Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report 11:53 - Jan 16 with 10758 viewsNorthernr

Sorry it's late, and a bit sht. I'm running out of steam basically. Much like the team.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61719
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 16:40 - Jan 16 with 2002 viewsTheChef

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 16:26 - Jan 16 by daveB

I think we'll go down but it's still too early to give up. this time last year we were mid table and fell away to almost going down, you can turn things round very quickly with a few wins.

I wouldn't suggest we are going to get them but there are aspects of the performances in the last 2 games and in the Ipswich one which show we are not that far away from winning games, these next two are absolutely huge for us and give us a real chance to bring a few teams back into the mix.

Look if we can get at least one win from the next two home games, then maybe there is a slim possibility of getting out of the bottom three.

But lose or draw both and it's basically over.

As mentioned I've accepted we're going down, I can't see how this sorry bunch turn things around overnight. Survival would be a very pleasant surprise - but then we face a whole rebuild for next season which has its own risks (same if relegated, really).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 16:46 - Jan 16 with 1986 viewsdaveB

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 16:40 - Jan 16 by TheChef

Look if we can get at least one win from the next two home games, then maybe there is a slim possibility of getting out of the bottom three.

But lose or draw both and it's basically over.

As mentioned I've accepted we're going down, I can't see how this sorry bunch turn things around overnight. Survival would be a very pleasant surprise - but then we face a whole rebuild for next season which has its own risks (same if relegated, really).

win both games and we're out of the bottom 3 so as important as the next 2 games are the season won't be over after them whatever happens
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:09 - Jan 16 with 1920 viewsParkRoyalR

Antti / Traininvain
Both you guys are huge fans of Chair which makes you throwing the towel in all the more surprising, especially after our performance at Preston and Burnley away last season.
Some rate Chair as one of the best players in this division and it is not making the best use of him playing him on the left flank awaiting passes from Colback, Field or Dozzell.
These guys are sideways passers so he's dropping deep to pick up the ball anyway.
Dykes played better at Preston away as he stayed in that central zone as he does for Scotland and this is where we need Chair, where Livermore played Sunday.
Just cannot throw in the towel this early and not sure one poster would argue against playing Chair more central where he will see more of the ball. Marti's has made mistakes, lets be honest, but he now sees his best XI and best formation, just now needs to make Chair the main man in this team, as Bannan and Livermore are for their teams.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:15 - Jan 16 with 1905 viewsPaddyhoops

Great report. Well done for giving Jimmy Dunne MOTM. He’s been awful like everyone else but he was still getting abuse from people around me which was unfair on Sunday as he was very decent.
Also quite funny the Ironic cheers when we cleared their first corner successfully.
Let’s hope it didn’t go unnoticed by the players.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:16 - Jan 16 with 1899 viewsTheChef

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:09 - Jan 16 by ParkRoyalR

Antti / Traininvain
Both you guys are huge fans of Chair which makes you throwing the towel in all the more surprising, especially after our performance at Preston and Burnley away last season.
Some rate Chair as one of the best players in this division and it is not making the best use of him playing him on the left flank awaiting passes from Colback, Field or Dozzell.
These guys are sideways passers so he's dropping deep to pick up the ball anyway.
Dykes played better at Preston away as he stayed in that central zone as he does for Scotland and this is where we need Chair, where Livermore played Sunday.
Just cannot throw in the towel this early and not sure one poster would argue against playing Chair more central where he will see more of the ball. Marti's has made mistakes, lets be honest, but he now sees his best XI and best formation, just now needs to make Chair the main man in this team, as Bannan and Livermore are for their teams.

Chair is valuable for us but the worse we play the more he tries to do everything himself which doesn't help the team either. As mentioned before, Beale got him playing with his head up and using the ball earlier to great effect but he has regressed since then.

Also re player fitness - you put some of those players in more successful teams and you can bet they don't feel those muscle strains and niggles half as much.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:27 - Jan 16 with 1863 viewsPaddyhoops

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 15:12 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Some of them will be in for the same shock a few got last summer. Our top earner last season doesn't even have a club now. Neither does Amos, Shodipo.

They were basically found out . Laird and Roberts have been well … Laird and Roberts .. Shite.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:42 - Jan 16 with 1783 viewsmart_Goblin

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 15:25 - Jan 16 by traininvain

Exploring options- looking at the league one/two tables for potential away days next season.

New plan in place- maybe we’ll be able to finally shift the deadwood and rebuild this squad without the Championship FFP restrictions. Probably being a bit overly optimistic with this one.

Moving on- it could be fun, we might actually win a few games!

I found this very amusing yet completely relatable
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:46 - Jan 16 with 1751 viewsdaveB

Antti / Traininvain

I think if he played in the middle he'd be too deep getting the ball and would lose it too often, less space in the middle as well. He's fine either on the left or behind the striker imo
Login to get fewer ads

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:47 - Jan 16 with 1747 viewsR_from_afar

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 16:18 - Jan 16 by bosh67

Paper talk of Celtic sniffing around Dykes.

There's an opening in the catering department there. He should take it.

That Celtic rumour appears to be based on Kenny Miller having said Dykes would be interested in going to Celtic *if* Brendan Rodgers were to show interest.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:56 - Jan 16 with 1728 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

As I've pretty much accepted relegation I'm going to enjoy the rest of this season.
No more stress, or getting annoyed. This lot are shite, no matter what Marti does, so I'm going to waste as much energy on them as Dozzell does on a Saturday. Bugger all!

Role on the summer, mass clear out of the deadwood and role on Brizzle Rovers away.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 18:00 - Jan 16 with 1727 viewsmart_Goblin

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 12:25 - Jan 16 by Antti_Heinola

Thanks Clive
Can feel the weariness throughout that - just so fed up of bloodyt losing and losing and losing.

Reflected in your marks a bit too I think - Watford a little high, us a little low for me. Their fans were getting quite upset with their performance for most of the game and in the end were saved by two wonder strikes - it wasn't much to do with how they played. Two 8s and two 7s for that seems extremely generous to me.

Livermore I can't bear, but one thing he did that puts our midfield to shame (well, two, if you include actually scoring goals) was to take the ball in his own half, on the the half turn, despite being marked, and take responsibility to move the ball forward. What a difference he'd make to our team, both in terms of that and general leadership. I'm used to Dozzell taking the easy way out; I expected the man formerly christened 'the ginger Pirlo' (dear God) might at least do it occasionally. Instead he just knocked it back 5 yards. JCS too, who can pass, despite that awful give away first half, too often gives responsibility to Dunne, who is not as adept. People give stick to Dunne, but at least he doesn't bloody shirk his responsibilities.

Player marks are just someone’s vision of the game . That’s why we all get to do it if we want .

Your last paragraph is just spot on.
Agree entirely but especially about Dunne and JCS on Sunday. Been Dunne’s biggest critic but he stepped up Sunday and took responsibility. Drove us forward at times when no one else would dare.
Just need consistency from him
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 18:10 - Jan 16 with 1679 viewsParkRoyalR

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 17:46 - Jan 16 by daveB

I think if he played in the middle he'd be too deep getting the ball and would lose it too often, less space in the middle as well. He's fine either on the left or behind the striker imo

Its a behind the striker role I'm saying but in reality is he will need to drop to pick up the ball from the 2 CDM's with them being Colback and especially Field,

I'd just like to see him stay in that channel the width of the the 6 yard box from the halfway line to edge of the oppositions area, whats that, 40 yards by 40 yards square?

Chairs ball retention is excellent and he rarely looses possession, this team needs someone who can transition the ball quickly to Smyth & Armstrong and Chair can do this role.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 18:24 - Jan 16 with 1649 viewsAntti_Heinola

Antti / Traininvain

There's a subtle but important difference in what I'm saying: I'd never say 'give up', until it's mathematically impossible. But equally I am sure we will get relegated. Still, I was equally sure last season.
As for Chair's position. You may be right, I don't know. But what I do know is that Marti has been trying to get that team out with Sinclair up top and Dykes just off him for weeks. He's finally done it for 2 games running, and we scored 2 against Prem opposition, Dykes has scored 2 in 2, Sinclair could/should have had 2 more on Saturday and we created more genuine chances than we have in weeks - maybe even the whole season.
He ain't changing it for a while.

Bare bones.

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 18:38 - Jan 16 with 1622 viewsdaveB

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 18:10 - Jan 16 by ParkRoyalR

Its a behind the striker role I'm saying but in reality is he will need to drop to pick up the ball from the 2 CDM's with them being Colback and especially Field,

I'd just like to see him stay in that channel the width of the the 6 yard box from the halfway line to edge of the oppositions area, whats that, 40 yards by 40 yards square?

Chairs ball retention is excellent and he rarely looses possession, this team needs someone who can transition the ball quickly to Smyth & Armstrong and Chair can do this role.

He's not going to stay there though, he will drift wide as he always does when he starts centrally
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 19:06 - Jan 16 with 1572 viewsPunteR

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 16:26 - Jan 16 by daveB

I think we'll go down but it's still too early to give up. this time last year we were mid table and fell away to almost going down, you can turn things round very quickly with a few wins.

I wouldn't suggest we are going to get them but there are aspects of the performances in the last 2 games and in the Ipswich one which show we are not that far away from winning games, these next two are absolutely huge for us and give us a real chance to bring a few teams back into the mix.

I think the acceptance of going down from some fans is based partly because they think it will be better for us. Clear the deadwood, might win some games, new grounds to visit etc..
I'm not convinced dropping to L1 is going to be any good for us.

I don't think the players have thrown the towel in just yet although sometimes it's hard to tell.
It's been a tough couple of years supporting QPR, in fact the last 10 years has felt a bit of a chore .
We just seem to make the same mistakes over and over again.
I was hoping we'd sign some players this window but we're not, so thats that. Signs not looking good atm but I think we've got enough about us to string some wins. We've done it before this season.
I'm going for a win next game.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 19:13 - Jan 16 with 1553 viewsderbyhoop

For me the 2 big disappointments, apart from the result itself, were JCS and Willick.
Willock was anonymous and I was surprised when Cgaur got hooked rather than him. Although
Martin's post match explained.
JCS, not for the first time, abdicates any responsability to getting us forward. Square balls to Dunne are a cheap get out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 19:15 - Jan 16 with 1550 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Thanks for the report Clive. What you don’t realise is that your reports are often the highlight of supporting this shambles of a team at the moment!

I like your comments about the rubbish others have been saying about delivery and service to the strikers. I was sad enough to Sky plus this game, and went home from the ground and watched some of it again. The pundits were Jamie Mackie and that git Troy Deeny. As much as I dislike him, Deeny did some analysis about Dykes awful movement and anticipation. That chance from Armstrong just before half time was a great example. When the keeper pushed it right across the six yard box Dykes was ambling on the edge of the box. Deeny said he’d have scored there…and he would have done.

If Celtic want Dykes sell him now…he is truly and utterly useless. He is not a championship striker.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 19:28 - Jan 16 with 1512 viewsParkRoyalR

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 19:15 - Jan 16 by Philothesuperhoop

Thanks for the report Clive. What you don’t realise is that your reports are often the highlight of supporting this shambles of a team at the moment!

I like your comments about the rubbish others have been saying about delivery and service to the strikers. I was sad enough to Sky plus this game, and went home from the ground and watched some of it again. The pundits were Jamie Mackie and that git Troy Deeny. As much as I dislike him, Deeny did some analysis about Dykes awful movement and anticipation. That chance from Armstrong just before half time was a great example. When the keeper pushed it right across the six yard box Dykes was ambling on the edge of the box. Deeny said he’d have scored there…and he would have done.

If Celtic want Dykes sell him now…he is truly and utterly useless. He is not a championship striker.

Agree movement to anticipate potential rebound was poor, should have gambled and lost his marker, conversely movement for goal was very good, as anticipated and attacked the ball when others were ball-watching, movement is much improved but two instances in that match where he could have done better, these are the small margins all over this team that turn draws or wins into defeats.

Small or as can be the case large margins, as in the last few minutes when Dozzell over-hit that ball to their Keeper (wtf) and earlier in the game when from the edge of the box instead of shooting Field lofted a pass out of play on the edge of the box (wtf). Mind boggling ineptitude from professional footballers at this level.

Great report Northern, agree with every word and pleased those who lack courage in this team (Dozzell & JCS most obvious stand-outs) are now being called out. I'd rather get relegated fighting with Kakay, Smyth & Armstrong than watch some of these cowards playing wall passes back to Dunne & Field.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 19:59 - Jan 16 with 1450 viewsmart_Goblin

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 19:06 - Jan 16 by PunteR

I think the acceptance of going down from some fans is based partly because they think it will be better for us. Clear the deadwood, might win some games, new grounds to visit etc..

I don't think the players have thrown the towel in just yet although sometimes it's hard to tell.
It's been a tough couple of years supporting QPR, in fact the last 10 years has felt a bit of a chore .
I was hoping we'd sign some players this window but we're not, so thats that. Signs not looking good atm but I think we've got enough about us to string some wins. We've done it before this season.

I think the acceptance of going down by some is just simply that we just keep losing games .

I think we can all overthink it but I think we all have hope. But the reality is what is happening and what has happened over the last 18 months
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 20:14 - Jan 16 with 1427 viewsPunteR

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 19:59 - Jan 16 by mart_Goblin

I think the acceptance of going down by some is just simply that we just keep losing games .

I think we can all overthink it but I think we all have hope. But the reality is what is happening and what has happened over the last 18 months

Yeh, dont disagree with any of that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 21:21 - Jan 16 with 1301 viewsHooping_Mad

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 15:12 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Some of them will be in for the same shock a few got last summer. Our top earner last season doesn't even have a club now. Neither does Amos, Shodipo.

Think Mide Shodipoo is at Lincoln City now.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 21:31 - Jan 16 with 1269 viewsNorthernr

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 21:21 - Jan 16 by Hooping_Mad

Think Mide Shodipoo is at Lincoln City now.

Was. Bombed out already.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 22:02 - Jan 16 with 1201 viewsManinBlack

21 home defeats in 30 games is deserving of relegation. To have any hope of staying up you generally need to win more games at home than away. Our time to go down is now. As for getting rid of deadwood in the summer you can rely on this club to replace them with more deadwood. We excel at it and have done for many years.

Yes decent save by their keeper at the end and it was an instinctive stop as if he guessed where the ball was. However if the shot had been right in the corner the keeper would have got nowhere near it.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 23:06 - Jan 16 with 1091 viewsHunterhoop

Appreciate he played well and there are far bigger problems, but it’s not a flattering photo of Dunne’s physique, is it?! Certainly not for a professional footballer and when compared to Armstrong’s in the photo in the report!

As you keep saying Clive it’s another example of playing a notch below the opposition. Play like this Cardiff and we’d have won. Play like the second half here against Millwall and we’ll win. But you it’s know we won’t.

Play the same team against Millwall but with Smyth for Willock. Hopefullly this time they can finish the odd chance.
Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 00:04 - Jan 17 with 1031 viewsdaveB

Belated thoughts on Sunday - Report on 19:06 - Jan 16 by PunteR

Was the same in the Prem giving up this time of year with loads of games left, will be better in the championship etc, is like groundhog day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024