Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Geordie Walker RIP 22:01 - Nov 26 with 2687 viewsDrewster

Killing Joke guitarist gone.
I’m saw KJ at the Albert Hall in March and he was amazing, just stunning on his Gibson.
Geordie Walker RIP on 22:08 - Nov 26 with 2660 viewsBluce_Ree

This is up there with Rik Mayall dying.

The greatest guitarist ever. Literally the soundtrack of my childhood.

Gutted.

Fking gutted.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Geordie Walker RIP on 22:56 - Nov 26 with 2584 viewsted_hendrix

Bad day for bad news. (RIP Geordie Walker).
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 23:29]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Geordie Walker RIP on 23:14 - Nov 26 with 2560 viewsBluce_Ree

He did things that no one could do. People can play faster or heavier or whatever but he made a guitar sound like two or three.

Geordie Walker RIP on 03:38 - Nov 27 with 2442 viewsDannyPaddox

Man was as cool as fcuk
The gold (Gretsch?) Gibson
And the cheekbones (always helps)
Less is more
Another Empire backfires
RIP
Geordie Walker RIP on 07:17 - Nov 27 with 2390 viewsBluce_Ree

Geordie Walker RIP on 03:38 - Nov 27 by DannyPaddox

Man was as cool as fcuk
Less is more
Another Empire backfires
RIP

Big old gold top Gibson.

Yep very cool. Had an arrogance on stage that came from being the best.

Geordie Walker RIP on 16:04 - Nov 27 with 2215 viewsFrankieFiveAngels

Blimey, it's only a year since we lost Keith Levene and now Geordie - 2 of the greatest (along with the late great John McGeoch).

Sad news indeed R.I.P.
Geordie Walker RIP on 16:41 - Nov 27 with 2165 viewsted_hendrix

Geordie Walker RIP on 03:38 - Nov 27 by DannyPaddox

Man was as cool as fcuk
Less is more
Another Empire backfires
RIP

"His guitar of choice was a hollow-bodied 1952 Gibson ES-295 in gold lacquer with a trapeze tailpiece, a model also used by Elvis Presley sideman Scotty Moore. Walker bought it in the early 1980s from an old jazzman who played in clubs. He plugged it into two Burman amplifiers, "and the sound was there – a full resonance, and totally bell-like with the sustain on it through 250 watts of amplification in stereo. You can feel the thing vibrating, it's a huge sound. I tune the guitar in D (below bottom E) and my strings are really thick, I use an 062 on the bottom [in 1984], and because of the way I tune the guitar, the strings still have the same response as a normal guitar would. The amplification makes the bottom end sound unreal. [...] the sound of the guitar is a lot sharper, a lot clearer than other ones I've heard"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Geordie Walker RIP on 17:01 - Nov 27 with 2146 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

I can’t add to what Bluce has already said, other than or recommended, to anyone who hasn’t already seen it, The Death and Resurrection Show. I saw it on Prime but it might also be on youtube now.
Incredible stuff, but funny too, esp the bit about what happened at the Reading Hexagon, of all mundane places.
RIP, Geordie.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 17:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Geordie Walker RIP on 18:57 - Nov 27 with 2075 viewsdezzar

Geordie Walker RIP on 16:41 - Nov 27 by ted_hendrix

"His guitar of choice was a hollow-bodied 1952 Gibson ES-295 in gold lacquer with a trapeze tailpiece, a model also used by Elvis Presley sideman Scotty Moore. Walker bought it in the early 1980s from an old jazzman who played in clubs. He plugged it into two Burman amplifiers, "and the sound was there – a full resonance, and totally bell-like with the sustain on it through 250 watts of amplification in stereo. You can feel the thing vibrating, it's a huge sound. I tune the guitar in D (below bottom E) and my strings are really thick, I use an 062 on the bottom [in 1984], and because of the way I tune the guitar, the strings still have the same response as a normal guitar would. The amplification makes the bottom end sound unreal. [...] the sound of the guitar is a lot sharper, a lot clearer than other ones I've heard"

Well explained Ted , no one will sound like that again , a huge loss .RIP Geordie x
Geordie Walker RIP on 19:17 - Nov 27 with 2043 viewsBoston

I always laugh when a certain Killing Joke reference comes into my head...and they weren't even on the bill. I was walking into the Lyceum, maybe 1980, when passing a group of young men adorned in leather jackets, bondage pants, spiked bleached hair etc, I overheard one of them say to the others he'd passed a club on the way where KJ were playing, and all their 'weirdos' were lined up outside waiting for the doors to open.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Geordie Walker RIP on 21:12 - Nov 27 with 1986 viewsPaddyhoops

A love like blood . What a track . RIP.
Geordie Walker RIP on 22:26 - Nov 27 with 1943 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Geordie Walker RIP on 02:41 - Nov 28 with 1882 viewsDannyPaddox

Nirvana are a great band but I resisted ‘em for a good while seeing them as septics ripping off punk … particularly this Killing Joke number … okay I could be wrong (I could be right) I believe there was an out of court settlement.

This tune never erodes. Geordies’ thrunging chords are immense … called 80s and should be dated but ironically it’s timeless … Sentiment-wise does anything change? … Trump, Plump, Cuthbert, Dibble, Braverman, Netanyahoo, Netangoogle, The Argentinian freak … and all their merry internet apologists … Follow the Leaders
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 4:39]
Geordie Walker RIP on 11:19 - Nov 28 with 1767 viewsBluce_Ree

If you want to hear Geordie at his best, it's on this track.

That shows what the man could do.

Geordie Walker RIP on 23:41 - Nov 28 with 1635 viewsqprxtc

Killing Joke are a great band, not heard about often enough.

My brother got Night Time and o was hooked. Wonderful band, wonderful sound. Chris Kimsey does his stuff but a great band is such.

I only have NughtTime and the singles album but Geordie is a hero.

Bluce mate. I feel it too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024