Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EGM 18:35 - Jul 24 with 106269 viewsHullDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/notice-of-egm/
EGM on 22:44 - Aug 1 with 3546 viewsSandyman

So, does the admitted failure to advise numerous shareholders of the EGM within the required timespan ("a small number of names appeared to have fallen off the list") now question the legitimacy / validity of the date of the EGM? (legal stuff posted earlier in the thread).

Also, yet to see any correspondence from the club advising that a Special Resolution requires a 75% vote in favour to be carried, something shareholders are entitled to know.

That, and no information on the finances is shoddy at best. Is Frank Spencer running the club?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 22:45]
EGM on 23:12 - Aug 1 with 3476 viewsDalenet

EGM on 18:06 - Aug 1 by R17ALE

Same here. It's really poor from the club. I've always had every other email due on time.

EDIT: Have emailed the COO, but I really shouldn't have to.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 18:11]

Two of us in the same boat and was told GD would be in touch - that was last Wednesday. No sign of it yet.
EGM on 23:13 - Aug 1 with 3469 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 22:44 - Aug 1 by Sandyman

So, does the admitted failure to advise numerous shareholders of the EGM within the required timespan ("a small number of names appeared to have fallen off the list") now question the legitimacy / validity of the date of the EGM? (legal stuff posted earlier in the thread).

Also, yet to see any correspondence from the club advising that a Special Resolution requires a 75% vote in favour to be carried, something shareholders are entitled to know.

That, and no information on the finances is shoddy at best. Is Frank Spencer running the club?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 22:45]

It's now at the stage where the lack of detail and failure to remedy the administrative shortcomings looks like a deliberate attempt to gerrymander the vote

You'd think George Delves would've got tired of receiving email after email, asking why shareholders hadn't received the statutory notification of EGM, but instead of making sure the shareholder list was properly maintained and those tasked with sending the EGM email instructed accordingly, several days after i made that enquiry it's still happening

TomRAFC has made quite a point with regard to his incompetence, and i can just imagine some fans groaning with displeasure at reading it, and thinking of all kinds of excuses

The time for excuses is over. The future of our club is at stake, the clock is ticking...

[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 23:20]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EGM on 06:48 - Aug 2 with 3263 viewsTalkingSutty

EGM on 23:13 - Aug 1 by D_Alien

It's now at the stage where the lack of detail and failure to remedy the administrative shortcomings looks like a deliberate attempt to gerrymander the vote

You'd think George Delves would've got tired of receiving email after email, asking why shareholders hadn't received the statutory notification of EGM, but instead of making sure the shareholder list was properly maintained and those tasked with sending the EGM email instructed accordingly, several days after i made that enquiry it's still happening

TomRAFC has made quite a point with regard to his incompetence, and i can just imagine some fans groaning with displeasure at reading it, and thinking of all kinds of excuses

The time for excuses is over. The future of our club is at stake, the clock is ticking...

They get away with this because nobody is holding them to account. The individual fans who complain face to face, via email or on social media are seen as scaremongering or rabble rousers and as we have seen over the last week or so, they are even lucky to receive a reply from the club. This is supposedly a fan owned club but its as far removed from that as it was when Bottomley was running it and anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

The Shareholders are treated like idiots and ignored and rules on time limits, financial transparency etc might as well not be there. The shareholders are putting up with it though at a time when the club is at it's lowest ebb so we reap what we sow. Even the manager admits we aren't ready to start the new season. It's a shambles from top to bottom.

A few discerning voices at a fans forum won't change anything, the only vehicle that will bring about change is the Supporters Trust and they have no appetite for it. I said in a previous post, leave them all to it and that's where I'm now at, concentrate on other things instead. We've had enough stress over the last few years and we're now back to square one, probably in a even worse position. Once you've outlined your concerns to the club and the Trust there is little else you can do as a individual, if you've done that then at least you've done something and not stayed quiet. It also needs to be remembered that not all fans are concerned and some remain supportive of those running the club..
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 7:24]
EGM on 08:37 - Aug 2 with 3080 viewsNewbury_Dale

To say that the club don't have a complete, up-to-date database of their shareholders' contact details speaks for their complete unprofessionalism. The only person with any iota of competence within the club at present appears to be Mr Dale Bars.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 8:38]
EGM on 08:59 - Aug 2 with 3019 viewsBillyRudd

EGM on 23:13 - Aug 1 by D_Alien

I don,t disagree D,Alien (never thought I would write that) There are just too many red flags surrounding this EGM. If this forum is in any degree representative of shareholders notifications then the legitimacy of the vote itself must be called into question.
From reluctance of the two directors to make a case, silence from the remaining board, off field performance and a manager who states we are not ready for the season, it appears to be a complete shambles. D,Alien won,t like the phrase but we are sleepwalking again.
EGM on 09:13 - Aug 2 with 2971 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

EGM on 06:48 - Aug 2 by TalkingSutty

They get away with this because nobody is holding them to account. The individual fans who complain face to face, via email or on social media are seen as scaremongering or rabble rousers and as we have seen over the last week or so, they are even lucky to receive a reply from the club. This is supposedly a fan owned club but its as far removed from that as it was when Bottomley was running it and anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

The Shareholders are treated like idiots and ignored and rules on time limits, financial transparency etc might as well not be there. The shareholders are putting up with it though at a time when the club is at it's lowest ebb so we reap what we sow. Even the manager admits we aren't ready to start the new season. It's a shambles from top to bottom.

A few discerning voices at a fans forum won't change anything, the only vehicle that will bring about change is the Supporters Trust and they have no appetite for it. I said in a previous post, leave them all to it and that's where I'm now at, concentrate on other things instead. We've had enough stress over the last few years and we're now back to square one, probably in a even worse position. Once you've outlined your concerns to the club and the Trust there is little else you can do as a individual, if you've done that then at least you've done something and not stayed quiet. It also needs to be remembered that not all fans are concerned and some remain supportive of those running the club..

Very worrying TS.

For our recent history read the ‘Tomorrow can’t come quick enough thread’.

How we laughed at them doing nothing!

At least they ‘enjoyed the ride’, we are enduring death by a thousand cuts.

If there are bacon butties at the EGM and free pies at Hartlepool, then it really is over.

AFC bury FC are probably ahead of us at the minute, as they are at least coming out of the other side.

Now that is worrying.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

EGM on 11:24 - Aug 2 with 2760 viewsHopwoodblue

EGM on 06:48 - Aug 2 by TalkingSutty

They have no interest or appetite in running RAFC, it’s just a waiting game for someone to turn up
with a few quid to pay them back. Don’t be so sure they won’t sell to just anyone. I think anybody willing to pay them the going rate will seal the deal regardless.
I think thats were they are at right now. We are not ready for the season because I don’t think they thought they had to look that far ahead.
They are not approachable people especially SG.
It’s ok strutting around being RAFC chairman but you have to earnthe right to do that.
I remember talking to Chris Dunphy in the Blue Ball just before Hill came back we spent a good 15 mins chatting and without him giving anything away he was quite happy to hear your thoughts and views.
That’s what we were all about a friendly run club right to the very top.
Now it’s us and them.
Like I said last time the forums now are like being in the headmasters office for being naughty.
You are told the way it’s going to be with none of your opinions even taken into consideration.
I’m done with it all. You won’t see me anywhere near the place until this state of affairs is sorted out.
Like I said before how can we not be ready for non league football ?
It’s a complete disgrace !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Login to get fewer ads

EGM on 11:42 - Aug 2 with 2668 viewsDrigdale

Perhaps because I no longer live in the town my opinion is different.
I watch interviews by the players and to a man they state this pre season has been the best and they are more prepared than ever before. Sure the squad is a bit light at the moment but by all accounts there are signings in the offing. There are promising signs under McNulty.
As regards the request for security for a loan by the Chairman and Director, I don't blame them in the slightest. Perhaps they are not as high profile as past directors but in my mind they helped save the Club and are doing their hardest to help it survive. The recent e mail from the Trust about the potential investors wanting to build a hotel etc only confirms that we currently have people in charge who care. Yes they may have made a few mistakes but none of us are perfect. I will certainly back their proposal in the short term as I know my friends will.
EGM on 11:54 - Aug 2 with 2628 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/simongaugerichardknightmessage_2507

'The offer of a loan is up to shareholders to approve or reject, but it is there with the motivation of relieving immediate cash flow pressures for a period of time, so that the Club is not forced to go with the first investor that comes along. Instead, this would allow the time to find the best investor for the long-term sustainability of the Club.'

This doesn't look like the comment of someone planning to cash in by selling to however comes along regardless of how they will look after the Club. Unless of course SG and RK are engineering it so the it's a no vote, so when they sell to a payroll company with no clients it will be all our faults for not accepting their generous offer. Surely no one really believes that is their little scheme.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

EGM on 12:03 - Aug 2 with 2583 viewskel

EGM on 11:42 - Aug 2 by Drigdale

Perhaps because I no longer live in the town my opinion is different.
I watch interviews by the players and to a man they state this pre season has been the best and they are more prepared than ever before. Sure the squad is a bit light at the moment but by all accounts there are signings in the offing. There are promising signs under McNulty.
As regards the request for security for a loan by the Chairman and Director, I don't blame them in the slightest. Perhaps they are not as high profile as past directors but in my mind they helped save the Club and are doing their hardest to help it survive. The recent e mail from the Trust about the potential investors wanting to build a hotel etc only confirms that we currently have people in charge who care. Yes they may have made a few mistakes but none of us are perfect. I will certainly back their proposal in the short term as I know my friends will.

Hey, if you’re happy with how the board view supporters then fair play to you.

Some of us view it very differently though and this rod they’ve made for their own back is their doing and nobody else’s. We’re going nowhere fast under their stewardship and I’ll be voting no via both the trust and a proxy unless I can make it on the night. If that means starting from scratch without this lot then so be it. bury, despite their factions, have shown it can be done.
EGM on 12:21 - Aug 2 with 2523 viewsDrigdale

I'm an ex Bank Manager so in my world asking for security for a loan is the norm. I don't think there is anything wrong is utilising an asset i.e. our ground so long as it is managed correctly. That is the difficult part.
As for going down the Bury route, I hope not. I followed those developments and personally don't think we could survive a split fanbase. We struggle with a united one.
In the end we all want what is best for the club and supporters.
In a way people having different opinions is what makes us stronger. It doesn't half make it complicated though.
EGM on 12:53 - Aug 2 with 2387 viewskel

EGM on 12:21 - Aug 2 by Drigdale

I'm an ex Bank Manager so in my world asking for security for a loan is the norm. I don't think there is anything wrong is utilising an asset i.e. our ground so long as it is managed correctly. That is the difficult part.
As for going down the Bury route, I hope not. I followed those developments and personally don't think we could survive a split fanbase. We struggle with a united one.
In the end we all want what is best for the club and supporters.
In a way people having different opinions is what makes us stronger. It doesn't half make it complicated though.

I’ve nothing against the idea of a loan if that’s what’s needed. I have got an issue with the way this board treat supporters/shareholders though.

We’re nowhere near as split as bury fans are/were.
EGM on 13:01 - Aug 2 with 2350 viewsSuddenLad

EGM on 15:29 - Aug 1 by judd

Email info@daletrust.co.uk to let them know you have not received it

Still no E-mail. Looks like I've fallen of a different list. Not good.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

EGM on 13:28 - Aug 2 with 2267 viewsDrigdale

EGM on 12:53 - Aug 2 by kel

I’ve nothing against the idea of a loan if that’s what’s needed. I have got an issue with the way this board treat supporters/shareholders though.

We’re nowhere near as split as bury fans are/were.

Agree we are more united than Bury fans, thankfully.
EGM on 13:29 - Aug 2 with 2263 viewsDrigdale

Its also nice to see that we have sold over 2000 season cards.
EGM on 13:37 - Aug 2 with 2214 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 13:01 - Aug 2 by SuddenLad

Given the email i received last Friday from the Trust asking if i'd like to join, and my immediate reply explaining that i have an email from Col which confirms my membership renewal in May this year plus signing up to automated renewal, an acknowledgement is expected. I fully realise the work is voluntary, so i'm being patient

If, as a result of not being acknowledged, i lose the opportunity to vote in the Trust EGM ballot i'm not quite sure yet what my reaction will be. This needs to be sorted right from the very top of the Trust. I must say, the timing of all this just looks a bit strange

EGM on 13:47 - Aug 2 with 2166 views442Dale

Still retain the belief that the Trust should have called their own EGM to help ensure as many concerns as possible are addressed regarding any vote by members on the club’s EGM proposals.

The extent of the doubt and uncertainty is enough reason alone to at least offer the opportunity for members to attend a meeting.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

EGM on 13:55 - Aug 2 with 2127 viewsPeaky

EGM on 13:01 - Aug 2 by SuddenLad

Me too. Sent them an email
EGM on 14:03 - Aug 2 with 2085 viewsjudd

EGM on 13:37 - Aug 2 by D_Alien

Given the email i received last Friday from the Trust asking if i'd like to join, and my immediate reply explaining that i have an email from Col which confirms my membership renewal in May this year plus signing up to automated renewal, an acknowledgement is expected. I fully realise the work is voluntary, so i'm being patient

If, as a result of not being acknowledged, i lose the opportunity to vote in the Trust EGM ballot i'm not quite sure yet what my reaction will be. This needs to be sorted right from the very top of the Trust. I must say, the timing of all this just looks a bit strange

The issue with the Trust email will be investigated tomorrow morning. The sender of the newsletter did not receive the email in their own inbox and is currently on holiday.

Poll: What is it to be then?

EGM on 14:58 - Aug 2 with 1939 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 14:03 - Aug 2 by judd

The issue with the Trust email will be investigated tomorrow morning. The sender of the newsletter did not receive the email in their own inbox and is currently on holiday.

Appreciated, but my issue is with my membership, which appears to have "fallen off the list"

EGM on 15:07 - Aug 2 with 1908 viewsjudd

EGM on 14:58 - Aug 2 by D_Alien

Appreciated, but my issue is with my membership, which appears to have "fallen off the list"

It may very will be an associated IT issue. It will be sorted.

Poll: What is it to be then?

EGM on 15:38 - Aug 2 with 1803 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 15:07 - Aug 2 by judd

It may very will be an associated IT issue. It will be sorted.

I'm trusting it will

EGM on 16:51 - Aug 2 with 1613 viewsRAFCBLUE

EGM on 09:58 - Jul 29 by judd

A poll vote can be called if a minimum 5 members so vote.
This takes into account number of shares an individual has.. I think there is a formula applied but works in favour of larger shareholdings.

I believe all EGM's have used the poll vote method since 2016 onwards and an appointment as a proxy is deemed power to demand the poll.

A factual observation is that the last time the ground was used as security in March 2016 (for a significant loan from the Council) that no shareholder approval was sought by the then Board. I do wonder if it had been whether that loan would been passed or not.

It is inevitable that a poll vote will be called for by shareholders and if so that will mean that the bigger shareholders have a bigger say proportionate to their shareholding.

We know that there are just under one million shares in issue and that the major shareholdings were transparently set out as recently as April 2023 so give a good guide that the top 10 is just under 700,000 shares.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/notification-of-available-shares--

When you need 75% to pass such a motion that will mean that that listing will have the largest say in passing or rejecting the motion.

I assume the Trust will split its vote for and against in line with its' member's wishes as it did on the night Bottomley was ousted so some of the 131,391 shares will be for it, unless there is a 100% rejection by the membership.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

EGM on 16:55 - Aug 2 with 1590 viewsRAFCBLUE

EGM on 13:47 - Aug 2 by 442Dale

Still retain the belief that the Trust should have called their own EGM to help ensure as many concerns as possible are addressed regarding any vote by members on the club’s EGM proposals.

The extent of the doubt and uncertainty is enough reason alone to at least offer the opportunity for members to attend a meeting.

Any shareholder(s) can call an EGM providing they achieve a requisite threshold. It is a common tactic by activist shareholders.

The Trust have proved this is possible already in 2021 when they took on Bottomley and Rawlinson and the "law of the land" to prompt an EGM so it is wholly possible by small shareholders.

That said, the other shareholders get to vote so if something is proposed that is then voted against then it is a bit of a waste of everyone's time but well within a shareholders rights to try, if they so wished.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024