Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cups 07:20 - Jan 10 with 1654 viewsGaryBannister86

For all the yoof's conviction that cups don't matter...look at Boro last night. A semi final 1st leg win over Chelsea. Packed house, away end booing their own players. How is that not exciting?

Fulham also in the semis.

Forget about our side now, we have often had teams better (relatively) than Fulham and Boro and yet a semi final has just seemed a pipe dream. Never mind 3rd round FA Cup defeats, we've not got to a semi final since 1986. And even that tournament ended up abandoned.

For clubs the size of ours cups are the lifeblood for excitement, exposure - for something different.

For the love of god, whatever happens to QPR in the next ten years, please let us pay a cup proper attention and please let us enjoy something like this. Just for once.

Cups on 08:00 - Jan 10 with 1567 viewsozexile

A lot of us on here have been saying this for 10 years plus. Look what it meant to Liverpool beating Arsenal. We're so backwards as a club it's unbelievable.
Cups on 08:10 - Jan 10 with 1536 viewsdaveB

problem is we're not very good so even when we clearly try to win as we did at the weekend we usually don't.

I agree though a cup run is massive, that run to the 5th round the other year and the leauge cup beating Everton is what gave my son the football bug, he was so excited by it all after not much really happening in the league for his first few years

Even Bradford have got to a final since we last reached a quarter final
Cups on 08:17 - Jan 10 with 1510 viewsRs_Holy

Cups on 08:10 - Jan 10 by daveB

problem is we're not very good so even when we clearly try to win as we did at the weekend we usually don't.

I agree though a cup run is massive, that run to the 5th round the other year and the leauge cup beating Everton is what gave my son the football bug, he was so excited by it all after not much really happening in the league for his first few years

we should have beaten Sunderland that year as Charlie Austins goal was onside and ironically VAR would have seen us progressing to the next round (1/4 finals I think???)
Cups on 08:29 - Jan 10 with 1482 viewsgazza1

All matches are important, some more than others but for some posters to be happy with loosing or not progressing in cup matches are wrong......
Cups on 08:35 - Jan 10 with 1472 viewsGaryBannister86

Cups on 08:10 - Jan 10 by daveB

Of course, for the moment that ship has sailed - although don't think Port Vale are very good and they just got to a quarter final.

But at some point when we have a decent side again, even if in League One, we absolutely must start making some cup progress. Surely.
Cups on 08:43 - Jan 10 with 1448 viewsdmm

No football supporter wants to lose a game in any competition. I must admit though that, as frustrating as it was, the loss to Bournemouth did not upset me anywhere near as much as other games this season.

I'd have been very pleased had we won last Saturday for all the reasons we could list but I'd celebrate 3 points on Sunday with the most immense delight imaginable.
Cups on 09:08 - Jan 10 with 1397 viewsstowmarketrange

There’s always the papa johns trophy next season when we can lose to Chelshite’s U16 team.
Cups on 10:00 - Jan 10 with 1314 viewsTheChef

What yoof's conviction are you referring to, that cups don't matter?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Cups on 10:30 - Jan 10 with 1258 viewsGaryBannister86

Cups on 10:00 - Jan 10 by TheChef

What yoof's conviction are you referring to, that cups don't matter?

Just get the feeling that the younger generation are more obsessed with the Premier League and getting in it. Can't blame them really.
Cups on 10:37 - Jan 10 with 1241 viewsessextaxiboy

When you are in our situation the Cups just get in the way . They introduce jeopardy for injury in a small squad , we have suffered from that over the years

No one wants to lose any match but the way the game is now league position is the best way to secure the future of the Club .

The Prem has plenty of faults but get there, use the money wisely and you can breathe a bit easier in the future.

When you are like Palace, Wolves etc then thats the time to throw it all at the Cups IMO .
Cups on 10:38 - Jan 10 with 1232 viewsDannyPaddox

Meanwhile as well as the FA Youth Cup (Home to Burnley 4th Round) we’re still in this season’s London Senior Cup (mostly because our 1st Round tie has been postponed 18 times) If we can win at Corinthian Casuals and then Dartford a semi-final clash with either Cray Wanderers or Fisher awaits. Who we‘d meet in the Final is anyone’s guess. Could be Charlton. Could be Barking or Balham. Could even be the Metropolitan Police. Hello hello hello.
Cups on 11:12 - Jan 10 with 1160 viewsLblock

Cups on 09:08 - Jan 10 by stowmarketrange

There’s always the papa johns trophy next season when we can lose to Chelshite’s U16 team.

Is the Vanaramma still going?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Cups on 11:23 - Jan 10 with 1144 viewsstowmarketrange

Cups on 11:12 - Jan 10 by Lblock

Is the Vanaramma still going?

It broke down.
Cups on 13:23 - Jan 10 with 1066 viewsBluce_Ree

Right now we're the worst team in the history of the FA Cup and, face it, we're not giving up that title any time soon.

If you offered me the opportunity to drop out of both cups for good, I'd take it. We're never going to win that shit. We're always going to be rubbish. We're never going to do anything good.

Drop out and let Huddersfield or Plymouth or whoever is 2nd worst eventually take the title from us.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Cups on 13:39 - Jan 10 with 1020 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it's linked to age alright.

I've always hated the defeatism attached to flipping off the cups but as I get, well, older I find myself counting how many more trophies I'll see us enter. Maybe 40 more years by three trophies per annum. 120 trophies. We're never going to win the League which leaves me with 80 trophies. And we don't give a sh1t about them.

Ya, it bugs me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024