parts of the UK with a decent infrastructure Scotland in particular.

I've only been to Scotland once do didn't realise that.

What do you reckon they've got right?
Welsh Tourism on 17:28 - Jul 17 with 9303 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh Tourism on 16:13 - Jul 17 by Boundy

With 65 more to come ,to be fed ,watered and paid fir by the Welsh taxpayer

Shocking ain't it?..... And we all know that those extra numbers, will not in any way progress Wales, its economy, its infrastructure or future. In fact it'll be a case of the complete and utter intelligence insulting opposite.

And those imbeciles that gloat, celebrate, excuse and ignore Kamikaze-governance obviously must either be a sandwich short of a picnic, incredibly thick, politically warped, spiteful, or have some sadistic pleasure or Nihilistic impulse to see ruination.

Because we all know and bear witness to the bleeding bloody obvious proof/evidence/facts that Wales is decaying and being trodden into the dirt right before our very eyes.

Argus!

Welsh Tourism on 17:50 - Jul 17 with 9285 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 17:28 - Jul 17 by Wingstandwood

Shocking ain't it?..... And we all know that those extra numbers, will not in any way progress Wales, its economy, its infrastructure or future. In fact it'll be a case of the complete and utter intelligence insulting opposite.

And those imbeciles that gloat, celebrate, excuse and ignore Kamikaze-governance obviously must either be a sandwich short of a picnic, incredibly thick, politically warped, spiteful, or have some sadistic pleasure or Nihilistic impulse to see ruination.

Because we all know and bear witness to the bleeding bloody obvious proof/evidence/facts that Wales is decaying and being trodden into the dirt right before our very eyes.

I look forward to anyone trying to counter that

Welsh Tourism on 18:53 - Jul 17 with 9237 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 17:18 - Jul 17 by Gwyn737

I've only been to Scotland once do didn't realise that.

What do you reckon they've got right?

The road network works well and you can get to the main areas easily, around Dundee I find can be a bit of a pain and around Glasgow at rush hour. In the summer the North can be busy with so many doing the NC500. But from England to Glasgow and Edinburgh is really easy and you would be amazed how well the traffic flows.

Public transport is good and linked up. Transport for Scotland seem to have got it right get off a train in a rural area and the bus timetable seems to coincide. Get off a train in rural Wales, West or mid and you can easily wait for an hour or more for a bus. Scottish Public transport seems to be a collective where in Wales there seems to be a train timetable and a bus timetable and they are not planned together.

Just my thoughts while travelling around. England can be hit and miss there.
Welsh Tourism on 19:12 - Jul 17 with 9225 viewsDr_Winston

Welsh Tourism on 18:53 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

The road network works well and you can get to the main areas easily, around Dundee I find can be a bit of a pain and around Glasgow at rush hour. In the summer the North can be busy with so many doing the NC500. But from England to Glasgow and Edinburgh is really easy and you would be amazed how well the traffic flows.

Public transport is good and linked up. Transport for Scotland seem to have got it right get off a train in a rural area and the bus timetable seems to coincide. Get off a train in rural Wales, West or mid and you can easily wait for an hour or more for a bus. Scottish Public transport seems to be a collective where in Wales there seems to be a train timetable and a bus timetable and they are not planned together.

Just my thoughts while travelling around. England can be hit and miss there.

In Wales, the interest in public transport begins and ends in Cardiff.

This is the primary problem here. If the Welsh Government actually gave a shite about anything outside the CF postcode area, then perhaps they wouldn't be making such a mess of the job.

They couldn't care less about the Tourist economy because what the hell is there in Cardiff to interest tourists? As long as people find it easy to move around Cardiff , soon to be easier when millions are gubbed away on the Cardiff Metro, (mockingly called the "South Wales Metro when 95% of it is in Cardiff) then nowhere else matters. People in Cardiff already had an emergency medical centre within an hours flight in Bristol. So where did they decide to site one for Wales? Cardiff. People will die, probably already have as a result of that decision.

Their jobs and the City that is leaching life and money from the rest of Wales are secure. Everyone else can f*ck off, especially because hundreds of thousands of cretins who don't live in those areas will still vote for them anyway.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 19:31]

Welsh Tourism on 19:24 - Jul 17 with 9186 viewsunion_jack

Welsh Tourism on 17:50 - Jul 17 by onehunglow

I look forward to anyone trying to counter that

The fact is, it can’t. I’ve not seen such a brilliant, to-the-point post on this subject ever.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh Tourism on 19:52 - Jul 17 with 9172 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 19:24 - Jul 17 by union_jack

The fact is, it can’t. I’ve not seen such a brilliant, to-the-point post on this subject ever.

Yep,epic really.
I’d keep. id keep my mouth shut if I were an Indy boy

Welsh Tourism on 20:17 - Jul 17 with 9150 viewsBoundy

Welsh Tourism on 19:52 - Jul 17 by onehunglow

Yep,epic really.

We'll see

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Tourism on 20:23 - Jul 17 with 9145 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 19:52 - Jul 17 by onehunglow

Yep,epic really.

He's never let facts get in his way before. People with an agenda live in a hole and can't see the light. Sometimes they need to open your eyes and concider the alternative, it may broaden their mind.
Welsh Tourism on 20:31 - Jul 17 with 9137 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 20:23 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

He's never let facts get in his way before. People with an agenda live in a hole and can't see the light. Sometimes they need to open your eyes and concider the alternative, it may broaden their mind.

In fairness facts are often different to reality .
If one is fixated,objectivity is impossible

Welsh Tourism on 20:37 - Jul 17 with 9125 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 20:31 - Jul 17 by onehunglow

In fairness facts are often different to reality .
If one is fixated,objectivity is impossible

One man's reality is another man's hallucination.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024