Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum 7pm tonight 18:13 - Sep 18 with 10985 viewshubble

live feed:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 10:27 - Sep 19 with 1559 viewsRs_Holy

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 10:15 - Sep 19 by stevec

The cost of restructuring this stadium wouldn’t add a penny to its value and, as they’ve admitted in a roundabout way, it’s impossible to add any significant extra seating, which is the main income generator from fans.

Take a picture this year, it’ll be the same picture you’ll take 10 years from now.

Correct! However Lee Hoos said last year (I think it was last year) that the majority of first time visitors to Loftus Road are NOT likely to return because of leg room and facilities issues...
We've covered options for developing Loftus Road a lot in the Linford Christie thread but I reckon re-building the 2 main stands (if done properly) could provide no loss in capacity, double the corporate boxes, more leg room, no restricted views...
BUT! It all depends on the council allowing the South Africa Road Stand to go deeper and a little higher!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 12:09]
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 10:44 - Sep 19 with 1499 viewswombat

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 19:33 - Sep 18 by Lanhoop

Ben Williams is impressive.

had a chat to him after the event finsihes , defo a big help for the club so far one minor hamstring injury cook at boro this time last season 7 thats one hell of a turn around , very intresting guy to speak to at length , has some great ideas for the club and how things should be happening ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 11:22 - Sep 19 with 1415 viewsQPRConor2000

re the stadium; Maybe the Council said they would be more supportive of the option of redeveloping LR than we think.

I personally think the cost of building a 30k seat stadium these days would be a lot, especially with land prices in London being so expensive.

My guess is that the Board done some sort of informal analysis and decided that the costs for the project would be far too great and that there was no guarantee we would fill it, hence the decision to stick with LR.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 12:44 - Sep 19 with 1307 viewsR_from_afar

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 09:05 - Sep 19 by TK1

Or we could just take it at face value: that after a decade of chasing different options for new stadiums at some cost - OOC, LCS - and either hitting dead-ends or, as they last night admitted, speaking too soon and spooking the horses, they have concluded that the best option after all is some redevelopment of the current stadium. I don't see why that is so hard to believe. They have been on quite a journey over the last decade: when they were publishing fancy brochures about a new stadium in Old Oak ten years ago, they were also buying Brazilian WC winners and two-for-one Chileans on loan. They aren't doing that anymore either.

They could easily be talking to the council about redeveloping one or more stands, compulsory purchases, road closures, tweaking White City, eating the Powerleague pitches - who knows? Or it could be nothing like as extensive. But the enormous developments on SAR over the last 5-10 years makes anything feasible, really. And seeing the Brentford stadium on a tiny footprint aligned with all that now has grown around it is an eye-opener. I lived opposite Highbury in the 90s and Arsenal did a huge and annoyingly noisy refurb on that stadium then: within a decade they'd built a brand new stadium up the road anyway. Things change. Maybe OOC is ten, 15 years away and until then we get a remodel.

"Or we could just take it at face value".

Yes, why don't we do this for once and spare ourselves a ton of grief. Sometimes, there really isn't a hidden agenda, sometimes, people are honest.

Times change, the best plans change too. Sticking to a plan when circumstances change is not sensible. The plan for the training ground changed, and yes, that was a real slog and too slow, but ultimately, the solution appears to be all the better for changing tack.

The club and the economy is in a different place to where it was when there was first talk of doing something with the stadium. Then, there seemed to be a chance we might spend a few seasons in the Premiership and there wasn't a cost of living crisis and high inflation. Now, hamstrung by FFP and with our player development side only now showing some signs of doing what it's supposed to, we are really not close to going up. Much as it pains me to say it, if I'm being honest, I think we're probably years away from needing a much larger stadium. We'd need to go up and stay up for a while, to get established.

It sounds to me as if the owners have looked at options for building a new stadium somewhere other than Loftus Road and have come to the conclusion that it's simply too difficult and too costly. I wonder if the sheer amount of time it would take is also a factor; it took over nine years to build the Amex from the point at which planning permission was granted, and that's a greenfield site.

The other issue with a brand new site is one we have seen flare up on here regularly over the years: There is absolutely no consensus on which potential locations are acceptable. Unless the new stadium could be in Shepherd's Bush - surely impossible - there would be the risk of alienating a lot of our fans.

Dave, thank you for the notes about the forum. I actually think that was an open and positive session and I think we now know more about the owners' plans.

I do want the new DoF to be installed by the end of the year. It's been three months since Les left and if we go on too long before we onboard someone, we start to make a rod for their back because we will have been seen to have coped without one.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 12:58 - Sep 19 with 1279 viewsHayesender

I'm glad we're gonna be staying at Loftus Road for at least my lifetime, but I wonder what the logistics and cost would be to have the roofing Cantilevered?

It would make a hell of a difference getting rid of the posts

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 15:29 - Sep 19 with 1090 viewskensalriser

Perhaps they've come to the conclusion that stupid money could be spunked on a new stadium but we'd still be in the same position of not being able to invest any more in players. I don't agree with the argument that we don't need any more seats because we're not selling out now, the main reason we're not selling out (other than being shit) is because the stadium is old and uncomfortable, meaning that only hardcore fans will put up with it.

Any renovations will be relatively minor I reckon, much as I would like to see a brand new stadium on the same site.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 18:01 - Sep 19 with 934 viewsmart_Goblin

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 15:29 - Sep 19 by kensalriser

Perhaps they've come to the conclusion that stupid money could be spunked on a new stadium but we'd still be in the same position of not being able to invest any more in players. I don't agree with the argument that we don't need any more seats because we're not selling out now, the main reason we're not selling out (other than being shit) is because the stadium is old and uncomfortable, meaning that only hardcore fans will put up with it.

Any renovations will be relatively minor I reckon, much as I would like to see a brand new stadium on the same site.

I don't agree with the argument that we don't need any more seats because we're not selling out now, the main reason we're not selling out (other than being shit) is because the stadium is old and uncomfortable, meaning that only hardcore fans will put up with it.

Yeah this point is nonsense . With one or 2 exceptions a new stadium increases footfall by a huge amount . Reading at Elm Park were a prime example . Average crowd of under 6000…but went up and stayed (mostly) over double that .

Because the experience is more comfortable and enjoyable .

Redeveloping LR sounds amazing …but in reality I just can’t see how it will be done and it does seem the extra revenue will not gained in more seats and that’s a shame .
I do know for a fact that we have enquired about the land the school is on and making the school end much bigger .

Lord knows if anything will come of it
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 10:10 - Sep 20 with 707 viewsHoopsie

Why is redevelopment of LR kept a secret until now?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 13:09 - Sep 20 with 619 viewsQPRConor2000

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 10:10 - Sep 20 by Hoopsie

Why is redevelopment of LR kept a secret until now?

My guess is that they did not want the same mistakes happening again when they say they want to do something.

I think they overplayed their hand for the OOC and LC Stadium sites in the past and it caused rows with the council and Cargiant and they did not want to reveal anything until now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024