Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep it in the dressing room ? 12:53 - Jan 16 with 4848 viewswood_hoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67993542

I'm one that maybe a bit 'old school', keep it between player and manager, subs bench, extra fitness training , various means to make a point.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 13:06 - Jan 16 with 4741 viewsJuzzie

Praise in public, criticise in private.

Applies to all forms of working environments.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 13:11 - Jan 16 with 4699 viewsbosh67

I personally think he should stand down... and come here and try and score some goals. This is all our cup final after all!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 13:47 - Jan 16 with 4524 viewsLongsufferingR

That's quite a fall for Dabo. Started out at Chelsea then pretty good for Coventry. Seems to have collapsed since his penalty miss cost Coventry promotion.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 13:56 - Jan 16 with 4458 viewsNorthernr

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 13:47 - Jan 16 by LongsufferingR

That's quite a fall for Dabo. Started out at Chelsea then pretty good for Coventry. Seems to have collapsed since his penalty miss cost Coventry promotion.

Couldn't happen to a nicer fella - allegedly.

Almost certainly this is coloured by watching QPR for the last two years but I'm a bit sick of precious little footballers getting out of their pram because somebody has dared to challenge them publicly for being a bit sht while pulling a salary most could only dream of. For fans of teams that are tanking there's also some satisfaction hearing somebody as angry with the team as you are, rather than just platitudes. Neil critchley said exactly what I was thinking after that Fleetwood game last season.

But, yeh, modern world, team sport environment, you're basically signing your own resignation note doing that. And it's going to be absolutely hilarious after he spent all last year doing podcasts with all his hangers on about how close Troy was to going to Arsenal and how Troy was going to replace Kane and how Troy's actually a better player than Cantona because he can head it better, if he absolutely crashes and burns now as a league two manager.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 14:08 - Jan 16 with 4386 viewsLongsufferingR

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 13:56 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Almost certainly this is coloured by watching QPR for the last two years but I'm a bit sick of precious little footballers getting out of their pram because somebody has dared to challenge them publicly for being a bit sht while pulling a salary most could only dream of. For fans of teams that are tanking there's also some satisfaction hearing somebody as angry with the team as you are, rather than just platitudes. Neil critchley said exactly what I was thinking after that Fleetwood game last season.

But, yeh, modern world, team sport environment, you're basically signing your own resignation note doing that. And it's going to be absolutely hilarious after he spent all last year doing podcasts with all his hangers on about how close Troy was to going to Arsenal and how Troy was going to replace Kane and how Troy's actually a better player than Cantona because he can head it better, if he absolutely crashes and burns now as a league two manager.

So allegedly what has he allegedly been up to allegedly? You can just say what some footballer called Trumpety Bado has allegedly been up to.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 14:12 - Jan 16 with 4357 viewsTheChef

What do I care about what Troy fkin Deeney has to say??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 14:55 - Jan 16 with 4204 viewsSheffieldHoop

The impression I get is he's lost enthusiasm for it. It could come back, but unlikely. Career hasn't gone how he expected it to, when you expected yourself to be making 250 grand a week but in reality you're closer to 2.5, it's going to feel like hard work. Seriously doubt he'll fancy non-league. Money seems to be the only reason he's got anything to do with FGR, and probably considers the money so low that he wishes he didn't bother. See also: Taylor Richards & QPR.

Should Troy Deeney have called him out so publicly? I don't see why not tbh. Do you want to be a footballer taking home 5 figures a month? Or a toilet cleaner for the NHS? This is real life. You've only got 1 shot.

Say he now goes on a run of 4 assists and 2 goals from the next 7. Do they immediately start calling Deeney "The next Jose Mourinho" and give him the Man Utd job? Would barely even lift my eyebrow these days.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 15:12 - Jan 16 with 4138 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

As you say, I accept the argument that players are spoiled babies generally and I question the motivation of TD there.

The reason for slagging a player, either publicly or privately, usually falls into one of two catagories:

1) A motivational tool to trigger players

eg

Sir Alex on Beckham
Cloughie on Pearce
Warnock on Taarabt

2) Blame shifting

eg

Phil Brown in the centre circle
Redknapp on Taarabt
Steve Evans in everybody

Troy Deeney slags everybody constantly. He’s in the second column.
[Post edited 16 Jan 15:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 15:39 - Jan 16 with 4030 viewsJuzzie

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 14:55 - Jan 16 by SheffieldHoop

The impression I get is he's lost enthusiasm for it. It could come back, but unlikely. Career hasn't gone how he expected it to, when you expected yourself to be making 250 grand a week but in reality you're closer to 2.5, it's going to feel like hard work. Seriously doubt he'll fancy non-league. Money seems to be the only reason he's got anything to do with FGR, and probably considers the money so low that he wishes he didn't bother. See also: Taylor Richards & QPR.

Should Troy Deeney have called him out so publicly? I don't see why not tbh. Do you want to be a footballer taking home 5 figures a month? Or a toilet cleaner for the NHS? This is real life. You've only got 1 shot.

Say he now goes on a run of 4 assists and 2 goals from the next 7. Do they immediately start calling Deeney "The next Jose Mourinho" and give him the Man Utd job? Would barely even lift my eyebrow these days.

A mere £130,000 a year for kicking a ball in L2. Oh the humanity.

It's ridiculous isn't it when, as you say, most of the population are working harder for less, much less.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 16:43 - Jan 16 with 3743 viewsSheffieldHoop

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 15:39 - Jan 16 by Juzzie

A mere £130,000 a year for kicking a ball in L2. Oh the humanity.

It's ridiculous isn't it when, as you say, most of the population are working harder for less, much less.

I mean, I do feel a bit sorry for these lads, particularly the ones who start at your Liverpools, Uniteds, Chelseas - who have grown up under the impression they'd make it, and make it big time, and reasonably so in some cases. Must be quite traumatic to be promised enormous wealth and fame through your teenage years but ultimately end up struggling to make much of (Comparative to those teenage dreams) a living from the game. In the context of sport, it's one of the hardest experiences a player can go through. Far worse than a few chants or boos from opposition fans or whatever. It's a deep, meaningful rejection. As men, we tend not to handle any kind of rejection very well, let alone that.

But as men, we also need to accept that nobody is coming to save us. You have to lift yourself out of your circumstances. And if you cannot do that, you can't expect sympathy, because you're a man.

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 17:05 - Jan 16 with 3677 viewsjoe90

Going to use the 'in the know' card here...

He's been managing a long term injury. No lack of desire/heart or anything like that. I think he's been treated harshly and there's definitely some negative presumptions about pro-footballers being slung about that don't apply to Dabo.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 17:11 - Jan 16 with 3624 viewsSheffieldHoop

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 17:05 - Jan 16 by joe90

Going to use the 'in the know' card here...

He's been managing a long term injury. No lack of desire/heart or anything like that. I think he's been treated harshly and there's definitely some negative presumptions about pro-footballers being slung about that don't apply to Dabo.

Time will tell which of us is right.

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 17:16 - Jan 16 with 3610 viewsjoe90

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 17:11 - Jan 16 by SheffieldHoop

Time will tell which of us is right.

Indeed, but that depends who you believe.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 17:22 - Jan 16 with 3563 viewsSheffieldHoop

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 17:16 - Jan 16 by joe90

Indeed, but that depends who you believe.

Friendly reminder that Tyler Roberts was also managing a long-term injury when he played for us.
[Post edited 16 Jan 17:23]

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 17:32 - Jan 16 with 3526 viewsjoe90

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 17:22 - Jan 16 by SheffieldHoop

Friendly reminder that Tyler Roberts was also managing a long-term injury when he played for us.
[Post edited 16 Jan 17:23]

I get what you're saying, but I don't know Tyler Roberts. I can only comment on what I know and as I said, with regards to the accusation against Dabo, that happens to be something I know about.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 18:24 - Jan 16 with 3376 viewsmart_Goblin

Reading through each of these posts it’s clear Dabo will be a QPR player by June 2nd
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 18:29 - Jan 16 with 3351 viewsBoston

Poor old Troy, was Harrogate your cup final then?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 18:39 - Jan 16 with 3313 viewsgazza1

It depends on how the player is behaving and if the Club want him or not.....but all being equal it is not good practise.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 22:01 - Jan 18 with 2767 viewsOldPedro

Deeney gone!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 22:04 - Jan 18 with 2731 viewsNorthernr

Wellll that was quick
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 10:14 - Jan 19 with 2229 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Managerial career:

6 games
3 defeats
3 draws
0 wins

4-Game touchline ban!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 10:56 - Jan 19 with 2109 viewsBAWHoops

I look forward to his podcast appearance where he tells us that on his day he was a better manager than Pep

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 10:57 - Jan 19 with 2107 viewsMrSheen

Sadly couldn’t hold on for a Gloucestershire Senior Cup Final.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 11:01 - Jan 19 with 2097 viewsNorthernr

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 10:56 - Jan 19 by BAWHoops

I look forward to his podcast appearance where he tells us that on his day he was a better manager than Pep

Has Troy won as many trophies as Pep? No.
Has Troy managed the level of clubs Pep has? No.
But is Troy better at calling players out publicly for clout than Pep? Yeh.
Keep it in the dressing room ? on 18:25 - Jan 19 with 1748 viewsBeejnewark

Keep it in the dressing room ? on 11:01 - Jan 19 by Northernr

Has Troy won as many trophies as Pep? No.
Has Troy managed the level of clubs Pep has? No.
But is Troy better at calling players out publicly for clout than Pep? Yeh.

Well he's free now and we have 19 cup finals
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024