Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2024 General Election 14:36 - Oct 10 with 13065 viewsjohnlangy

If Labour do win the 2024 General Election they will find themselves in a very strange situation regarding what they are able to achieve, at least in the short term.

People always want big, bold statements regarding huge investments in infrastructure, house building, energy developments to relieve our dependancy on other countries oil/gas and so on.

But I was struck by something Peter Kyle said yesterday. Labour will I’m sure make some major policy announcements but he also said this. Paraphrasing, he said it is shameful but it would be a huge achievement to get to a place where people could get an appointment with their GP, to get their NHS treatment that they’ve been waiting on for X years or to get a dental appointment.

He could have also said it would be an amazing achievement if, when people are mugged or their house is burgled that the police would turn up to investigate.

It’s a dreadful situation for the country to be in that the basic pillars of a civilised society aren’t there any more.

I’ve mentioned health but then there’s education (how many thousands of teachers are needed to fill all the vacancies which means our children’s education is suffering ?). And policing (see above) – the service is 20,000 officers short. No wonder the streets are becoming lawless. Then there’s the Prison Service and the CPS. It is all an utter shambles.

As far as I can see it all of this is down to one thing and that’s the austerity that the Conservatives have imposed on the country since 2010. They cut back massively in all departments in order to ‘bring the countries enormous debt down’. They asked that people accept the need for this pain and go along with it and that there was no other way to achieve the goal.

And after the pain of all that austerity where are we now ? In 2010 the debt was less than £1 trillion. It is now £2.6 trillion.

If they have cut back so enormously on spending, which by extension means that they were also able to cut back on borrowing, could someone explain to me where all this debt has come from ?
The 2024 General Election on 14:26 - Oct 17 with 976 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election on 14:10 - Oct 17 by Badgeman

5 completely nonsense reasons then. You vote tory because you were a copper during the miners strike and thatcher looked after you while you liberally used the baton against your own.

I was answering the question raised.
Your mask has now slipped.
Get the &ok out of here

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 2024 General Election on 14:28 - Oct 17 with 971 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election on 14:10 - Oct 17 by Badgeman

5 completely nonsense reasons then. You vote tory because you were a copper during the miners strike and thatcher looked after you while you liberally used the baton against your own.

Why not DM me and save the moderators the hassle.
I’m waiting .
Words have consequences on here and you need to bear that in mind.

The 2024 General Election on 14:28 - Oct 17 with 962 viewsBadgeman

The 2024 General Election on 14:26 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

I was answering the question raised.
Your mask has now slipped.
Get the &ok out of here

touched a nerve?

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

The 2024 General Election on 14:29 - Oct 17 with 965 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election on 14:28 - Oct 17 by Badgeman

touched a nerve?

You’re a typical internet coward .
It’s that simple.

The 2024 General Election on 14:32 - Oct 17 with 950 viewsBadgeman

The 2024 General Election on 14:29 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

You’re a typical internet coward .
It’s that simple.

And you aren't even worth the effort.

The 2024 General Election on 14:50 - Oct 17 with 941 viewsKeithHaynes

The 2024 General Election on 14:32 - Oct 17 by Badgeman

And you aren't even worth the effort.

Any more and it’s banning time, no more of this trying to ruin the threads then the site.
This site is connected to the brain tumour charity, they come first not some pathetic nonsense on here. That’s not just aimed at you. You just happened to be in the way.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The 2024 General Election on 16:18 - Oct 17 with 879 viewsGwyn737

The 2024 General Election on 14:04 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

Why?
Just some thoughts…
1. Mistrust of Unions and their power
2. Mistrust of bloated nationalised companies with inept central government
3.Social milieu. If living in a green and pleasant region where live comfortably ,tendency to be defensive .
4. The previous corrosive history of Labour in the 60s and 70s.
5. Perception conservatives are the party of law and order.

Number 5 is actually hard to type as it’s so farming wrong .

Aren't they more fear of Labour?

I was asking what has 13 years of Tory govenment done to make people want to vote for them?
The 2024 General Election on 17:42 - Oct 17 with 834 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election on 16:18 - Oct 17 by Gwyn737

Aren't they more fear of Labour?

I was asking what has 13 years of Tory govenment done to make people want to vote for them?

And I was stating why people vote for them.
I itemised them 1-5
You will note badges response ,a real LBour man.
It’s why Ihate them all.

Login to get fewer ads

The 2024 General Election on 17:56 - Oct 17 with 830 viewsGwyn737

The 2024 General Election on 17:42 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

I itemised them 1-5
It’s why Ihate them all.

Which is why I explicitly asked for reasons other then ‘they’re not Labour’.

It seems very difficult for people to pick positives from the last 13 years.

There’s no entire group of political affiliate I’d say I’d hate. That would be incredibly unlikely.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 17:58]
The 2024 General Election on 18:02 - Oct 17 with 819 viewsBadgeman

The 2024 General Election on 17:42 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

I itemised them 1-5
It’s why Ihate them all.

“I hate them all” - Wow, not so much letting the mask slip as throwing it on the floor in a teary tantrum.

So the reason you never vote Labour is because I called you out on here a few hours ago? Who are you trying to kid with that one?

The 2024 General Election on 18:41 - Oct 17 with 808 viewsjohnlangy

The 2024 General Election on 14:15 - Oct 17 by Scotia

Why would anyone vote Tory?

Stop the boats init. That will solve all of our problems.

Talking about the boats, could someone please explain to me why that is going to be a deterrent ?

That's assuming it ever happens obviously.
The 2024 General Election on 19:11 - Oct 17 with 803 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election on 18:02 - Oct 17 by Badgeman

“I hate them all” - Wow, not so much letting the mask slip as throwing it on the floor in a teary tantrum.

So the reason you never vote Labour is because I called you out on here a few hours ago? Who are you trying to kid with that one?

No mas

The 2024 General Election on 19:12 - Oct 17 with 801 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election on 17:56 - Oct 17 by Gwyn737

Which is why I explicitly asked for reasons other then ‘they’re not Labour’.

It seems very difficult for people to pick positives from the last 13 years.

There’s no entire group of political affiliate I’d say I’d hate. That would be incredibly unlikely.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 17:58]

“ I hate them all”
All the political pygmies who do no more than feed their egos
Absolutel

The 2024 General Election on 22:33 - Oct 17 with 735 viewsbuilthjack

At every football match that I have been to this season, Wales and Swansea games, thousands have sung Fu#£ the Tories for many verses.
So I would say that they haven’t got a hope in hells chance of getting in.
The singers could of course all be voting for the Greens.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 2024 General Election on 05:57 - Oct 18 with 693 viewsWhiterockin

The 2024 General Election on 22:33 - Oct 17 by builthjack

At every football match that I have been to this season, Wales and Swansea games, thousands have sung Fu#£ the Tories for many verses.

TBH I haven't heard it sung once in the theatre.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The 2024 General Election on 07:04 - Oct 18 with 677 viewsDr_Winston

The 2024 General Election on 05:57 - Oct 18 by Whiterockin

Me neither. Suspect there's a bit of this going on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 2024 General Election on 07:24 - Oct 18 with 661 viewsBoundy

The 2024 General Election on 22:33 - Oct 17 by builthjack

As some one who attends all home game sitting in the east stand I cannot recall that particular ditty being sung., ever .Not that is an indicator of which way supporter's vote I would say a better indicator is voter apathy neither Labour nor tory are worthy of support

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 2024 General Election on 09:07 - Oct 18 with 628 viewsWhiterockin

The 2024 General Election on 07:24 - Oct 18 by Boundy

As some one who attends all home game sitting in the east stand I cannot recall that particular ditty being sung., ever .Not that is an indicator of which way supporter's vote I would say a better indicator is voter apathy neither Labour nor tory are worthy of support

Smacks of desperation to me, can't defend the Senedd so have a pop at the tories. We all know both are doing a crap job, but let's see a bit of balance. Or is it a case of love is blind.

The 2024 General Election on 18:20 - Oct 18 with 556 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election on 05:57 - Oct 18 by Whiterockin

I've only missed one home game and been away 4 times this season and I haven't heard it either. We sit in the East too.

Why make stuff up when so many of us on here attend games?

Is there no level that won't be stooped to to try and defend Labour or deflect attention from them?

It doesn't matter anyway, Wales will never elect the tories here and UK wide these tories are the biggest bunch of lying, cheating, useless twonks it has ever been my displeasure to watch.
The 2024 General Election on 18:25 - Oct 18 with 546 viewsWhiterockin

The 2024 General Election on 18:20 - Oct 18 by SullutaCreturned

I've only missed one home game and been away 4 times this season and I haven't heard it either. We sit in the East too.

Why make stuff up when so many of us on here attend games?

Is there no level that won't be stooped to to try and defend Labour or deflect attention from them?

It doesn't matter anyway, Wales will never elect the tories here and UK wide these tories are the biggest bunch of lying, cheating, useless twonks it has ever been my displeasure to watch.

A Senedd by-election at the moment would be interesting, I would wager neither Conservative or Labour would win the seat.

The 2024 General Election on 18:37 - Oct 18 with 534 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election on 18:25 - Oct 18 by Whiterockin

A Senedd by-election at the moment would be interesting, I would wager neither Conservative or Labour would win the seat.

Ihope that all across Wales people are waking up, paying attention and realising they need to use their vote BUT to choose something different, lets kick the Tories AND Labour into the long grass and have real change.
The 2024 General Election on 18:52 - Oct 18 with 527 viewspencoedjack

The 2024 General Election on 16:30 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

Why would anyone vote tory.

Quite possibly not in a GE. But entirely possible in a Senedd election depending on the other candidates. Labour nationally is nothing like Labour Wales, well I sincerely hope not.

I won’t vote Labour in the next general election due to how poor Wales has been governed.

Of course Labour will romp home & Drakeford will see it as a glowing endorsement of his government in Wales.

Voted Labour most of my life (not in the last election)
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 19:16]
The 2024 General Election on 18:56 - Oct 18 with 526 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election on 18:52 - Oct 18 by pencoedjack

I won’t vote Labour in the next general election due to how poor Wales has been governed.

Of course Labour will romp home & Drakeford will see it as a glowing endorsement of his government in Wales.

Voted Labour most of my life (not in the last election)
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 19:16]

Romp home? Well if they do it'll be because too many people didn't vote again. Last time they got around 20% of the eletorate to back them.
The 2024 General Election on 19:17 - Oct 18 with 519 viewspencoedjack

The 2024 General Election on 18:56 - Oct 18 by SullutaCreturned

Romp home? Well if they do it'll be because too many people didn't vote again. Last time they got around 20% of the eletorate to back them.

I meant romp home in Wales SC
The 2024 General Election on 19:58 - Oct 18 with 511 viewsDr_Winston

Nothing is going to change in Wales until the people who live outside the central CF postcode area stop voting for Politicians who continually fart in their faces.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024