Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report 11:53 - Jan 16 with 10759 viewsNorthernr

Sorry it's late, and a bit sht. I'm running out of steam basically. Much like the team.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61719
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 03:31 - Jan 17 with 1464 viewsSydneyRs

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 18:24 - Jan 16 by Antti_Heinola

There's a subtle but important difference in what I'm saying: I'd never say 'give up', until it's mathematically impossible. But equally I am sure we will get relegated. Still, I was equally sure last season.
As for Chair's position. You may be right, I don't know. But what I do know is that Marti has been trying to get that team out with Sinclair up top and Dykes just off him for weeks. He's finally done it for 2 games running, and we scored 2 against Prem opposition, Dykes has scored 2 in 2, Sinclair could/should have had 2 more on Saturday and we created more genuine chances than we have in weeks - maybe even the whole season.
He ain't changing it for a while.

The difference last season was we had points on the board, so even a minimal improvement would see us survive, and we just about did.

This time we're already several points adrift (again after closing the gap once) so have to do significantly better than those above us. Would love to see it but it seems highly unlikely despite the good work Marti is doing.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 08:38 - Jan 17 with 1258 viewsNortholt_Rs

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 15:12 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Some of them will be in for the same shock a few got last summer. Our top earner last season doesn't even have a club now. Neither does Amos, Shodipo.

Which is of course a glowing testimony to those responsible for our club’s recruitment!
[Post edited 17 Jan 8:45]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 08:48 - Jan 17 with 1237 viewsstevec

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 18:38 - Jan 16 by daveB

He's not going to stay there though, he will drift wide as he always does when he starts centrally

Hit the nail on the head.

Chair should play central, but I suspect he doesn’t want to.

He likes the left side because he’s very good at shielding the ball using the left side of his body, makes it very difficult to take the ball off him. Play him central and he’ll need to play more square on, at which point that strength becomes less useful. He’s developed a style that works brilliantly for him but maybe explains why there’s very little serious interest from other clubs.

We do have a problem with having even our best players rather unwilling to adapt and hopefully become better players.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 08:50 - Jan 17 with 1238 viewsNorthernr

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 23:06 - Jan 16 by Hunterhoop

Appreciate he played well and there are far bigger problems, but it’s not a flattering photo of Dunne’s physique, is it?! Certainly not for a professional footballer and when compared to Armstrong’s in the photo in the report!

As you keep saying Clive it’s another example of playing a notch below the opposition. Play like this Cardiff and we’d have won. Play like the second half here against Millwall and we’ll win. But you it’s know we won’t.

Play the same team against Millwall but with Smyth for Willock. Hopefullly this time they can finish the odd chance.

I thought that! I presume/hope Ian just caught him at an unflattering moment. The fitness of our squad in general though is laughable - they were absolutely blowing after 60 minutes on Sunday.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 08:54 - Jan 17 with 1225 viewstraininvain

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 00:04 - Jan 17 by daveB

Was the same in the Prem giving up this time of year with loads of games left, will be better in the championship etc, is like groundhog day

The problem is Dave that it’s on the players to turn things around and they’ve lost 21 home games out of the last 30 with 8 wins from 60 odd games.

I don’t think you can blame anyone on here for giving up on them given the sh1t we’ve had to endure from this squad over the last couple of years. It’s the players that have broken our spirit not the other way around.

So you’ll have to excuse me if I’m not feeling optimistic that they can turn this one around. Maybe if they pull their fingers out of their arse holes and actually win a couple of games I might start to feel a bit differently.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 09:00 - Jan 17 with 1204 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 21:31 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Was. Bombed out already.

And how long did it take us to smell a rat? Wow.
I think your totally right that some of these players are in for a surprise when they go looking for a new club and nobody is interested. I think a couple that we picked up ourselves this summer would still be sitting at home without a club had we not thrown them the old 2 or 3 year lifeline. We were at least I would imagine the only championship club interested or willing to have them.

As others have said, your reports man, they are pretty much the best thing about following Rangers these days. I think your a hero for keeping it going and always brutally honest which I very much appreciate. Keep going...keep doing it...thank you
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 09:18 - Jan 17 with 1139 viewsTheChef

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 08:54 - Jan 17 by traininvain

The problem is Dave that it’s on the players to turn things around and they’ve lost 21 home games out of the last 30 with 8 wins from 60 odd games.

I don’t think you can blame anyone on here for giving up on them given the sh1t we’ve had to endure from this squad over the last couple of years. It’s the players that have broken our spirit not the other way around.

So you’ll have to excuse me if I’m not feeling optimistic that they can turn this one around. Maybe if they pull their fingers out of their arse holes and actually win a couple of games I might start to feel a bit differently.

No chance this Saturday - a London derby (oh we do so well in those) with big old orrible Waaalllll? Nul points I'm afraid.

Got free tickets through our eldest's football club for Barnet v Chesterfield this Saturday, will be happy to sit back and enjoy that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 09:49 - Jan 17 with 1100 viewsqprninja

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 15:12 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Some of them will be in for the same shock a few got last summer. Our top earner last season doesn't even have a club now. Neither does Amos, Shodipo.

I only saw that about Amos a few days ago, basically advertising his services on Twitter. A sad indictment of our "recruitment".
Login to get fewer ads

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 09:50 - Jan 17 with 1090 viewsNorthernr

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 09:49 - Jan 17 by qprninja

I only saw that about Amos a few days ago, basically advertising his services on Twitter. A sad indictment of our "recruitment".

And also how much we overpay players relative to their ability, so they neither want nor need to drop down a division or two to the wages paid there.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 10:09 - Jan 17 with 1042 viewsngbqpr

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 09:50 - Jan 17 by Northernr

And also how much we overpay players relative to their ability, so they neither want nor need to drop down a division or two to the wages paid there.

Tbf I was at Oxford v Cambridge on Boxing Day, suddenly realised both George Thomas and Jordan Cousins were playing for the visitors.

Let's just say neither stood out in a humdrum League 1 affair.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 10:12 - Jan 17 with 1035 viewsNorthernr

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 10:09 - Jan 17 by ngbqpr

Tbf I was at Oxford v Cambridge on Boxing Day, suddenly realised both George Thomas and Jordan Cousins were playing for the visitors.

Let's just say neither stood out in a humdrum League 1 affair.

Quite liked both of those signings at the time. Another great LFW call.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 10:19 - Jan 17 with 1018 viewsPunteR

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 00:04 - Jan 17 by daveB

Was the same in the Prem giving up this time of year with loads of games left, will be better in the championship etc, is like groundhog day

yeh, exactly. I've made this point on another thread but dropping down a league doesnt make it any easier. Its all relative to the league you're in. These owners are clueless. They couldnt run a pub team.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 10:50 - Jan 17 with 963 viewsAntti_Heinola

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 09:49 - Jan 17 by qprninja

I dunno. Amos was a good player fked up by injuries. We got him on a free, maybe paid him too highly, but I'm not going to beat the club up too much about him.

Bare bones.

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 10:54 - Jan 17 with 947 viewsRs_Holy

Cheers Clive ... really appreciate your reports (I don't know how you do it tbh!)
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 11:50 - Jan 17 with 868 viewsthehat

Thanks for another great report Clive - Spot on as always.

I am definitely at the acceptance stage and have been for a few weeks. I go to games now expecting us to lose and anything else is a bonus. I find it really helps with mental health and getting stressed and angry as we find yet another way to lose games.

I have also come to terms with relegation and in a strange way am looking forward to some interesting away days next season.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 13:19 - Jan 17 with 753 viewsdm97

Great report as per Clive. Some of the optimists on here are commendable, but just look at the PPG required to get to 50 points - heck even 45. That’s automatics form for a team that has been the second worst in the division by quite a way. Fini.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 16:57 - Jan 17 with 576 viewsMole_Senior

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 08:48 - Jan 17 by stevec

Hit the nail on the head.

Chair should play central, but I suspect he doesn’t want to.

He likes the left side because he’s very good at shielding the ball using the left side of his body, makes it very difficult to take the ball off him. Play him central and he’ll need to play more square on, at which point that strength becomes less useful. He’s developed a style that works brilliantly for him but maybe explains why there’s very little serious interest from other clubs.

We do have a problem with having even our best players rather unwilling to adapt and hopefully become better players.

That's an interesting point Steve - where does Chair see his best position and who has the final say?!

We are crying out for a ball-playing central midfielder and have one, yet he's stuck on the left wing! I don't see any issue with him drifting out wide, as ordinarily if you're asked to play in the '10' on the ball you usually have a free role. We're not a million miles away from the Taarabt days (light years in quality I know!) but he would often start centrally and then drift out wide. That then creates more space in the middle for other players to exploit.

If we had Chair pulling the strings from the '10' with Willock, Smyth and Dykes ahead of him I think we would be far more affective; we'll do F'all with Armstrong in the '9' and Dykes just behind him!
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:13 - Jan 17 with 552 viewsSK_hoops

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 19:15 - Jan 16 by Philothesuperhoop

Thanks for the report Clive. What you don’t realise is that your reports are often the highlight of supporting this shambles of a team at the moment!

I like your comments about the rubbish others have been saying about delivery and service to the strikers. I was sad enough to Sky plus this game, and went home from the ground and watched some of it again. The pundits were Jamie Mackie and that git Troy Deeny. As much as I dislike him, Deeny did some analysis about Dykes awful movement and anticipation. That chance from Armstrong just before half time was a great example. When the keeper pushed it right across the six yard box Dykes was ambling on the edge of the box. Deeny said he’d have scored there…and he would have done.

If Celtic want Dykes sell him now…he is truly and utterly useless. He is not a championship striker.

There was another bit of analysis that showed that Field could have played a through ball into Armstrong (Think those were the players) and he would have been clean through on goal, but instead, put it out to the wing for a cross. It was frustrating.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024