Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread 08:27 - Feb 2 with 51575 viewsSpaceman_P

Right guys,

As I am up and awake. I have decided to start the Blackburn thread for the weekend.

Optimistic 2 - 1 tight game. Goals from Chair and a Penalty by Dykes.

They (Blackburn) will score before half time and hit the bar!!! but we will get something out of this.

Paul
[Post edited 3 Feb 14:02]
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:02 - Feb 3 with 3238 viewsdavman

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 17:23 - Feb 3 by HAYESBOY

Results mean now that everyone from 16th down is in the mix.

Nice.

16th you say?

I'm listening.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:03 - Feb 3 with 3233 viewsbenhurst

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 17:52 - Feb 3 by QPROslo

Armstrong did great, the threat from his runs were keeping 3 or 4 of their players occupied and they looked like they couldn't settle into their passing game. When he adds more finish he'll be in the League above. Then he showed great control and vision in setting up Hodge for what ended up being the winning goal. MOM I think.

That's the thing with Sinclair, even when his decision making and finishing are terrible like today he still forces teams to defend deeper and hoof it more simply by being on the pitch. Very tricky to give a rating based on that performance but he does need to start taking some of those 1on1s if he's going to progress.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:08 - Feb 3 with 3171 viewsqueensparker

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 17:02 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Took Rangers at 1.44 after we went 1-0 up.
Cashed out on 98 minutes for 1.37.

Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw you posting the odds with us at 3.5-1 and had a whole cheeky fiver on it.

Beers on me tonight
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:14 - Feb 3 with 3056 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:08 - Feb 3 by queensparker

I saw you posting the odds with us at 3.5-1 and had a whole cheeky fiver on it.

Beers on me tonight

Woo-hoo!

I'm having a serious season on us. I have no qualms about betting that we'll win, lose or draw. I don't believe in karma or bets altering the outcome of game. If you, I and all Rangers fans know that the odds are off in our favour or otherwise at 2.45pm, 3.15pm, 3.45pm etc I'll take a few quid here and a few quid there no problem.

It's hard to turn our backs on the accumulated knowledge on here.
I must stress that I bet small and I'm very disciplined.

But I've won 17 bets out of 20 this season.
Enjoy the drinks, but please bet and drink respons...etc.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:20 - Feb 3 with 2975 viewsRangersw12

Thought that was Cannon's best game for us and he was obviously given licence to bomb forward which made us push Rovers back
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:38 - Feb 3 with 2812 viewsstinkydad

I thought Hayden looked class when he came on. There was one point when the ball was pinging about up in the air in midfield and despite there being two opponents closing on him he calmly brought it down on his chest and pinged it first time to a teammate. Most of the rest would have just headed it aimlessly.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:49 - Feb 3 with 2713 viewsmart_Goblin

Apart from the fist 10 and the last 10 minutes I thought we really played well .

Got to say I thought Armstrong created so much havoc . His all round hold up play is improving by the match but it’s just the final strike or decision but it will come . Be patient with him as he really is huge asset. He get us up the pitch and frightens the life out of the opponents. So glad he got an assist for Hodge.
Back four were very good too .

Every game now bigger than the last but well done to the players today .
Battled hard for that victory and well deserved
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:52 - Feb 3 with 2684 viewskensalriser

Blackburn looked absolutely beaten until the ref gave them a lifeline with the incorrect decision against Armstrong. We were good value for the win and now look to have a realistic more than merely hopeful chance of staying up. On the negative side we won't face many teams in such poor form, they have 5 points from the last ten games.
[Post edited 3 Feb 19:26]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 19:18 - Feb 3 with 2547 viewsLoyalitat

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:52 - Feb 3 by kensalriser

Blackburn looked absolutely beaten until the ref gave them a lifeline with the incorrect decision against Armstrong. We were good value for the win and now look to have a realistic more than merely hopeful chance of staying up. On the negative side we won't face many teams in such poor form, they have 5 points from the last ten games.
[Post edited 3 Feb 19:26]

None of the sides up to and including Millwall is showing any kind of form at all. Another win in our next two games would be ideal and really close the gap. Millwall play Coventry, Ipswich, Sheffield Weds and Southampton in the next four games.

It can be done, and I was very much the pessimist until today. the composure shown by Hodge in scoring the winning goal, running from deep and Hayden's ability to kill a ball instantly in tight situations and then pick a pass with his next touch or third at most, stood out for me and could be the points of difference that could get us playing at a greater tempo and might just keep us up.
[Post edited 3 Feb 19:41]
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 19:25 - Feb 3 with 2490 viewsdmm

Frey is not fit. This was the first game he's played all season and he was training with the youngsters at Antwerp which he said wasn't easy. He does look on the slow side but give him a few weeks and I think he'll sharpen up.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 19:32 - Feb 3 with 2432 viewsnix

The more hopeful news is our trend is upwards compared to teams around us. We’re 11th in the form table in the last six matches and 20th from the last ten matches, so improving over time.

Blackburn are bottom in both categories with only two points from the last six matches compared to our eight. Obviously we’ve still got a lot to do but hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 20:06 - Feb 3 with 2244 viewsHooparoo

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 19:32 - Feb 3 by nix

The more hopeful news is our trend is upwards compared to teams around us. We’re 11th in the form table in the last six matches and 20th from the last ten matches, so improving over time.

Blackburn are bottom in both categories with only two points from the last six matches compared to our eight. Obviously we’ve still got a lot to do but hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel.

What a great result to wake up to on a Sunday morning. The hoodoo is broken at last!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 20:40 - Feb 3 with 2079 viewsDannyPaddox

Jay-Zeus! Last time we won at Blackburn, Prince wrote a song about it!
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 20:44 - Feb 3 with 2058 viewsderbyhoop

We were great until they scored. Then the last 20 minutes were an extended squeaky bum time. We dropped far too deep and invited pressure. I can't believe MC would have been happy with that part.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 20:49 - Feb 3 with 2030 viewsHunterhoop

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 17:32 - Feb 3 by HAYESBOY

The thing with Armstrong is he gets us up the pitch by stretching their back 2 with his runs, physicality and pace. Yet when he gets in great positions (my counting was 3 first half down the left flank with Dykes and Willock on) he wastes them. The one on one second half a prime example.
Hopefully it can be coached into him. Needs to get his head up as per the second goal.

And the second thing is that the oppo’s defence has to be deeper when he plays at 9. That creates space for Chair, Willock and our midfield.

It is hugely underestimated.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:06 - Feb 3 with 1961 viewsqueensparker

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 20:49 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

And the second thing is that the oppo’s defence has to be deeper when he plays at 9. That creates space for Chair, Willock and our midfield.

100%

I’d infinitely rather he was causing chaos and making a total arse of 4/5 goal scoring chances than wandering about anonymously and creating fk all like most of our recent forwards. Having a dangerous option to play it long amid the tippy tappy that seems to make up most of modern football is a real advantage.

It’s something exciting to work with and scares the opposition. If he could pass and shoot like he’s starting to turn and run at seasoned defences he’d be a Premier League player. Give him time and get off his back.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:44 - Feb 3 with 1782 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 20:49 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

Agreed, Hunter.

We dropped so deep after he went off. Some of that may have been down to us defending a now one-goal lead, and the mental weakness that comes with that.

But a lot of it was down to us replacing the channel-running and ultra-agressive Armstrong for the vastly-different, immobile, newly-arrived and back-to-goal Frey.

It was a huge tactical change. No blame on Frey or the other players. Can't imagine we'd practiced that tactical change either.

On the one hand, Armstrong finished six great attacks with nothing but disappointment, picked up a needless yellow, and tired yet again and was incapable of lasting the game.

On the other hand, he created a few of those chances himself, kept their defensive line up the pitch and was impressive in how he assisted Hodge by ignoring Chair's run, checking inside and feeding the runner. Great calmness.

We went on to win 2-1, so all is ok.
But if they had scored after the sixth spurned chance, this would be a different conversation.

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:50 - Feb 3 with 1729 viewsHunterhoop

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:44 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed, Hunter.

We dropped so deep after he went off. Some of that may have been down to us defending a now one-goal lead, and the mental weakness that comes with that.

But a lot of it was down to us replacing the channel-running and ultra-agressive Armstrong for the vastly-different, immobile, newly-arrived and back-to-goal Frey.

It was a huge tactical change. No blame on Frey or the other players. Can't imagine we'd practiced that tactical change either.

On the one hand, Armstrong finished six great attacks with nothing but disappointment, picked up a needless yellow, and tired yet again and was incapable of lasting the game.

On the other hand, he created a few of those chances himself, kept their defensive line up the pitch and was impressive in how he assisted Hodge by ignoring Chair's run, checking inside and feeding the runner. Great calmness.

But if they had scored after the sixth spurned chance, this would be a different conversation.

But then equally had they conceded because we’d been camped in our half with no forward to get us up the pitch because Armstrong was off, would it be a different conversation?

In my opinion, we may never coach the composure and finishing into him, but it is absolutely worth us persevering and trying to find out through this and next season. IF he develops even a half decent level at both, he’ll become one hell of a player. If he doesn’t, he’ll leave at the end of next season or be retained on a small contract.

I’d be tying him down on an extension now, and pay the money. It’s a gamble worth it, imo.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 3 with 1685 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:50 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

But then equally had they conceded because we’d been camped in our half with no forward to get us up the pitch because Armstrong was off, would it be a different conversation?

In my opinion, we may never coach the composure and finishing into him, but it is absolutely worth us persevering and trying to find out through this and next season. IF he develops even a half decent level at both, he’ll become one hell of a player. If he doesn’t, he’ll leave at the end of next season or be retained on a small contract.

I’d be tying him down on an extension now, and pay the money. It’s a gamble worth it, imo.

I agree with you. I'd extend him if possible.

On a side note, I think it is possible to coach composure and finishing. I'm amazed that anyone think's that it's not possible. It's one of football's laziest clichés.

Today was a bad day for him, and he was still a threat. You have to like that

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:59 - Feb 3 with 1653 viewsHunterhoop

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

On a side note, I think it is possible to coach composure and finishing. I'm amazed that anyone think's that it's not possible. It's one of football's laziest clichés.

Exactly. I do.

I think finishing is coachable. I’m not sure about composure, nor anticipation. It’s in your head not your legs.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 22:13 - Feb 3 with 1570 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:59 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

Exactly. I do.

I think finishing is coachable. I’m not sure about composure, nor anticipation. It’s in your head not your legs.

I've seen players improve immeasurably on composure and anticipation, Hunter. I guarantee you improvement in both is coachable.

It's just knowledge, teaching players where the ball is likely to land in certain situations, reading kicking styles by other players, teaching players about dummy runs, cut-backs, back-doors etc or whatever terminology is currently in vogue.

Then there's mental sessions on finishing. In GAA we teach our free-takers and goal-keepers how to approach every kick with the same confidence, preparation and technique.

We also teach our in-play forwards that they are also set-piece takers. So we bring them into the same mental sessions. Their finishing may be more fluid and dynamic as the ball is moving but the mental principles are the same. They learn so much from it.

A longer conversation.
But I guarantee you that it's all coachable.

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 22:13 - Feb 3 with 1570 viewseastside_r

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

He’s clearly improving. His hold up play with back to goal has come on leaps and bounds.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 22:30 - Feb 3 with 1499 viewsFDC

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:44 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed, Hunter.

Here to order one *"ultra-agressive Armstrong"* t-shirt please, black with white detail, savage
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 22:44 - Feb 3 with 1444 viewscolinallcars

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 20:40 - Feb 3 by DannyPaddox

Jay-Zeus! Last time we won at Blackburn, Prince wrote a song about it!

Danny, i've never been a particular adherent to music of the popular variety. Could you explain ?
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 22:52 - Feb 3 with 1394 viewsHunterhoop

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 22:13 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I've seen players improve immeasurably on composure and anticipation, Hunter. I guarantee you improvement in both is coachable.

It's just knowledge, teaching players where the ball is likely to land in certain situations, reading kicking styles by other players, teaching players about dummy runs, cut-backs, back-doors etc or whatever terminology is currently in vogue.

Then there's mental sessions on finishing. In GAA we teach our free-takers and goal-keepers how to approach every kick with the same confidence, preparation and technique.

We also teach our in-play forwards that they are also set-piece takers. So we bring them into the same mental sessions. Their finishing may be more fluid and dynamic as the ball is moving but the mental principles are the same. They learn so much from it.

A longer conversation.
But I guarantee you that it's all coachable.

Sceptical, Brian. Can’t think of many professional sportsmen who initially displayed a lack of composure only for it to become something they had.

More specifically, which forward began their career with no composure only to find it?

I’ll bow to your better knowledge, Bri, but it has to be rare, not common, hence why I think it’s unlikely with Armstrong. But I live in hope. And I’d definitely stick with him. Nightmare to defend against.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024