Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum 7pm tonight 18:13 - Sep 18 with 10992 viewshubble

live feed:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:33 - Sep 18 with 2233 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:56 - Sep 18 by TK1

RG specifically said it wasn't about increasing the number of seats, but increasing the number of days the stadium is used a year because "having a five acre site in London only used 25 days a year is criminal."

25?

So that's 23 league games and we clearly aren't looking at Cup runs any time soon then.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:38 - Sep 18 with 2183 viewsQPRConor2000

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:09 - Sep 18 by G_Ottershaw

definitely alot better than some of the events i've actually attended in the past. thought their answers were very honest. club's definitely in a difficult position which will take time to rectify, but i feel more confident having heard their input.

I share your sentiments, definately a lot better when Amit and Ruben attend cause at least you can get a better perspective.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:39 - Sep 18 with 2178 viewscolinallcars

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:34 - Sep 18 by Lblock

1967 League Cup
Divisional Champions
Play Off Winners

I’ll settle for that so far

(Ibiza Cup as a bonus)

Ibuysa pint and a whisky everytime I go to the bar.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:42 - Sep 18 with 2136 viewsQPRConor2000

I thought the news about the stadium was probably one of the big bombshells of the evening.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:46 - Sep 18 with 2092 viewsted_hendrix

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:42 - Sep 18 by QPRConor2000

I thought the news about the stadium was probably one of the big bombshells of the evening.

It undoubtedly Is.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:47 - Sep 18 with 2079 viewscolinallcars

Yes if true - close South Africa road to traffic and build out into the road. Reopen the southern entry to Batman Close for traffic access, buy the school behind the School End stand.
They wouldn't kid an old man would they ?
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:56 - Sep 18 with 1995 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:47 - Sep 18 by colinallcars

Yes if true - close South Africa road to traffic and build out into the road. Reopen the southern entry to Batman Close for traffic access, buy the school behind the School End stand.
They wouldn't kid an old man would they ?

"They wouldn't kid an old man would they ?"

Yes, they would. They'd kid all of us.

They're kidding, even playing someone, that's for sure.

We've gone from the mantra that we can't stay where we are because we need all-year 'round hospitality and events capability, and we need an all-events stadium of 40,000 or 50,000, with car-parking, and multi-sports, and all bells, to - all of a sudden - we're chatting to the council about staying where we are.

I'm not buying any of this.
This allows us to circumvent FFP?

And the owners coincidentally show up out of nowhere to deliver the message?

Pull the other one.
They're playing someone, that's for sure.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:58 - Sep 18 with 1953 viewsHunterhoop

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 19:17 - Sep 18 by daveB

Its started with questions for Amit and Rueben along lines of why dont you go to more games, why do are you still here

Amit said he goes to as many games as he can when in the country but doesn't always sit in the stand as he has his kids with him.

Ruben said his investment is for a love of the club and he wants to leave the club in a better place than he found it, they both acknowledge that things not great at the moment but that is their aim. Amit been here for 17 years now and has a deep love for the club

On investment they are open to investment if it helps the club and takes it forward, is not about selling the club but always open to looking at ways to improve
If Elon Musk wanted to buy us tomorrow he couldn't spend his millions due to ffp

Lee Hoos asked what plans would be if owners stopped funding, he said we'd be insolvent but thankfully that won't be happening

Fernandes shares were bought by Richard Reilly, Amit and Ruben

Linford Christie stadium very unlikely, other stadium sites are too far away, in talks with council about redeveloping loftus Road but sounded like very early in that process

Ainsworth said some good player's in development squads, a few will get minutes this season.

Possible signing on a free but wouldn't go into details though
Wants goals shared around the team

On the fitness plan, new fitness fella came up and said looking at individual fitness, how strong they are etc and they planned their pre season around this. Focus was what caused injuries which they felt was a rapid increase in loading either too much training and not being ready for matches, felt they wanted to make players robust first and then build fitness over first 4-6 games.
Numbers wise 91% of players avaliable in August which is pretty good.
Was all science based basically

Ainsworth not giving away injury news, will tell fans about long term ones but not short term

Hoos on pitch said pitch had 10 year lifespan and drought last year meant we had to change it, began planning this time last year. At the time playoffs were a possibility so decided to do them after playoffs. Obviously got nowhere near them so look stupid but had to make that call early. Requested for first game to be away but league didn't allow it

On DOF looking at bringing someone in, title tbc but will be a senior role. They want someone to come in and process is ongoing. Amit feels its an important appointment so want to get it right

Few bits about sound issues with speakers and price of food and drink, nothing new there really

On Training ground looking at ways to bring in revenue, Australian national team will be using it when they play England, Paddy Power using it on Friday and looking for lots more

Question about earlier midweek kick offs, said will speak to the EFL about it but didn't sound like it would change

Questions from the floor
On Moving to a Cat 1 academy. Ruben said not much difference at the moment in terms of games. Said players didn't go due to cat 1 it was due to them being bigger clubs so although might get more compensation the cost of it would be a lot and kids still likely to go if Spurs or Arsenal come in for them

on Taylor Richards - why sign him when struggling for money
Hoos said manager at the time wanted to buy him but was tight for Profit and Sustainability rules so they put it back a year .

Ainsworth said on Richards he had a tough year last year and has not played much at this level before, had a few issues with him pre season but getting him fit now, have told him he needs to be fitter to get in the team. He's a good kid who has been through a lot and will come good

On Player sales and Sky money that money went towards us being able to sign players this summer

Ruben said he has unfinished business at QPR, wants us to be sustainable, club needs to sell someone every year to be sustainable, at the moment have to put in £13million a year to keep going and wants to be in a position where that is no longer the case. Fact we don't pay rent on training ground is helpful and goes towards being sustainable. Need to also develop players and be able to sell them on, Long term goal is to be sustainable.

Amit on reflection in the summer, he said last season was crazy and was very stressful in how it all went, was his hardest season at the club. Still requires for everyone to look at themselves and understand why it happened and how to make sure we learn from it. On things they did he looked at every function the club performs from board, to execs to medics etc Every area is under review and trying to make every area better.
We have 4 revenue streams, tv money, transfers, sponsorship and fans. Need to do everything better and enhance those revenue streams.

Hoos said last year we were 11th in salary and 11th in revenue, this year salary has dropped a lot lower in the league

On Player recruitment, they do use data but clubs like Brighton and Brentford have data no other clubs have due to their owners. Signings are doner with a combination of data, scouting, input from manager and a look at their background/personality

[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 20:58]

Thanks, Dave. Really helpful.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:01 - Sep 18 with 1934 viewsG_Ottershaw

Ruben also mentioned that they don't want to move out of the area just to build a souless bowl which i thought was interesting
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:01 - Sep 18 with 1919 viewsdaveB

I wouldn't get your hopes up, will be more along the lines of opening stadium during the week for extra revenue, restaurants and bars etc

As much as I'd love to see us redevelop the stadium I'm not sure that will happen
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:01 - Sep 18 with 1915 viewsmart_Goblin

I bet some of you are a right bundle of laughs
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:06 - Sep 18 with 1870 viewsQPRConor2000

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:56 - Sep 18 by BrianMcCarthy

"They wouldn't kid an old man would they ?"

Yes, they would. They'd kid all of us.

They're kidding, even playing someone, that's for sure.

We've gone from the mantra that we can't stay where we are because we need all-year 'round hospitality and events capability, and we need an all-events stadium of 40,000 or 50,000, with car-parking, and multi-sports, and all bells, to - all of a sudden - we're chatting to the council about staying where we are.

I'm not buying any of this.
This allows us to circumvent FFP?

And the owners coincidentally show up out of nowhere to deliver the message?

Pull the other one.
They're playing someone, that's for sure.

they've could of done some kind of analysis and probably concluded that the club would not get a return on the investment perhaps?

We obviously dont know what the club and the council have talked about, but its definitely interesting that they came out with this news tonight and now say they have a very good working relationship with them.

Even if we did build a new stadium, that would likely cost in the high tens of millions, maybe even more now cause costs have increased, and that is ultimately more debt on the club which if we didnt fill would mean the debt may never be repayed.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 22:12]
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:10 - Sep 18 with 1820 viewsQPRConor2000

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:01 - Sep 18 by daveB

I wouldn't get your hopes up, will be more along the lines of opening stadium during the week for extra revenue, restaurants and bars etc

As much as I'd love to see us redevelop the stadium I'm not sure that will happen

RG did say it wasn't about adding seats on the capacity, but rather getting the ground open for more than 25 days per year.

It could mean many things, concerts, conferences, non-football sporting events like boxing for example.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:11 - Sep 18 with 1816 viewscolinallcars

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:01 - Sep 18 by mart_Goblin

I bet some of you are a right bundle of laughs

Laugh ? I nearly started.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:24 - Sep 18 with 1688 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:46 - Sep 18 by TK1

The news about the stadium was a genuine bit of big news. Both Amit and RG said separately that they've been talking with the council for a couple of years about redeveloping the ground and that they'll announce something when they're a bit closer. But sounded to me like that's it for the ground. It's Loftus Road, and it'll be redeveloped. They literally said "we're not looking for another site". Neither seemed disappointed about that either - so it's obviously something interesting.

That does seem significant, though Ruben was already talking along these lines around a year ago, if memory serves. But why the hell have we spent years buggering around with a variety of other supposed sites if we're now coming back to HQ? It's exasperating and utterly perplexing.

People can roll their eyes all they want, but I don't want Lee Hoos anywhere near that project if it goes forward, given his talking down our precious cave since time immemorial and the supposed futility of trying to make it viable (and am actually surprised, mystified and hacked off all at once he's still here and hasn't finally slung his hook back to the US). Meanwhile, if redeveloping LR is now Plan A, I am happily clappingly all ears and look forward to the blueprint pdq. Here's my back of the envelope sketch:

1. Sack Hoos and appoint a proper professional experienced in council liaison/stadium development projects who actually gives a flying f*ck about the ground.
2. Reconvert Loft end to safe (or preferably 'unsafe') standing/terracing and watch the home support flood back/get proper noisy again.
3. Rebuild SAR stand skywards to add 2-3,000 seats.
4. Re-investigate land acquisition options of School End with a view to upgrading it.

I refuse to accept a capacity increase to at least 25,000 on the current architectural footprint is not feasible, unless and until I am given a point-by point breakdown as to why not (economically, legally and physically), signed by H & F council, with whom a transparent and constructive process of build-building needs to be initiated by the club with competent personnel. Meanwhile, I am writing to Stephen Cowan this week and will be happy to share his feedback.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 22:43]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:27 - Sep 18 with 1691 viewsconnell10

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:24 - Sep 18 by stainrods_elbow

That does seem significant, though Ruben was already talking along these lines around a year ago, if memory serves. But why the hell have we spent years buggering around with a variety of other supposed sites if we're now coming back to HQ? It's exasperating and utterly perplexing.

People can roll their eyes all they want, but I don't want Lee Hoos anywhere near that project if it goes forward, given his talking down our precious cave since time immemorial and the supposed futility of trying to make it viable (and am actually surprised, mystified and hacked off all at once he's still here and hasn't finally slung his hook back to the US). Meanwhile, if redeveloping LR is now Plan A, I am happily clappingly all ears and look forward to the blueprint pdq. Here's my back of the envelope sketch:

1. Sack Hoos and appoint a proper professional experienced in council liaison/stadium development projects who actually gives a flying f*ck about the ground.
2. Reconvert Loft end to safe (or preferably 'unsafe') standing/terracing and watch the home support flood back/get proper noisy again.
4. Re-investigate land acquisition options of School End with a view to upgrading it.

I refuse to accept a capacity increase to at least 25,000 on the current architectural footprint is not feasible, unless and until I am given a point-by point breakdown as to why not (economically, legally and physically), signed by H & F council, with whom a transparent and constructive process of build-building needs to be initiated by the club with competent personnel. Meanwhile, I am writing to Stephen Cowan this week and will be happy to share his feedback.

Yep agree , I've never liked smary arse Hoo,s .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:35 - Sep 18 with 1620 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:06 - Sep 18 by connell10

As Ruben said we don't fill the stadium now , so it's not about seats .

We've won one game at home in a calendar year. Of course we don't fill it!
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:37 - Sep 18 with 1618 viewsLongsufferingR

Could it be the case that Fernandes was the one really pushing the idea of moving all along, and now that he's gone the others are looking at the obvious alternative?
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:43 - Sep 18 with 1568 viewsted_hendrix

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:24 - Sep 18 by stainrods_elbow

* But why the hell have we spent years buggering around with a variety of other supposed sites if we're now coming back to HQ?*

Whilst understanding peoples frustrations these things take time, take into account the money they are currently 'drip feeding' into the club on a Monthly basis to keep us going, take into account the cost of redevelopment or a complete new stadium, It's huge cost wise and It's very slow to get of the ground (In a manner of speaking)

They are only gonna do this once and the bottom line Is they have seriously-seriously gotta get It right first time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:49 - Sep 18 with 1510 viewsQPRConor2000

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:37 - Sep 18 by LongsufferingR

Could it be the case that Fernandes was the one really pushing the idea of moving all along, and now that he's gone the others are looking at the obvious alternative?

Could well be that.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:50 - Sep 18 with 1507 viewsconnell10

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:43 - Sep 18 by ted_hendrix

* But why the hell have we spent years buggering around with a variety of other supposed sites if we're now coming back to HQ?*

Whilst understanding peoples frustrations these things take time, take into account the money they are currently 'drip feeding' into the club on a Monthly basis to keep us going, take into account the cost of redevelopment or a complete new stadium, It's huge cost wise and It's very slow to get of the ground (In a manner of speaking)

They are only gonna do this once and the bottom line Is they have seriously-seriously gotta get It right first time.

But everyone was saying Loftus Road was the mill stone around our necks dragging us down and we had to move or basically we are doomed. Now it's a complete turn around...I get things change but this is a incredible about face.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:55 - Sep 18 with 1487 viewsBrianMcCarthy

But he was a minority shareholder, no?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:57 - Sep 18 with 1473 viewsdanehoop

I think they maybe something in that. We previously looked to be investing in a new ground as part of a wider property investment speculation. I suspect that willingness to invest the capital in a new ground was the hope/expectation we'd turn a much larger profit on other elements of any investment. It may be we don't think that such an investment looks to be as financially rewarding or with TF's departure it has reduced the viability of any investment by removing a key investor.

On the plus side, with the impressive new training ground in place and finances used to manage that, we can't complain that the management team, including Mr Hoos dont know what they are doing when it comes to capital investment. So if they have a plan now, I have a lot more belief it is likely to be realistic and deliverable than previous ideas.

Other thing I'd note is that we still remain very fortunate to have the owners that we currently have compared to other clubs. They have taken the major financial hit of £13M a year to keep the club going and looked to invest and support managers when possible.

Never knowingly understood

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:57 - Sep 18 with 1469 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 22:50 - Sep 18 by connell10

But everyone was saying Loftus Road was the mill stone around our necks dragging us down and we had to move or basically we are doomed. Now it's a complete turn around...I get things change but this is a incredible about face.

Agreed.
Makes no sense.
Anyway, I'm off to bed. I trust you all to have it sorted by, let's say, brekast at 7.00?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 23:02 - Sep 18 with 1422 viewsQPRConor2000

If you go about 44:50 in, then you'll hear what Ruben said about the new stadium in full.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024