Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wild Rovers Return Fred 15:13 - Oct 6 with 31117 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mate from neighbouring village, whom I used to sit with at LR, and moi are back to see what all this relegation nonsense is all about and, if required, breathe some life into the old dog.

Resounding display, full of gallic flair and let hi-ho silver lining ring out.

2-1 Rangers 'ave it Monsieur!!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 15:19]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:21 - Oct 7 with 1701 viewsNed_Kennedys

What a disaster today.

The team selection had the potential to go very wrong and so it proved.
Larkeche did some good things before falling to pieces: should never have been selected out of position when we had other options.
Duke-McKenna was sadly out of his depth as well.
Only Armstrong deserved any applause today: he cares.
The rest of the team were slow and gutless: Paal’s worst game for us, Dunne way off match fitness, Dozzell did nothing, Dykes not involved. Poor finishing by Kolli as well.
Chair was appalling: terrible set pieces, holding on to the ball instead of crossing, no creativity.

Ainsworth’s lack of substitutions or in game tactical changes just not acceptable: really doesn’t help his cause. Total sh1tshow today.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:30 - Oct 7 with 1591 viewsmart_Goblin

If you ARE going to put a left sided defender on the right (4 potential right backs on the bench) then don’t do it with the lad who has never started a competitive game for us .

If you ARE going to do that then do it with the more experienced Paal and play Larkeche in his comfortable position ??? Now Larkeche is ruined too.

Unacceptable and incompetent
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:34 - Oct 7 with 1544 viewsaston_hoop

I thought Larkeche looked good going forward and positionally very suspect defensively - although thats no big shock being his first start and being out of position. Going forward, I wouldn't be dead against using him as an attacking option off the bench. Clearly likes running at his man, taking him on and getting balls in, getting to the byline etc. Might be useful getting 15-20 minutes out of him in an attacking role when chasing games against tired legs, who knows.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:36 - Oct 7 with 1516 viewstraininvain

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:30 - Oct 7 by mart_Goblin

If you ARE going to put a left sided defender on the right (4 potential right backs on the bench) then don’t do it with the lad who has never started a competitive game for us .

If you ARE going to do that then do it with the more experienced Paal and play Larkeche in his comfortable position ??? Now Larkeche is ruined too.

Unacceptable and incompetent

I’m more annoyed by the way some players have been shafted by the manager today than the actual result. Larkeche had people in Ellerslie screaming that he’s sh1t pretty much in his face. Not sure where he goes from there but doubt it’s going to help him.

If Ainsworth’s got any integrity he’ll resign tonight.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:51 - Oct 7 with 1430 viewsLongRanger

I’ve tried to defend him until now, but the lineup was a disaster waiting to happen and as that became obvious after just 15mins he didn’t change it, we had huge gaps and he didn’t change anything until 70min when 4-0 down, that shows he is lost, sadly he has to go…but I doubt this will solve anything as the club is a shambles.

Today was a disgrace, the players lack any confidence or belief in the plan, if there is one.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 19:16 - Oct 7 with 1349 viewsBushRanger82

As long as this club, with a boardroom of billionaires, and multi-millionaires, keeps turning out it's empty pockets and saying, 'sorry guv, we're skint, can't spend any money on improving squad/team.' Our descent down the leagues will see us non-league.
This club must get past this FFP crap, somehow.
The sooner it does, the better. What we definitely cannot afford, is another few transfer windows like the last one.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 19:24 - Oct 7 with 1311 viewsWatford_Ranger

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:36 - Oct 7 by traininvain

I’m more annoyed by the way some players have been shafted by the manager today than the actual result. Larkeche had people in Ellerslie screaming that he’s sh1t pretty much in his face. Not sure where he goes from there but doubt it’s going to help him.

If Ainsworth’s got any integrity he’ll resign tonight.

Didn’t hear that around me in Ellerslie and thought, admittedly with a very low expectation and performance around him, he did quite well. Paal in his favoured position was awful defensively as he often is for me.

I really saw some semblance of a plan earlier in the season and thought we’d be that ‘better than the sum of its parts’ team we all hoped. However, there’s nothing there at all. Unless we smash a ball in the corner and Armstrong beats the defender or Chair does something outrageous we have nothing and neither of those are much to do with tactics/coaching. Love Ainsworth but he’s done. I’m sad tonight and it’s very rare these days I think about defeats by the time I’m home.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 19:41 - Oct 7 with 1224 viewsJuzzie

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 19:16 - Oct 7 by BushRanger82

As long as this club, with a boardroom of billionaires, and multi-millionaires, keeps turning out it's empty pockets and saying, 'sorry guv, we're skint, can't spend any money on improving squad/team.' Our descent down the leagues will see us non-league.
The sooner it does, the better. What we definitely cannot afford, is another few transfer windows like the last one.

The two paragraphs contradict each other. The wealth of the owners/board is irrelevant as we have to work within FFP and 15k gates is what will hinder us most.

Yes, I know, luton, Brentford etc did it but I think we are hampered by our stadium

[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 19:44]
Login to get fewer ads

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 19:58 - Oct 7 with 1140 viewsstainrods_elbow

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 19:41 - Oct 7 by Juzzie

The two paragraphs contradict each other. The wealth of the owners/board is irrelevant as we have to work within FFP and 15k gates is what will hinder us most.

Yes, I know, luton, Brentford etc did it but I think we are hampered by our stadium

[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 19:44]

Oh, please - give your head a wobble! Just off the worst home run in club history, the 'development' team a pitiful write-off, haven't had a credible striker worthy of the name in years, and you're blaming our little cave. Either you've given up, or been overdosing on Lee Hoos Q & As.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 20:48 - Oct 7 with 1022 viewsslmrstid

To be honest I can't see how things carry on as they are, even though I'm pretty certain now this squad has relegation written all over it and anyone who thinks any other manager is going to lead to an improvement in results is kidding themselves.

Above anything its slightly heartbreaking to see one of my QPR heroes cutting a forlorn, dejected figure, walking across the turf clapping a largely empty and very silent Loftus Road. Not nice seeing him get chewed up and spat out by this club.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 20:53 - Oct 7 with 984 viewsJuzzie

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 19:58 - Oct 7 by stainrods_elbow

Oh, please - give your head a wobble! Just off the worst home run in club history, the 'development' team a pitiful write-off, haven't had a credible striker worthy of the name in years, and you're blaming our little cave. Either you've given up, or been overdosing on Lee Hoos Q & As.

Im not blaming our cave, I’m just saying having billionaire owners counts for little in terms of playing squad as thats bound by FFP rules.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 21:00 - Oct 7 with 941 viewsHooparoo

Jesus, what a sh!t sandwich to wake up to. 6am here and wish I’d never turned my phone on or checked the score. Should’ve stayed in bed ☹️

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 21:08 - Oct 7 with 916 viewsManinBlack

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 19:16 - Oct 7 by BushRanger82

Yes, if I am to believe various posts, it is FFP that is the issue and not the owners cutting costs. It seems that the EFL is actually indirectly relegating clubs either by placing tough restrictions on what you can spend and fining you, worsening your finances so you can't compete or deducting points for transgressing their rules.

Do they not recognise they are taking away the entertainment from fans by forcing clubs to field cheaply assembled teams of no quality? People paying £500 or more to suffer rubbish because their club will be in trouble daring to better themselves. Year after year of this crap will drive away the fans and the EFL are to blame with their restrictions. No wonder the gap between the Premier league widens from the EFL clubs.

What is the point of QPR if they cannot even compete in the Championship? The EFL should be doing more to make the game a more level playing field not relegating smaller clubs with punishments which started with Luton back in the day. There seems little point us continuing with the game as it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024