Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report 02:35 - Jan 30 with 5619 viewsNorthernr

Big thanks to Alex, who I want to hire for next season but I suspect now is making other career plans.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61826
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 06:10 - Jan 30 with 4720 viewsPaddyhoops

Great report Alex. Summed up the game perfectly.
Low quality, poor referee. Two bald men fighting over a comb . Basically.
Our lot had opportunities to climb out of the bottom three when Marti produced a mini revival pre Christmas.we didn’t take it . Same opportunity arose again on Sunday. We blew it again .
Doesn’t bode well.
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 07:31 - Jan 30 with 4539 viewssilky

Superb write up. Alex that was the best write up bar Clive I've ever read in the 10+ years of reading this site.

Articulate, whity, insightful and not too long, a thoroughly good read.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 07:45 - Jan 30 with 4484 viewsJAPRANGERS

Alex, are you Clive’s brother in law or stepbrother?
Brilliant report Sir! You are both from the same writing factory! 😄
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 08:20 - Jan 30 with 4348 viewsngbqpr

Fantastic writing Alex, thoroughly enjoyable.

I suspect I'm in a minority of...ooh, maybe about 20 or 30 out of 16,000, whatever % this is...but I didn't think it was quite as dreadful a game as you and the overwhelming majority did. Maybe after 50 odd years' support, of which about 35 have been like this, my standards have fallen alarmingly low.

'Shout out', 'big ups' etc to the defence, glad you gave them some well earned credit - listening to fans after the game / on here, I think we were all wallowing so much in our failure to win a six pointer / provide an attacking threat, that many overlooked the fact that what was a rabble only 3 months ago was only an offside goal resulting from some uncontrollable pinball away from a clean sheet - and as you have noted, defended many of the previously dreaded set pieces with something that looked worryingly close to competence (I was going to say aplomb, but that would be excessive).

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 08:57 - Jan 30 with 4192 viewsdaveB

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 08:20 - Jan 30 by ngbqpr

I suspect I'm in a minority of...ooh, maybe about 20 or 30 out of 16,000, whatever % this is...but I didn't think it was quite as dreadful a game as you and the overwhelming majority did. Maybe after 50 odd years' support, of which about 35 have been like this, my standards have fallen alarmingly low.

'Shout out', 'big ups' etc to the defence, glad you gave them some well earned credit - listening to fans after the game / on here, I think we were all wallowing so much in our failure to win a six pointer / provide an attacking threat, that many overlooked the fact that what was a rabble only 3 months ago was only an offside goal resulting from some uncontrollable pinball away from a clean sheet - and as you have noted, defended many of the previously dreaded set pieces with something that looked worryingly close to competence (I was going to say aplomb, but that would be excessive).

I'm with you, usually a last minute equaliser would be celebrated but just feels like the QPR fanbase is in an understandable depressed state which they are not getting snapped out of easily.

Even if we'd won this 6 pointer we'd only be level with them with 17 games left.

It was an opportunity missed but we've got 17 other opportunities before the end of the season to get points on the board, it's not going to be pretty or enjoyable, relegation battles never are
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 09:05 - Jan 30 with 4129 viewswestberksr

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 08:20 - Jan 30 by ngbqpr

after the past 18 months any form of non-defeat can seem ok.

then I remind myself of the fact this was a '6 pointer' between 2 very poor sides. Had we scrambled a last minute equaliser against a Leicester or Leeds then positivity would abound.

this was 2 (or 5, I'm not sure what the maths are?) points dropped. After Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday it ranks up there with games we really needed to win and arguably could have.

but I do concur with the 35 year rule and get where you are coming from Nick
[Post edited 30 Jan 9:06]
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 09:10 - Jan 30 with 4097 viewswestberksr

great stuff Alex; lots to agree with there and as it was one of the few games i've made it to this season it's nice to read a similar script to the one I had formed in my tiny, mildly depressed, been there done it mind.

the playing out and around the back was painful as it just invited pressure too high up the pitch when we inevitably and repeatedly fecked it up. I get the idea but we are really not very good at it.

anyway......... same time next week!
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 09:16 - Jan 30 with 4061 viewsGaryBannister86

Excellent report.

The free scarves were a nice touch - wonder if it was the new CEO's idea? Didn't see any bigging up of it on social media by the club but may have missed it?

Lot of chat, naturally, that it was quite a cost to be giving them away so wonder what was behind it. Not complaining though, I think it was a positive.
Login to get fewer ads

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 09:39 - Jan 30 with 3947 viewsngbqpr

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 09:05 - Jan 30 by westberksr

then I remind myself of the fact this was a '6 pointer' between 2 very poor sides. Had we scrambled a last minute equaliser against a Leicester or Leeds then positivity would abound.

this was 2 (or 5, I'm not sure what the maths are?) points dropped. After Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday it ranks up there with games we really needed to win and arguably could have.

Definitely agree with you re those 3 games potentially coming back to haunt us mate.

From the moment that final whistle blew at Hillsborough, I've been convinced that we'll fall short by 2-3 points - and we'll be able to pinpoint that mad 10 minutes blowing a hole not just in our points total, but our mini revival /self-belief.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 10:05 - Jan 30 with 3842 viewsSuperhoop83

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 09:39 - Jan 30 by ngbqpr

Definitely agree with you re those 3 games potentially coming back to haunt us mate.

From the moment that final whistle blew at Hillsborough, I've been convinced that we'll fall short by 2-3 points - and we'll be able to pinpoint that mad 10 minutes blowing a hole not just in our points total, but our mini revival /self-belief.

Completely agree.

Sheffield Wednesday was a gut punch, Millwall was a left hook that put us on the ropes and Cardiff was the knock out blow.

I genuinely can't see a way out of it now.

Suffering since 1978.

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 10:26 - Jan 30 with 3750 viewsMrSheen

Sinclair has sped from "This is a dream come true" to "F--k me, what is wrong with you?" in record time.
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 10:27 - Jan 30 with 3754 viewsdaveB

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 09:05 - Jan 30 by westberksr

if it was Leicester or Leeds it would still only be a point

I get why people are angry and down about the result but for me the Cardiff and Watford results were far more damaging that Sunday
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 10:28 - Jan 30 with 3753 viewsMarshy67

Seeing nearly everyone wearing a free blue and white scarf on Sunday reminded me of the Minder episode "Looking for Micky" where Arthur is flogging "exclusive one-off" dog tooth sports jackets.
So exclusive that at the end of the episode Arthur and Terry go into the Winchester and every punter is wearing....an "exclusive one-off" dog tooth sports jacket-including Dave the barman!!!
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 10:59 - Jan 30 with 3680 viewsTheChef

Watching on the telly it was absolute dross - barely any moments of quality from either team. I can't believe it was any better watching in LR.

And yes thanks Alex for a great report on a terrible game!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 14:49 - Jan 30 with 3039 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Excellent report ,pretty depressing but you are young and will get over it quickly haha.
Armstrong was all heart ,fight and his usual bull in china shop routine but he did not miss that sitter it was a stunning bit of defensive work and a clear corner.
How it was not diverted into his own net was unbelievable but the useless ref just pointed for a goal kick.Just another horrible call from a miserable ref we seem to get all the time.
Field was shown yellow but in the days of VAR that would be a straight red despite the fact his slide was already in motion so we should have zero complaints.
Willock is not worth his place anymore its pretty clear he has no desire to fight this massive fight we are in to avoid the drop.
I wont mention Richards
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 15:24 - Jan 30 with 2970 viewsNorthernr

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 10:27 - Jan 30 by daveB

if it was Leicester or Leeds it would still only be a point

I get why people are angry and down about the result but for me the Cardiff and Watford results were far more damaging that Sunday

It's more the performance than the result. Admitedly I only watched on a stream this time which can give a distorted view from those at the game, but I thought we were utterly, utterly dreadful. Couldn't put two passes together.
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 16:48 - Jan 30 with 2713 viewsParkRoyalR

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 15:24 - Jan 30 by Northernr

It's more the performance than the result. Admitedly I only watched on a stream this time which can give a distorted view from those at the game, but I thought we were utterly, utterly dreadful. Couldn't put two passes together.

I have you 100% right, other than Chair's daisy-cutter, I cannot remember a shot on or off target or a meaningful attack until we conceded,

We could'nt play out from the back, we went back to Ainsworth's Plan A which was to whack the ball over the top for Armstrong to chase and hopefully bull-doze his way through and get a shot on target, it was just so dis-jointed,

Worrying as it was, with Field on a ban, and Colback imminently to be banned, does it force the Managers hand into a more attack minded team?

Possibly playing EDB as a CDM with his athleticism giving us the chance to break the line, its going to go one way or the other that's for sure.
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 17:02 - Jan 30 with 2671 viewsdaveB

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 15:24 - Jan 30 by Northernr

yeah performance wasn't good although I didn't think we played well against Millwall either, I think thats just us now, we're not going to be good to watch but will hopefully nick enough results to get out of this. Like everyone else I am not overly hopeful we'll do it
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 18:04 - Jan 30 with 2489 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice writing, Alex. Great job.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 18:18 - Jan 30 with 2466 viewsPunteR

Enjoyed reading the report, despite the topic. Thanks Alex.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 18:58 - Jan 30 with 2351 viewsenfieldargh

Great reprt Alex thankyou.

Re the scarf giveaway do the club really hold c.10,000 scarves in stock? These must have been reserved for a promotion party and taking up space in a warehouse at £25/sq.metre.

Still lovely scarf, exceleent quality, perfect colour that match my eyes(which are green).

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 22:37 - Jan 30 with 2052 viewsLblock

I’m still numb at attending that shite.

When opportunity comes a knockin at the door this QPR squad hide behind the sofa and pretend they’re not in.

I’ve run out of descriptive swear words for them

Fair play for summing up the will to write about it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 00:22 - Jan 31 with 1921 viewskensalriser

Like the horse that won't jump: get up to the line, refuse to cross it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 01:01 - Jan 31 with 1902 viewsNorthernr

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 00:22 - Jan 31 by kensalriser

Sad Ken FC.
Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 01:30 - Jan 31 with 1872 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paal's late salvage papers deep fault lines - Report on 00:22 - Jan 31 by kensalriser

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024