Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread 08:27 - Feb 2 with 49869 viewsSpaceman_P

Right guys,

As I am up and awake. I have decided to start the Blackburn thread for the weekend.

Optimistic 2 - 1 tight game. Goals from Chair and a Penalty by Dykes.

They (Blackburn) will score before half time and hit the bar!!! but we will get something out of this.

Paul
[Post edited 3 Feb 14:02]
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 16:35 - Feb 4 with 1187 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 11:01 - Feb 4 by PunteR

Armstrong needs experience more than anything. Composure, timing , technique can be coached but implementing them in a match takes a certain amount of natural ability ( that's why none of us are footballers) plus professional coaching.
I think if i spent my week kicking a ball around and being trained by top coaches everyday id massively improve.
[Post edited 4 Feb 11:02]

That's a fair summation of my beliefs, Punter.
Well put.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 16:36 - Feb 4 with 1175 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 14:05 - Feb 4 by Antti_Heinola

I do as a knee jerk automatically disagree with anyone who says ‘you can’t coach that’. Well, they couldn’t do it as 4 year old. You look at how very few top class coaches England has produced in the last 30 years, and it’s attitudes like that that must pay a part. Just like Hoddle saying there’sno point practising penalties because you can’t recreate the match situation. Well, Germany lost their first ever shoot out, then never lost another for about 40 years. Only an idiot would say that was either winning the lottery or down to some imagined national innate advantage. Same with strikers, I think. Yes, the real top class ones like Rush, Lineker, Kane etc do seem to have that sixth sense, but that doesn’t mean they never worked on it or didn’t practice shooting or train to improve. That’s absurd. So can someone like Sinclair be coached to be a Lineker-like finisher? Well, no. But can he be coached to *improve* his ability in front of goal. Of course he bloody can. Why bother with coaching at all if not?!

Excellent, as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:47 - Feb 4 with 1019 viewsCamberleyR

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 00:30 - Feb 4 by Antti_Heinola

Good discussion. I think it's fairly common for young strikers to struggle a little to score early on in their careers before they go on a little run and things seem to 'click'. Harry Kane was just under a goal every 5 games in his first 56 appearances out on loan. Still miles better than Sincs of course, who's got about 3 in just under that time (although admittedly more of his apps have come off the bench) and of course he's not going to be Harry Kane! But, still. It's taken Solanke half his career to find his shooting boots. But whether that's young players finding their composure, or they already had it but they just improved as players / gained the necessary confidence, I couldn't tell you.
Vardy was prolific at Fleetwood in non-league, but scored 5 goals in his first Leicester season (managing just 3 in a year at one point). Then halfway through his second season, BAM. he was off, 9 in his last 15 games, doubling his tally for the previous 18 months.
Not saying that will happen with Sinclair, or even that it's comparable, just that strikers are effing weird.

Alan Shearer in his first few seasons at Southampton also had a record that was nothing to write home about. He got a hat trick on his debut but after that it was seven goals in seventy six appearances.

It was only in his last season before moving to Blackburn that he started to look like the striker he eventually became with 13 in 41 games.

Gary Lineker also only became a regular at Leicester in his fourth season where he'd only scored seven goals up to that point (37 apps).
[Post edited 4 Feb 18:51]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 10:44 - Feb 5 with 766 viewsTheChef

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:44 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed, Hunter.

We dropped so deep after he went off. Some of that may have been down to us defending a now one-goal lead, and the mental weakness that comes with that.

But a lot of it was down to us replacing the channel-running and ultra-agressive Armstrong for the vastly-different, immobile, newly-arrived and back-to-goal Frey.

It was a huge tactical change. No blame on Frey or the other players. Can't imagine we'd practiced that tactical change either.

On the one hand, Armstrong finished six great attacks with nothing but disappointment, picked up a needless yellow, and tired yet again and was incapable of lasting the game.

On the other hand, he created a few of those chances himself, kept their defensive line up the pitch and was impressive in how he assisted Hodge by ignoring Chair's run, checking inside and feeding the runner. Great calmness.

We went on to win 2-1, so all is ok.
But if they had scored after the sixth spurned chance, this would be a different conversation.

Well I suppose the manager didn't have much option if Armstrong was spent and we now have Frey so let's see what he can do.

For all that though, the goal we conceded was really soft. We had at least a couple of opportunities to clear our lines.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024