Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow's referee 14:03 - Jan 5 with 5126 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61634
Tomorrow's referee on 18:49 - Jan 6 with 1286 viewsWatford_Ranger

Tomorrow's referee on 18:39 - Jan 6 by Westy75

Just seen the highlights - very clear foul. Shocked our players didn’t appeal.

Our players are thick though so not all that surprising.
Tomorrow's referee on 19:06 - Jan 6 with 1225 viewsqpr_1968

Tomorrow's referee on 18:18 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

She did well. Booked Billing and Armstrong for dissent though not others but can’t give what you don’t see. Maybe it was an easy game to ref anyway- maybe she ensured it was.

Not related to her but the cynical foul on Armstrong at the end should be a red IMO. I saw one very similar for Millwall I think given as a red but 99% are yellow. Would be “endangering the opponent” for me.

she did'nt have the balls to give the red.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Tomorrow's referee on 22:48 - Jan 6 with 1026 viewsNoelmc

Thought the ref had a very good game. Correct with most of her decisions and managed the game well.

I loved that she booked Billings for trying to get one of our players booked waving an imaginary card. Also thought the added time was about right (3 mins first half, 7 mins second half).

Could do with more refs of her calibre in the Championship.
Tomorrow's referee on 23:07 - Jan 6 with 1009 viewsOldPedro

The assistant on the Stan Bowls side was awful and didn't give the ref any support. Couple of clear corners that he didn't signal so she just guessed and gave as goal kicks. From one of these, she booked Armstrong for questioning the obviously wrong decision.

And at one point there were 2 balls on the pitch, in fact a Bournemouth player kicked both of them as he ran forward and the ref played on. The game should have been stopped.

She bottled the red card challenge - it was dangerous, from behind and no intention to win the ball.

Thought the ref gave Bournemouth several free kicks cos their players threw themselves to the floor. In comparison Armstrong was being pushed and shirt pulled lots but nothing given.

Rant over
[Post edited 6 Jan 23:08]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Tomorrow's referee on 10:47 - Jan 7 with 915 viewsTheChef

More female refs please.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tomorrow's referee on 11:02 - Jan 7 with 904 viewsPaddyhoops

Thought she did well. Booked Billing for his pathetic card waving . More of that please .
She got the The referees a w**nker treatment as well.
Equal rights in full flow.
Tomorrow's referee on 11:22 - Jan 7 with 872 viewsFDC

Playing on with two balls on the pitch was quite odd, never seen that before
Tomorrow's referee on 11:29 - Jan 7 with 864 viewsNorthernr

Tomorrow's referee on 11:22 - Jan 7 by FDC

Playing on with two balls on the pitch was quite odd, never seen that before

I think the Bournemouth player actually swapped them over in that moment you know, kicked off the one we were playing with and carried on with the new one.

Basically referee's only real mistake. Armstrong one was orange I guess, I didn't think it was a particularly controversial decision not to get a red out for that.
Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrow's referee on 11:34 - Jan 7 with 852 viewsbosh67

I thought she did really well and let the game flow. You barely noticed her, which is how it should be.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tomorrow's referee on 11:48 - Jan 7 with 815 viewsR_from_afar

As long as the officials are competent and unbiased, I couldn't care less about their gender.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tomorrow's referee on 12:10 - Jan 7 with 759 viewsWatford_Ranger

Tomorrow's referee on 11:29 - Jan 7 by Northernr

I think the Bournemouth player actually swapped them over in that moment you know, kicked off the one we were playing with and carried on with the new one.

Basically referee's only real mistake. Armstrong one was orange I guess, I didn't think it was a particularly controversial decision not to get a red out for that.

Yeah my gripe wasn’t the decision to give yellow but that a yellow is standard for that. Everyone knows it’s going to happen, it’s pre-meditated and massively hinders the attacking team.

Would also have retired Colback five years ago if a red was given for it and we wouldn’t be stuck paying the useless prick five figures a week to not play.
Tomorrow's referee on 12:57 - Jan 7 with 711 viewsterryb

Tomorrow's referee on 18:18 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

She did well. Booked Billing and Armstrong for dissent though not others but can’t give what you don’t see. Maybe it was an easy game to ref anyway- maybe she ensured it was.

Not related to her but the cynical foul on Armstrong at the end should be a red IMO. I saw one very similar for Millwall I think given as a red but 99% are yellow. Would be “endangering the opponent” for me.

When I said that it was an easy game to referee, I meant it as a compliment.

It was easy because she controlled the match & the players. Just like a good referee (I've not seen many of these!) should.

By the laws of the game, playing on with two balls on the pitch was wrong, but it helped the flow as all that would have happened was a dropped ball to the Bournemouth player. I thought this was wrong in law, but correct in common sense!
Tomorrow's referee on 12:59 - Jan 7 with 708 viewsGaryBannister86

Tomorrow's referee on 12:57 - Jan 7 by terryb

It was easy because she controlled the match & the players. Just like a good referee (I've not seen many of these!) should.

By the laws of the game, playing on with two balls on the pitch was wrong, but it helped the flow as all that would have happened was a dropped ball to the Bournemouth player. I thought this was wrong in law, but correct in common sense!

What is the law for two balls on pitch, out of interest?

If it has to stop play, what's to stop a ball boy "accidentally" kicking a ball onto the pitch when an opposition striker goes clean through on goal?
Tomorrow's referee on 13:00 - Jan 7 with 705 viewsNorthernr

Tomorrow's referee on 12:59 - Jan 7 by GaryBannister86

What is the law for two balls on pitch, out of interest?

If it has to stop play, what's to stop a ball boy "accidentally" kicking a ball onto the pitch when an opposition striker goes clean through on goal?

I did see a clip from a dutch game recently where the keeper came charging miles out of his goal, cleared a ball into touch, the opponent tried to take a quick throw in and put a teamate through on the now open goal, so the keeper picked a ball up from off the field and threw it on to stop the play. Smart, cynical. Yellow card.
Tomorrow's referee on 13:51 - Jan 7 with 617 viewsOldPedro

Tomorrow's referee on 12:57 - Jan 7 by terryb

If the 2nd ball had been on the pitch but nowhere near play, fair enough, but in this instance, the Bournemouth player actually kicks both balls - play had to be stopped.

The ref was quick enough to stop play when a Bournemouth player went down holding his leg in the first half - they had a drop ball as they had possession but the difference was, their original possession was a player under pressure from Paul Smyth, whereas they then ended up with a drop ball under no pressure.

Certainly, not the worst ref we've seen recently but still wasn't great and fell into the trap most premier refs fall into, in these sort of cup games, favouring the premier league team .

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024