Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? 17:27 - Jan 1 with 9336 viewsJules4367

Watched him all game-he tracks and stays on shoulders of the central defender rather than trying to lose him; he doesn’t run into space or move, wins 30% headers-
So please can someone look for the receipt and see if we can return him 🤬
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:24 - Mar 3 with 2087 viewsQPR_Hibs

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 11:52 - Mar 3 by ParkRoyalR

Could have resurrected numerous threads denigrating Dykes,

Very very few posts noting how his intelligent on his toes run and head up superb cross led to yesterday's all important first goal,

Gave us something to fight for and defend and his superb play yesterday is hopefully key come the end of the season.

The Leicester co-comms (who he?) was much more complimentary about Dykes than Tony Thorpe was against Bristol City.
I thought Dykes did well to look up and pick out Illy yesterday as initially I thought he was just going to hit it with power at the keeper.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:28 - Mar 3 with 2047 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:24 - Mar 3 by QPR_Hibs

The Leicester co-comms (who he?) was much more complimentary about Dykes than Tony Thorpe was against Bristol City.
I thought Dykes did well to look up and pick out Illy yesterday as initially I thought he was just going to hit it with power at the keeper.

No coincidence a fit again head-up Willock is back in the team and immediately sees these early runs which Dykes has been doing all season without getting such a simple quality early ball.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:33 - Mar 3 with 2013 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes will be one of those players Rs fans will disagree over long after he's gone. He's either a useless striker who doesn't score enough goals or a useful forward who works hard for the team.

For me he can be both but Cifuentes has found positive ways to employ his abilities. There's no doubt he had a good game yesterday but never looked like scoring.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:44 - Mar 3 with 1954 viewsRangersw12

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:16 - Mar 3 by ParkRoyalR

As has Armstrong (numerous times) Chair + Willock.

1st goal as we know was key yesterday and to create than option for Willock and square that for Chair to finish was game-changing and key to winning those 3 points.

Hopefully with Andersen + Willock playing head-up early balls into the box Dykes can start getting back amongst the goals as without these two he's had a difficult season.

A good goal-scoring run will keep us up and enhance his sell-out value, surely we all want this?

A good goal scoring run would help but he hasn't managed that in what 150 game he's played so I can't see it happening now

Love the fact you seem to think it's everyone else's fault that Dykes is a terrible goalscorer

Really hope he scores a couple of goals off the bench at the Euros ( he won't start ) so someone mad enough will take him off our hands

Ps you're never going to change my mind on him so don't bother trying mate . I'm probably too critical and your way over the top in your defence of him so we will never agree 🤷
[Post edited 3 Mar 12:47]
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:51 - Mar 3 with 1923 viewsrbee

Lyndon had a good Lyndon game yesterday, battling, making runs, defending from the front, isolated for the majority of the time. I especially liked the way he would quickly drop back to cover Willock’s or Chair’s positions when required.

He is an important part of our current set up but Marti’s team will evolve as will the style of play and hopefully we won’t have an isolated centre forward.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:53 - Mar 3 with 1924 viewsenfieldargh

As a team we dont really score that many so any striker in our price range is going to struggle.

He can be a handful at times and hinderence to us as well as the oppo.

He's ours for the time being & I expect to see improvment in his game as we are seeing with most of our players

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:53 - Mar 3 with 1913 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:33 - Mar 3 by dmm

Lyndon Dykes will be one of those players Rs fans will disagree over long after he's gone. He's either a useless striker who doesn't score enough goals or a useful forward who works hard for the team.

For me he can be both but Cifuentes has found positive ways to employ his abilities. There's no doubt he had a good game yesterday but never looked like scoring.

Think we need to accept his role is helping get our best players into the game. When Chair and Willock are on it we’ll win more than we lose and Dykes helps them more than Armstrong I’d argue until Sinclair, who I really rate, develops. Dykes will never be a 15-20 a season striker. It is what it is.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 15:06 - Mar 3 with 1605 viewsgazza1

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:24 - Mar 3 by QPR_Hibs

Lets not overplay the role that Dykes played in the first goal.....

.....straight forward run to get to the ball, unmarked, had time to look up (plus check that his tattoos were still looking good), and pass a simple ball across to the on running Chair.

....well done to LD (& Chair) but no more than I would have expected from a pro footballer and I would expect the Leicester manager would be saying where the fxxk were the markers and the defence.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 16:01 - Mar 3 with 1462 viewslassel

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 11:52 - Mar 3 by ParkRoyalR

Could have resurrected numerous threads denigrating Dykes,

Very very few posts noting how his intelligent on his toes run and head up superb cross led to yesterday's all important first goal,

Gave us something to fight for and defend and his superb play yesterday is hopefully key come the end of the season.

In fairness the threads were deserved, he played awfully for a lot of this season.

He’s been much much better the past few games though, quite possibly Frey coming in and a few games on the bench has sharpened his mind.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 16:01 - Mar 3 with 1439 viewsdavman

He did well yesterday, but it was telling that he did not look at the keeper or the goal for our first and was always going to square it. That is what any good player would have done from there. A great striker though would have had one thing in mind. I am not for one minute suggesting that he fckd up as clearly he didn't, but maybe he is a good footballer, but not a striker....

Similar to Armstrong's 2 on 1 with Chair. A great striker would have burst into the area on his right foot outside Faes instead of an early ball to Chair. Great strikers are generally selfish; maybe there's something in that...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 16:18 - Mar 3 with 1384 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 16:01 - Mar 3 by lassel

In fairness the threads were deserved, he played awfully for a lot of this season.

He’s been much much better the past few games though, quite possibly Frey coming in and a few games on the bench has sharpened his mind.

All down to playing with better players who see and play the early pass, althou Dykes run across the line to beat the high defensive line and stay onside made for an easy run and great pass to Chair for an easy finish.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 16:33 - Mar 3 with 1326 viewsNorrisGreen

Dykes was very good yesterday, virtually on his Todd against two CBs. The guy did really well receiving the ball, holding it up and laying it off several times. BUT.... on ONE occasion his touch was a bit heavy and cue a load of muttering about "bloody useless Dykes"..... Really arbitrary, selective and unfair but probably a good indicator that too many just won't get behind him and choose only to see the odd bit of slackness from him.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 17:08 - Mar 3 with 1235 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 16:33 - Mar 3 by NorrisGreen

Dykes was very good yesterday, virtually on his Todd against two CBs. The guy did really well receiving the ball, holding it up and laying it off several times. BUT.... on ONE occasion his touch was a bit heavy and cue a load of muttering about "bloody useless Dykes"..... Really arbitrary, selective and unfair but probably a good indicator that too many just won't get behind him and choose only to see the odd bit of slackness from him.

Unlike the Bristol City fans on their Forum who totally Got what he brings to our team, we have a lot of clueless fans, who mainly, but not exclusively reside on Twitter.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 17:18 - Mar 3 with 1208 viewsNorthernr

Thought Dykes was ok yesterday, nice assist. A 6 probably.
On this point of grumbles and people with preconceived ideas or what have you, there was a fairly well oiled bloke near us yesterday was castigating Dykes for not 'doing more' and 'got to hold it up there Lyndon' ten minutes after he'd gone off.
I mean Dykes doesn't hold the ball up very well when he's on the pitch, it's a bit much to expect him to do it from the showers
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 17:39 - Mar 3 with 1114 viewsstevenagehoop

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 15:06 - Mar 3 by gazza1

.....straight forward run to get to the ball, unmarked, had time to look up (plus check that his tattoos were still looking good), and pass a simple ball across to the on running Chair.

....well done to LD (& Chair) but no more than I would have expected from a pro footballer and I would expect the Leicester manager would be saying where the fxxk were the markers and the defence.

True but how many times have our players mucked up that simple cross/pass.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 17:47 - Mar 3 with 1061 viewsjtuck

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 15:06 - Mar 3 by gazza1

Let's not underplay the role he played in the goal either: he made the early run, pointed to Willock where he wanted the ball, and looked up to see Chair, before delivering the perfect ball. He showed in those moments the kind of mobility, intelligence and skill he is always slagged off for not having. What makes him so frustrating and divisive is the fact he can't deliver that kind of play on a consistent basis. Credit also to the manager who is doing centre forward by committee by mixing and matching Frey, Dykes and Armstrong in the last two games.

LAranger

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 17:48 - Mar 3 with 1052 viewsgazza1

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 17:18 - Mar 3 by Northernr

On this point of grumbles and people with preconceived ideas or what have you, there was a fairly well oiled bloke near us yesterday was castigating Dykes for not 'doing more' and 'got to hold it up there Lyndon' ten minutes after he'd gone off.
I mean Dykes doesn't hold the ball up very well when he's on the pitch, it's a bit much to expect him to do it from the showers

I concur......he did OK, acceptable.

The first was such a poor goal to give away by Leicester. Done a few nice things(which is what he should do) but when the ball was played to him and he ran to collect down the line he rarely did any good and lost the ball to the marking CB. Never looked like scoring which is his main job.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 17:50 - Mar 3 with 1041 viewsgazza1

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 17:47 - Mar 3 by jtuck

Let's not underplay the role he played in the goal either: he made the early run, pointed to Willock where he wanted the ball, and looked up to see Chair, before delivering the perfect ball. He showed in those moments the kind of mobility, intelligence and skill he is always slagged off for not having. What makes him so frustrating and divisive is the fact he can't deliver that kind of play on a consistent basis. Credit also to the manager who is doing centre forward by committee by mixing and matching Frey, Dykes and Armstrong in the last two games.

No underplaying it.....it was a give away by Leicester, he must have had 20 yards of space and the cross was as simple as it gets. The skill was in Willocks pass.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 17:51 - Mar 3 with 1031 viewsgazza1

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 17:39 - Mar 3 by stevenagehoop

True but how many times have our players mucked up that simple cross/pass.

Too many times......and many by LD.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 18:00 - Mar 3 with 1001 viewsflynnbo

We have some really stupid supporters and they always seem to need to target someone. There's a group near me who constantly whine and moan out loud thinking they're funny. They're usually pissed up old men who can't sit down for 45 minutes of of football. Pathetic.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 18:09 - Mar 3 with 934 viewsParkRoyalR

Fair play Northern, reading that post nearly thought you missed an opportunity for customary dig, but fair play managed to get it in, lol.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 18:12 - Mar 3 with 929 viewsLandshark

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:53 - Mar 3 by enfieldargh

As a team we dont really score that many so any striker in our price range is going to struggle.

He can be a handful at times and hinderence to us as well as the oppo.

He's ours for the time being & I expect to see improvment in his game as we are seeing with most of our players

This is precisely it. We're not a team that creates a huge amount of chances. I feel like some of our fans expect a striker in our price range to pick up the ball in his own half, beat a couple of players and score.

I feel Dykes is perfectly acceptable for our team and the players around him.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 18:33 - Mar 3 with 858 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 12:02 - Mar 3 by ParkRoyalR

Seriously, a fortunate drop ball in front of you from 15 yards out, honestly I would have finished that, maybe not with such power, but come on, that's a straightforward finish.

But it’s a superb pass across the box to Chair with no pressure on whatsoever. My 5 year old grandson could have made that pass.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 18:48 - Mar 3 with 786 viewsFredManRave

No surprise you've got a chilled view of Dyke's performance yesterday, bearing in mind just how stoned you were at the game.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 18:57 - Mar 3 with 741 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 18:33 - Mar 3 by Burnleyhoop

But it’s a superb pass across the box to Chair with no pressure on whatsoever. My 5 year old grandson could have made that pass.

Agree, my clumsy wording, cross has to take the keeper out but like putting your laces through a half volley that was easy,

It was actually being on his toes and making a very clever cross-field run to stay on site that was the very good bit, althou getting your head up and crossing has been game-changing for our season these last few weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024