Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ebere or Adel? 13:41 - Nov 25 with 7249 viewsdutch

If you could have either one of those two back in the hoops at their absolute prime, which one would you opt for? Adel's wayward, stroppy, sulking genius or Ebere's smooth, floating grace and perfect attitude?
Ebere or Adel? on 09:28 - Nov 26 with 1562 viewsEsox_Lucius

Adel is arguably the best footballer to ever play in the second tier and, despite the commonly held belief that he never did it in the EPL, he did! Hughes & Redknapp ruined him for us but there were definitely times that he was on of the best in the EPL too.
I remember one game he came on as sub against Wolves when we were 2-0? down and destroyed their midfield and defence singlehandedly only to meet Wayne Hennessey on a day he had the best game of his life. If not for Hennessey he could have had 3-5 goals that day instead of one.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 9:45]

The grass is always greener.

Ebere or Adel? on 09:31 - Nov 26 with 1560 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Adel.

He's the best player I've ever seen play for Rangers and that includes Sir Les and Super Ray.

I was wasn't born when Stan and Rodney played.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ebere or Adel? on 15:01 - Nov 27 with 1381 viewsQPunkR

Another in the Tarbs camp. Eze was silky smooth but Adel was an absolute force of nature

QPR - "shit but local"

Ebere or Adel? on 15:10 - Nov 27 with 1374 viewsJimthehip

Adel

The guy was the best QPR player i've ever seen
Ebere or Adel? on 19:47 - Nov 27 with 1300 viewsWestonsuperR

Surprised this is a debate considering the career of both other than at QPR.

Eze has made it in the Prem, played for England which is a real achievement given the standard of the current squad and now signed a contract worth a fortune in the Premier League. Adel outstanding in the Championship but only at times and often frustrated, failed miserably when played at the level above.

What you would get with Eze is a great attitude in every match, which is exactly what you would want in a relegation fight, not someone throwing their gloves off and trying to walk off the pitch (Hull - away).
Ebere or Adel? on 21:36 - Nov 27 with 1248 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Adel.
More goals and more assists than Eze would ever manage
Shame he couldn’t keep it going.
But at his best…. no contest
Ebere or Adel? on 01:47 - Nov 28 with 1150 viewsPunteR

Ebere or Adel? on 23:07 - Nov 25 by Hunterhoop

It’s a good question.

In a top team, Eze every day.

In a bad team/Championship side, Adel every day.

Adel will win games on his one more regularly than Eze. But Eze gets more out of everyone else around him than Adel did/would.

Two great players though. Attitude blighted Adel. Hopefully injury doesn’t not blight Eze.

Not sure I agree on your point about getting more out of players around them. I think Taraabt wins that for me. Although I haven't seen Eze play much since he left.
I just think of all the goals he created as well as scored.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 1:48]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ebere or Adel? on 10:04 - Nov 28 with 1069 viewsToast_R

Taarrabt by some distance. Look at the goals, look at the assists. Was an absolute footballing genius. One player who could make Loftus Road hold it's breath when he got on the ball in the opponents half and for different reasons when he had the ball in his own half...

Blessed are those who got to watch him in a QPR shirt.
Login to get fewer ads

Ebere or Adel? on 10:15 - Nov 28 with 1048 viewsW7Ranger

Adel just shades it for me. Both brilliant players that we were lucky to have, both within 10 years of each other! One got us promoted, the other got us our record transfer fee which kept us afloat...just!

Great question by the way.
Ebere or Adel? on 19:16 - Nov 29 with 933 viewstimcocking

Ebere or Adel? on 19:47 - Nov 27 by WestonsuperR

Eze has made it in the Prem, played for England which is a real achievement given the standard of the current squad and now signed a contract worth a fortune in the Premier League. Adel outstanding in the Championship but only at times and often frustrated, failed miserably when played at the level above.

What you would get with Eze is a great attitude in every match, which is exactly what you would want in a relegation fight, not someone throwing their gloves off and trying to walk off the pitch (Hull - away).

Well yeah, we all realise Adel was a bloody liability at times.

I think the question was more of a hypothetical who’s better sort of thing. In which case it’s clearly Adel. He was only a touch of extra pace away from being the best in the world if he’d wanted to.
Ebere or Adel? on 20:07 - Nov 29 with 895 viewsMick_S

Ebere or Adel? on 19:16 - Nov 29 by timcocking

Well yeah, we all realise Adel was a bloody liability at times.

I think the question was more of a hypothetical who’s better sort of thing. In which case it’s clearly Adel. He was only a touch of extra pace away from being the best in the world if he’d wanted to.

I’d go with a touch in the brain, Tim. Could’ve had the football world.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ebere or Adel? on 20:45 - Nov 29 with 862 viewsBlackCrowe

Eze is by far the better team player and wonderful player with a personality to match, but Adel in his prime is pure box office. Adel.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ebere or Adel? on 11:03 - Nov 30 with 777 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ebere just contacted me and asked me let people know that he votes for Adel.

The grass is always greener.

Ebere or Adel? on 11:08 - Nov 30 with 774 viewsslmrstid

I loved Eze but Adel had the far bigger impact at QPR.

BUT...Eze is probably going to have a better overall career than Adel, which is his own fault.

Adel had the talent to be one of the best in Europe for a decade, but he didn't have the application for it, and I would argue he will look back at his career one day and realise the best year of his career was winning the Championship for QPR, which for a man of his talent is criminal.

Still, he's made loads of money off it and lived the high life still so who am I to judge?
Ebere or Adel? on 12:53 - Nov 30 with 742 viewsnix

Given the actual question, definitely want Ebs back with his great attitude and sheer joy at playing.

He'd light up Loftus Road again. Not sure Adel could be arsed in a less than brilliant team.

It's a shame Eze hasn't really had a chance to get going at Palace with the long term injury and having to play second fiddle to Zaha for so long.
Ebere or Adel? on 16:47 - Dec 1 with 670 viewsHayesender

This is beautiful 😍

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ebere or Adel? on 17:15 - Dec 1 with 654 viewsMick_S

Ebere or Adel? on 16:47 - Dec 1 by Hayesender

This is beautiful 😍

Lovely ending to the video as well.

Great stuff.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ebere or Adel? on 20:20 - Dec 1 with 605 viewshoops_legend

Both great players for us and both owed a lot of respects

Eze has so much continued potential it’s great to see but Taarabt is a once in a generation talent. Love him and changed every game he played
Ebere or Adel? on 20:59 - Dec 1 with 590 viewsQPunkR

Ebere or Adel? on 19:47 - Nov 27 by WestonsuperR

That's incredibly harsh (and completely wrong in my eyes!) saying that Tarbs failed miserably at a higher level. He still had brilliant games and absolutely schooled seasoned international defenders in the Premiership after we had our shaky start. And don't forget his performances at AC Milan, which I'm sure you'd agree is a step above Selhurst!

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024