Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rizz….. 13:34 - Dec 4 with 6622 viewscolinallcars

New word of the year according to the Oxford University Press.
There are some rather more unpleasant words to describe our year one feels…..
Marti has “rizz” I reckon.
Rizz….. on 04:05 - Dec 5 with 1098 viewsFredManRave

Rizz….. on 22:43 - Dec 4 by connell10

Sounds like total bollocks to me.

You're such a rizzist!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rizz….. on 09:10 - Dec 5 with 1009 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rizz….. on 04:05 - Dec 5 by FredManRave

You're such a rizzist!

Todays homework...
Lekker, Gank, Pog, Nerf, Buff, OP, Cracked, Smurf, Grind, Whale, Dolphin, f2p, BtW.
All legit gaming slang.

The grass is always greener.

Rizz….. on 09:27 - Dec 5 with 994 viewsdmm

Way back in the day, didn't we refer to these as rizz?
Rizz….. on 09:28 - Dec 5 with 994 viewsPhilmyRs

Not a fan of some of the new words coming out or general phrasing.

The one that everyone seems to be doing (for a long time now) and no idea how it came about, and does irritate, is putting "Super" in front of words. The former QPR assistant manager on one of the podcasts couldn't get enough of it. Everything is now "super excited", "super pleased", "super proud". I must have missed how this became a thing but everyone seems to do it. I just don't know when it started becoming a thing, is it an American thing that we've just started doing? or has it always been there and I just missed it?
Rizz….. on 10:14 - Dec 5 with 950 viewsPunteR

Rizz….. on 09:10 - Dec 5 by Esox_Lucius

Todays homework...
Lekker, Gank, Pog, Nerf, Buff, OP, Cracked, Smurf, Grind, Whale, Dolphin, f2p, BtW.
All legit gaming slang.

Sounds like a South London graffiti crew.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Rizz….. on 10:19 - Dec 5 with 943 viewsrobith

This thread

Rizz….. on 10:20 - Dec 5 with 943 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Rizz….. on 16:30 - Dec 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m trying to learn German at the moment, badly, as some contributors to this forum can testify.

They are extremely touchy about the anglophone entries into their language. Brought up in the Reichstag on several occasions apparently.

Language should should be defined by its usage as you say.

The war is over

DonnieR

Rizz….. on 10:31 - Dec 5 with 934 viewsderbyhoop

BBC did a box pop on the word. Talk about generational divide. Nobody over 30 had ever heard the Word of the Year.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Rizz….. on 23:22 - Dec 6 with 801 viewsplasmahoop

Well, I'm over 50 now, and divorced. I thought I knew what this word meant, but didn't realise it was derived from charisma. The young lad at work uses it a lot, to refer to chatting up girls. 'dropping rizz`. And he usually asks me, as Ihe knows I'm single: drop any rizz over the weekend?' To which I generally reply, no.
People who are particularly adept at chatting up are wizards of rizz
Rizz….. on 08:00 - Dec 7 with 738 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rizz….. on 23:22 - Dec 6 by plasmahoop

Well, I'm over 50 now, and divorced. I thought I knew what this word meant, but didn't realise it was derived from charisma. The young lad at work uses it a lot, to refer to chatting up girls. 'dropping rizz`. And he usually asks me, as Ihe knows I'm single: drop any rizz over the weekend?' To which I generally reply, no.
People who are particularly adept at chatting up are wizards of rizz

Dropping rizz is only a facet; you need to need to be dropping fierce drip too. It helps if you look snatched as well.

The grass is always greener.

Rizz….. on 08:19 - Dec 7 with 729 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rizz….. on 08:00 - Dec 7 by Esox_Lucius

Dropping rizz is only a facet; you need to need to be dropping fierce drip too. It helps if you look snatched as well.

The kid my missus works with who regularly says “rizz” told me I was “wham” the other day which I’m told is a compliment.
Rizz….. on 09:11 - Dec 7 with 703 viewsMick_S

We’re too old and not picking up what they’re putting down.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Rizz….. on 11:29 - Dec 7 with 661 viewsMrSheen

Rizz….. on 16:30 - Dec 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m trying to learn German at the moment, badly, as some contributors to this forum can testify.

They are extremely touchy about the anglophone entries into their language. Brought up in the Reichstag on several occasions apparently.

Language should should be defined by its usage as you say.

I like the way languages adopt English-derived names for things that aren’t used in English, if you see what I mean. So, German uses Handy for mobile phone, though I think that was ever the case in any English speaking country. The Japanese for pencil is enpitsu, but a mechanical pencil is shāpupenshiru, a transliteration of Sharp pencil, in memory of the Sharp company who made Japan’s first and later made consumer electronics and grey Manchester United shirts. A stapler is a hochikisu, their rendering of Hotchkiss, the American company that introduced the stapler there.

I’d be on for using Elfmeter instead of penalty, sounds much cosier
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 11:33]
Rizz….. on 13:52 - Dec 7 with 613 viewsplasmahoop

Rizz….. on 08:19 - Dec 7 by Watford_Ranger

The kid my missus works with who regularly says “rizz” told me I was “wham” the other day which I’m told is a compliment.

I think wham has a double meaning. It can mean strong or stacked, as in someone who goes to the gym a lot. Or it can mean properly fat. If he was accusing you of being fat, probably a risky thing to say. I'm guessing you're just strong
Rizz….. on 14:21 - Dec 7 with 591 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rizz….. on 13:52 - Dec 7 by plasmahoop

I think wham has a double meaning. It can mean strong or stacked, as in someone who goes to the gym a lot. Or it can mean properly fat. If he was accusing you of being fat, probably a risky thing to say. I'm guessing you're just strong

Well now I feel self-conscious
Rizz….. on 14:23 - Dec 7 with 586 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rizz….. on 11:29 - Dec 7 by MrSheen

I like the way languages adopt English-derived names for things that aren’t used in English, if you see what I mean. So, German uses Handy for mobile phone, though I think that was ever the case in any English speaking country. The Japanese for pencil is enpitsu, but a mechanical pencil is shāpupenshiru, a transliteration of Sharp pencil, in memory of the Sharp company who made Japan’s first and later made consumer electronics and grey Manchester United shirts. A stapler is a hochikisu, their rendering of Hotchkiss, the American company that introduced the stapler there.

I’d be on for using Elfmeter instead of penalty, sounds much cosier
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 11:33]

The German word for Pillow is my favourite. I’ll let you Google it!
Rizz….. on 14:43 - Dec 7 with 568 viewsMrSheen

Rizz….. on 14:23 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

The German word for Pillow is my favourite. I’ll let you Google it!

I was checking online that they still called mobiles Handys (30 years since my classes) and found another weird Englishish creation. Messenger bags, the satchels carried by couriers etc…German name, “Body-Bag”.
Rizz….. on 20:56 - Dec 7 with 521 viewsplasmahoop

Rizz….. on 14:21 - Dec 7 by Watford_Ranger

Well now I feel self-conscious

Sorry about that. I'm sure it was meant as a compliment
Rizz….. on 22:38 - Dec 7 with 494 viewsderbyhoop

Dutch word for X-Ray is a Roentgenfoto.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024