Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum 7pm tonight 18:13 - Sep 18 with 10989 viewshubble

live feed:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 23:07 - Sep 18 with 2123 viewsdaveB

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:50 - Sep 18 by connell10

But everyone was saying Loftus Road was the mill stone around our necks dragging us down and we had to move or basically we are doomed. Now it's a complete turn around...I get things change but this is a incredible about face.

If they could move they would have done, looks like they are out of options if they are going to do something at LR now
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 23:09 - Sep 18 with 2116 viewsNortholt_Rs

Champions of Europe!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 23:12 - Sep 18 with 2101 viewsDejR_vu

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 19:47 - Sep 18 by BushRanger82

Sounds like every other fans forum there's ever been.
Complete waste of time.
Queen's Park Rangers have been around since 1886.
We have won only one major honour in all that time.

Can somebody ask them whether the club will start working towards dignifying what is a truly shite honours list?

I thought it was very good, in terms of the questions, answers and personnel. It left me a little more optimistic.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 23:12 - Sep 18 with 2097 viewsNortholt_Rs

Tbh I’m not sure what I expected from tonight….
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 23:13]

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 23:14 - Sep 18 with 2082 viewsNortholt_Rs

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:55 - Sep 18 by BrianMcCarthy

But he was a minority shareholder, no?

Yes but he was a majority gobshíte.

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 23:22 - Sep 18 with 2049 viewsDejR_vu

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:37 - Sep 18 by LongsufferingR

Could it be the case that Fernandes was the one really pushing the idea of moving all along, and now that he's gone the others are looking at the obvious alternative?

Just more hot air from TF, it was all just a huge vanity project to him

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 23:32 - Sep 18 with 2019 viewsNorthernr

It certainly wasn't the content and tone you'd expect from a team that's posted our results over the last 18 months.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 23:57 - Sep 18 with 1946 viewsdaveB

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 23:32 - Sep 18 by Northernr

It certainly wasn't the content and tone you'd expect from a team that's posted our results over the last 18 months.

I thought it was going to be far worse than it was but goes to show for all the noise on social media it's very different when they are sat in front of you.. when you hear from Amit about his feelings towards the club etc it's difficult to want to stand up and say you are all w ankers

The fitness bit was very interesting, thought they did it quite well getting other people up rather than let Hoos just talk
Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 00:09 - Sep 19 with 1914 viewsPunteR

Bit of honesty about the stadium, ? A reality check?.
I don't think they have anything up there sleeves either. My guess is they will just keep us ticking over in the championship and L1 for the foreseeable and maybe hope we get lucky at some point along the way.
I thought there was a bit of a dig aimed at the Fernandes era about letting out too much information regarding the stadium. It still bugs me that they released the architect drawings and plans for a new stadium. I remember posting it on FB like a mug.
I didn't watch the whole thing but what I saw was ok. Decent questions. The bit about getting the support base from the local area was a good point . Could have discussed it more as its a topic the club have recently been thinking about, According to Bhatia..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 01:30 - Sep 19 with 1838 viewsrbee

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:55 - Sep 18 by BrianMcCarthy

But he was a minority shareholder, no?

Only for the past few years, he was the majority shareholder through the crazy years of course
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 02:15 - Sep 19 with 1789 viewsSydneyRs

Haven't watched it all but the bits I have seen are really positive. The stuff on fitness was interesting and obviously the ground. If they could make staying at LR work then great.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 04:32 - Sep 19 with 1714 viewsozexile

I haven't watched it all but for me the answers were all standard answers that we knew the answer to anyway. One bit I saw did irk me and that was when Gareth was talking about potential signings. And I quote "People are telling me we don't score enough goals".
Treat us like adults please.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 05:49 - Sep 19 with 1681 viewsbarbicanranger

Really enjoyed that FF. The stadium news was the significant take-away for me and the faces on all four was telling when the Taylor Richards question was asked. I think GA demonstrated some solid man management at that point.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 06:21 - Sep 19 with 1648 viewsDeanoMD

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:55 - Sep 18 by ted_hendrix

That's It now a zillion threads to follow on the subject of 'digging down' 'digging up' 'moving the lower loft towards Pimlico' 'lack of parking' 'the club shop Is shit and the tills don't work' 'I'm never going again' 'the new pricing Is all wrong and I can't sit with my best mate anymore' 'we still need a 20 goal a season striker' 'there's a big structual column right In front of my seat' 'the leg room Is terrible' 'my pie was cold'

'my pie was cold'

Brilliant......:)
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 07:14 - Sep 19 with 1565 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 01:30 - Sep 19 by rbee

Only for the past few years, he was the majority shareholder through the crazy years of course

That's my point. I don't see the notion that TF was the only one pushing a move, he's not been the majority shareholdder for some time now, certainly not during the LCS push.

This is an about-turn, and a very interesting one. I find the appearance of RG last night interesting too, and struggle to find it coincidental that he attended on the night of the about-turn, and that he spoke rather than LH, who has always told us staying was impossible.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 07:15 - Sep 19 with 1559 viewsSK_hoops

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 19:57 - Sep 18 by Juzzie

Plenty have done far worse than us and never won a major trophy or even got to a final.
For example, 23 clubs have won the League Cup.

To put it another way, only two of four West London clubs have ever won a trophy.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 08:03 - Sep 19 with 1455 viewsRs_Holy

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 00:09 - Sep 19 by PunteR

Bit of honesty about the stadium, ? A reality check?.
I don't think they have anything up there sleeves either. My guess is they will just keep us ticking over in the championship and L1 for the foreseeable and maybe hope we get lucky at some point along the way.
I thought there was a bit of a dig aimed at the Fernandes era about letting out too much information regarding the stadium. It still bugs me that they released the architect drawings and plans for a new stadium. I remember posting it on FB like a mug.
I didn't watch the whole thing but what I saw was ok. Decent questions. The bit about getting the support base from the local area was a good point . Could have discussed it more as its a topic the club have recently been thinking about, According to Bhatia..

Probably right PunteR given the £2 Mill a month to keep things ticking over scenario ...
But if you could re-build the 2 main stands (particularly the SA Stand) then the ability to generate extra cash on non match days would be more realistic. If you could build that stand going back as close the the road as possible it would mean many more bars/restaurants/function rooms etc could be accommodated.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 08:16 - Sep 19 with 1430 viewsdaveB

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 07:14 - Sep 19 by BrianMcCarthy

That's my point. I don't see the notion that TF was the only one pushing a move, he's not been the majority shareholdder for some time now, certainly not during the LCS push.

This is an about-turn, and a very interesting one. I find the appearance of RG last night interesting too, and struggle to find it coincidental that he attended on the night of the about-turn, and that he spoke rather than LH, who has always told us staying was impossible.

Hoos did say at last years fans forum that staying was now an option and being looked at

Agree with you on Fernandes, of course he wanted the move but they all did
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 09:04 - Sep 19 with 1351 viewsMedwayR

I do wonder if OOC may become an option again in light of the government’s mismanagement of HS2, the development opportunities may fizzle out giving us the chance to buy up some land. I can only see Loftus Road being redeveloped if the school becomes available, otherwise it’ll be sticking plasters until further notice.

Poll: Who’s better?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 09:05 - Sep 19 with 1346 viewsTK1

Or we could just take it at face value: that after a decade of chasing different options for new stadiums at some cost - OOC, LCS - and either hitting dead-ends or, as they last night admitted, speaking too soon and spooking the horses, they have concluded that the best option after all is some redevelopment of the current stadium. I don't see why that is so hard to believe. They have been on quite a journey over the last decade: when they were publishing fancy brochures about a new stadium in Old Oak ten years ago, they were also buying Brazilian WC winners and two-for-one Chileans on loan. They aren't doing that anymore either.

They could easily be talking to the council about redeveloping one or more stands, compulsory purchases, road closures, tweaking White City, eating the Powerleague pitches - who knows? Or it could be nothing like as extensive. But the enormous developments on SAR over the last 5-10 years makes anything feasible, really. And seeing the Brentford stadium on a tiny footprint aligned with all that now has grown around it is an eye-opener. I lived opposite Highbury in the 90s and Arsenal did a huge and annoyingly noisy refurb on that stadium then: within a decade they'd built a brand new stadium up the road anyway. Things change. Maybe OOC is ten, 15 years away and until then we get a remodel.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 09:17 - Sep 19 with 1323 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 08:16 - Sep 19 by daveB

Hoos did say at last years fans forum that staying was now an option and being looked at

Agree with you on Fernandes, of course he wanted the move but they all did

Thanks Dave, I was trying to recall who mentioned it before.

This feels different, though, this is now the "best idea for us" and LCS is "very, very remote".

This subject was always going to come up last night. Knowing that, It strikes me as strange that RG would then show up, face the inevitable question, announce the huge change in direction that we're staying put (one of the biggest in our history), that we're not adding more seats, that talks have been ongoing for two years, and for LH to then add that we're not giving out any more information.

If they didn't want to give away any more information, why did RG show up. Surely LH could have batted it away again safely.

None of this makes any sense at all from a strategic point of view, and it's quite possible that it's more negotiating in public and that we're the conduit and not the intended audience.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 09:40 - Sep 19 with 1270 viewsmart_Goblin

I rather enjoyed the forum.

I would agree that certain things were skimmed over / ignored like home form, Willock and the lack of goals by GA in particular .

But I for one thought the positivity was very pleasing but not surprised to see and read negativity following it . Clive talked about certain members of the staff over the last few years being ‘QPR’d’ and I think some of the fan base are past the point of no return regarding the club and whatever message it gives or what they are trying to achieve . Some are fans but not really supporters and that’s sad .

I must say that I can’t help warming to Ruben and Amit in particular. There is no arrogance there and what feels like no bullshit too. My caveat to that is many moons ago having that same feeling about TF and people like Clive and Steve Sayce warning me that he was dangerous for our club as he made promises he couldn’t keep, was a media whore and wanted to be liked . It took me a few years but they were right and I was wrong .
The difference now is that Amit and Ruben are grounded , remain in the background and don’t seem to want run before they can walk . Arguably , after this much time they should be well and truly ‘walking’ by now but Amit admitting they took stock at the end of last season and questioned everything including themselves and that is something I do believe .

Lee Hoos is weird one. He comes across and belligerent and disrespectful at times and I still think he is a bit brow beaten despite him saying his job is not stressful . However, he is not here to make friends like Tony was. He is here to make sure we are sustainable. He took his eye off the ball to let Warbs and Les dream big for 5 mins and it burnt us and him . Ultimately he has done a lot of what he set out to do so blaming him for results and performance etc is bonkers .
He sent me mad last night, when the question was about the local community and the next gen of fans coming . He implied that the questioner was in his last meeting jokingly as that was the main agenda ….aaaaaaahhhhh!!! The fans have been asking him for years to do more to make us centre of the community, give us a presence and find ways to get the local residents in on match days and he laughed in our faces . Strange bloke .

He said one thing though …that if the owners decided to walk away …we’re insolvent …finished .

So we have no choice but to take a leap of faith , which I know is impossible for some , and support what’s happening on and off the pitch . There are certainly visible signs and building blocks already in place . I just hope that GA can keep us up with such a wafer thin squad .
It’s going to be close I think
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 09:49 - Sep 19 with 1251 viewsdaveB

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 09:17 - Sep 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks Dave, I was trying to recall who mentioned it before.

This feels different, though, this is now the "best idea for us" and LCS is "very, very remote".

This subject was always going to come up last night. Knowing that, It strikes me as strange that RG would then show up, face the inevitable question, announce the huge change in direction that we're staying put (one of the biggest in our history), that we're not adding more seats, that talks have been ongoing for two years, and for LH to then add that we're not giving out any more information.

If they didn't want to give away any more information, why did RG show up. Surely LH could have batted it away again safely.

None of this makes any sense at all from a strategic point of view, and it's quite possible that it's more negotiating in public and that we're the conduit and not the intended audience.

I can see where you have gone wrong here mate, you are assuming they have any idea what they are doing and not just making it up as they go along making the same mistakes again

I do agree it's bizarre to make that announcement with no details at all
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 10:15 - Sep 19 with 1191 viewsstevec

The cost of restructuring this stadium wouldn’t add a penny to its value and, as they’ve admitted in a roundabout way, it’s impossible to add any significant extra seating, which is the main income generator from fans.

Take a picture this year, it’ll be the same picture you’ll take 10 years from now.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 10:16 - Sep 19 with 1187 viewshubble

Surely the biggest shocker was climate scientist (and catering manager) Craig Stewart revealing that there's a shortage of CO2. Well that's turned the whole climate change debate on its head!

No, seriously, I'm very much in agreement with what Mart says above. Watching that has actually changed my mind on a few things, including GA (I've flipped-flopped in my opinion over him so much in the last year its ridiculous).

What impressed me most is the attention to detail at every level and cohesiveness of thinking across the whole club that has so long been criminally lacking, and is perhaps an indictment of more recent regimes and the people who should have been overseeing that. But it seems that it's Gareth who is driving this change of culture, and what he's brought is not just a fantastic passion for the club, but also an astuteness that I didn't give him credit for. So for the first time in a long time, I'm buying back into the long-term vision and feeling more confident about the season ahead. I think by a mixture of bizarre fortune and poor previous decisions, we've somehow arrived at a place where we genuinely have the right people in place to build a sustainable future for Rangers. I could be wrong of course, but that's my feeling.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024