Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil's off to Furry Boot City 13:02 - Feb 4 with 1546 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68197268

75 and still going,
Neil's off to Furry Boot City on 13:13 - Feb 4 with 1445 viewsHooping_Mad

I said to Sharon, I've always wanted to see Scotland in the winter.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Neil's off to Furry Boot City on 13:15 - Feb 4 with 1428 viewsNed_Kennedys

Good news if it happens, stops him returning to Huddersfield or maybe going to Blackburn if they sack their manager.
Neil's off to Furry Boot City on 13:30 - Feb 4 with 1336 viewsTonto

Furry Boot City? Where did that come from?

It's know as the Granite city as lots of the buildings are built from the local.silver gray granite. Marchial College is the largest goghic granite building in Europe.

I went to Uni there and my first job too so was 7 years living there.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Neil's off to Furry Boot City on 13:41 - Feb 4 with 1264 viewsQPRSteve

Neil's off to Furry Boot City on 13:30 - Feb 4 by Tonto

Furry Boot City? Where did that come from?

It's know as the Granite city as lots of the buildings are built from the local.silver gray granite. Marchial College is the largest goghic granite building in Europe.

I went to Uni there and my first job too so was 7 years living there.

"In answer to the the question: Why Furry Boots City ? the following explanation is from the Scotsman of 21st June 1995: “Several, thousand that is, readers have asked why Aberdeen is sometimes referred to as furry boot city. The answer is a question: “Furry boot y’ frae?”

"The term also reached the ears of Kamal Ahmed writing in the Observer of 20th July 1997 and I make no excuse for including this extract in full: “Aberdeen is the only place I know where it snows on the beach. It’s known as Furry Boots City, but this has nothing to do with the clothes people wear. ... The moniker refers to the greeting accorded strangers, ‘Furry boots ya fae?’ Which means, ‘Whereabouts are you from?’”
Neil's off to Furry Boot City on 14:01 - Feb 4 with 1136 viewsloftus77

Surprised by this - even though it is Neil. Not sure what he can really do for Aberdeen from here until the summer. They are not in real danger of going down (I think they've never been relegated ever fwiw) and third place has almost certainly gone (Hearts).

I guess his mission must be the Scottish Cup where the winners are guaranteed lucrative European group stage football next season. But even that will be a non-starter if the Old Firm are kept apart in the QF draw (assuming the might of Ayr and St Mirren are vanquished).

Pleased for him, because it sounds one of the easier gigs he'll have, in terms of expectation up at Pittodrie. Long way to drive his tractor, I guess. Good luck to him.
Neil's off to Furry Boot City on 14:44 - Feb 4 with 948 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Awww, imagine what it would be like on here if he’d gone there when the PBBC was still at Ibrox. 😂😂😂
Neil's off to Furry Boot City on 14:48 - Feb 4 with 923 viewsflynnbo

Couldn't really be much further from his beloved Cornwall if he tried.
Neil's off to Furry Boot City on 15:00 - Feb 4 with 855 viewsTonto

Neil's off to Furry Boot City on 13:41 - Feb 4 by QPRSteve

"In answer to the the question: Why Furry Boots City ? the following explanation is from the Scotsman of 21st June 1995: “Several, thousand that is, readers have asked why Aberdeen is sometimes referred to as furry boot city. The answer is a question: “Furry boot y’ frae?”

"The term also reached the ears of Kamal Ahmed writing in the Observer of 20th July 1997 and I make no excuse for including this extract in full: “Aberdeen is the only place I know where it snows on the beach. It’s known as Furry Boots City, but this has nothing to do with the clothes people wear. ... The moniker refers to the greeting accorded strangers, ‘Furry boots ya fae?’ Which means, ‘Whereabouts are you from?’”

I would say that it's not pronounced furry boots more fairy boots in Doric (The Aberdonain accent).

The worst Doric expression is "fit fit fits fit fit". It means which shoe fits which foot.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024