Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what is it with welsh labour 18:57 - Dec 29 with 3669 viewsBoundy

People don't use the bridge because they want to but have to

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12908319/Welsh-Labour-council-moves-rei

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:09 - Dec 29 with 2252 viewsFlashberryjack

And to think that Labour will be in Power at Westminster after the next general election !!!

From the frying pan into the fire.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:14 - Dec 29 with 2249 viewsswan65split

its the daily fail. council etc have denied it
its all part of the GE project fear .
Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:18 - Dec 29 with 2240 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Looks like the dull idiots stuck the proposal in a consultation paper.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:23 - Dec 29 with 2236 viewsGwyn737

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:14 - Dec 29 by swan65split

its the daily fail. council etc have denied it
its all part of the GE project fear .

The Mail really is a bin fire.

Here’s the headline:

“Welsh Labour council moves to reintroduce tolls on the Severn bridges which critics say would have a 'devastating' impact on families and businesses.”

This is buried in the text:

“But Monmouthshire council, on the Welsh side of the crossings, has floated the idea of campaigning to reimpose the charges.”

Floated the idea of campaigning. Doesn’t sound like ‘moves to reintroduce’ to me.

Then the final sentence:

“A Labour spokesman said it 'has no plans to support the reintroduction of Severn bridge tolls'.“
Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:28 - Dec 29 with 2228 viewsBoundy

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:23 - Dec 29 by Gwyn737

Here’s the headline:

“Welsh Labour council moves to reintroduce tolls on the Severn bridges which critics say would have a 'devastating' impact on families and businesses.”

“But Monmouthshire council, on the Welsh side of the crossings, has floated the idea of campaigning to reimpose the charges.”

Floated the idea of campaigning. Doesn’t sound like ‘moves to reintroduce’ to me.

Then the final sentence:

“A Labour spokesman said it 'has no plans to support the reintroduction of Severn bridge tolls'.“

Would that be an English labour or welsh labour spokesperson

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:30 - Dec 29 with 2219 viewsBarrySwan

Here’s the headline:

Then the final sentence:

So what does that sound like to you then?

I'd have thought that it's fairly plain in its explanation.
Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:41 - Dec 29 with 2200 viewsGwyn737

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:28 - Dec 29 by Boundy

Would that be an English labour or welsh labour spokesperson

I assume Welsh as English Labour don’t have that power.

Not sure though.
Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:41 - Dec 29 with 2199 viewsmajorraglan

Daily Mail is embellishing something to make political capital ahead of a potential May election.

The current are the most corrupt I can recall and pretty much everything is in worse shape now than it was 10 years ago. I’m no Labour fan, but surely they can’t be worse than the shower we have in power now.
Login to get fewer ads

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:43 - Dec 29 with 2199 viewsGwyn737

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:30 - Dec 29 by BarrySwan

So what does that sound like to you then?

I'd have thought that it's fairly plain in its explanation.

Sounds like one councillor has made a suggestion and the Mail has jumped on it and gave an hyperbolic headline.

File under never going to happen.
Just what is it with welsh labour on 20:56 - Dec 29 with 2155 viewsBarrySwan

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:43 - Dec 29 by Gwyn737

Sounds like one councillor has made a suggestion and the Mail has jumped on it and gave an hyperbolic headline.

Fair enough, you could be correct.
Just what is it with welsh labour on 21:09 - Dec 29 with 2137 viewsmajorraglan

Absolutely, it’s a consultation exercise on a transport plan, nowhere is there any evidence of any lobbying etc taking place. It’s DM BS.

There is only 1 way I’d support the reintroduction of tolls on the crossing and that’s if the money was used to build or part fund a fixed percentage of a relief road around Newport in much the same way the fee was introduced to pay for the construction of the bridges. The fee would have to be affordable say £1 or £2 per car and HGV and would have to stop as soon as the new road had been paid for. None of this £5.60 BS which was the fee when it was abolished.
Just what is it with welsh labour on 14:11 - Dec 30 with 2075 viewsSullutaCreturned

There is plenty factually wrong in Wales that they could use without resorting to nonsense like this.

Even Drakeford understands that removing tolls brought more business int Wales.

I don't doubt the day is coming when the majority of roads are tolled, it's more likely we all end up with boxes in our cars and we are automatically charged for every mile. I think that will come even if every driver has gone electric, they'll still cal it a green levy too.

I don't see that happening before I've stopped driving though.
Just what is it with welsh labour on 14:29 - Dec 30 with 2051 viewsFlashberryjack

Maybe that one councillor is just testing the water, p.olitics is a sneaky business

Hello

Just what is it with welsh labour on 17:37 - Dec 30 with 2002 viewsmajorraglan

Just what is it with welsh labour on 14:29 - Dec 30 by Flashberryjack

Maybe that one councillor is just testing the water, p.olitics is a sneaky business

I can see why someone in Chepstow who’s seen a huge increase in traffic volume or a local person who may have been priced off the housing market by people moving across from Bristol and who are now commuting may be supportive, but looking at it from a wider Welsh and west of England perspective (and non nimby perspective) given the backlash to the introduction of the 20mph the council or councillor would have to be mental to go with this idea.

As has been said it’s just one of a number of consultation exercises and the DM is creating mischief.
Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:06 - Dec 30 with 1992 viewsFlashberryjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 17:37 - Dec 30 by majorraglan

I can see why someone in Chepstow who’s seen a huge increase in traffic volume or a local person who may have been priced off the housing market by people moving across from Bristol and who are now commuting may be supportive, but looking at it from a wider Welsh and west of England perspective (and non nimby perspective) given the backlash to the introduction of the 20mph the council or councillor would have to be mental to go with this idea.

As has been said it’s just one of a number of consultation exercises and the DM is creating mischief.

If they know there will be a backlash, why bother having another consultation, I'm assuming consultations costs money, but of course, Wales likes wasting money.

Hello

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:32 - Dec 30 with 1985 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Given their record I don’t think there’s anything we can file under never going to happen.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:37 - Dec 30 with 1979 viewsbuilthjack

The Senedd have no plans whatsoever to reintroduce tolls.

Perhaps England should get rid of toll roads too.
That’s what you guys need to comment on and fight against.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 22:09 - Dec 30 with 1936 viewsSullutaCreturned

Just what is it with welsh labour on 17:37 - Dec 30 by majorraglan

maybe you're missing a problem though, they call it a consultation but look at the outcome of other consultations. The 20mph, votes for kids, increasing the number in the Senedd...just because it's a consultation doesn't mean it won't happen.

It is probably nonsense though. A mental idea, as you say.
Just what is it with welsh labour on 22:27 - Dec 30 with 1928 viewsDr_Winston

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:37 - Dec 30 by builthjack

The Senedd have no plans whatsoever to reintroduce tolls.

Perhaps England should get rid of toll roads too.
That’s what you guys need to comment on and fight against.

The Senedd will introduce tolls. You'd have to be wilfully bonkers to believe that a Goverment who gives itself the power to do something won't inevitably do so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 23:31 - Dec 30 with 1901 viewsBoundy

Just what is it with welsh labour on 22:27 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

The Senedd will introduce tolls. You'd have to be wilfully bonkers to believe that a Goverment who gives itself the power to do something won't inevitably do so.

If people took time to actually read their manifesto then perhaps its not beyond the realms of possibility at all but because the Mail reported it ( along with many other media outlets ) then file under what ? Its a pity some are so hateful of the Tory's that's they're blind or if not ready to forgive the destruction within Wales from its own governing body , and with shame on you all.

https://www.welshlabour.wales/wp-content/uploads/sites/183/2019/11/Welsh-Labour-

Just what is it with welsh labour on 23:35 - Dec 30 with 1900 viewsDr_Winston

Just what is it with welsh labour on 23:31 - Dec 30 by Boundy

If people took time to actually read their manifesto then perhaps its not beyond the realms of possibility at all but because the Mail reported it ( along with many other media outlets ) then file under what ? Its a pity some are so hateful of the Tory's that's they're blind or if not ready to forgive the destruction within Wales from its own governing body , and with shame on you all.

https://www.welshlabour.wales/wp-content/uploads/sites/183/2019/11/Welsh-Labour-

If it's not tolls it'll be a reduction of the speed limit on the entirety of the M4 under their control to 50mph. It's hard to comprehend the kind of denialism that would suggest any other outcome at this point.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 05:38 - Dec 31 with 1856 viewsbuilthjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 22:27 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

No they won’t.
They got rid. It has saved business’s and individuals £1000s, millions in some cases.

But England have tolls.
They should get rid, not rob individuals and business’s every day.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 09:11 - Dec 31 with 1836 viewswaynekerr55

Here’s the headline:

Then the final sentence:

Aside from the wars New Labour's biggest mistake was not regulating these shîtty rags out of business. cloughie was right about the damage these parasites have caused

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Just what is it with welsh labour on 09:20 - Dec 31 with 1835 viewsBoundy

Just what is it with welsh labour on 05:38 - Dec 31 by builthjack

No they won’t.
They got rid. It has saved business’s and individuals £1000s, millions in some cases.

But England have tolls.
They should get rid, not rob individuals and business’s every day.

You must realise that despite the tolls being removed , the average speed between the Severn bridge and the Brynglas tunnels is 40 mph ,daily . The speed limit on the M48 ( designated 70mph motorway is now down to 50mph . the main arterial routes into and out of s Wales are a disgrace, just think what an improvement to our economy if we had a transport system worthy of its name .

Just what is it with welsh labour on 09:35 - Dec 31 with 1827 viewsBoundy

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:18 - Dec 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

Looks like the dull idiots stuck the proposal in a consultation paper.

page 42

https://www.monmouthshire.gov.uk/app/uploads/2023/12/MCC-LTP-Consultation.pdf?fb
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 9:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024