Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! 18:53 - Nov 3 with 19784 viewssilky

Anybody connected to him know how's he's doing? In all the managers we've had this one feels so personal.
Absolutely the right decision to let him and Dobbo go regardless of what happens now but genuinely been thinking about how he must be feeling and the state of his mental health.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:01 - Nov 3 with 9213 viewsPunteR

Yeh been thinking this too Dan. Must be a tough one for him and his family I would imagine. Had a stable job now unemployed with his reputation as a manager ruined.
Hopefully he can get a job in the lower leagues.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:05 - Nov 3 with 9187 viewsRangersw12

He's probably doing Scrooge McDuck impression and diving into all the money he's earnt from us over the last 6 months
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:09 - Nov 3 with 9110 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I‘m not connected to him, but I sent him a private message on social media wishing him all the best and he replied with some nice words about the supporters and the club.

Still loves us, not that I think a minority deserve it.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:10 - Nov 3 with 9127 viewsLandshark

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:05 - Nov 3 by Rangersw12

He's probably doing Scrooge McDuck impression and diving into all the money he's earnt from us over the last 6 months

And the money to pay up the rest of his contract..
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:13 - Nov 3 with 9099 viewsG_Ottershaw

crossed my mind as well, definitely alot more personal for him with his connection to the club.
maybe he'll pop up on Netflix, 'Gaz is back on the road.... cos you can't stop the music'
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:15 - Nov 3 with 9082 viewsqpr_1968

not connected to him at all, but felt a connection after chatting to him before a couple of home games last season.
he used to sit outside a little coffee shop/cafe on his own, 11/12 oclockish, next door to o donaghues pub, goldhawk road on match day.....bristol city last game being one.
very approachable, never put him on the spot, did'nt want to make him feel uncomfortable, well he had just kept us up.
i did ask him why he didnt jump in with any of the players who used to drive down conningham road and on to loftus road.....he just said nah.

sad it didnt work out for him.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:18 - Nov 3 with 9048 viewsPunteR

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:05 - Nov 3 by Rangersw12

Didn't mean to downvote mate. . Phat phingers.
I did think this too that his family won't be going hungry tonight. But still. .. this one has to hurt him I'm sure.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:23 - Nov 3 with 9019 viewsHoopsie

Hope he get some time to recuperate and comes back stronger

I don’t think this will break him, Ainsworth is a very strong and positive person, but no doubt he will feel very disappointed but surely not bitter the way it had to end

At least from his point of view he finally got his chance and gave it his all but it didn’t happen the way we would want it to happen (albeit in trying circumstances)and for us an “itch” the chairman had to scratch in order to revert back to our original strategy to develop the club playing culture and ethos

Hope both sides manage their future well and best of luck to us all

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:39 - Nov 3 with 8881 viewsdaveB

I'm sure he's fine, he'll be disappointed but he'll get over it, plenty of jobs out there for him
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:39 - Nov 3 with 8878 viewsaston_hoop

I'm certainly drawing a line under Ainsworth's managerial spell now, I'll want to go back and remember him as the player he was, the one I loved watching and part of my favourite season watching this club.

As for his future, I think he is still popular at Port Vale and that job is probably coming up soon. Wonder if that would suit him in order to get back into the game

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:43 - Nov 3 with 8839 viewsRangersw12

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:09 - Nov 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

I‘m not connected to him, but I sent him a private message on social media wishing him all the best and he replied with some nice words about the supporters and the club.

I'm sure he said he wasn't on social media and didn't read it
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:47 - Nov 3 with 8799 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:43 - Nov 3 by Rangersw12

I'm sure he said he wasn't on social media and didn't read it

Don’t know what to say.

There are many platforms and I found him.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:51 - Nov 3 with 8801 viewsaston_hoop

He's certainly on LinkedIn if people want to know about his GCSE results

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:12 - Nov 3 with 8701 viewsFDC

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:39 - Nov 3 by daveB

I'm sure he's fine, he'll be disappointed but he'll get over it, plenty of jobs out there for him

I hope he does come back to management and finds some success, i'll defo be rooting for him in whatever he does next. Can't imagine how shit it is to manage a club you love and make a dogs dinner of it, this will have hurt him an awful lot.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:30 - Nov 3 with 8601 viewsNorthernr

It's a lovely sentiment, and I worried about him too watching his interviews. It was his dream job, he wanted it for ten years, he left the safest job in football to get it, he loves QPR and he's a decent guy. So many of the problems were ones he inherited, and could do nothing about. We're borderline unmanageable.

So it's hard not to have your heart break for him. But, here, let me have a go...

He could have resigned, saved the club some money.

He was earning six figures to do the job, and it's only football, it's not like he was in charge of an oil rig or a power plant or a bridge that blew up and people died.

What about the people who are spending their money in an economic crisis following a team around that's basically lost 50 of its last 90 games? How's their mental health?

Sorry, but after the efforts and expense we went through to get to Leeds and Huddersfield, and what we were rewarded with when we got there, I'm struggling to sympathise too much with somebody who's probably just pocketed a pay off it would take me years to earn.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:44 - Nov 3 with 8521 viewsted_hendrix

There Isn't a football Manager In the world who'll get any sympathy from me after getting the sack.
That goes for professional footballers too.
Get a grip.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:51 - Nov 3 with 8466 viewsloftupper

Maybe he can spend some time off learning some new coaching skills! If he really wants to make it as a manager he has to do better than he showed at QPR.

He earned a large fat salary for something he was not equipped for, sad thing is football appears to be rife with it, players and managers alike.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:54 - Nov 3 with 8442 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Clive and Ted : )

[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 21:17]
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:59 - Nov 3 with 8434 viewsR_from_afar

Classy by you, classy by him. Good on you for doing that.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 21:13 - Nov 3 with 8366 viewsHunterhoop

Well done, Baz. I’m not in social media. Glad someone got in touch.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 21:23 - Nov 3 with 8311 viewsSAPilgrim

Will choose to remember him as the manager that saved us from a near certain relegation, and if I ever see him around will certainly offer to buy him a drink. What’s been and gone is regrettable but even if you’d call me one-eyed I’m choosing to see past some of the failings.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 21:42 - Nov 3 with 8186 viewssilky

Clive raises some good points and the football he served up really was dark age stuff.

But Ted money doesn't solve everything and shouldn't always be used as an excuse. Gareth genuinely wanted to do well and he cared. How many of our previous managers besides Olly can you say that about?

Gaz had to go, absolutely, I'll be the first one to admit and be thankful the board finally pulled the plug.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 21:50 - Nov 3 with 8161 viewslassel

For several years, my wife nagged at me to go along and see her hometown team AFC Eskilstuna play and I stubbornly refused until around 5 years ago on a beautiful summer day I caved and took my FIL along to Tunavallen, their stadium.

Now to set the scene, AFC are rather an MK Dons-esque outfit having moved around several cities before settling in Eskilstuna, and having got a team, when their owners wanted to build a stadium, on top of the no doubt hefty bribe, they were forced to include housing in the development…. Their solution was to build 4x high rise blocks in each corner, bolt the floodlights to the blocks and have a pitch in the middle. Pics to prove I didn’t make this up:

Anyway, when I went to see them, they were in Allsvenskan the Swedish top division, had a new chairman who my FIL advised was also the cities #2 car dealer and fancied himself as a football agent as all of the players and the new manager were procured by him. The managers prior claim to fame was a stint in the Bosnian 2nd division so you know he was up and coming.

When we got there and took our seats I did notice that the residents in the flats were all sat on their balconies with their loungers facing away from the game which in retrospect should’ve been a hint of what was to come…

Now this fella’s game plan was to have his goalkeeper release the ball to the full back every time, with instructions that as soon as they were pressed they were to launch it up at the two 5’9 strikers and the 9 staying behind the ball could fight for the second ball scraps. This somewhat worked as they held out for 85 minutes, at which point a CB who must’ve been at least 6’9 was summoned from the bench to come on up top and put the cat amongst the pigeons……anyway it finish 0-2 to Häcken who are now Swedish champions whilst AFC are about to be relegated to the regional divisions…

The point to this story is that compared to this guy, Ainsworth looks a positively progressive coach and a job swap with Martí wouldn’t be out of the question.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 22:26 - Nov 3 with 8000 viewsShev

Wycombe fan here. I genuinely believe GA still won't have regrets at making the move and having tried, even after failing to accomplish his goals. The alternative was staying with Wycombe after taking us to a high watermark, and spending the rest of his life wondering if he could have made the grade with QPR. The answer may be "no", but at least he found out!

He is a very positive chap, and will bounce back. I personally think the only way he ever gets back to the Championship is to take a L1 club there. He should end up getting another shot at L1 or L2, but he needs to choose his next job carefully to rebuild his reputation. I actually think L2 would be less pressure, as there are only two relegation spots, and a lot less expectations over playing style. He has a few clubs he is a legend at, but I think Wimbledon would be the best fit personally, as they have the potential to get back in L1 and have GA build another Wycombe-type culture if he can.

However much managers earn, I do think it is unfair to expect any to resign and lose their payout, even if they are not doing well results wise. Managers put a lot of work in, and more hours than anyone else, and to say someone wholehearted like GA should lose the payoff for his family because it did not turn out well is not on. Yes, managers get paid well, but you are always one gig away from being on the scrapheap and having to make what you have last for years.

Best of luck to you with the new chap.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 22:33 - Nov 3 with 7963 viewsDanVanDyke

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 21:50 - Nov 3 by lassel

For several years, my wife nagged at me to go along and see her hometown team AFC Eskilstuna play and I stubbornly refused until around 5 years ago on a beautiful summer day I caved and took my FIL along to Tunavallen, their stadium.

Now to set the scene, AFC are rather an MK Dons-esque outfit having moved around several cities before settling in Eskilstuna, and having got a team, when their owners wanted to build a stadium, on top of the no doubt hefty bribe, they were forced to include housing in the development…. Their solution was to build 4x high rise blocks in each corner, bolt the floodlights to the blocks and have a pitch in the middle. Pics to prove I didn’t make this up:

Anyway, when I went to see them, they were in Allsvenskan the Swedish top division, had a new chairman who my FIL advised was also the cities #2 car dealer and fancied himself as a football agent as all of the players and the new manager were procured by him. The managers prior claim to fame was a stint in the Bosnian 2nd division so you know he was up and coming.

When we got there and took our seats I did notice that the residents in the flats were all sat on their balconies with their loungers facing away from the game which in retrospect should’ve been a hint of what was to come…

Now this fella’s game plan was to have his goalkeeper release the ball to the full back every time, with instructions that as soon as they were pressed they were to launch it up at the two 5’9 strikers and the 9 staying behind the ball could fight for the second ball scraps. This somewhat worked as they held out for 85 minutes, at which point a CB who must’ve been at least 6’9 was summoned from the bench to come on up top and put the cat amongst the pigeons……anyway it finish 0-2 to Häcken who are now Swedish champions whilst AFC are about to be relegated to the regional divisions…

The point to this story is that compared to this guy, Ainsworth looks a positively progressive coach and a job swap with Martí wouldn’t be out of the question.

My wife's friend (who is Swedish) lives in Eskilstuna and we visited this summer. Spent national day in the park and saw the stadium, thought it looked pretty cool.
Nice place. We'll definitely visit again, next time I'll wear my hoops!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024