Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor Richards 14:45 - Oct 19 with 10197 viewsQPRConor2000

I honestly dont know what is going on with Taylor.

Hes only played once this season, and hes not even in the team photo.

I know hes played a few development games, but apart from that hes been nowhere to be seen.

Its not doing him or the club any good.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 14:50]
Taylor Richards on 15:05 - Oct 19 with 4849 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It's utterly bizarre especially considering how light the squad is in midfield. He's been with the club for over a year but, the odd cameo aside, is yet to kick a ball in anger. Given how poor the team is this season you'd think he'd be in contention but he's essentially AWOL. I'm surprised more wasn't made of it at the recent fans forum. There's clearly more to it than meets the eye and the club need to be honest with the fans about this situation.
Taylor Richards on 15:07 - Oct 19 with 4845 viewscolinallcars

He didn't appear for the Dev Squad the other day.
He seems to have mental health issues which I imagine is rare in a footballer.
I remember years back Alan Hudson was left out of the Chelsea team with depression. I used to work with a really gnarled, tough Scottish chap who was a footballer in his younger days. He was staring at the Hudson article in the Mirror sighing in disbelief.
Taylor Richards on 15:08 - Oct 19 with 4843 viewsnumptydumpty

I don't think he is confident enough to be a high level professional player

My guess and it is total guesswork, is he has an abundance of talent but his work ethic either down to his anxieties, or IMO and less likely his own personal motivations, he has hardly featured at all.

Maybe he also feels disconnected to people around him so can't perform at levels required.

All I know is, we more than probable need to cut ties with him.

Perhaps a league two side, could have a punt, but obviously on massively reduced wages so we would bear the brunt of his wages for the rest of his four year contract.

Think we need to cut our losses as he clearly is never going to play here and a player in the squad who is potentially on much greater salary than those who play week in, week out and never hide, and open to scrutiny from fans and management alike, think for a decent squad morale, we need to release such players and take the hit , painful as that is.

I would engineer a move and release clause schedule immediately myself. Maybe we can't this season due to FFP though.

Taylor Richards, playing for QPR on a regular basis, is never going to happen ever. Sadly that's the situation but we can't let it drag on for too long as it has a demotivating impact on everybody else potentially. Should not do, but clearly could.

Conversations like comparing salaries and level of first ream experience etc. It would irritate others in the squad for sure. Human nature.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 15:11]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Taylor Richards on 15:17 - Oct 19 with 4805 viewsQPRConor2000

After watching him at Wimbledon back in the summer, I thought he linked up really well with Chair and Willock, but clearly something isn't right with him.

Im concerned because we are paying him £15k a week, and thats a huge amount of money for someone not playing, and we all know the current situation regarding our finances.

Hes clearly a talented player, but I think maybe the time is now approaching where we have to start seriously consider cutting our losses, if we did move him on then we'd be clearing some £780k per annum on him, that would be a huge amount of money saved at the end of the day.

Its harsh I know and we are all aware hes been having personal issues, but given the state of the clubs finances, we need to make some very difficult decisions.
Taylor Richards on 15:20 - Oct 19 with 4785 viewsNorthernr

Second game in Austria and the friendly at Oxford. Was never likely to be involved much under this manager after the way he performed and behaved in those.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Taylor Richards on 15:25 - Oct 19 with 4749 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Taylor Richards on 15:20 - Oct 19 by Northernr

Second game in Austria and the friendly at Oxford. Was never likely to be involved much under this manager after the way he performed and behaved in those.

Granted but does that warrant complete exclusion, including the team photo? There's more to this than meets the eye.
Taylor Richards on 15:26 - Oct 19 with 4755 viewsdaveB

yet some of those who let him down in the last game will be pulling on the shirt again this weekend
Taylor Richards on 15:29 - Oct 19 with 4745 viewsconnell10

What manager would he be good under mate?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Taylor Richards on 15:30 - Oct 19 with 4740 viewsQPRConor2000

Taylor Richards on 15:25 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Granted but does that warrant complete exclusion, including the team photo? There's more to this than meets the eye.

I agree, its very very odd why hes nowhere to be seen.

Its a very weird situation cause the club are paying him £15k a week which is honestly outrageous considering he played once all season.

I think we ether need to consider a mutual termination of this contract or we look to reduce his wages in half.

The club needs to find some funds and we have to consider all options at this point, and releasing Taylor Richards sadly might have to be considered.

At the end of the day, we'd be cutting the wage bill by £780k per year, which is a huge amount.
Taylor Richards on 15:37 - Oct 19 with 4676 viewsTheChef

Taylor Richards on 15:30 - Oct 19 by QPRConor2000

Its a very weird situation cause the club are paying him £15k a week which is honestly outrageous considering he played once all season.

I think we ether need to consider a mutual termination of this contract or we look to reduce his wages in half.

The club needs to find some funds and we have to consider all options at this point, and releasing Taylor Richards sadly might have to be considered.

At the end of the day, we'd be cutting the wage bill by £780k per year, which is a huge amount.

Any proof he is on 15K a week?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Taylor Richards on 15:40 - Oct 19 with 4665 viewsstantheman10

If Taylor Richards does have health issues of any type whether it be mental or physical the club as an employer legally can't just move him on or halve his wage in these days of employees rights
Taylor Richards on 15:41 - Oct 19 with 4658 viewsbosh67

I think there is quite a big mental health issue here that we only know a part of. He is getting pelters from some fans but he's clearly not well enough to play properly for now. Hopefully the club can get him right. He has lots of talent but if you're state of mind and mental health aren't right... Got to let this guy get better and hopefully if he can we will eventually see what he actually can do. The club has taken a lot of blame but Taylor has suffered multiple setbacks away from football that have affected him greatly. For all those who remember what Carlisle went through here (different circumstances) we only really knew how bad his health was after he left the club.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Taylor Richards on 15:43 - Oct 19 with 4641 viewsQPRConor2000

Taylor Richards on 15:41 - Oct 19 by bosh67

I think there is quite a big mental health issue here that we only know a part of. He is getting pelters from some fans but he's clearly not well enough to play properly for now. Hopefully the club can get him right. He has lots of talent but if you're state of mind and mental health aren't right... Got to let this guy get better and hopefully if he can we will eventually see what he actually can do. The club has taken a lot of blame but Taylor has suffered multiple setbacks away from football that have affected him greatly. For all those who remember what Carlisle went through here (different circumstances) we only really knew how bad his health was after he left the club.

Its difficult cause hes shown to be a useful player at times when he can.

Hopefully he can get himself back up to speed.
Taylor Richards on 15:44 - Oct 19 with 4636 viewsNorthernr

Taylor Richards on 15:25 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Yh there is absolutely. I did a long post the last time this came up I'll try find a link when I get a moment.
Taylor Richards on 15:44 - Oct 19 with 4633 viewsQPRConor2000

Taylor Richards on 15:37 - Oct 19 by TheChef

Any proof he is on 15K a week?

https://www.capology.com/club/qpr/salaries/

This is what I found.
Taylor Richards on 15:44 - Oct 19 with 4630 viewsNorthernr

Taylor Richards on 15:29 - Oct 19 by connell10

What manager would he be good under mate?

Not many, but certainly not this one.
Taylor Richards on 15:46 - Oct 19 with 4611 viewsdaveB

Taylor Richards on 15:44 - Oct 19 by QPRConor2000

This is what I found.

says at the top of that all wages are estimates. Is complete guesswork really
Taylor Richards on 15:49 - Oct 19 with 4592 viewsQPunkR

Taylor Richards on 15:05 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

It's utterly bizarre especially considering how light the squad is in midfield. He's been with the club for over a year but, the odd cameo aside, is yet to kick a ball in anger. Given how poor the team is this season you'd think he'd be in contention but he's essentially AWOL. I'm surprised more wasn't made of it at the recent fans forum. There's clearly more to it than meets the eye and the club need to be honest with the fans about this situation.

He has tied his shoelaces in anger, mind

QPR - "shit but local"

Taylor Richards on 15:53 - Oct 19 with 4574 viewsTheChef

Taylor Richards on 15:46 - Oct 19 by daveB

Well quite - unless I should happen to see club accounts or player payslips, everything else is guesswork.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Taylor Richards on 15:53 - Oct 19 with 4569 viewspriceyparkrangers

Complete waste of space.

And where is the tangible evidence of this “abundance of talent” everyone seems to claim the guy has?
Taylor Richards on 16:05 - Oct 19 with 4499 viewskensalriser

Taylor Richards on 15:46 - Oct 19 by daveB

"All salary figures are estimates as actual salaries may vary. Unverified players are calculated using algorithms, or sourced from reporting that has not been confirmed yet. Coverage may be limited or incomplete."

In summary: "A crock of shit basically. Soz."

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Taylor Richards on 16:06 - Oct 19 with 4486 viewscolinallcars

If a player is injured long term, is that covered by any sort of insurance policy ? If so, would this include mental illness ?
Taylor Richards on 16:14 - Oct 19 with 4458 viewshubble

Maybe the club can get their money back from Brighton under the Trades Description Act, because the person they were sold was - I'm fairly certain - described as a 'football player'.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Taylor Richards on 16:24 - Oct 19 with 4419 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Taylor Richards on 15:44 - Oct 19 by QPRConor2000

This is what I found.

That site has Begovic and Cook earning £62k a week between them. You saw that and went on to believe the Taylor Richards salary was trustworthy?
Taylor Richards on 16:29 - Oct 19 with 4401 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Taylor Richards on 15:30 - Oct 19 by QPRConor2000

It's also not true that there would be any cost savings in releasing him. Whatever he's on (almost certainly nowhere near £15k a week) would have to be paid up in a lump sum. At least whilst having it tied up in his long contract the money's amortised across a long period. Releasing him would move it all to an expense this year, unless he agrees to sever ties for less than one year of the three he's still owed - lol!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024