Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recruitment 11:35 - Dec 27 with 3444 viewsQPRConor2000

We all know recruitment is the hardest thing in Football, but we seriously need a major, major shakeup on the recruitment side of the club.

Why is that Lee Hoos basically is now the de-facto DOF when he is basically now the Chairman and CEO?

And who actually is in charge of recruitment?

The total lack of direction here is astounding to me.
Recruitment on 11:46 - Dec 27 with 3033 viewslassel

The setup is similar to at many other clubs - scouts provide reports, Belk does the analysis and presents options to DoF (which right now is Hoos). Without having any insight into Hoos behind the scenes I’d be surprised if he doesn’t just rubber stamp the targets put to him by Belk et Al.

Clearly a new DoF is vital (but seemingly not to the owners), but having Hoos make the final decision isn’t really that big of a deal right now where we have nothing to spend and will be scrapping around for freebies and loans from clubs who will waive a fee.
Recruitment on 13:04 - Dec 27 with 2897 viewsingeminate

Recruitment on 11:46 - Dec 27 by lassel

The setup is similar to at many other clubs - scouts provide reports, Belk does the analysis and presents options to DoF (which right now is Hoos). Without having any insight into Hoos behind the scenes I’d be surprised if he doesn’t just rubber stamp the targets put to him by Belk et Al.

Clearly a new DoF is vital (but seemingly not to the owners), but having Hoos make the final decision isn’t really that big of a deal right now where we have nothing to spend and will be scrapping around for freebies and loans from clubs who will waive a fee.

Ainsworth came in and tried to get the team playing direct football and we couldn’t do it as don’t have the players.

Marti has come in and tried to get us to play total passing football and we can’t do it as we don’t have the players.

I’m not sure what form of football we have the players for other than losing football.

No idea if we can make it happen financially, but if we can, would seem to make sense to have a total clear out of the type of players that don’t fit into whatever we are aiming for as a club and then go get some that will.

Not sure if I can watch Dunne play out the back much longer. Or cope with 17 passes from a goal kick, 3 of which nearly get intercepted, manage to get to half way and then play another 6 backwards ending up with someone passing it back to keeps.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Recruitment on 13:15 - Dec 27 with 2867 viewsOldPedro

There was another thread recently that talked about the players that are out of contract at the end of the season, so whatever happens (stay up or relegation), it is likely that there will be a big turnover of players at the end of the season

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/304391/4858196/pag

"Out of contract in the summer...

Dunne
Field
Willock
Dozzell
Armstrong
Bergovic
Kakay
Albert
Kelmans
Archer
EDB
SDM
Drewe "

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Recruitment on 13:23 - Dec 27 with 2833 viewsRangersw12

Recruitment on 13:15 - Dec 27 by OldPedro

There was another thread recently that talked about the players that are out of contract at the end of the season, so whatever happens (stay up or relegation), it is likely that there will be a big turnover of players at the end of the season

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/304391/4858196/pag

Dunne
Field
Willock
Dozzell
Armstrong
Bergovic
Kakay
Albert
Kelmans
Archer
EDB
SDM
Drewe "

We shouldn't be scared of losing any off that list
Recruitment on 13:44 - Dec 27 with 2810 viewsQPRConor2000

Recruitment on 13:23 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

We shouldn't be scared of losing any off that list

Also important to remember that if we do go down next season, there is no FFP in League 1, so the owners could put more investment into the team.

They wouldn't be able to hide behind FFP if we are in L1.
Recruitment on 13:53 - Dec 27 with 2780 viewsRangersw12

Recruitment on 13:44 - Dec 27 by QPRConor2000

Also important to remember that if we do go down next season, there is no FFP in League 1, so the owners could put more investment into the team.

Seems like you can only spend 60% of turnover on wages so there is some sort off FFP in League 1 .

https://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php
Recruitment on 13:59 - Dec 27 with 2756 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dunne
Field
Willock
Dozzell
Armstrong
Bergovic
Kakay
Albert
Kelmans
Archer
EDB
SDM
Drewe "

Thank fck!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Recruitment on 14:14 - Dec 27 with 2704 viewsTheChef

Recruitment on 13:04 - Dec 27 by ingeminate

Ainsworth came in and tried to get the team playing direct football and we couldn’t do it as don’t have the players.

Marti has come in and tried to get us to play total passing football and we can’t do it as we don’t have the players.

I’m not sure what form of football we have the players for other than losing football.

No idea if we can make it happen financially, but if we can, would seem to make sense to have a total clear out of the type of players that don’t fit into whatever we are aiming for as a club and then go get some that will.

Not sure if I can watch Dunne play out the back much longer. Or cope with 17 passes from a goal kick, 3 of which nearly get intercepted, manage to get to half way and then play another 6 backwards ending up with someone passing it back to keeps.

I think what you're saying is, they should try another sport.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Recruitment on 14:45 - Dec 27 with 2646 viewsQPRConor2000

Recruitment on 13:53 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

Seems like you can only spend 60% of turnover on wages so there is some sort off FFP in League 1 .

https://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

You can top it up through equity, this is how some of the bigger clubs in L1, like your Derby's of the world can spend a lot on wages.

Main difference compared to the Championship is that there is no limit to what an owner can put in and it is included in the turnover calculation, under Championship FFP rules, owners are only allowed to put in x amount per season.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 14:51]
Recruitment on 15:05 - Dec 27 with 2577 viewsSimonJames

Dunne
Field
Willock
Dozzell
Armstrong
Bergovic
Kakay
Albert
Kelmans
Archer
EDB
SDM
Drewe "

I think it's highly that we will be relegated this season.
So I think the first thing that has to be sorted out, before any player recruitment/retension, is who the manager will be.
Will Marti want to stay? Will we want to keep him? Who is the right person to rebuild this squad?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Recruitment on 16:15 - Dec 27 with 2478 viewsQPRConor2000

Recruitment on 15:05 - Dec 27 by SimonJames

I think it's highly that we will be relegated this season.
So I think the first thing that has to be sorted out, before any player recruitment/retension, is who the manager will be.
Will Marti want to stay? Will we want to keep him? Who is the right person to rebuild this squad?

Marti has stayed with clubs even if they went down previously and managed to get them back up, Ive got no doubt he will do the same with us.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 16:15]
Recruitment on 16:46 - Dec 27 with 2416 viewslassel

Recruitment on 13:44 - Dec 27 by QPRConor2000

Serious question, are you seriously accusing this ownership group of using ffp as an excuse to not spend??

This ownership is so horribly addicted to spending money to plug leaks that the only reason we don’t have a bunch of 30+ year olds on final contracts is because we physically can’t under FFP rules and are being saved from ourselves.

Ironically all they care about is spending money on players - they’ve had a decade in which they could’ve made Heston Grade 1 and given us our only chance of ever producing enough young players to be able to compete at this level, yet as Les scandalously told North, he didn’t think it was worth it.
Recruitment on 17:24 - Dec 27 with 2332 viewsbosh67

Recruitment on 13:04 - Dec 27 by ingeminate

"Ainsworth came in and tried to get the team playing direct football and we couldn’t do it as don’t have the players. Marti has come in and tried to get us to play total passing football and we can’t do it as we don’t have the players. I’m not sure what form of football we have the players for other than losing football."

We definitely have the players for losing football. It's almost a blueprint for losing football. The extras in the opening scenes of Private Ryan stay upright for longer.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Recruitment on 17:30 - Dec 27 with 2322 viewsbosh67

Dunne
Field
Willock
Dozzell
Armstrong
Bergovic
Kakay
Albert
Kelmans
Archer
EDB
SDM
Drewe "

Field, Willock and EDB would be the only ones I'd try and hold on to. I think Begovic has done pretty well to be honest but at 36 not sure we should hold on to him. He's not on the wages quoted.

So Field, Willock and EDB would be it but I feel Field and Willock will go anyway. So that leaves EDB from that 13.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Recruitment on 19:19 - Dec 27 with 2146 viewsQPR_Jim

Recruitment on 16:46 - Dec 27 by lassel

Serious question, are you seriously accusing this ownership group of using ffp as an excuse to not spend??

This ownership is so horribly addicted to spending money to plug leaks that the only reason we don’t have a bunch of 30+ year olds on final contracts is because we physically can’t under FFP rules and are being saved from ourselves.

Ironically all they care about is spending money on players - they’ve had a decade in which they could’ve made Heston Grade 1 and given us our only chance of ever producing enough young players to be able to compete at this level, yet as Les scandalously told North, he didn’t think it was worth it.

Well they spend the money on whoever they're told will get the results by the DoF and/or manager. They would presumably have spent more to get a decent striker if they could, Wells and the one that went to Cardiff for more money are examples that immediately come to mind. Hopefully the recent sponsorship deals are the owners waking up and looking at ways of utilising their existing funding to increase our FFP headroom.

With regards to academy grades, I think it was in response to the notion that we lose players to grade 1 academies because we're not grade 1. The point was made that the players we'd lose would likely still jump at the opportunity to go to Arsenal or Spurs, we would just get a little more money, so wouldn't stop the perceived issues. Also the bulk of the costs of grade 1 are not training related, so the quality of output wouldn't necessarily improve drastically and even if it did they could still leave for a different academy. So it's worth considering if the cost would be worth it.
Recruitment on 19:30 - Dec 27 with 2096 viewsstainrods_elbow

Recruitment on 11:46 - Dec 27 by lassel

If you don't find it bizarre and embarrassing that a CEO with a degree in economics from some tinpot US university, a line in chuckling complacency that could peel the enamel of your teeth, and by his own f*cking admission, no footballing experience or knowhow whatsoever, is rubber-stamping our transfer activities, words fail me! And we wonder why this club is going down the plughole!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Recruitment on 19:42 - Dec 27 with 2077 viewslassel

Recruitment on 19:30 - Dec 27 by stainrods_elbow

If you don't find it bizarre and embarrassing that a CEO with a degree in economics from some tinpot US university, a line in chuckling complacency that could peel the enamel of your teeth, and by his own f*cking admission, no footballing experience or knowhow whatsoever, is rubber-stamping our transfer activities, words fail me! And we wonder why this club is going down the plughole!

He is the CEO. Since day 1 he will have been rubber stamping all signings along with the CFO on Ferdinands recommendation, now we just don’t have the extra step in the chain of a DoF to provide their input.

It would be a big concern if we were splashing out millions of pounds on transfer fees, but we have and will be picking up freebies that the manager wants. This has been the model at QPR ever since the Tune takeover - what the manager wants, the manager gets. We could have Txiki Begiristan in as DoF and Ainsworth would’ve still been allowed to get Cook and Colback in on unwise contracts.
Recruitment on 20:59 - Dec 27 with 1979 viewsozexile

The whole thing needs a huge overhaul whatever parameter they are using to judge players is totally out of date with modern football.
Recruitment on 23:43 - Dec 27 with 1893 viewsDamo1962

Dunne
Field
Willock
Dozzell
Armstrong
Bergovic
Kakay
Albert
Kelmans
Archer
EDB
SDM
Drewe "

That's a good start. If any of those get new contracts... that's me finished entirely with this club.
Recruitment on 23:46 - Dec 27 with 1888 viewsDamo1962

Recruitment on 17:30 - Dec 27 by bosh67

Field, Willock and EDB would be the only ones I'd try and hold on to. I think Begovic has done pretty well to be honest but at 36 not sure we should hold on to him. He's not on the wages quoted.

So Field, Willock and EDB would be it but I feel Field and Willock will go anyway. So that leaves EDB from that 13.

Sorry EDB. He deserves a chance.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 23:47]
Recruitment on 09:28 - Dec 28 with 1698 viewsHunterhoop

Recruitment on 23:43 - Dec 27 by Damo1962

That's a good start. If any of those get new contracts... that's me finished entirely with this club.

You what?

Perhaps a tad extreme.

I’d want to keep Field and Dixon-Bonner from that list certainly. We will be a lot worse without Field, IMO.

You also need to be able to field a team, and a bench. It’s not easy just to magically find 10-15 players who are good enough, affordable, and want to play for you.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 9:33]
Recruitment on 09:42 - Dec 28 with 1671 viewsderbyhoop

Recruitment on 09:28 - Dec 28 by Hunterhoop

You what?

Perhaps a tad extreme.

I’d want to keep Field and Dixon-Bonner from that list certainly. We will be a lot worse without Field, IMO.

You also need to be able to field a team, and a bench. It’s not easy just to magically find 10-15 players who are good enough, affordable, and want to play for you.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 9:33]

Totally unrealistic is my take.

We haven't got a pot to p1ss in and people want us to bomb out 10+ players and bring in better replacements. Where's the money coming from?
Saleable assets - Chair. And that's it.
Transfer budget - ZERO
Loan fees - Can't afford them
Wages - low

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Recruitment on 09:50 - Dec 28 with 1646 viewsbosh67

Recruitment on 09:42 - Dec 28 by derbyhoop

Totally unrealistic is my take.

We haven't got a pot to p1ss in and people want us to bomb out 10+ players and bring in better replacements. Where's the money coming from?
Saleable assets - Chair. And that's it.
Transfer budget - ZERO
Loan fees - Can't afford them
Wages - low

Sadly your assumptions are probably all right.

Armstrong and Kelman would have been loaned out again if we had any senior options.

You wonder if the naming of the other stands helps us at all over the next month?

Is there any point in selling Chair? One of the few players who does at least care and is capable of bringing something to a game. If we sell him we don't exactly have a great hsitory of replacing better players. If we got $4m let's say for him could we find a striker? Perhaps abroad, perhaps not.

Never knowingly right.

Recruitment on 10:31 - Dec 28 with 1556 viewsQPROslo

Dunne
Field
Willock
Dozzell
Armstrong
Bergovic
Kakay
Albert
Kelmans
Archer
EDB
SDM
Drewe "

Unless we sell any of them or if any if them are on way too high wages, I'd be happy to keep Dunne, Field, Willock, Dozzell, Armstrong, Begovic, Kakay and EDB. Kakay as utility back up in a number of positions. Albert will retire I expect. Archer I've hardly seen play but think we have a couple of younger Keepers who are loaned out at lower League Clubs and could be back up Keepers next season. I've not seen enough potential myself from Kelman, SDM or Drewe to offer them new contracts though this may change especially if we're in League 1.
Recruitment on 16:58 - Dec 28 with 1451 viewsTheChef

Recruitment on 23:43 - Dec 27 by Damo1962

Yeah you tell em!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024