Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? 17:08 - Oct 25 with 9021 viewsWestonsuperR

I really didn’t want Ainsworth for a number of reasons which makes his failure even more frustrating for me. It seemed like at the time there was quite a lot that agreed with the GA appointment, anyone honest enough to admit they wanted him? It’s time to man-up and repent!?
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 15:30 - Oct 26 with 1139 viewsCammington

The moment I heard GA's name being thrown around I knew we were in trouble. We'd spent the previous years recruiting managers and players to play a certain style and then brought in someone who was the complete antithesis of that, whose name wouldn't even been on any shortlist except for a previous association with the club. It was doomed to fail, as these things always are.

Love the bloke but shouldn't have been anywhere near the managers position.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 15:32]
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 15:41 - Oct 26 with 1116 viewsjoe90

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 11:09 - Oct 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry lads, I knew it’s trendy (and easy) to give Ainsworth a kicking when he’s down but the truth is there wasn’t the level of opposition to his appointment being intimated here.

It’s starting to look like crowing to me and I think it’s a bit distasteful frankly. Despite his failures and inevitable sacking I think he deserves more respect than he’s getting.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 11:14]

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 16:01 - Oct 26 with 1066 viewscheeseydane

Echo many of the posts here. Didn't feel the right appointment at the time but because of his status with us.. etc.
I just wish he'd lose the pink high heels. Makes me cringe.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 16:44 - Oct 26 with 971 viewspaulparker

Ainsworth is on a hiding to nothing, this relegation has been coming since the start of 2022 and the end of Warburtons reign, the club has been playing like relegation candidates bar that brief spell under Beale
I think Ainsworth thought he could come in get a few results and sell either chair or Willock and bring in players he knows from the lower leagues , obviously this hasn’t happened and he has had to buy freebies like cook and colback etc , Gareth looks like he has been sold a pup too
The blame has to go with the board for this mess the chickens are finally coming home to roost after 13 years of total miss management
You can also blame the back room staff for not producing enough talent and the idiot who signed cowards like JCS ,and who gave 4 years to Kakay and Nico

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 16:47 - Oct 26 with 971 viewsmart_Goblin

Was hoping for Gary O’Neil perhaps unrealistically but did think GA might come in and show this bunch some pride and guts and spirit so I’ll ‘man up’ and say I was relatively happy . Thought he might sort a few out but he’s come in pandered to this bunch even more than previous managers .
I hadn’t seen a great deal of Wycombe apart from when they played us and the odd play off game .

As I said elsewhere, the Bristol City game in May was the moment he was the wrong appointment and we were in serious trouble going forward with him .

It’s sad. I like GA. He’s Rangers legend . He’s a heavy rock fan like myself . But he has to go Saturday evening . No point beforehand . But enough is enough .

He has lost the dressing room. It happened in a big way after the Blackburn game and loads of worrying things coming from inside the club regarding the squad . The players are not blameless but when they look to the side line and see those boots and skin tight Jeans I think they see a joke and no inspiration. Someone who puts his stage gear on for match day instead of concentrating on winning a bloody game
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 19:07 - Oct 26 with 879 viewsbaz_qpr

Irony if Beale had taken the Wolves job we would have got Edwards and probably been ok. I thought we were right not to renew Warburton due to his fall outs and failure to arrest the losing run. I thought Beale was exactly the right appointment and what can you do about what happened I don’t know. I thought Critchley following Beale having failed at Villa following Beale was a massive red flag right man at the wrong time. I thought he had to go as he clearly had lost the dressing room. I thought Ainsworth was the most brain dead appointment in a decade, yet I can see Amits logic and why in his head this could be Warnock part 2 and would appease the fans. But Warnock was proven, at best Ainsworth has won League 1 and 2 playoffs. But failed at this level previously.
It’s been a disaster and it was clear from week 1 with all the talk about changing the style (without having the players to do it. He was given full reign this summer when we should have been hard headed and said thanks at the end of the season. And the recruitment has been awful. I posted he should have gone after Watford and pre-season. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after Cardiff, Southampton, Ipswich etc but each week it’s just got worse and worse and this is now below Paul Hart levels of bad . The worst I can remember worse than Ray Hartford for god sake
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? (n/t) on 21:29 - Oct 26 with 798 viewshubble

[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 22:27]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 00:10 - Oct 27 with 719 viewsnumptydumpty

I didn't want Critchley anymore so anyone else was preferable.

Not sure if Ainsworth's remit was avoid relegation last season or relegation was inevitable and here's the man to get us back up !!

It was his turn !!

Ie been mentioned for years.

As long as he is not replaced by Tim Sherwood for similar reasons..
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 0:11]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024