Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Marti hopefully learnt last night 08:01 - Dec 30 with 6353 viewsBlackCrowe

- Osman is not for this team
- Dykes is a bench starter
- Cannon, Cook, C-S and Paal is our back four
- Larkeche is one to nuture and focus on.

My guess is that Marti has a couple of players (almost certainly a striker or two) on his January loan wishlist...be very surprised if they are not from Hammerby or else in Scandinavia

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 13:56 - Dec 30 with 1922 viewsParkRoyalR

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 13:38 - Dec 30 by daveB

even in that 20 minutes he gave a suicidal back pass which almost ended in a corner

Wasn't enough pace on the ball to head to safety so was only option, not the best but ok, not on a level with JCS's gifted pass which should have seen us 0-1 and on for another defeat.
What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 14:04 - Dec 30 with 1897 viewskensalriser

I listened to first half commentary on Radio Suffolk and their pundit was at pains to point out repeatedly how many players they had out (4 or 5) and that with those players they'd have beaten us easily. During the extended break he said little else. He wasn't complimentary about Ball and thought Luongo was ineffective without his usual partner. Despite the patent hand wringing he was probably right.

If any lesson was learned perhaps it was that even with our best or close to it team we still can't score against a makeshift opposition.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 14:19 - Dec 30 with 1833 viewstraininvain

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 14:04 - Dec 30 by kensalriser

I listened to first half commentary on Radio Suffolk and their pundit was at pains to point out repeatedly how many players they had out (4 or 5) and that with those players they'd have beaten us easily. During the extended break he said little else. He wasn't complimentary about Ball and thought Luongo was ineffective without his usual partner. Despite the patent hand wringing he was probably right.

If any lesson was learned perhaps it was that even with our best or close to it team we still can't score against a makeshift opposition.

A makeshift opposition who have been in the top two all season while we’ve been in the bottom three. 33 points between us and them.

I doubt last night is the first time they’ve had to use their squad players due to injuries and suspension. And we should’ve had at least one penalty.
What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 14:26 - Dec 30 with 1798 viewsWegerles_Stairs

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 12:15 - Dec 30 by Northernr

He knows full well that's his back four and that Kakay is crap.

On Monday there's a strong possibility Cook and Cannon won't be available. Then what?

Who else could play right back? You play Kakay, you're a goal down from the start.
What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 14:29 - Dec 30 with 1794 viewsNorthernr

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 14:26 - Dec 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

Who else could play right back? You play Kakay, you're a goal down from the start.

Drewe, who's worse.

He's moved EDB there in a few games after subs, maybe he'll consider that.

This what I've been saying last few days though - "that one's on you Cifuentes, should never pick Kakay". There is literally nobody else.

This post has been edited by an administrator
What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 14:38 - Dec 30 with 1721 viewsstainrods_elbow

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 12:49 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Exactly. And this is the problem Cifuentes has, and why criticism of his recent team selections is unfair. He knows full well what his best 11 is, the physical condition of our squad means he can't pick it very often.

Can't wait to see the starting 11 for Bournemouth. I think it's Jude and Conor from the Box Office down the right side that day.

This post has been edited by an administrator

This positivity is so infectious - hope the manager and team aren't despairing three days before we kick a ball!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 14:42 - Dec 30 with 1738 viewsNorthernr

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 14:38 - Dec 30 by stainrods_elbow

This positivity is so infectious - hope the manager and team aren't despairing three days before we kick a ball!

Said Mr Happy and Upbeat.
What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 16:17 - Dec 30 with 1614 viewsbenhurst

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 13:40 - Dec 30 by Northernr

There is some suggestion Fox might be able to feature on Monday. Not that he's really that good, but Dunne just looks absolutely all over the place for me atm.

I know Dunne has been shocking recently but I thought he was decent enough against Southampton and last night I don't think I saw him miss a header the entire time he was on the pitch. Do agree on Fox being a big improvement though
Login to get fewer ads

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 16:24 - Dec 30 with 1579 viewsstainrods_elbow

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 14:42 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Said Mr Happy and Upbeat.

I'm reinventing myself for 2024, besides which I contain multitudes, Clive!
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 16:24]

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 16:42 - Dec 30 with 1553 viewsNorthernr

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 16:24 - Dec 30 by stainrods_elbow

I'm reinventing myself for 2024, besides which I contain multitudes, Clive!
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 16:24]

Yeh I'm sure

I'm not taking criticism for shagging around from Princess Diana I'm sorry.
What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 17:39 - Dec 30 with 1435 viewsmart_Goblin

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 12:26 - Dec 30 by ParkRoyalR

As long as for whatever reason the midfield don't hide and show as they did last night and he plays Smyth in front of Kakay, I have confidence we can keep a clean sheet.

I have seen Smyth + Kakay defend the right side very well this season.

Blimey. Really?
Even Ainsworth bombed them both out after the Leeds game . They were targeted by every team we played .
I see that very differently. In fairness to Smyth I thought he looked really dangerous last night . And that’s it . We want him going forward not back
What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 17:50 - Dec 30 with 1406 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just on the OP. I'm not sure MC would have learnt anything new last night that he didn't already know.

This squad is weak, and beyond 6 or 7 players there are no Championship quality players. I'm amazed that he even took the job to be honest. I'm even more amazed that we are still on ly 4 points from safety.

We'll blow it NYD, with our backup players though.
What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 19:27 - Dec 30 with 1266 viewsstainrods_elbow

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 16:42 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Yeh I'm sure

I'm not taking criticism for shagging around from Princess Diana I'm sorry.

Eh? OK - I'll just go on being happily boxed in forever to whatever crate you've decided to put me in, should I? You're a clever man, Clive -maybe try entertaining a little more complexity!

What are your/anyone else's NY resolutions if you're not interested in mine?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 20:00]

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 20:08 - Dec 30 with 1231 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 19:27 - Dec 30 by stainrods_elbow

Eh? OK - I'll just go on being happily boxed in forever to whatever crate you've decided to put me in, should I? You're a clever man, Clive -maybe try entertaining a little more complexity!

To not get annoyed by the managers post match interview.

Couldn't resist. 👍
What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 20:28 - Dec 30 with 1192 viewsNorthernr

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 19:27 - Dec 30 by stainrods_elbow

Maybe try using your colossal and superior intellect to take obviously light-hearted comments as they're intended.
What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 00:50 - Dec 31 with 989 viewsPunteR

oh look ..Stainrod is being a knobhead again, and trying to turn a thread about Marti C all about him... again.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 01:54 - Dec 31 with 946 viewsstainrods_elbow

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 00:50 - Dec 31 by PunteR

oh look ..Stainrod is being a knobhead again, and trying to turn a thread about Marti C all about him... again.

Hilarious, but also a bit embarrassing! Settle down, boys and girls, it's been a trying time for all of us, but maybe try to lighten up yourselves, rather than telling me to and resenting the person you fantasise I am. (Hint: I'm not.)
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 2:00]

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 08:36 - Dec 31 with 854 viewsPunteR

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 01:54 - Dec 31 by stainrods_elbow

Hilarious, but also a bit embarrassing! Settle down, boys and girls, it's been a trying time for all of us, but maybe try to lighten up yourselves, rather than telling me to and resenting the person you fantasise I am. (Hint: I'm not.)
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 2:00]

I'm right though. You have turned another thread into about you. You're the one who should be embarrassed.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 17:40 - Jan 5 with 525 viewsstainrods_elbow

What Marti hopefully learnt last night on 08:36 - Dec 31 by PunteR

I'm right though. You have turned another thread into about you. You're the one who should be embarrassed.

Everyone's threads are always about them at some level, and Northern's writing celebrates himself gloriously in that regard. I'd say I write about a great deal re QPR that is not me, actually. Perhaps try reading some of it occasionally rather than dialoguing with your own fantasy of my person?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024