Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? 17:08 - Oct 25 with 9020 viewsWestonsuperR

I really didn’t want Ainsworth for a number of reasons which makes his failure even more frustrating for me. It seemed like at the time there was quite a lot that agreed with the GA appointment, anyone honest enough to admit they wanted him? It’s time to man-up and repent!?
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 23:18 - Oct 25 with 1655 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 20:56 - Oct 25 by davman

With you mate and whilst I knew we'd be saying bye to the nice pretty triangles, I thought it would be replaced with direct attacking, full bloodied football. But then I saw the summer recruitment and the collapse of Willock and Richards under Ainsworth. I thought that we'd get better at defending and attacking set pieces. I thought we'd get fitter.

None of those things. Not one. An utter shambles; a dead dressing room; the same old bunch of losers and on top of it all, we are killing two prospects in Armstrong and Kolli who should be nowhere near the first team in a Championship side; they should be at L1 and L2 clubs respectively plying their trade, coming back to us when they get to 40-50 games elsewhere.

The fact that he isn't even trying Chair and Willock in the same team is shocking. Let the back 7 defend with two of them breaking to support and then let them loose again. His way has not worked in any way shape or form. Dobbo was the great hope, but clearly talks a good game a little else.

GA needs to walk away for his health's sake - he is not looking good atm.

Crap all round.

Richards and Willock collapsed long before Ainsworth. Richards didn’t even get off the floor in the first place.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 23:22 - Oct 25 with 1640 viewsdistortR

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 23:18 - Oct 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Richards and Willock collapsed long before Ainsworth. Richards didn’t even get off the floor in the first place.

Should never have taken the extra years option on Willock.
Shouldn't have touched Richards with a barge pole.
Now, if either had Ainsworth's character, we'd be alright.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 23:33 - Oct 25 with 1613 viewsgolborne

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 20:14 - Oct 25 by paulparker

No he wasn’t at all , Curbs actually achieved something with Charlton like a promotion
The rot started under him and he blew what budget we had on a load of wasters , with the attacking talent he had here during his time he got nowhere near the play offs
It’s rather telling no championship club has come in for the reincarnation of Terry Venables since he left and West Ham moved him on after a year

He didn’t have and we still don’t have a goal scorer + he insisted on moving Steph out of the holding role to make way for field. Love his energy, but he struggles to control a football and that’s where we started going defence to midfield and back again and across. That player needs the basics of a footballer or you have to resort to hoof ball
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 23:33 - Oct 25 with 1615 viewshighleverhoopL

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 17:57 - Oct 25 by WestonsuperR

I always felt Warbs added a level of calmness and stability and the league finishing positions speak for themselves, highly frustrating that so many wanted him out for a poor run based mainly on injuries.

Even if he did keep getting turned over by rock bottom Peterbrough United. I never got the feeling losses really hurt Warbs as long as we had played the "right" way - all about the process not the result.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 23:36]
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 23:35 - Oct 25 with 1608 viewsSydneyRs

Didn't really want him but certainly wanted him to succeed once he arrived.

I remain of the belief that he has great personal qualities, is a good leader of people and is capable of instilling self belief in players. Where he's seriously lacking is in the tactical department. I'd hoped Dobson might be able to fill that gap but it doesn't seem to be happening.

GA had his style at Wycombe but it doesn't work here and he's unable to adjust because he's never coached any other style. He's tried his best but is failing miserably. Its sad to see because he is genuinely a great guy.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 00:04 - Oct 26 with 1556 viewsHAYESBOY

For purely football reasons I stated at the time I thought it was wrong.
Really wanted it to succeed or at least be competitive most of the time.

In going back further, we fcked up in not giving Warburton another contract.

Smells like a trout farm in here

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 10:13 - Oct 26 with 1370 viewsQPunkR

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 19:10 - Oct 25 by E15Hoop

I'm happy to own up and openly admit that I was happy with the Ainsworth appointment, as was obvious from my many throughout the early part of this year, especially after the Burnley and Stoke results last year.

Reasons being all those that we've debated repeatedly over the last however many months its been now, but largely because I genuinely believed that his passion and love for the club would enthuse the players.

I also believed that Dobbo's passion for emotional intelligence and its impact on players, rubber-stamped by testimonials from players like Kadeem Harris, Jordon Ibe and Matt Phillips (formerly of this parish) would transform the squad so that we would at least be comfortably positioned in our beloved 16th place.

At the very least, I thought we'd use a tactical formation that was pragmatic, based on common sense, including playing our best players in the positions that they play best in, and, like everyone else, I'm lost for words as to why GA seems determined to write himself a tactical suicide note for every match that passes us by. I genuinely have no idea how he comes up with half this stuff, and then is surprised when it blows up in his face, as, it would appear, are the players themselves.

However, let's not forget that the rot had set in even over the last half of the Warbler's last season, so, as many posters have reminded us, the fault for all of this mess does not lie solely with Ainsworth. Could he have helped himself (and us) a lot more by making some simple and blatantly obvious changes that even those of us not blessed with a host of UEFA coaching badges could spot from outer space? Hell yes..

This pretty much sums it up for me. I wasn't crying out for him to be brought in as manager but once he was I was hopeful we'd at least go more attacking and play with some passion. Sadly no, and no

QPR - "shit but local"

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 10:29 - Oct 26 with 1359 viewsSimonJames

Nope!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 10:53 - Oct 26 with 1334 viewsDesertBoot

I didn't want him here in the first place as his style of football and Sunday league management style were alien to the Championship and our club.
He should have gone at the end of last season, we were safe and here was a chance to take off the handbrake but we were soundly beaten 3-0 by Bristol City at home.
I do feel for him as it is his dream job and it hasn't worked out but trying to turn us into Queens Park Wanderers was naive and has proved to be disastrous.

Wish I could be like David Watts

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 11:09 - Oct 26 with 1315 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry lads, I knew it’s trendy (and easy) to give Ainsworth a kicking when he’s down but the truth is there wasn’t the level of opposition to his appointment being intimated here.

It’s starting to look like crowing to me and I think it’s a bit distasteful frankly. Despite his failures and inevitable sacking I think he deserves more respect than he’s getting.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 11:14]
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 11:16 - Oct 26 with 1300 viewsAntti_Heinola

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 11:09 - Oct 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry lads, I knew it’s trendy (and easy) to give Ainsworth a kicking when he’s down but the truth is there wasn’t the level of opposition to his appointment being intimated here.

It’s starting to look like crowing to me and I think it’s a bit distasteful frankly. Despite his failures and inevitable sacking I think he deserves more respect than he’s getting.

There wasn't the level of opposition for one main reason: most of us adore him and even if most of us also knew it was the wrong appointment, we wanted it to be right, and certainly didn't want to judge before he got here. Even though I didn't think it was right, I didn't want to oppose it, because of my love for the man.
If he was a manager we did not previously love, not one single person would have been calling for him.

Bare bones.

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 11:27 - Oct 26 with 1271 viewsTheChef

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 11:16 - Oct 26 by Antti_Heinola

There wasn't the level of opposition for one main reason: most of us adore him and even if most of us also knew it was the wrong appointment, we wanted it to be right, and certainly didn't want to judge before he got here. Even though I didn't think it was right, I didn't want to oppose it, because of my love for the man.
If he was a manager we did not previously love, not one single person would have been calling for him.

Yeah I don't think there was too much opposition to his appointment, but a few people felt it wouldn't go well and despite being a great player he would still get dog's abuse.

And here we are.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 11:37 - Oct 26 with 1248 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Well, I don’t disagree, but why has that supposed reverence turned into Frank Gallagher memes and 13 threads about how shit he is?
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 12:02 - Oct 26 with 1222 viewsQPunkR

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 11:37 - Oct 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, I don’t disagree, but why has that supposed reverence turned into Frank Gallagher memes and 13 threads about how shit he is?

Because we're QPR and this is what we do, especially to our heroes

QPR - "shit but local"

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 12:11 - Oct 26 with 1207 viewsRangersw12

How much respect has he shown the fans setting us up like a non league side and trying to instill a mentally that we should be fortunate we're on the same pitch as West Brom FFS
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 12:47 - Oct 26 with 1162 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 12:11 - Oct 26 by Rangersw12

How much respect has he shown the fans setting us up like a non league side and trying to instill a mentally that we should be fortunate we're on the same pitch as West Brom FFS

Get a grip mate.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 12:58 - Oct 26 with 1146 viewsPhilmyRs

I don't agree with this. I think there was quite a lot of scepticism on the appointment, the only saving grace was his passion for the club, and how a lot of us had fond memories of him as a player which has actually saved him from getting a lot more stick than others have got in the past. I think most fans wouldn't have appointed GA if given the choice.

I don't like to see what's happening now, but he should have been sacked weeks ago, for his own health, and for the future prospects of the club. That's he's not been, is why the animosity has grown and could get very ugly on Saturday.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 13:24 - Oct 26 with 1075 viewsR_from_afar

"If he was a manager we did not previously love, not one single person would have been calling for him".

I thought he had done an incredible job at Wycombe and thought he could potentially do a good job at QPR. I have watched a lot of Wycombe games and while I found his style direct, it didn't look to me like agricultural football, although it was direct, energetic too. I'll admit it wasn't possession based or tika taka but a fair bit of it was on the deck and I only saw aimless long ball hoofing right at the end of games when they were trailing. His teams seemed well drilled, committed and warriors who never gave up. The number of late goals they scored was impressive.

However, I have seen the widespread desire on here for an attractive style and for that reason, I didn't want him when we appointed him. I could see the stylistic issue irritating a big chunk of the fanbase if results weren't good, particularly following on from the classy football we often saw under Warbs, and initially, Beale. I did expect him to do a reasonable job and I also felt like at some point, we would end up appointing him anyway, but I was nervous, though totally supportive, when he took the helm.

Clearly, I was wrong about how he would do, I admit that. His time is up, sadly, it just has not worked.

One thing I do wonder - and obviously, this is a mad hypothetical scenario - is what would have happened if he had come to QPR with his Wycombe squad. I think it's an indictment of our current squad that while things wouldn't have gone brilliantly, I think they would have gone very slightly better. Our players are complicit in this ongoing disaster. Just look at their form, none of them are performing anywhere near their best, and - boring repetition alert - they are failing to do a lot of the simple basics, basics which no coach at a professional club should need to spend any time on.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 13:47 - Oct 26 with 1011 viewsRangersw12

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 12:47 - Oct 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Get a grip mate.

Pot kettle.....
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 14:03 - Oct 26 with 973 viewsLongRanger

Happy to admit I was open to him coming, not because of his QPR connections as I don't agree that he's a club legend, he was just a popular former player. I was open to him, as I thought he's get us well organised, fit, would get rid of the poor attitude players, and whilst we'd go direct, we'd be aggressive and competitive in every game.

I was wrong, he hasn't done any of those things and I now don't think he is able to, Blackburn was the point of no return.

Ultimately I think the core issue is with the owners and management, but GA is not good enough and needs to be replaced.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 14:52 - Oct 26 with 885 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 10:53 - Oct 26 by DesertBoot

I didn't want him here in the first place as his style of football and Sunday league management style were alien to the Championship and our club.
He should have gone at the end of last season, we were safe and here was a chance to take off the handbrake but we were soundly beaten 3-0 by Bristol City at home.
I do feel for him as it is his dream job and it hasn't worked out but trying to turn us into Queens Park Wanderers was naive and has proved to be disastrous.

Excellent post here DesertBoot he kept us up (more luck than coaching IMO ) then we needed to clear out the dead weights in the summer and GA and his team.
Now its spiralled downwards and we have to correct this dead spin right now .
If QPR was his dream job and he left the place where he was loved and very succesful he must be crushed mentally and physically right now .
When he gets the ax where will his next job come from .No championship team will look at him so is it lower leagues ?.
His career could be over and his legacy tarnished by coming back here .Very sad and probably the reason he cannot find it inside to walk away
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 14:53 - Oct 26 with 884 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I just read through the whole thread and I couldn't disagree more Baz.

Hardly anyone is crowing, I just picked up the disappointment and sadness of another legend ruined.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 15:12 - Oct 26 with 835 viewshighleverhoopL

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 14:03 - Oct 26 by LongRanger

Happy to admit I was open to him coming, not because of his QPR connections as I don't agree that he's a club legend, he was just a popular former player. I was open to him, as I thought he's get us well organised, fit, would get rid of the poor attitude players, and whilst we'd go direct, we'd be aggressive and competitive in every game.

I was wrong, he hasn't done any of those things and I now don't think he is able to, Blackburn was the point of no return.

Ultimately I think the core issue is with the owners and management, but GA is not good enough and needs to be replaced.

100% same here
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 15:16 - Oct 26 with 826 viewsterryb

As I expect most of you know, I was very underwhelmed with the appointment of Gareth as manager.

However, I don't think that now is the time for myself or others to gloat/told you so. As a Queens Park Rangers supporter, I take no pleasure from what the past 9 months have done to the health of our manager, or to the position the club are now in.

I also don't think the owners of the club are helping either party by delaying the inevitable.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 15:22 - Oct 26 with 820 viewsLandshark

I didn't want him from day one.

Not because I didn't think he was good enough but because the club had been working towards playing a certain style, bringing in players of a certain style and molding the youth to play a certain style. The reputation of Gareth was completely the opposite of what we had been working towards. It made no sense to me appointing him, it just seemed a decision based on making the fans happy rather than for progressing this football club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024