Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steiner! 09:54 - Sep 22 with 2560 viewsMrSheen

A work contact from Japan told me he's in Australia on business and just had a night out with Rob Steiner. Apparently Rob is a property investor based in Sydney and wants to go international. Loves a drink and a chat, but stayed on his feet all night. Apparently had a long rant about what an arrogant, useless *rse Rob Styles was.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 10:10]
Steiner! on 11:56 - Sep 22 with 2299 viewsBluce_Ree

My favourite Rob Steiner moment was him taking a ball to the nuts and then after a minute or two of being on the floor, dying, he got up and pretended to look for his testicle on the pitch.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Steiner! on 12:08 - Sep 22 with 2258 viewspaulhoop2

Really think without injuries would have gone down a modern legend. So much talent

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Steiner! on 12:13 - Sep 22 with 2231 viewsRs_Holy

Steiner! on 12:08 - Sep 22 by paulhoop2

Really think without injuries would have gone down a modern legend. So much talent

That injury (which finished his career) was a major contribution to our relegation that season... The previous season he was great.
Steiner! on 12:31 - Sep 22 with 2164 viewsLazyFan

He was a quality player on the Sherringham level. See how Harry Kane drops deep and passes the ball around, Steiner did that but even better.

zzzzzzzzzz

Steiner! on 14:46 - Sep 22 with 2013 viewsColesIndyRs

Steiner is one of my all time favorite players, technically great and was also superbly dirty at times. He could extract a foul from thin air.
Steiner! on 15:46 - Sep 22 with 1902 viewsqueensparker

My main memory of him was getting sent off early in the game at Craven Cottage against Fulham which we then went onto lose. Was a good tasty atmosphere that day, think it was the first time we'd played them in decades.
Steiner! on 15:54 - Sep 22 with 1868 viewsted_hendrix

Steiner! on 15:46 - Sep 22 by queensparker

My main memory of him was getting sent off early in the game at Craven Cottage against Fulham which we then went onto lose. Was a good tasty atmosphere that day, think it was the first time we'd played them in decades.

Remember It well.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Steiner! on 15:58 - Sep 22 with 1866 viewsMrSheen

That was Styles. It was Steiner's only red card and he's still bitter!

That was the last time I've seen such old-time football aggro. Fulham only allocated us a part of the old Putney End originally, so our fans were all over the ground. I was in the Stevenage Road stand, lots of fighting in the paddock below me with some people rushing down from the seats around me, while others were fleeing with their kids. I was lucky not to get hit by coins from the Putney End at the final whistle. And we were terrible, and Styles was a tool. Didn't hang around long afterwards.
Login to get fewer ads

Steiner! on 16:28 - Sep 22 with 1813 viewsflynnbo

Steiner! on 11:56 - Sep 22 by Bluce_Ree

My favourite Rob Steiner moment was him taking a ball to the nuts and then after a minute or two of being on the floor, dying, he got up and pretended to look for his testicle on the pitch.

Remember that well.
Steiner! on 16:58 - Sep 22 with 1745 viewsjohncharles

Super Super Rob
Super Robbie Steiner

Strong and stable my arse.

Steiner! on 17:33 - Sep 22 with 1665 viewsAntti_Heinola

I loved Rob, but not sure I'm remembering the same player as some. I remember him as a bit of a battering ram who was an expert at dribbling by kicking the ball at a defender, then the ball would canon off his own knee, and he'd someow get past him. Good in the air. Fantastic attitude. Loved him. But don't recall him being that technical.

Bare bones.

Steiner! on 17:43 - Sep 22 with 1636 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I remember walking back up the FP Road with my chums and an unruly mob of hungry urchins approached with villainous intent. Nothing ensued as they saw we were Rangers and they walked past.

Next thing a copper's helmet came flying over us from behind. We turned and it was kicking right off.

Never one to glorify violence, but that's some testicles (or stupidity) to start trading with a copper and then fling his hat a fair distance.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Steiner! on 17:54 - Sep 22 with 1609 viewsGaryBannister86

Steiner! on 12:31 - Sep 22 by LazyFan

He was a quality player on the Sherringham level. See how Harry Kane drops deep and passes the ball around, Steiner did that but even better.

I loved Steiner and have little time for Sheringham or Kane for that matter, but to think he was as good / better player as these two....?! Can I have what you are drinking?

I'm with Antii. Great fun to watch, but technically limited. I would venture Dykes is a better player.
Steiner! on 19:35 - Sep 22 with 1479 viewsslmrstid

Steiner! on 17:54 - Sep 22 by GaryBannister86

I loved Steiner and have little time for Sheringham or Kane for that matter, but to think he was as good / better player as these two....?! Can I have what you are drinking?

I'm with Antii. Great fun to watch, but technically limited. I would venture Dykes is a better player.

I was 10 when Steiner was playing for us so can't really remember much about him at all, but have seen some YouTube clips of goals that tally up with Antti's view. I would argue most players playing in the English First Division (as it was then) would be absolutely miles off the standard required to play in the Championship today, technically and physically.
Steiner! on 19:42 - Sep 22 with 1454 viewsSonofpugwash

I have an Aussie nephew(QPR supporter) named Chris who is in the banking sector Down Under and in a recent bash at the Sydney Hedge Fund Club he bumped into Mr.Steiner.He asked me if Rob was any good and I've passed on your best thoughts and wishes for when they meet again.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Steiner! on 21:57 - Sep 22 with 1354 viewshoops_legend

Steiner! on 19:42 - Sep 22 by Sonofpugwash

I have an Aussie nephew(QPR supporter) named Chris who is in the banking sector Down Under and in a recent bash at the Sydney Hedge Fund Club he bumped into Mr.Steiner.He asked me if Rob was any good and I've passed on your best thoughts and wishes for when they meet again.

Really liked Steiner, wish had worked out better for him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024