Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread 11:59 - Dec 25 with 44956 viewsTomS

As the song continues, temptations on his way. You look at the form table, see Millwall struggling and think to yourself 'you know what, we can win this'.

The thing about new managerial bounces is that gravity eventually kicks in and you revert back to the level you should have been at all along. We won three in a row, but the feel good factor is beginning to wear off. We should have earned more than one point from our last three outings, but didn't. Gravity is holding us back from our desired ascent up the table. We cannot score as often as we need to, as we don't have (m)any natural goalscorers on the team. Pot shots from 60
yards don't usually result in goals.

So what's going to happen against Millwall? There won't be many goals scored in this one. I think we'll continue to frustrate ourselves and will fail to score, but will suffer from another momentary lapse of
concentration in defence and will lose 1-0.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 17:00 - Dec 26 with 2507 viewsMick_S

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:51 - Dec 26 by kitkev

were all in the pub now laughing about, how a pub team beat the champions of euorope.

being a gentleman in victory

you are shit

You are normally better than that kk.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 17:15 - Dec 26 with 2388 viewskitkev

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:56 - Dec 26 by bakerloo8

Grasp of the English language not your strong point I take it fella.

Enjoy those 3 points. Might be a while before u get another 3.

thats the trouble being pissed and celebrating victory fella
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 17:18 - Dec 26 with 2366 viewskitkev

i know mate but pissed off with people getting beat and still think there a class above us we are all in the position we are in because that is the reality of it and fail to admit outfought and team grafted for the win
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 17:20 - Dec 26 with 2367 viewsbakerloo8

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 17:18 - Dec 26 by kitkev

i know mate but pissed off with people getting beat and still think there a class above us we are all in the position we are in because that is the reality of it and fail to admit outfought and team grafted for the win

Thought u were pub standa to be honest. Luckily for you we were worse.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 17:22 - Dec 26 with 2345 viewsNorthantsHoop

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:01 - Dec 26 by Northernr

Big Asmir there for that second goal, absolutely hilarious. Stupid old twt.

That was shocking. This group are weak, mentally and physically.

With the ball none of them are brave enough to either want the ball in a difficult position, or do something difficult with it when they get it. Everything is just played easily, and that means it keeps ending up with Begovic. I keep saying that for this style to work you have to have people willing and able to take the ball in a tight spot, on the turn, and get it moving forwards. We must have played the ball back and back and back to Begovic 25 times in that first half. At one point we did it from our throw by their corner flag.

Without the ball we lost every tackle, every header, every second ball, every 50/50. Paal constantly collapsing looking for free kicks the referee has made it clear he's not giving. Nbody with a pair of bolox willing to stand there in a game like that and say "I'm not having it" and fcking stand their ground and belt somebody. Look at their first goal, and what our midfielders do with it (nice awareness at the back post from JCS as well btw) and then look at the George Honeyman yellow card for them - that's the difference. The only time we get yellow cards is when we're submitting entires for The Most Studpis Yellow Card of All Time competition we seem to be running amongst ourselves.

It's a piss weak group of players. Talk about the team selection and the subs and whatever you like, it's the players.

You almost watch it disbelieving what you are seeing including passing backwards continually mostly from the opposing half, players half hearted tackling and claiming foul when their attackers are winning the ball, wide players who can't cross a ball and unable to get players into the box anyway to meet what measly attacking play we have and to cap it off players that cannot shoot, Field totally guilty of failing to correctly put his laces through a ball. Sinton on the live video was a bit scathing on our lack of getting any attackers into Millwall's penalty area. God this team are so frustrating to watch you just can't rely on them and that has and is the problem and may well see us down.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 17:24]
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 17:26 - Dec 26 with 2316 viewsVancouverHoop

With the ball none of them are brave enough to either want the ball in a difficult position, or do something difficult with it when they get it. Everything is just played easily, and that means it keeps ending up with Begovic. I keep saying that for this style to work you have to have people willing and able to take the ball in a tight spot, on the turn, and get it moving forwards. We must have played the ball back and back and back to Begovic 25 times in that first half. At one point we did it from our throw by their corner flag.

Without the ball we lost every tackle, every header, every second ball, every 50/50. Paal constantly collapsing looking for free kicks the referee has made it clear he's not giving. Nbody with a pair of bolox willing to stand there in a game like that and say "I'm not having it" and fcking stand their ground and belt somebody. Look at their first goal, and what our midfielders do with it (nice awareness at the back post from JCS as well btw) and then look at the George Honeyman yellow card for them - that's the difference. The only time we get yellow cards is when we're submitting entires for The Most Studpis Yellow Card of All Time competition we seem to be running amongst ourselves.

It's a piss weak group of players. Talk about the team selection and the subs and whatever you like, it's the players.

Last para is spot on.

But I think this is basically a decent — not great, but adequate at this level — bunch of players who've lost self belief... again.

Think back, just a few games, to Marti's impact on them when they arrived. That's gone now. We have to score and, more importantly, expect to score consistently. It's really that simple but collectively, they don't so, individually, they're trying to force the issue.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 17:44 - Dec 26 with 2196 viewseastside_r

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 17:18 - Dec 26 by kitkev

Where did I say that we were a class above you?

Where did I claim that QPR were the champions of Europe?
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 17:50 - Dec 26 with 2147 viewstraininvain

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:51 - Dec 26 by kitkev

were all in the pub now laughing about, how a pub team beat the champions of euorope.

being a gentleman in victory

you are shit

In the pub with all your imaginary mates but busy posting on a qpr message board. Zzzzz.
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 18:03 - Dec 26 with 2070 viewsParkRoyalR

Dixon Bonner showed some leadership when he came on, wanting the ball constantly, looking for the forward pass, at one point the movement was so static around him he stood with the ball and pointed to the space where Kakay should be running into,

There are 11 good enough players in this squad to play 80+minutes each game and get us out of this, drop Dozzell, start Dixon Bonner, Cannon and play Chair in the middle and we can get out of this.

Do not consider starting Dozell,

Do not consider bringing on Kelman, Adomah (or Armstrong as a lone striker)

Change your formation + tactics to suit your best 11 so they can win these must win games.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 18:03 - Dec 26 with 2068 viewsToast_R

What a thoroughly depressing if not unsurprising read. I'm glad I opted to stay home with the family today and enjoy a boxing day of sorts. The only thing enjoyable about football at the moment is watching Man United implode. Hope to carry that on this evening. QPR can do one.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 18:10 - Dec 26 with 2026 viewslave16

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 18:03 - Dec 26 by Toast_R

What a thoroughly depressing if not unsurprising read. I'm glad I opted to stay home with the family today and enjoy a boxing day of sorts. The only thing enjoyable about football at the moment is watching Man United implode. Hope to carry that on this evening. QPR can do one.

Seeing the result, reading some of this and playing one of my kids on fc24 on the Xbox has really dented my confidence in us staying up

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 18:22 - Dec 26 with 1948 viewsNorthernr

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:48 - Dec 26 by tkqpr

I'd like to think that Cook & Colback would be the answer to this weakness we are showing however much they might help they aren't the answer but i think needed to stop the rot.

They’d need to turn up for work first. Another recruitment masterclass there.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 18:29 - Dec 26 with 1893 viewsThe_Beast1976

To be fair, you've been saying this for at least a year now. You are absolutely bang on. No-one is getting anything out of this bunch of cn uts. The whole squad needs to go and go now. Cn uts. Fc UK off.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 18:59 - Dec 26 with 1769 viewstraininvain

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 18:22 - Dec 26 by Northernr

They’d need to turn up for work first. Another recruitment masterclass there.

Yeah who could’ve guessed that it was a bad idea to keep Ainsworth and back him in the transfer window last summer before sacking him a few months into the season. Watching Begovic try to play out from the back is a real highlight.

I’m pretty sure there are numerous posts on at the end of last season predicting this exact situation. It’s like watching a car crash in slow motion.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 19:51 - Dec 26 with 1628 viewsE15Hoop

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 18:59 - Dec 26 by traininvain

Yeah who could’ve guessed that it was a bad idea to keep Ainsworth and back him in the transfer window last summer before sacking him a few months into the season. Watching Begovic try to play out from the back is a real highlight.

I’m pretty sure there are numerous posts on at the end of last season predicting this exact situation. It’s like watching a car crash in slow motion.

...And you seriously think this is all down to Ainsworth, when we have had numerous posters pointing out correctly that the rot had set in already in the last months of Warburton's reign?

Does this selective amnesia you clearly suffer from affect other areas of your life, or are you just taking the lazy option here?

Do you genuinely believe that we would have magically assembled a better squad better set of results and achieved a significantly under a different manager given the limited resources we have? I would suggest that what we have seen under the last 5 managers would tell you a somewhat different story.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 19:57 - Dec 26 with 1612 viewslassel

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 18:59 - Dec 26 by traininvain

Possibly the highlight of today was watching Begovic and Kakay try and play out from the back.

Like a pig fcking a football..
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 20:04 - Dec 26 with 1563 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 19:51 - Dec 26 by E15Hoop

...And you seriously think this is all down to Ainsworth, when we have had numerous posters pointing out correctly that the rot had set in already in the last months of Warburton's reign?

Does this selective amnesia you clearly suffer from affect other areas of your life, or are you just taking the lazy option here?

Do you genuinely believe that we would have magically assembled a better squad better set of results and achieved a significantly under a different manager given the limited resources we have? I would suggest that what we have seen under the last 5 managers would tell you a somewhat different story.

Come on. If MC had had all summer, recruitment, and pre season do you honestly think we would be bottom 3. Bottom half, yes, but this is down to not sacking Ainsworth in May.

We were poor at the end of Warburton, but Ainsworth was the nail in the coffin. QPR legend my arse.

MC right manager, wrong time. How very QPR.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 20:05 - Dec 26 with 1550 viewstraininvain

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 19:57 - Dec 26 by lassel

Possibly the highlight of today was watching Begovic and Kakay try and play out from the back.

Like a pig fcking a football..

The most painful part is we had a keeper who was very comfortable with the ball at his feet but went all in on Ainsworth’s attempt to replicate John Beck.

I’d say you couldn’t make it up but let’s be honest, most of us knew it would unfold this way.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 20:28 - Dec 26 with 1487 viewsthemodfather

if you don't score goals you can't win games and if you struggle to keep clean sheets you won't draw many either. our mini good run has crashed but we still have to hope we can start another run of wins.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 21:01 - Dec 26 with 1400 viewstraininvain

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 19:51 - Dec 26 by E15Hoop

I think I’d keep a low profile if I was one of Ainsworth’s biggest supporters on here.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 21:08 - Dec 26 with 1372 viewsFDC

Apart from anything else, it's pretty funking obvious that marti has told them to take a dive and buy a free kick at any touch, we need to get smarter if that's the new way. I'm not against it at all, but we need to do it a lot better than today
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 21:21 - Dec 26 with 1331 viewskitkev

should played the day after we would be suffering hang overs and give you a chance :)
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 21:22 - Dec 26 with 1324 viewsE15Hoop

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 20:04 - Dec 26 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Come on. If MC had had all summer, recruitment, and pre season do you honestly think we would be bottom 3. Bottom half, yes, but this is down to not sacking Ainsworth in May.

We were poor at the end of Warburton, but Ainsworth was the nail in the coffin. QPR legend my arse.

MC right manager, wrong time. How very QPR.

This is one of those discussions where we won't know the real answer until summer '24 , once Cifuentes has had his own full transfer window with hopefully a little more FFP headroom than we had this time around.

I 100% agree that it was beyond painful to hear the inferiority complex that Ainsworth was building into the players which basically guaranteed we lost the majority of the matches we played (especially this season) in the dressing room. I'm a fan of Cifuentes' game analysis, and the fact that he clearly sees through players' excuses, but the simple fact is that we've now lost the last 3 games on the spin, and lost ground on the pack we're trying to chase down as a result. You could therefore make a reasonable case that all we've actually achieved over the last few weeks is to move the deckchairs around on our personal Titanic.

I hope Cifuentes is given time (and wants to be given that time) to implement the changes he wants to make, but he himself has been very quick to point out that he is not the Messiah, and I thinks its too easy to label Ainsworth as the Devil.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 21:23 - Dec 26 with 1322 viewsToast_R

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 21:27 - Dec 26 with 1303 viewsE15Hoop

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 21:01 - Dec 26 by traininvain

I think I’d keep a low profile if I was one of Ainsworth’s biggest supporters on here.

Not my style, and I'm not particularly interested in your lazy attempts to demonise someone who gave his all for the cause without fail, regardless of what you personally perceive his shortcomings to be.

Again, I would respectfully suggest that you need to start engaging your intellect a little more rather than just going for the easy argument, especially when the evidence doesn't (yet at least) support your argument.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024